[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't read comics for quite a few years but the X-Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: xmen90s.jpg (78 KB, 514x326) Image search: [Google]
xmen90s.jpg
78 KB, 514x326
I haven't read comics for quite a few years but the X-Men were among my favourites - I stopped during Jason Aaron's arc.

What is this I hear about the Marvel stopping the publishing of X-Men and focusing on the Inhumans? Is this real or just /co/ hyperbole? If it's real, what is the in universe reason for it? What's the last thing that happened to the X-Men?
>>
bumpety bump
>>
c'mon guys
>>
>>83600318
It's real. Mutants are gassed like Jews.
>>
>>83600318
Terrigen bomb makes a ton of new Inhumans and gives X-Men mutant cancer
>>
>>83601435
What separates Inhumans from mutants? Are there no X-books at the moment or are Marvel phasing them out?
>>
Disney is butthurt that Fox won't give them back the rights to Xmen, that's the only reason

Fox are doing a better job with Xmen anyway, Deadpool would have been a PG13 kiddie flick with Disney
>>
>>83601474
Inhumans are complete garbage
X-Men were / are #1 comic book

Also, I see that you're interested in inhumemes shilling, so fuck off
>>
>>83600318
Honestly, it's probably some sort of editorial mandate given that Disney don't have the X-Men films rights and are instead using Inhumans as mutant stand-ins. However, Disney have removed the film from their phase 4 plans, so that's all up in the air right now.
In-universe, Black Bolt dropped terrigen mist bombs on Earth during the Infinity crossover (something to do with Thanos' son Thane), turning humans with dormant inhuman genes into Inhumans but slowly poisoning people with X-genes. As a result, most of the X-Men moved to a section of Limbo protected from demons by Mail, while a few (Beast, Rogue, inverted good Sabertooth and the Uncanny X-Men among others) stayed on Earth. We're getting a "Death of X" event soon, but details about that are very vague at the moment.
Also, Cyclops is "dead," 616 Logan is dead and he's been replaced by X-23 and Old Man Logan from 2015 Secret Wars' Battleworld.
>>
>>83601474
>What separates Inhumans from mutants?
Aside from movie rights? Inhumans are created by Kree, mutants by Celestials.
> Are there no X-books at the moment or are Marvel phasing them out?
Three team books that are shit, two Wolverine solos I think are shit, bunch of Deadpool books I don't read.
>>
>>83600318
Professor X was killed by the Phoenix Force in AvX too.
Bendis had a long tenure in the X-Men after that and it was pretty shitty. He killed off Dark Beast and brought the Original 5 X-Men into the present from the past. Because of him, Iceman is gay now.
>>
>>83601509
I honestly don't know what the Inhumans are.

>>83601532
All that sounds kind of shit, was it done good?

>>83601551
>Inhumans are created by Kree, mutants by Celestials.

That's all? They're just mutants with a different name?

>>83601569
What the fuck has happened to Marvel.
>>
File: SW 01 01.jpg (120 KB, 642x975) Image search: [Google]
SW 01 01.jpg
120 KB, 642x975
>>83601604
>They're just mutants with a different name?
yes, pic related
>>
>>83601604
>That's all? They're just mutants with a different name?
Yep. Mutants are higher on specie chain, but overall it's same shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.