[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else find him putting people in walls and floors while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: 3e3e3.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3e3e3.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else find him putting people in walls and floors while they're still alive horrifying?

Jesus christ, just let Magneto finish me.
>>
>>83625926
Nothing cat can't do already.
>>
>>83625926
He's a villain who doesn't pull punches. A trait that separates a Western Villian from an Eastern.
>>
He kind of went easy on Scott for some reason
>>
>>83626078
This
>>
>>83626130
scott is his child
>>
>>83625926
delete this
>>
>>83625926

I still don't quite understand what he's doing. Is he merging them with the walls (in that case, they should be instantly killed like the first guy appeared to be) or do he just displace the matter and they're trapped and suffocate like if you buried someone.

And yes, I was occasionally zoning out through parts of the movie. I've heard I'm not the only one.
>>
>>83625926
TAKE THIS DOWN NOW
>>
>>83626186
>First guy
the guy who was mad at storm for stealing?

His eyes were literally looking everywhere as he was in the wall.
He was alive, and they wanted you to see that.
>>
>>83626222
I for one welcome the sight of someone choking that bitch the fuck out.
>>
>Mystique spends 95% of the movie as literally just Jenifer Lawrence
why
>>
>>83626222
I never understood this argument. He's a villain, the whole point of villains is to be evil. By showing you how evil he is, you want to see him being defeated.

Even if you have trauma, the image shouldn't be that big of a danger for you to look at right?

Reminds me of the one christian guy I met who hated the game Diablo.
>>
>>83626233

Oh, OK. So....all he's doing is just putting you in a wall. Why is OP so freaked out about it? You just wait until someone comes along and chisels you out of it. Big deal. Kind of a lame superpower. I'd be far more scared of Wolverine claws (but being stabbed is a phobia of mine).
>>
>>83626315
Because wearing the makeup is hard
>>
>>83626078
Are there any examples of this? Most villains in general usually dick around with the protagonist when they first meet, otherwise the story would be over in the first act.
>>
>>83626378
They don't even do the make up for her she literally refused to do it
>>
>>83626153
But Scott's dad is a 70's space pirate.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>83625926
Put them IN walls you say?
>>
>>83626078
It's Apocalypse, it would be out of character to pull any punches.

Except when he could have disintegrated Quicksilver but decided to just break his leg instead.
>>
>>83626315
>95% of the scenes involve Mystique
>she takes on the leadership role of the X-men for some reason
>that last cringeworthy pep talk she gives them

Fucking why. Every scene she was in took me out of the movie, such as it was.. She feels so out of place in these movies.

Also mystique is a shitty character
>>
>>83627289
Least she used to be hot

Now she doesn't even have that
>>
>>83626374
Because just like breaking quicksilver's legs when he instead could have killed him, he went for something that is far more prolonged, horrifying and psychologically traumatic.
Let's put it this way, would you rather be shot in the head or drown until you're almost dead , allowed to catch you're breathe, then repeated until death
>>
>>83625926
Was that poster really offensive?
>>
>>83629219
Not really, unless you are a bored tumblr user suffering from internalized self hatred & depression which you have to let out by raging about every little thing.

Personally, I believe it's a clever marketing ploy to get SJWs upset and make more people talk about the film, thus going to watch it to see what all the fuss is about and giving Fox more money.
>>
>>83629219

No. But maybe some people could jack off to it? Maybe they thought some people could find a naked woman getting choked sexy and that's why it was chosen as a poster? I don't know I'm a bit baffled by both the choice and the response.
>>
>>83626315
>if Mystique can look like anyone why would she look like Jennifer Lawrence?
>>
This movie was dark as hell, even by Fox standards.

I'm honestly a little surprised that it got the PG-13 rating.
>>
>>83629219
no, but pretending to offended is an easy way to get your clickbait journalism noticed
>>
>>83626329
It wasnt an argument anon. nobody argued it. they just said it was wrong and fox agreed.
>>
>>83625926
This movie like dofp has some brutal deaths
Like that dude at the beginning getting crushed into a cube like shape...fuck
I'm so used to kid friendly violence thanks to MCU that I forgot how exciting superhero violence can be.
Seeing wolverine kill so much was amazing, he never uses those fucking claws for what they are meant for, the most memorable seen with his claws is the famous x2 scene with the fridge impaled soldier, so it was nice to see him go berserk like he should, maybe they did learn something from deadpool, hopefully they don't over do it in old man Logan, well balanced.
>>
>>83626186
I think that's what makes it so horrifying, the fact that you're not certain if its merging or just being covered in it.
Quicksilver was definitely covered not merged but that first dude looked like he was fused with the wall, like he's part of that wall on a genetic level, cause you can see he's still alive when he moves his eyes.
>>
>>83626315
Forcing women mutants to use their powers is literal rape.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>83626315
Muhwagegap
The worse part about it is how they keep bringing it up.
>>
>>83625926
He also beheads a bunch of humans using the sand off a building

People call him a jobber here but I feel it's exaggerated as he only jobs to Phoenix+Everybody else holding him in place.
>>
>>83631306
This is pretty much the big reason I would just use to get a different actress if the current one is bitchy. Mistique can look like wheoever she wants. She's pretty much THE character to replace the actor no problem.
>>
Okay, jlaw, now I want you to ACT.

You need to sell it because this is going to be in every lunch box, billboards, commercials, cereal boxes, everywhere, this is the money shot.
>>
>>83629219
Showing the villain choking a woman isn't the best way to advertise a movie. It's fine to have that scene in the movie itself, but to put that image on a billboard is weird. It doesn't exactly entice people to see the movie.
>>
>>83626329
>he's a villain!
Not only that but the last thing apocalypse cares about is being above women and putting them down, he wants to rule the world, he doesn't give a shit about feminism. He even brings it up multiple times that he doesn't like all the rules that are being put on this world and he's going to bring it all down and from its ashes build "A bettah Juan"
Not to mention he super saiyaned two female muties and stopped one from being implied raped.
>>
>Magneto kills at least several hundred thousand people with his powers
>lol all is forgiven because he had a change of hearth and helped rebuild the school

that was so jarring
also did the world conveniently forget that he killed the president?
>>
File: x-men-apocalypse.jpg (108 KB, 692x992) Image search: [Google]
x-men-apocalypse.jpg
108 KB, 692x992
>>83632270
All the more reason a Pussified world needs Apocalypse.
Only the strong will survive.
>>
Why was Jubilee cut for more of this ugly whore?
>>
>>83632336
Killed who?
>>
>>83626078

huh?
>>
>>83632416
Olivia munn or jlaw?
>>
>>83632427
we start with the police that were just following orders.
>>
>>83632336
But he didn't kill Jay Effkay, he was trying to save him because he was a mutant.
>>
>>83631941
Nothing stacks up to the mansion scene in x2 for me. Just cos its such a great contrast. I mean the fridge guy happens as he's having a jokey little conversation with bobby...essentially little more than a kid. And boom suddenly that rage comes out with that kid right there. Then wolverine just goes on this berserker tear through a fucking school. It was such a well portrayed example of what makes wolverine cool. The edgy element if him not quiye belonging among civilized people despite his heart being in the right place.

Also does anyone else think the weapon x scene woukda been better with the red visor on. So you don't see his eyes and he's almost like this mindless killing machine until jean reaches out to him with her psychic turkey neck and calms his mind ad takes it off revealing he's a human being.
Feel like it was a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>83632448
Both.
Jlaw.
>>
Is the power boost from Apocalypse permanent?
If yes, Xavier and Magneto is broken as fuck in this case.
>>
>>83632336
For killing JFK he was imprisoned under the Pentagon.
For escaping/the events of DOFP he was wanted by the rest of the world.
Then Apocalypse happens.

So all this stuff is handwaved away because it's reported by Moira/other reports that he saved the world from Apocalypse.

And the public has no idea what actually happened when that metal started to gather so they will assume he gathered all of it to defeat Apocalypse and succeeded.

It sort of works but I would have preferred him to turn himself in/fix the damage he inflicted around the world.
>>
File: Weapon-X.jpg (128 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
Weapon-X.jpg
128 KB, 770x442
>>83632501
Fox wasted money on that prop and they damn well are going to make the most of it!

Joking aside, I agree. Still better than nothing, im surprised they even thought of adding it at all, it was always him naked and bloody and that's it.
Also he's in the snow still with it in the comic so maybe that's why they kept it, improbably giving them to much credit on that last one.
>>
>>83632416
because Jlaw carries the movie like she did for the last one
>>
>>83632542
Maybe it wears off over time or as they get older but the physical changes stay, like the missing hair or hair turning white.
Or they just chooses not to use that ammount of power for moral reason unless its absolutely necessary or because they don't want to use that power that was given to them by apocalypse.
>>
>>83632731
She's an ugly slut who brings nothing to the movies.
>>
>>83631941
In Cap 1 a guy got red misted by the rotor of a Nazi copter.

I think that was before the Mouse took his throne though.
>>
>>83632731
She's tuned out 99.9% of the time, like she doesn't care about the film, I don't understand why they didn't killed her off now that her contract is over and its a new timeline, they had the perfect moment to kill her with apocalypse on that choking scene and turn her Death as a powerful motivator for magneto and the xmen, like become a martyr, or just something more useful then her acting all disinterested and complaining or making things worse like the last film.

On a side not, So pissed that Rose's character was the one that fucked everything up
>>
>>83632416
I dunno blame that on Stryker.

She's in the crowd when Stryker shows up and once they're all knocked out, he never picks her.
Meanwhile Kurt, Scott and Jean are hiding near the wreckage and you know the rest.

The Mall scenes should not have been cut for more scenes with Mystique and Beast romance.
>>
>>83632731
She did not carry this movie at all.
>>
>>83631941
Dude yes.

That and the fact that you could hear his bones breaking was brutal. Plus Archangel's fucking ribs breaking and popping through the skin was pretty nasty.
>>
>>83632759
so does magneto have morals again or what?
>>
>>83632812
>I think that was before the Mouse took his throne though.
Disney bought Marvel well before Iron Man 1. The reason they established Marvel Studios is because of Disney giving Marvel the money to do it.
>>
>>83632812
In Cap 2, Winter Soldier kicked a guy into a jet turbine
>>
>>83633136

Doesn't matter. The contract she signed for the Xmen movies to was before she got big on Hunger Games. Fox has her locked down for these movies for a fraction of what it would cost to hire her again right now, and she has enough current fame to headline movies.

They won't drop her until that contract is so used up you can't even wipe your nose with it. For her box office appeal, they have her for a little more than a song.

Thats why she is intentionally putting in the shittiest performance of her life. If Fox insists on giving her the short end of the stick, she will be in their movies. But nowhere in the contract does it say she has to be any good in them.

Its unprofessional as fuck, but everyone involved is being petty shits about it.
>>
You know what?

Provided those rumors of the deleted scenes are true you could Phantom Edit this movie and it would be so much better.

>>83632924
Yeah sacrificing Mystique would have been better for the movie.

Storm and Magneto have better reasons to switch sides and Apocalypse gets to kill one of the major members of the FC cast making him more of a threat.

Mystique herself is again seen as a hero and dies as a hero, Beast and Charles start up the X-men proper and Beast gives them the speech instead of her.

Raven in a way influences the future once again and It's not like she and Magneto show up in the DOFP future scene anyway.

I'll give Singer/Kinberg a pass on some things but I feel like this one was 100% their fault.
>>
>>83633373
Magneto switched sides because he saw the Blackbird go down and thought Charles was in it, so he thought he lost his best, onlyest and gayest friend. Then he intervenes when Apocalypse actually tries to kill him because he woke the fuck up
>>
>>83633486
But he was fine with Apocalypse taking Xavier's powers/mind/body?
>>
>>83633539
It kind of makes sense if you consider that he wouldn't feel loss until xavier was actually gone

that was my interpretation of the scene desu
>>
>>83626329
It's less the act and more her face and reaction. I can see why they would find it upsetting-she's not angry/determined/heroic in this at all, she's a scared little girl getting choked out by a big, uncaring man.

I think outrage culture is ridiculous and stupid and feminism is cancer and all that good stuff but...come on. At least have her be heroically struggling or clawing at his eyes or something. He can still look as badass and nonplussed as he does but don't make her so passive and helpless
>>
>>83626315
Jennifer Lawrence is one of the highest grossing actresses in Hollywood. She's an A-list star whose name people recognize and will bring people in to see the movie.
>>
>>83634030
Didn't happen with this movie, did it?
>>
>>83634100
There was incredibly little hype for it compared to CW or Deadpool, and everyone (to me) seemed to be under the impression that it looked stupid once the trailers started coming out. Very little momentum, very little media presence.
>>
>>83632427
Killed.. uh... uhm, d'you know, I can't really remember what I was going to say... uh...
Who are you again?
>>
>>83633987
She's supposed to be beaten down and not even have the strength to attempt to surmount the gargantuan odds against her

Mystique is basically the face of the movie, the other X-Men are fresh faces and him going after Magneto doesn't make sense. I guess you could argue that he could be holding up Charles instead
>>
>>83632766
What is taste?
Does it differ?
Is it subjective?
>>
>>83634184
What media presence it had still had Jennifer Lawrence front and center.
>>
>>83634206
You misunderstand. The problem isn't that it's HER. The problem is how she's depicted. She's not fighting, she's not angry, she's not ferocious. She's utterly helpless.

I think people wouldn't be mad at all if she were putting up some kind of resistance, EVEN IF it were totally futile. She straight up looks like a scared child being strangled by some roided up grey mongoloid.
>>
>>83635763
>>83634206
To expand on that, there is no reason to depict her like this. Yeah, he looks scary and intimidating, but he would look just as, if not MORE, scary and intimidating, if he were just as cool and uncaring as she struggles and fights. In your mind, you'd be thinking, 'damn, this guy is strong if he's not even flinching as this strong character tries to get away from him.'
As it is, you look at it and think 'damn, he's just strangling some little blue girl'. It makes me want to help and protect her desu.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.