[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 156
File: 1465454052048.png (117 KB, 650x3129) Image search: [Google]
1465454052048.png
117 KB, 650x3129
How do you feel about Dave's character arc?
>>
>>83630290
someone explain to Jade you need over seventy breeding pairs to stave off extinction, preferably closer to 700
>>
>>83630290
Someone write a fic for this where Dave cries for Karkat the entire time Jade is raping him, and Jade makes fun of him for being a fag which makes him cry even more.
Tears turn me on.
>>
>>83630378
she probably plans on using exobiology equipment to make things viable
>>
>>83630378
It has has nothing to do with repopulation really, jade just wants kids
>>
>>83630378
Oh yeah let's explain genetics to the half dog child who can control space. The same one who used frog genetics to create a whole new universe.
>>
>dave giving up the chance to have a milf to himself

Have OOC
>>
>>83630478
i didn't know i wanted this
make her put something in his butt too.
>>
>>83630478
i wrote a fic similar except it only barely brings up karkat because dave's mouth is both gagged and taped over
>>
>>83630478
I'm already writing Dave raising his dog children (though apparently I'm not allowed to post a link to it), maybe later.
>>
>>83630614
That's no fun though. I want him to be bawling for Karkat and begging Jade to stop.

>>83630613
I'm not opposed to this as long as she shames him for liking it because he's a faggot.
>>
>>83630478
all tears or just tears of distress?
how do you feel about tears of eustress, or ocular irritation?
>>
>>83630614
Are you gonna drop a link here or no?
>>
>>83630703
No thanks
Only 100% rape that leaves Dave emotionally broken.
>>
>>83630779
no Jade sucking Dave off while he cuts onions for you
>>
>>83630290
Did this really happen? Is Homestuck really worth getting into?
>>
>>83630817
why would dave be the one cooking?
>>
>>83630817
>>83630824
Karkat is truly the most demanding chef.
>>
File: Rose disgust.jpg (402 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Rose disgust.jpg
402 KB, 5000x5000
>>83630770
>Slowly, she sneaked his hood into her hand
>sneaked
>>
>>83630824
Jade's shown to garden, but not cook.
>>
>>83630824
it's his turn tonight and the only thing he knows how to actually make is chili
>>
>>83630878
But is it GOOD chili?
>>
>>83630822
no and sorta
>>
>>83630859
i don't see the issue with this, did i misspell something? english isn't my first language so i mgith've typo'd
>>
>>83630924
the past tense of sneak is snuck
>>
>>83630928
Checking several dictionaries, it says both are valid.
>>
>>83630928
it's actually "snought"
>>
File: 489993847384444..png (44 KB, 1268x131) Image search: [Google]
489993847384444..png
44 KB, 1268x131
Do we have any actual plans for our stream? I've seen a lot of people implying we do but I can't actually find the plans anywhere
>>
>>83630984
it's clearly snook
>>
why do you all hate davekat so much
>>
>>83631015
Its actually snek
>>
>>83631022
spite
>>
>>83630894
>texan
yes
on that thought terezi probably hates spicy food
>>
>>83631022
spite, mostly

also its stupid
>>
>>83631064
nah, if anything I reckon she's a huge masochist for the stuff
straight up 'please stop making this weird' with all her panting and moaning and drooling
>>
>>83631064
Most texas chili I had was pretty shitty.
>>
>>83631022
Well I can't speak for everyone but a few of my personal reasons for disliking it include:
>It came out of nowhere in the story, with no meaningful development to support it.
>It was a result of one of the worst narrative events in the comic.
>It required both of the characters involved to act jarringly different from their prior selves to function. Which had an impact of their standalone character development and actions in a negative sense going forward.
>It replaced an already functioning and enjoyable dynamic between the two which made sense and didn't need altering.

I think more people would be relatively accepting of it had some of those issues been addressed, primarily the lack of any actual development for it. But it's way too late for it now, so it's always going to cause controversy.
>>
>>83631022
I wouldn't have minded it if they'd gone from bros to lovers in the GO timeline, but the way Vriskagram made it look is like they had no options and hooked up out of desperation. Both of them seemed pretty lame and emotionally vulnerable post-retcon (Dave's rant on masculinity, Karkat literally telling Kanaya that he was useless and all he wanted was a chance to sacrifice himself for the benefit of the people who actually mattered) so it doesn't seem like they helped each other get over any major issues either. It feels like they got together because nobody else would touch them and spent three years hating themselves more every day.

This is coming from a fujoshit, even. I really don't like Davekat.
>>
>>83631022
>>83631141
>>83631246
These reasons, but also because the fans are the most insufferable fuckers I've EVER seen
>>
>>83631022
I don't
But I like making fun of it
I kinda like JohnDave better
>>
>>83631246
have you considered that they seemed more emotionally vulnerable because they dropped the masks they were holding up
sometimes growing up means that a character will move away from a immature mindset that's more entertaining to the viewer. doesn't mean the characters aren't happier and more mature.
>>
>>83631267
>i dont like something because of its fans

literally how have you managed to read the whole of honestuck
>>
>>83631371
in one sitting, without interacting with the fanbase until I was caught up
>>
>>83631371
Oh I dislike it because of the normal reasons too. The fact that the fans of it are fucking awful people just helps it along.
>>
File: Mituna HOPE.gif (21 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Mituna HOPE.gif
21 KB, 650x450
So I downloaded a fuckload of Homestuck music, some of which never got released
Including something named "Desperado" made by Bill Bolin, Robert "Kali" Blaker and Joseph Aylsworth
And I just wonder what its supposed to be
>>
>>83631368
lmao shut the fuck up, tipsy

Davekat is fucking shit, it will forever be associated with Vriskagram and Hussie is a shit cuck who can't kill off the pairing in the epilogue
>>
>>83631403
how was the experience? i did basically the same thing apart from reading acts 1-4 as they were released in ye olde days and then catching up just before collide
>>
>>83631368
They dropped the masks, yeah, but they didn't seem to achieve much genuine peace or healing on the meteor. Dave started to get that when he talked to Dirk, not when he did anything involving Karkat. Karkat was venting to Kanaya, not to Dave. There weren't really any signs that they were doing anything for each other and they were never shown having any boyfriendly conversations, so I don't think it's surprising that their relationship felt hollow to a lot of people.
>>
>>83631457
to this day I have a shaking feeling being so sleep deprived made the comic seem significantly better than it is, but that first impression was so strong I may never see through it
>>
>>83631246
>Karkat literally telling Kanaya that he was useless and all he wanted was a chance to sacrifice himself for the benefit of the people who actually mattered
i don't remember this
>>
>>83631458
no one had any conversations post getting together in this comic so thats unfair to apply just to them
>>
>>83631501
>no one had any conversations post getting together in this comic
But... most of them did?
>>
>>83631493
what do you mean by shaking feeling
>>
>>83631448
its not my fault you somehow managed to ignore every single time it was pointed out that Karkat's anger was bullshit, or that Dave really wasnt cool at all. or that they acted that way because they were insecure and self loathing. them putting a stop to those acts shows that theyre actually more secure, emotionally open and comfortable with themselves.

you just got attached to the mask, and are crying that its gone and attributing that to negative development when its really just your shitty reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1338529259250.png (379 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
1338529259250.png
379 KB, 500x693
>>
>>83631495
KARKAT: AND WHO KNOWS, MAYBE A MOMENT WILL PRESENT ITSELF...
KARKAT: WHERE I CAN DO SOMETHING IMPORTANT.
KARKAT: LIKE NUDGE SOMEONE OUT OF THE WAY OF A RANDOM FLAMING FUCKBALL JUST IN TIME.
KARKAT: OR SOME OTHER SMALL THING ACTUALLY WITHIN MY ABILITY.
KARKAT: MAYBE I'LL DIE IN THE PROCESS OF SAVING SOMEONE MORE CRUCIAL TO VICTORY?
KARKAT: IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PART OF THIS, SO BE IT.
KARKAT: I'M IN.
KANAYA: Thats Why Youre Our Leader Karkat
KARKAT: I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING LEADER!!!
KANAYA: Statements Like That Are Also Why Youre Our Leader

p=009538
>>
>>83631368
But neither of them was actually happier with themselves and in Karkat's case he regressed rather considerably. Dave still had his mask on as well in all his conversations post-retcon, only really dropping in his heart to heart with Dirk.

Having something uncover emotional vulnerability is only one part of the process, you've still got to deal with the cause of said emotional issues and that was never lead up to or dealt with well in either of them. For example, Dave's issues with Bro which were initially presented as comedic to the viewer and Karkat's whole deal of aspiring to be a leader despite his mutant blood. All these emotional issues were brought up and dealt with in the presence of other characters, not with each other. The only thing gained by either of them together was Karkat's personal regression, along side some positive attempts at trying to be calmer.

To add on to this, the positive effects could have been done just as well with their pre-existing relationship the two characters had which had both chemistry, development and history. Antagonistic friends, why couldn't they just stay like that? By forcing them together it eliminates a big part of a functioning dynamic for no gain.
>>
>>83631516
like when your glasses still seem smudged, even after you clean them
or a faint aftertaste of dishsoap even though you rinsed the cup five times before using it
or how you always have less booze left in the bottle when you wake up than you remember being there when you fell asleep
>>
>>83631548
>admitting to be tipsy
>implying I got attached by their masks and not at the dumb forced romance that should have happened pre-retcon
>literally korrasami 2.0 lol so meta

Hussie Zahhak
>>
>>83631561
>All these emotional issues were brought up and dealt with in the presence of other characters, not with each other.
this is unfair because it was needed narratively when you introduce several new characters or need varied interactions

also attributing karkats incomplete arc to dave is like saying rosemary sucks because kanaya didnt contribute anything to rose wanting to play the rain. im not the biggest fan of rosemary but no one has ever shat on rosemary for that or even made the link like with davekat.
>>
>>83630290
Jesus Christ, corridor.
feel free to stop fucking the corpse anytime soon
>>
File: 1460677277290.jpg (66 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
1460677277290.jpg
66 KB, 528x792
Why do people care so much about relationships between kids in a dead webcomic?

If any of you 'shipping' faggots think you're any better than the whiny bitches on tumblr, you're dead wrong.
>>
>>83631623
You know, Korrasami at least had the benefit of being at least lightly implied over the last season and the two characters having a good rapport with one another. Davekat came out of nowhere.
It's still shit just done at the end for progressive points, but ultimately it's miles better than Davekat. Though everything is.
>>
>>83631662
People totally have made that link though; I've seen a lot of people here say that Rosemary was good in theory but that Hussie didn't know what to do with the characters once they were together and they both became uninteresting and irrelevant in Act 6.
>>
>>83631548
>Karkat's anger was bullshit, or that Dave really wasnt cool at all
That's just personal interpretation taken to an extreme. You can say they were masking their insecurities with the help of over the top aggression and self-loathing in Karkat's case and the cool-guy persona in Dave's. However, that doesn't mean those behaviors are any less real or a part of them, they just take them to extremes as a self-defense method.

Karkat is just an angry guy, it's a part of his personality. To suggest he is entirely falsifying that anger as a means of covering up his personal issues is absurd. It's like denying 90% of what we know of his character. His insecurities lead to that personality trait and it is a part of him. Even when he 'calmed down' he was still over the top and easily riled, that's just his thing.

Dave's situation being different in that people have already seen through his persona but still think he's cool, Jade being the obvious example. It's as much a part of him as his other personality traits are, he's just a cool guy with some less cool guy parts to him.

There's other issues with your interpretation, such as the idea they came out of the retcon more emotionally comfortable, given Karkat's regression and lack of actually dealing with his personal issues. In addition to the actual positive development shown with either character was nowhere near each other.
>>
>>83631720
Wait, which one was this, Trashconstruct or Steelcorridor?
I can't tell them apart
Does Steel make thicker, messier lines or something?
>>
>Davekat associated with Vriskagram and Vriska fixing everything
>people wonder why they hate this ship
>>
>>83631748
No Steel is thin lines
>>
>>83631731
as someone who came to korra late and knew about korrasami beforehand, and was patiently waiting for it to start happening, it came out of nowhere and went nowhere. there was no korrasami. it doesnt exist in the show.
>>
johnroxy literally does nothing for the characters except look cute and its worshipped

rose and kanaya literally do nothing and its tolerated and maybe called boring

dave and karkat actually helped each other feel more comfortable with themselves and its MUH TRIGGUR DIDNT DO NOTHIN
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (86 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
86 KB, 480x270
>Homestuck will never be silly fun again
>>
File: 1373316792485.png (155 KB, 480x994) Image search: [Google]
1373316792485.png
155 KB, 480x994
>>
will dammek and xefros fuck
>>
File: 25990.gif (84 KB, 754x600) Image search: [Google]
25990.gif
84 KB, 754x600
>>83631555
Why'd the Trolls feel the need to re-create what their ancestors did?
Eridan trying to be scourge of the high seas, instead of the wwizard he really wanted to be.
Nepeta wanting to climb mount Nubbyshouts, just like the Disciple and Signless.
Vriska wanted to be a pirate queen like Mindfang, bone the Nitram like Mindfang, and get killed by her brownblood boyfriend like Mindfang.
For someone who was all about "i am the hero, it is me" she acted like she'd rather be walking in someone else's shoes.
At least Feferi's desire to be empress came from the endorsement of the lusus that chose to raise her.
>>
File: Kanaya and this is jackass.gif (68 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
Kanaya and this is jackass.gif
68 KB, 500x545
>>83631776
>does nothing for the characters
Truly, this is a well thought out bait
>>
>>83631776
JohnRoxy and RoseKan have the benefit of not involving characters that were heavily shipped with others before they got together

RoseKan was teased for a long time and John never showed much interest in anyone besides Rose in that one flash.

Davekat is competing with DaveJade, Daverezi, Karezi, and Jadekat, all of which were teased earlier and more often
>>
>>83631748
It's Trashconstruct. Steelcorridor has largely stopped. TC is also better at being offensive.
>>
>>83631662
The point is that them being together doesn't add anything for either of them development wise, given their personal development was handled with other more influential characters. Thus it sticks out as being unnecessary and thus dis-likable.

>rosemary sucks because kanaya didnt contribute anything to rose wanting to play the rain. im not the biggest fan of rosemary but no one has ever shat on rosemary for that
Well I've seen plenty of people who held such an opinion, given how both Kanaya and Rose stopped offering meaningful input with each other, other characters and the story as a whole after getting together. Is that an issue with the characters, the relationship or just Hussie's writing? We can't 100% say, but what can be observed is their relationship not adding to those previous factors outlined, which is a reasonable reason to dislike it, hence to parallel with DaveKat. If it doesn't add anything after replacing an already fully functioning dynamic and isn't shown developing then what's the point in it?
>>
>>83631832
oh so the cats out of the bag

youre all just butthurt because your otps got sunk by it
>>
>>83631776
johnroxy even gets semi-negated when both of them start flirting with/kissing other characters and neither show any kind of jealousy. theres nothing between them after a66i4, it just disappears, but we cling to it anyway
>>
>>83631832
And Dave and Jade helped Dave at least feel more comfortable with himself WHILE death and hell shit were going on, and it did it while actually feeling natural, unlike Davekat which took a retcon to justify
>>
>>83631868
>both of them start flirting with/kissing other characters
Fucking what?
>>
i ship mom/dad

>>
>>83631845
tc is definitely not better at being offensive. nothing he has done compares to not on my watch
>>
>>83631863
Nah I'm saying that that's why people excuse the other two you mentioned for being boring more. They didn't have more interesting competition.

Davekat had a bunch of potentially interesting ships it had to sink to happen.

My OTP was Dersecest and it was obvious that it wasn't going to happen, so I wasn't fazed when it didn't
>>
>>83631863
>youre all just butthurt because your otps got sunk

Bravo. Keep using that mindset.
>>
File: oneOfTheseIsNotCanonical.png (1 MB, 1282x1657) Image search: [Google]
oneOfTheseIsNotCanonical.png
1 MB, 1282x1657
>>83631776
> Rosemary does nothing.
Except pushing Kanaya to stand up for herself against a snarky broad, and giving her a chance to grow out of Forever Alone.
Except emphasizing each other's drinking problems.
Except giving Rose opportunity to be genuinely helpful to others as an auspitice instead of giving horseshit advice to make herself feel superiour to others.

If you ignore everything, then yeah okay then it would look like nothing's there.
>>
>>83631821
Wasn't it mentioned as being a cultural thing that trolls would look to their possible ancestors in the past for direction in their lives?
>>
>>83631821
they didn't know what they wanted and had no real guidance so latched onto preexisting benchmarks for success to provide their stressful lives with a sense of direction and purpose

y'know, teenager stuff. most kids have someone they want to be hen they grow up, limited by the kinds of people they've heard about.
>>
>>83631888
everytime jade talked to dave she kept on encouraging the cool kid shit. she barely had any idea who dave really was.

she couldn't even deal with davesprites issues, instead going to yell at alpha dave about it because she viewed them as the same person. how can someone so insensitive to an obvious issue have any chance of dealing with daves?
>>
>>83631776
I'd flat out disagree with your first two points and say that your third had no actual development in the comic which we're shown, hence people's issues with it.
>>
Good thing John never fucked a troll
>>
>>83631905
They did a thing of jade turning dave white
The OP is her literally raping him
>>
>>83631896
>>
File: Roxy piggyback john.png (452 KB, 850x963) Image search: [Google]
Roxy piggyback john.png
452 KB, 850x963
>>83631896
Me too
Which is also the reason I also ship JohnRoxy
>>
>>83631916
Why do you make up shit and call it facts?
>>
>>83631951
She had a clear idea of who Dave was. You keep missing that point. The thing was that Jade made it clear that it didn't matter that he was a dork or not, she found him cool regardless. He dropped the facade while still feeling like he could be heroic. Under davekat he regressed to straight up hating that side of him.
>>
>>83631868
john and terezi go large with their flirting while roxy grins happily at how cute it is, despite wanting a boyfriend being one of her core motivations. then she flies off with calliope and we get a cutaway hiding something that looks like a kiss. and they dont show any signs they are particularly interested in each other for the rest of the comic.
>>
File: BQ THICC.png (383 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
BQ THICC.png
383 KB, 1280x1280
>>83631951
Tipsy wouldn't trash Jade, so this is a seriously good bait
>>
>>83631725
i've never understood the appeal of unironic shipping, especially in homestuck, with as much else as the comic has going on and as much time as it's spent taking the piss out of shippers
being sincerely salty over any romantic development strikes me as almost admirably autistic
>>
File: 65519_by_theneonwerewolf.jpg (223 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
65519_by_theneonwerewolf.jpg
223 KB, 640x640
>>83631922
Huh. Okay I can see that, and I was forgetting how young they are. Humans do pattern themselves on their parents, even if to rebel. Trolls don't have that constant role-model with them, so they'd find something else. That culture would be crazy with the charismatic leaders and hero-worship.
>>
>>83631951
Davesprite specifically dumps her because he wants her to get with real Dave.
>>
>Johnfags are now butthurt that Roxy/Calliope may be a thing
>he still has Terezi and he can save her from Vriska's bullshit
>"boohoo muh threesome"
>>
what if they're all a bunch of teenagers who date around a lot, sometimes kind of capriciously, because that's what teenagers do

and what if where the characters are relationship-wise at the end of the comic should be taken as a moment in time along that tumultuous timeline of relationships and growth, and not the end-all be-all OTP let's-get-married-and-hop-in-the-grave-right-now

what then
>>
>>83632015
i want to touch that "tiny" vriska
>>
>>83631988
dave insisting he's not gonna fight or be a hero and then fighting and being a hero and then dying when Jade was in danger was a lot more poignant than anything with davekat
>>
>>83632056
Shut the fuck up, Hussie. You focused your fucking time on shipping crap and ruined the fucking comic with this shit, so you better fucking deliver you hack.
>>
>>83631951
She found him cool regardless of the persona, that was their thing. Especially given John had no clue about his personal issues and Rose was almost an adversary at time that he had to keep his facade up with, just as she had to keep her playful barbs up around Dave. It's why so many people enjoyed Dave as his interactions were vastly different depending on which Kid he was interacting with.

>how can someone so insensitive to an obvious issue have any chance of dealing with daves?
Are you suggesting Karkat would be any different in how he went about things? He'd be even worse given how aggressive he is. For the most seemingly sensitive troll he's highly insensitive to those around him when interacting with them.
>>
File: 1400202728022.png (60 KB, 450x329) Image search: [Google]
1400202728022.png
60 KB, 450x329
>>
File: promble.png (41 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
promble.png
41 KB, 500x346
>>83632056
then people who didn't date a lot as teens would feel alienated and confused
>>
>>83632056
that would be INSANE dude, and also, what if peoples emotional issues take longer to deal with than two days of fighting seperated by either five months or three years of cabin-fever isolation.

what THEN
>>
>>83631988
nice fan fiction. the way she acted towards it was on the same of encouragement as terezi. show me where she says she doesnt care if hes a dork.
in his most emotionally vulnerable state, where hes actually being honest she complete shat on him and couldnt stand him at all.
>>
>>83632095
think of it this way:
as these immortal teenagers live their infinite lives, the probability of every ship happening approaches 1
so see every ship is canon and everyone should be happy
also carapacian orgies
>>
>>83632172
>live their infinite lives
EXCEPT FOR KARKAT, KANAYA AND TEREZI LMAO
>>
>>83632026
davesprite was depressed and completely unaware that dave could and did find someone else. even in the pre retcon he was dating terezi at the time davesprite said that just to drive home how off base that was. stop taking everything at face value.
>>
File: 00382.gif (30 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
00382.gif
30 KB, 650x450
>>83632166
>in his most emotionally vulnerable state, where hes actually being honest she complete shat on him and couldnt stand him at all

You mean like talking about Bro's death?

>show me where she says she doesnt care if hes a dork.

The fact where she still puts up with him and even finds him entertaining when he's at his dorkiest? I get that you need something explicitly spelled out for you but read between the lines. Since the start it was always clear that Dave relaxed a lot more around her, and why do you think that is?
>>
>>83632206
didn't hussie say the lowest caste only lives to 30?
>>
>>83632206
jane might be able to lengthen their lifespans
>>
>>83632088
thats just dave stop looking at that with rose tinted shades

he also went on the suicide mission to die with rose. knights are loyal.
>>
>>83632235
about 30 sweeps, which is roughly 70-80 years
>>
>>83632236
Or she can shorten them
>>
>>83632236
Jane would give them all the fucking middle finger.
>>
>>83632221
>stop taking everything at face value

As opposed to saying that Jade can't handle Dave because Davesprite?
It's funny that Davesprite is a separate character until it involves Jade, and then suddenly he's the same as Dave and because of this Jade can't ever handle Dave.
>>
File: Aradia smile.gif (880 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Aradia smile.gif
880 KB, 500x450
>>83632056
Well then everything would be fine and dandy and everyone could hold hands and be happy

But we cant have that, can we? Of course we fucking can't, CAUSE SHIT JUST DONT GO LIKE THAT
>>
>>83632229
well dave almost explicitly said karkat made him feel like a human being for the first time so thats more substantial than that.
>>
Jane
Karkat
Jade
Vriska if she comes back

Which one is most likely to start drama, murder and shenanigans?
>>
>>83632301
Yet all we're shown is that he's regressed and many of his problems have gotten worse. He hates the concept of heroism, most of his interests seem neglected, and overall he seems actually in a WORSE spot.
And this is with Dave having time to actually relax and not worry about anything. The fact that Jade is getting him to smile and lighten up in the middle of the fucking game and dealing with his Bro says a lot more than Davekat ever did.
>>
>>83631891
ya whaT??
>>
what if, also, different people can give you different things in a relationship at different times in your life

and two people who are great for each other at one point might not be great for each other at another time, and in fact there might be a better person out there for them

and what if this means relationships don't have to be ranked like smash bros tiers
>>
File: m1.png (20 KB, 856x92) Image search: [Google]
m1.png
20 KB, 856x92
>>83632253
>>
>>83632340
Davekat shippers don't exactly appreciate subtlety. They like Dave being a crybaby who outright tells the audience the exact causes of his problem. Meanwhile his interactions with Jade and Rose felt a hell of a lot more legitimate. Davekat just feels like Hussie forgot how to write Dave.
>>
>>83630290
is this one going on reddit or is it too far over the line
>>
>>83632393
Makin wouldn't dare
>>
File: 1351547571315.gif (103 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1351547571315.gif
103 KB, 600x476
>>
>>83632363
>g-guys pls accept Davekat

We are the only dumb fucking retards who don't tolerate Davekat while everyone else eats that shit up. That says alot how Hussie can get away with every bullshit.

It gives me fucking 'Nam flashbacks with MeenVris.
>>
>>83632365
oops
>>
read this passage
dave never felt like a human being before he spent time on the meteor.
guess who wasnt on the meteor? jade
guess who was on the meteor and spent the most time with dave? karkat

she didnt do much for him aside from adding one pixel to his mouth once.
>>
>>83632454
In my experience a lot of people hate Davekat, a lot of the art team hates Davekat.
>>
>>83632477
If he's a human then why does he have an arc?
>>
>>83632477
All this says is that the primary reason for him relaxing is being out from under Bro's influence.
The fact that he's able to relax and act like a human being (which we actually SEE him doing, instead of him telling us he was) around Jade speaks volumes.
>>
File: incoming boner.jpg (92 KB, 400x489) Image search: [Google]
incoming boner.jpg
92 KB, 400x489
>>83630478
someone please
>>
>>83630378
You actually need 24 pairs to be completely risk free
>>
>>83632477
My god you've so expertly missed the point of that excerpt that I'd have to imagine you're intentionally trying to. All that passage says is that once Dave was away from Bro's influence he started to understand how weird his upbringing was. That's it, that's what it's saying. Trying to will your own interpretation onto it with no support in the text itself is just stupid.
>>
>>83632506
That's the worst thing about all this, Hussie's always been bad with telling rather than showing, but post-retcon brought it up to awful levels. Dave's old development was always largely better about that.
Davekat is all the characters standing around telling us its good without giving us a visible reason to believe it.
>>
>>83631776
Johnroxy and Rosemary does nothing

Davekat ruins both characters
>>
File: Vriska tits DEEP.png (4 MB, 1280x1517) Image search: [Google]
Vriska tits DEEP.png
4 MB, 1280x1517
>>83632477
THE BAIT
IS GOING
>>
>>83632570
It gives us the opposite of a reason to believe it, when we were just shown a few pages back how well they worked as antagonistic friends.
>>
File: HARDBASSDROP.gif (6 KB, 352x97) Image search: [Google]
HARDBASSDROP.gif
6 KB, 352x97
Why did Kanaya continue to be interested in Rose after she got addicted to alcohol? Evidently, it got in the way of their relationship, such as when Rose forgot their date, so why did Kanaya continue to do it?
>>
>>83632363

so, perpetual dating without getting into a serious relationship? that seems strange and immature

>>83632477

that's a ridiculous set of statements to make and it's meta at the same time since bro was depicted as some kind of robot. a good combination of bad writing.
>>
>>83632625
I Am Desperate
>>
>>83632570
John's thank you to Vriska will always stand out to me as the worst example of that in the comic. It's like Hussie was beating the reader over the head with the sentiment that 'Vriska's the good guy now, forget all that shit she did it's k now, John said so'
>>
>>83632625
She's into shitty destructive people
I mean, she was into Vriska
>>
File: 1356903240340.png (10 KB, 188x168) Image search: [Google]
1356903240340.png
10 KB, 188x168
>>
>>83632625
Because she cared for Rose, most importantly Rose as her normal self, hence her distaste for her inebriated state but her desire to stick around for Rose to deal with her issues. The whole situation is handled spectacularly poorly so it's understandable to find it all odd.
>>
>>83632625
what like real life?
>>
>>83630478
>>83630613
Holy shit someone due this and dedicate it to Tipsy
>>
>>83632711
Yeah, all those troll girls in the real world being accepting of their partner's seeming alcohol issues. Such a common thing, Hussie did a great job reflecting the reality of the situation.
>>
>>83632697
>>83632711
>>83632751
didn't kanaya kind of idolize rose from the faq she wrote?
>>
>>83632751
youre pretending to be this dumb right?
>>
>>83632733
but what about the edge
there is too much of it
>>
>>83632671
Am i the only one who thinks this looks like nepeta's about to give karkat a blowjob?
>>
Good thing trolls and humans can't produce offspring together
>>
>>83632671
YES
MORE
>>
>>83632733
who?
>>
>>83632834
Do I have to explicitly write down my intentions in my posts so you don't misinterpret them?

Well fuck you, learn to read beyond a basic level.
>>
File: 1457984133603.png (180 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1457984133603.png
180 KB, 1000x700
>>83632857
Yes, she's clearly going in for a tackle-pounce
>>
>>83632403
Does it have to be him who posts it, or could anyone do it?
>>
>>83632919
DONT EVEN THINK
>>
>>83632897
The person posting about davekat
>>83632840
What?
>>
>>83632827
I took it more as holding a great respect for the author, thinking them to be some fantastical high-blood likely inspired by all her romantic novels. It was a cute part of their dynamic how her fantasy was fueled and ultimately shattered, both by John and Rose's personage.

But I think you could rightly argue she idolized her too. Personal interpretation in the end.
>>
>>83632940
wwhats the wworst that could happen
>>
>>83631916
Well, no, not really.
>>
>>83632898
>my partner has terrible addictions/habits/traits
>its detrimental to the both of us
>i still love them though and will stay

happens all the time irl
>>
>>83632035
What? Also, impossible. Calliope is incapable of love.
>>
Reminder that Homestuck not only used to update every day, but multiple times a day, and that this was a key component of Homestuck culture that was the definitive element of Homestuck. There are people who have read this entire comic without being aware that this was how things used to be.
>>
>>83633051
Rainbow-drinking teenagers however do not. Which is the point of the satirical post you somehow seem to have missed, which is impressively bad on your part.
>>
File: 1355799418495.png (14 KB, 498x354) Image search: [Google]
1355799418495.png
14 KB, 498x354
>>
I just want Vriska to devour Karkat and then fuck Terezi as hard as she can.

And then become leader of trollkind.
>>
>>83633305
yeah well i want you to stop making these shitty posts
>>
>>83633155
my bad then
usually a reply like that would be mocking
>>
So what is the latest news on Hiveswap?
>>
>>83633127
>it was actually reasonable to live and breathe the comic because it could update at any time and there was always something new to discuss
>people hadn't even fully analyzed one update before another one came
>that constant suspense and excitement
>it was almost impossible to lose interest or ragequit the comic because something completely different would come your way like a day later
I miss it so much
Hussie should've realized that the update schedule was what kept people from noticing the comic's flaws, since there was so much excitement and not enough time to really process anything before something else happened
He blew it with those pauses
>>
File: 280.png (279 KB, 1752x1235) Image search: [Google]
280.png
279 KB, 1752x1235
will dave take responsibility
>>
File: 1465427135525.png (7 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1465427135525.png
7 KB, 650x450
is this a nepeta?
>>
>>83633058
And humans are supposedly incapable of blackrom, yet here we are

Calliope's gross though I just want her brother to be shippable
>>
>>83633382
Yes
>>83633395
Yes
>>83633342
Yes
>>
>>83633342
Apparently the last of the big issues in development have been dealt with and they've just hired some more artists for something. Think one of the Devs did a Reddit AMA where the former point was brought up, the later was brought up in the threads yesterday when a draw anon revealed the offer of employment.
>>
>>83633382
>Dave and Jade have kids in the epilogue
>Dave sticks around to raise them
>Tumblr complains because Hussie has clearly sank the ability for Dave to be black
>>
File: 1459204554810.png (194 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1459204554810.png
194 KB, 500x700
>>83633395
No, silly. That's an Aradia in a cute hat.

Here's a Nepeta, so you don't get confused in future.
>>
I

LOVE

NEPETA
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/4nbxaz/impregnation_or_laceration_co_comics_and_cartoons/
i submitted it, not sure if it will be visible though
>>
Alright everyone it's that time of day: give me your classpect, personality and emotional issues, and some of your interests, and I'll come up with a land, quest, Denizen's, and consorts for you.
>>
File: jade deblacks dave.png (30 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
jade deblacks dave.png
30 KB, 540x810
>>83633652
Shoulda posted this one as well
Though it probably isn't as triggering
>>
>>83633652
not clicking
>>
>>83633659
Actually I'm really interested in knowing your process for denizen assignment
>>
>>83633652
DELET IT
>>
File: 1371748247631.jpg (152 KB, 750x650) Image search: [Google]
1371748247631.jpg
152 KB, 750x650
>>
>>83633652
Do you want more redditors to come here?
>>
>>83633652
God dammit you asshole, we've already got one pissy davekat redditor in these threads, don't bring more.
>>
>>83633652
Whew im not seeing it anymore so they probably deleted it thank god
>>
>>83633671
I think this one is actually more triggering
>>
>>83633659
>Classpect
Mage of Mind

>Personality
Extremes as per situation.
Very structured or not structured at all. Very chatty or rather composed. Extreme passion or barely any interest.

>Flaws
I absolutely crumple if I can't meet up to the standards I set for myself, ironically, making it even harder to fix whatever has made me unable to meet them.

>Interests
I am interested in writing, fencing and vinyl records.
>>
>>83633689
The process goes sort of like this:

First, look at the persons personality issues. If they have trouble being decisive, they'll have to lead an army. If they have time management issues, they'll have a time-limit bound quest. Etc.

With that, I put it in a blender with their class and interests and come up with something vaguely related to all three. Lords get a very physically taxing and tedious quest. Muses get quests and planets that are intensely psychologically harmful.

Finally, I have a theme for the planet: then I try to find a denizen to match the theme. A planet all about paint rivers and hallucinations has Apollo. A cold ocean has Himalat. Etc
>>
>>83633848
Not to reddit
>>
C'mon guys reddits reactions to our comics are hilarious
>>
File: aradia says hi.png (5 KB, 280x308) Image search: [Google]
aradia says hi.png
5 KB, 280x308
show me your cute fantrolls, hst
>>
>>83633893
>tfw on my phone and not my computer so can't post mine

Do you have any fantrolls, xamag?
>>
File: thomas engine.png (365 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
thomas engine.png
365 KB, 500x569
>>83633893
>>
>>83633893
I don't have one
But I wish I did
SO im going to make one and draw it in paint and produce the shittiest creation of my life
THANK YOU, for making me realise my dreams
>>
i already paid ten thousand dollars to have my fantroll in the comic for one page
>>
>>83633888
they are but then they lure in people like tipsy and that's why half of this thread was a davekat debate
>>
>>83633932
>sGrubs 17
>>
File: pose as a team2.png (26 KB, 830x773) Image search: [Google]
pose as a team2.png
26 KB, 830x773
>>83633922
naw
i only designed pic related for someone, ages ago

>>83633932
thomas is not cute, he's terrifying

>>83633935
you go, anon
>>
>>83633990
>thomas is not cute, he's terrifying

never said he was cute
>>
>>83633893
i have an idea for one but i'll never expand on it or even draw it
>>
>>83633990
Nothing beats using a lot of time and thought on something entirely useless and shit as a fantroll while you have an exam tomorrow morning and haven't studied at all
>>
>>83633998
but i asked for cute fantrolls, anon

>>83634033
tell me
>>
>>83633893
are you going to steal them for hiveswap
>>
Question, are there any male jadebloods or is that an all-female caste?
>>
>>83634081
I think Porrim said it was an all-female caste
>>
File: meeem.png (63 KB, 535x508) Image search: [Google]
meeem.png
63 KB, 535x508
>>83633893
>>
>>83634081
There are male jadebloods, but they're a rarity. Source: Porrim's walls o' text
>>
>>83634069
no, i'm gonna drawhore for a while
good idea though
>>
File: wip stuff.png (129 KB, 1440x870) Image search: [Google]
wip stuff.png
129 KB, 1440x870
Getting closer with dynamically converting that excel classpect test to a web page - it's spitting out results but there's still something not right because they're different to the result on the spreadsheet proper.

Pic is the comparison for all values at zero - I haven't actually made any UI to tweak the values in the web version yet.

At least once this is done it shouldn't need to be redone if/when the test is updated.
>>
>>83634113
How do you get Lord, anyway? I never did, at any mood I was in when I took the test, and I feel slighted.
>>
>>83634105
>>83634097
Yeah, I thought I remembered something about all female jadebloods but I wasn't sure if that was only the Auxiliatrixes or something
>>
>>83634140
Jade and purple are either all female and all male, or they both have a few males, or only one of them has a few males. I don't remember, but one of these things is true.
>>
>>83633893
i drew my friends and i as trolls if that count
>>
>>83634166
*or they both have a few males/a few females
>>
>>83634065
he's blue blood probably, and also a surgeon, but the kind of surgeon you'd call "sawbones"
sometimes his patients come out of surgery with a robotic arm replacement and some excuse as to why it's gone, or some inconsequential organs missing
he also makes amazing chili and it's hardly a secret how those two facts relate but nobody ever brings it up
>>
>>83634139
I have no fucking clue how the spreadsheet actually works - I'm just trying to convert the formulae to javascript and calculate the values as the source sheet does.

Doing it that way means that if the spreadsheet is updated I can just throw the new file in there and it'll work right off the bat. I haven't actually looked at what the sheet does in any great detail.
>>
>>83634300
Oh, well, thanks for doing this.

I don't suppose whoever made this test is around?
>>
File: Fantroll egyptian throne.png (39 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fantroll egyptian throne.png
39 KB, 500x1000
>>83634065
I hope Steel doesn't mind me posting his fantrolls
>>
File: Fantroll egyptian lying.png (112 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Fantroll egyptian lying.png
112 KB, 500x500
>>83634329
>>
why do people keep on saying homestuck sucks now?
because it ended with everything getting vacuumed into a black hole

that has been your awful joke for the day
>>
>>83633856
Land of Records and Pickets
Your land is a barren Savannah crisscrossed by black vinyl roads that curve and branch very often, bordered by white picket fences. Your Consorts, the Flamingos, are very chatty and always have something to do. There's so much to do, in fact, that it's humanly impossible to fill all their requests to a satisfactory degree before the Reckoning. In fact, the more you complete, the weaker and more reasonable your Denizen, Fenrir, will get, to encourage you to do the barest minimum.
>>
File: Fantrolls decadent.png (78 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Fantrolls decadent.png
78 KB, 800x800
>>83634338
>>
File: thetannontransparent.png (10 KB, 305x287) Image search: [Google]
thetannontransparent.png
10 KB, 305x287
>>83633893
lowbloods ww@
>>
>>83634348
Here's my awful joke for the day:

www.mspaintadventures.com
>>
>>83634065
my fantroll is a grub handler at a grub sauce factory

i imagine that the grubs used for grub sauce are about the size and equivalent of earth cows

he squeegees up grub slime and shit all day and hates his job, but thinks hard work is key to getting past the limitations of his bloodcaste
so he's a sycophant when it comes to the higher castes

his name is Jahldo
>>
File: sahtii.png (228 KB, 504x846) Image search: [Google]
sahtii.png
228 KB, 504x846
>>83634065
draw angel's, i love her
>>
File: Fantroll cloun full.png (103 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Fantroll cloun full.png
103 KB, 800x800
>>83634354
>>
File: Fantroll egyptian sketches 1.png (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Fantroll egyptian sketches 1.png
70 KB, 800x600
>>83634434
Spoilered for 100d
>>
File: 1365500535163.png (192 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
1365500535163.png
192 KB, 500x401
>>
>>83634455
Steel is actually REALLY good at art
wonder what his art would look like if not in mspaint
>>
John paints the end of his dick to look like the clown face attached to the Warhammer of Zillyhoo, and chants "Warhammer of Zillyhoo" like in the song whenever he whips it out.
>>
File: fantroll1.png (3 KB, 206x340) Image search: [Google]
fantroll1.png
3 KB, 206x340
>>83634104
i love that her sign looks like a russian "Я", so she's basically wearing a shirt with "ME" written on it
>>
File: Fantroll egyptian sketches 2.png (36 KB, 1000x510) Image search: [Google]
Fantroll egyptian sketches 2.png
36 KB, 1000x510
>>83634500
huh, for some reason pic didn't load
>>
>>83634504
that's great

the art too
>>
>>83634233
>>83634391
byotiful
>>
>>83634352
That's very cool man. Thanks for taking the time. I love it.
>>
>>83634586
Also, because I do actually know that fencing isn't related to fences (for some reason), Fenrir is also a master swordsman 8^y
>>
>>83634065
Latest Lelest

conscientious teal who is always perfectly on time. always assumed late regardless. has two horns that start on sides of her head and come together to form a spiral/pillar/column above her head and a perpetually irked expression. just wants to do her job except nobody will trust her with anything. Likes tea and long skirts and pseudonyms. Has reluctantly become involved in the tolerated alternian criminal underworld since that's the only place that pseudonyms are accepted.

i just like silly names and stupid horns is all.
>>
>>83633774
I'm not gonna delete it, it doesn't break any rules or anything.
>>
File: 01071.gif (26 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
01071.gif
26 KB, 650x450
Aside from some endgame stuff, I think Dave actually had one of the better, more complete character arcs. Him coming around to a deeper understanding of his ironic bullshit and loving it for the silly bullshit it was, getting over his own inferiority complex, and his relationship with Dirk were all really great. Say what you will about his revelations on Bro (i personally feel like he should have landed on more of a middle ground) but what he came to was a completely valid view of events, especially if you imagine the reality of all the kids' situations. There was a lot of shit going on, but Dave had the most violent home life by far, and emotional detachment on par with (and worse than, imo) Rose. Davekat can fuck off, but I do like their relationship. It could have been depicted as more "playfully antagonistic but really care abt eachother" towards the end instead of ambiguously romantic, though.

It's not perfect, not by a long shot, but he got shafted FAR less on his arc than other characters. Fuck Hussie's "people don't have arcs" shit. Yes they do. That's literally what personal development is. It's an unending journey, sure, but there are defining waypoints in it. I felt like Dave got that. Maybe he didn't develop into quite the person we thought he would, but his development still felt organic and plausible.
>>
>>83634065
Büjorn Villid
Blue blood with simple straight pointed horns that went backwards. Burnt out his PK when he was six sweeps old trying to impress someone and his personality 180'd as a result. He's very quiet and unassuming and anxious as long as you go along with everything he says, but the second you disagree he whips out an axe and starts screaming at you loud enough to shake the room. Kind of like Patrick Bateman in that he has a lot of money and goods to toss around, and also that minor slights make him go on destructive (self and otherwise) tantrum rages. Wears lots of suits.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 156

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.