[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“From the moment I began working with them, the Vertigo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (308 KB, 590x488) Image search: [Google]
file.png
308 KB, 590x488
>“From the moment I began working with them, the Vertigo and DC teams have treated me like family, so teaming up with them was an easy and obvious decision for me,” explains Gerads. “I’m really looking forward to my future with the company,” and am incredibly proud of THE SHERIFF OF BABYLON; Tom and I are excited to work on a book that feels so important and Vertigo has given us a chance to really say something, and say it all. I’m right where I should be.”

Nice to be a DC fan.
>>
Holy shit that's like word for word the exact same speech everyone gives when talking about the projects they're working on.
>>
It's always better for creators to get this security than it is for fans to have them limited to a smaller pool of ideas, but good for him.
>>
Doesn't he trace?
>>
>>83572798
Not a huge fan or his art, he's not bad or anything, he's fairly good but he's no huge signing. Tom King has said he's a super nice guy and that he's been receiving little presents from him and stuff so I hope this means DC is confident in Sheriff of Babylon and it'll run for 60 issues. It's one of the very best comics being published right now.
>>
>>83572874
I remember when I made that speech. Boy do I regret it.
>>
>>83572874
Well, it hits all the bases you'd want to say. It's possible these people all get advised to say basically those things.
>>
Glad to see DC is locking up their talents. I fucking loss it when I heard Soule and Lemire became Marvel Exclusive (Even more when their output there is much fucking worse, well I guess Moon Knight is appreciable but literally all of what Soule shat out there has been "eh")
>>
>>83572917
Didn't King say a while ago that Sheriff was greenlit for a second volume already? And they bumped it from 8 to 12 issues
>>
>>83572944
Daredevil has been pretty good.
>>
>>83572944
I wonder if Soule wishes he hadn't signed with Marvel, he'd said both DC and Marvel wanted an exclusive with him
>>
Not as cool as if they signed John Paul Leon but I do love the interior artwork in Sheriff of Babylon as well. Great stuff.
>>
>>83572944
Soule and Lemire signed with Marvel because DC left for California
>>
>>83572955
Yeah. But the second volume can always be stealth cancelled or there could be no more volumes after the second one. And King has stated overall he'd like Sherrif to be aroudn 60 issues and that's what he's planned for.
>>
>>83572955
Yeah a "second season" has been confirmed and if sales go well then they might end up doing 60 issues. I urge everyone to at least buy the trade that's out next month I believe.
>>
>>83572944
>literally all of what Soule shat out there has been "eh
His She-Hulk was pretty good. Ar was a little wonky but the run as a whole was still good
>>
>>83573030
What difference does that make? Writers don't need to live where the office is

Hell, I'm pretty sure Soule jogs with Scott Snyder and Snyder is DC exclusive
>>
>>83573005
>signing JPL to an exclusive
For what purpose? The man is insanely slow... He rarely does interior art anymore but he's going to be on Mother Panic anyway, so...
>>
>>83573030
That's not the reason at all. A writer can write a book anywhere. They just saw Marvel was making the mula, but didn't realize Rebirth was gonna come and kick ass in a few years.
>>
>>83573063
It really wasn't any good.
>>
>>83573030
pretty sure Lemire signed because Sorrentino left to do X-Men and since he didn't want to do GA without Sorrentino, he also went to Marvel
>>
>>83573145
>They just saw Marvel was making the mula
You reap what you sow.
>>
>>83573182
>Sorrentino left to do X-Men
Talk about being wasted.
>>
>>83573031
It's like the 4th bestselling Vertigo book. I don't know if there's value in cancelling it unless they get a new wave of books coming that they think will do better.
>>
>>83573145
>but didn't realize Rebirth was gonna come and kick ass
Reminder that the New 52 sold like hot cakes for a good while, but then Marvel pulled ahead once again.
>>
How will this news trigger Ales Kot?
>>
>>83573216
Plus they're both exclusive. I can see it going for quite a bit.
>>
>>83573182
Excuses excuses
>>
>>83573216
They will advertise it as "by the writer of Batman."
>>
>>83573261
God I forgot about him. Imagine Remender, but always on his hobo piss rage streak.
>>
>>83573258
well yeah it goes back and forth, you have to know when the pendulum will swing though
>>
>>83573258
DC still pays their talent better though.
>>
>>83573261
What's his relationship with Gerads?
>>
>>83573315
Based on what?
>>
>>83573171
I mean you're free to have your opinion but it was a solid, low key book that used She-Hulk's position as a lawyer fairly realistically (for a cape comic). What did you think was so bad about it?
>>
>>83573261
Kot is permatriggered, dunno if he can be any more upset.
>>
>>83573359
They do creator surveys. I don't have a link handy. I think DC had better writer rates but the artist rates were kind of lacking.

Boom was apparently really awful.
>>
>>83573324
He threw a twitter fit because Gerards designed a Chris Kyle commemorative patch or something similar.
>>
>>83573261
>>83573324
Wasn't his bitch fit more about Edmonson?
>>
>>83573409
It was just plain boring and the humor was lame as fuck. With the art it had the writing needed to be better than "not horrible" not to mention that Souls didn't play to Pulido's strengths, in fact he put emphasis on the wonky faces instead of drawing attention away from them and put Pulido on a position to draw stuff he does well.
>>
>>83573481
>Wasn't his bitch fit more about ______?

The answer will always be yes.
>>
>>83573456
I think I know the survey you're talking about, is this it?

https://fairpagerates.com/year-in-review-2015-survey-results/
>>
>>83573143
>The man is insanely slow
Is he? I always thought it's the opposite, it's just that he either isn't interested in superheroes or the ditors don't think his style would fit yadda yadda or something
>>
>>83573567
>isn't interested in superheroes
Do what's stopping him from doing any other project then? If you look at his body of work he just hasn'd drawn many issues despite being in the industry for a very long time. Mother Panic stars a vigilante type character in Gotham so...
>>
>>83573556
Yeah that looks like it. Sample size should be kept in mind, of course.
>>
>>83573216

Fourth compared to what?
>>
>>83573504
>It was just plain boring and the humor was lame as fuck
I going to have to disagree, the whole run is short and can easily be read in an hour so it never feels like a slog where nothing happens. As far as humor I don't remember any moments that stick out particularly funny or cringey.

The art was pretty ill-suited for the book but I don't know if it really should fall onto Soule to cover for the artists inadequacies. If this was a creator owned book where it was clear that the artist and writer went into it together sure, but not with a big 2 comic where good writers get saddled with bad artists all the time.
>>
>>83573759
Lucifer, Astro City, and Clean Room I think in that order last month.
>>
>>83573122
>What difference does that make?
Editors working at the company.
>>
>>83573471
>Twitter fit
Has anybody reminded him about the time he swore he'd never work for Marvel again because they supported SOPA?
>>
>>83573807
Why is Astro City even at Vertigo?
>>
>>83573994
It's been since years.
>>
>>83573994
I guess Busiek and co are comfortable with the arrangement they have. Though I wonder if the Bond layoff/firing/whatever would change that.
>>
>>83572798
Oh shit, I love this guy, really glad to hear this. Good move, DC.
>>
With all the exclusive contracts DC is giving I'm surprised Seeley hasn't signed with them
>>
>>83574317
He still wants to work at Image, probably.
>>
>>83574317
Yeah, I wonder if he hasn't gotten the offer or if he refused it.
>>
>>83574317
Hack/Slash is still going strong, I can't imagine he has any incentive to give that up.
>>
Is Sheriff of Babylon worth reading?
>>
>>83574555
It's fantastic. I mean obviously it's not for everyone, but if you're interested at all you should give it a try.
>>
>>83574555
Yes. It's the only other book besides Astro City that is worth reading from Vertigo
>>
>>83574555
I didn't really like it but I don't think it's bad
>>
File: RyBncth.png (1 MB, 600x1209) Image search: [Google]
RyBncth.png
1 MB, 600x1209
>>83572915

Maybe a little.
>>
>>83574376

I thought that ended a while ago.
>>
>>83574988
What the fuck. He couldn't even redraw them properly.

I was never fond of Gerad's stuff. He tries to have that JP Leon inky approach but can't get past that clinical digital look
>>
I thought exclusivity just meant no to Marvel?
>>
>>83576901
That's what it used to mean but the DC ones this year have included Vertigo. Probably smart given that Image has been cutting into their niche.
>>
>>83576958
Ah that's a clever move by DC.
>>
>>83573983
Yes. Ewing too. They both pretty much responded with "uh, well..uh, t-things change"
>>
>>83577831
>>83573983
Oh wow, didn't realise Marvel supported SOPA.
>>
>>83578201
Why would you? Not like any news sites would publish anything negative about Marvel. Well, maybe now... but we're talking old news here.
>>
>>83574317
He still wants to do marvel work and work at other places I guess
He just announced an Aftershock book, Revival is ending soon, and Blade wouldn't last too long, so who knows what he's gonna do later
>>
>>83578656
God, how long has it taken Blade to come out. We'll get SHIELD first.
>>
>>83578748
Not as long as Gamorra
>>
>>83578748
it was announced like almost a year ago

if it doesn't get announced for marvel nower then it'll never happen
>>
>>83578782
LEL I forgot that existed. Why did they even announce those if this was gonna happen? It's almost like Marvel has some sort of quality control...
>>
>>83573182

That's pretty gay.
>>
>>83578860
>>83573182
But X-Men is the everloving worst. Why did Sorrentino do that? Money? He'd have probably go an exclusive offer by now.
>>
>>83574555
Best book coming out right now in my opinion, though I understand that not everyone's interested in the topics it raises.
>>
>>83578937
Sorrentino is a huge fucking X-Men fanboy that's why.
>>
>>83576901
well Vertigo is drastically underperforming so they finally realized that Image might actually be a threat.
>>
>>83579378
I had no idea. Nice to know. I assume that's why he's on Logan then?
>>
>>83573063
>a little wonky
The art was a crime against faces.
>>
>>83574610
I liked Last Gang in Town.
>>
>>83573063
I couldn't get past the art. Were they doing fucking blow in between panels or something?
>>
>>83580290
Red Thorn and Unfollow are very good too.
>>
File: 360x200.jpg (43 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
360x200.jpg
43 KB, 360x200
>>83572798
>Hijab
>>
>>83580771
Have you even read the premise of the story?
>>
>>83580290
I'm enjoying The Survivors Club.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.