[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saga Analysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (524 KB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
524 KB, 1987x3056
This guy posted a new analysis on Saga. Saw his Moon Knight one on here the other day and it was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjjYAtHqN0
>>
>>83636806
This is the type of reviews I like. Where they get into the specifics of how comics are made. Thanks anon, I'm going to listen to more of this stuff
>>
Someone posted the MK one the other day. Not seen the Southern Bastards one before.

I like these because you don't often get people going into he specifics of it. Most reviews just say "art is okay, great writing" or whatever.
>>
>>83638822
I like how he highlights the geometry in the Moon Knight one, very informative
>>
>>83636806
He and kaptainkristian are top tier guys on YT
>>
>>83639006
But we all know they have nothing on Mr enter
>>
Hey guys - just found this thread and wanted to say thanks for the kind words and checking out the videos - really glad you're enjoying them!

Has anyone got suggestions for any comics they'd like tackling in the future?
>>
>>83639464
Transmetropolitan. I feel like its more relevant today than when it came out.
>>
I dig the bit about Sophie's speech bubble

That attention to detail is one reason I really like Saga
>>
>>83639464
Love and Rockets
>>
>>83639464
Kabuki. It has so many layers to reading it.
>>
I feel ashamed to say I've had a copy of Kabuki on my shelf for ages and never got round to reading it. I should probably do that.

There's a topic in Transmetropolitan that I've had jotted down for a while and need to put some research into, so it's definitely on the list.

And Love & Rockets is fucking great!
>>
>>83639464
Omega Men.
>>
>>83639464
Crossing Midnight
>>
>>83641770
Kabuki is a slow read, so take your time. Basically you have to read the panels and then the page as a whole and sometimes stop to analyze what you just read. Generally I read the page 3 times before going to the next one. A great read but takes a lot longer than a standard comic.

Great channel btw, just finished watching the other videos too
>>
>>83642250
That's pretty much how I read every comic... Takes me bloody ages.
>>
>>83639464
kill six billion demons
>>
>>83639464
Prophet.

Brandon Graham usually prints his super rough but effective layouts at the end of each issue, would be interesting to compare that script to the finished book, especially with your keen eye.

Plus it's just a great book.
>>
>>83639464
For that kind of analysis, I think East of West and The Manhattan Projects are good subjects. And a lot of Warren Ellis's stuff, like his new James Bond series.

Ellis is kind of the opposite of Vaughn; in Vargr and Karnak, he's written pages of amazing action with no dialog.
>>
>>83641889
This guy has it right.
>>
>>83639464
What kind of comics are you interested in?

Also The Incal, Jim Woodring's Frank, Hard Boiled, From Hell, Watchmen, The Adventures of Tintin, Chris Claremont's X-Men run, and the works of Charles Burns
>>
Are there more analysis' like this on youtube?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.