[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the cartoon board like a show with awful animation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Why does the cartoon board like a show with awful animation?
>>
>>83595234

You think /co/ likes this? As an entity we don't like a single thing in the whole world, let alone this show which is spammed more than Steven Universe these days. Tripfags run rampant in every thread and it's pretty much the definition of 'waifu the show' in western animation.

I personally think it's a good show though, and I love the art. Reminds me of comics like Garfield.
>>
Since it's becoming Nick's highest-rated cartoon, it's either that good or Nick has been that bad lately. It may just be that the masses are crying for anything fresh that isn't Spongebob or Fairly Old Babby.
>>
>>83595234
Cartoons have terrible animation in general. Only a few exceptions break the trend.
>>
File: Lola mad 3.png (254 KB, 1167x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lola mad 3.png
254 KB, 1167x1080
So you think the animation is awful? That's okaaaay...
>>
>>83595350
It might be a little of both. That or "the masses" have only been crying recently, seeing as Harvey Beaks, Sanjay and Craig, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, and Breadwinners didn't come close to getting attention.
>>
>>83595234
Shitter b8, m8
>>
>>83595234

Reminds me of that Lizzie Mcwhatever show.

I don't like it, it's kinda boring.
>>
The writing's better than a lot of garbage on TV these days (not all of it; I'd say that, on nick, Harvey Beaks is still better in terms of that), it's endearing, the art style isn't repulsive to everybody, and the sisters are written and designed such that everybody can have a favorite character.

I personally like it because the whole "1 boy, 10 girls" thing kinda resonates with me. My family has this bizarre thing where, up until 5 years ago, I was the only boy. I have to like Lincoln just for that reason. He's THE boy. For some weird reason, the Y chromosome just didn't pop up for a whole generation with the exception of me, so the whole "one boy surrounded by a million girls who are all his family" thing just hits me on a weird level of close-to-home. It's, again, endearing.
>>
File: fds (2).png (606 KB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
fds (2).png
606 KB, 1280x690
>>83595350
>Nick has been that bad latel
>nick
Not just them - all 3 major toon networks
>>
>>83595836
Will you storytime some childhood curiosity and exploration stories?
>>
>>83595836

Nobody gives a shit about your totally wacky family how this cartoon helps you write your blog.
>>
>>83595865
Breadwinners comes to mind. So does Sanjay and Craig. I know they get a lot of flak, that it isn't original to give them flak, and that they aren't wholly representative of a network or of cartoons these days, but still.

If you ask me, we're at least better of now than we were during that one godawful period of the 2000's when it seemed like everything that was on was crap. Lately, we've had GF, Harvey Beaks, The Loud House, and some other pretty decent stuff.

>>83595877
I didn't really do that with my relatives. That's really more of a thing you do with girl friends who aren't related. The whole shebang was actually really innocent to the extent that mutual baths were fine. Little girls think little boy dicks, with or without boners, are hilarious, not sexy. Most I can think of is some innocent playing with my junk at bathtime. There were some adorable little crushes and "I'm gonna marry anon!" but that's about it. Nothing really sexual.

Sorry to disappoint. You could probably find some Loud House r34 or fanfic if you need to jerk it to this specific theme.

>>83595987
I mean, Mr. Dubs clearly cares. Yeah, I noticed those sevens.
>>
Better writing than most cartoons right now.

No SJW Tumblr like Steven Universe

Better jokes than Gravity Falls.
>>
>>83596373
>If you ask me, we're at least better of now than we were during that one godawful period of the 2000's when it seemed like everything that was on was crap
2002-06? Yes, that was a low point for CN but Nick was still decent at that time.
>>
>>83596411
>no sjw

Doesn't the black guy have gay dads?
>>
>>83595234
Because /co/ is desperate for sex and entertainment. A lot of popular shows have wound down or gotten axed, so they need something to fill the hole. Loud House came at a perfect time, it's loaded with human females and its just barely good enough to call watchable

Anyone trying to claim it's anything better than okay is delusional, though, and there's a handful of better shows on currently
>>
>>83597396
>Anyone trying to claim it's anything better than okay is delusional, though
Of course there's always room for improvement in any show.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 364x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 364x404
>>83596373
>Most I can think of is some innocent playing with my junk at bathtime.
>>
>>83597419
It is better than most stuff out there so by definition it is above the average. Maybe the stuff out there is just bad but even if you take a wider time period to compare older times also had lots of terrible stuff so the average line won't change that much.
>>
>>83595234
Because it ain't anime?
>>
(you)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.