[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about this character that makes her so offputting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Image1.png (208 KB, 376x480) Image search: [Google]
Image1.png
208 KB, 376x480
What is it about this character that makes her so offputting? They clearly tried to make her cute, as that's her shtick, but her face just doesn't look right at all to me.
>>
File: PNxTfl2.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PNxTfl2.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
It's Dulcinea from the Puss in Boots cartoon.
>>
>>83579242
Her eyes look they are white balls with color painted on.
Other than that I would definitely hug this cat.
That little tfut of hair she has is cute.
>>
>>83579364
I don't know how to put my problems to words, but it's... her cheek bones, maybe? And the way her snout is outlines in her fur. Her facial structure just seems wrong.
>>
>>83579456
She has a weird shape to her head I'll give you that. Her eyes seems to be sunken into her face and the fur definition around her features gives her a strange look.
>>
>>
>>83579786
>real cat dancing with cartoon cat
There's your problem.
>>
>>83579786
God that looks shitty, if they do a spin off show I really wish they'd use stylized 2D animation, the 3D is never going to look as good as it did in the film and it's just off putting.
>>
>>83579786
I didn't really know what OP was talking about just from those two stills, but seeing it in motion, holy shit... That's hideous.

The head is misshapen. She's lacking mass in the back of her head, which is made all the more obvious by the the huge curve of her forehead. It looks like someone half-squished it... or they focused way too much on the model form a frontal view, and totally forgot that other angles exist and they should've construed the rest of the head better.

The torso looks okay, but then you go down to the feet -- why are they so tiny? It's like watching a human who put on a furry cat mask. It's just... the silhouette isn't "anthropomorphic cat" like Kitty Softpaws was, it's flat out "yeah, this is a human model", which makes her huge eyes stand out more as badly proportioned. And it's just so glaringly obvious when she stands next to Puss, who goes have "this is a cat" proportions.

It's kind of disturbing, actually.
>>
File: 1449892403942.webm (3 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
1449892403942.webm
3 MB, 1080x607
>>
Season three when?
>>
The problem is more with how inconsistent she and the orphans look compared to the rest of the more realistic Shrek characters.

Compare this to King Julien, where all the OCs at least resemble the Madagascar art style and actually fit in nicely.
>>
>>83579222
same as most cgi, the facial features are arranged terrifically wrong, some parts warp a lot when they shouldnt, others warp very little when they should.
>>
>>83582114
maybe in July.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.