[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's Marvel worse decision right now? >Wacky comedic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: patrician opinions.jpg (3 MB, 4456x3328) Image search: [Google]
patrician opinions.jpg
3 MB, 4456x3328
So what's Marvel worse decision right now?

>Wacky comedic Hulk.
>Muh strong female character in Whor.
>Deviantart tier artwork Squirrel Girl.
>Female heroes are not real Mockingbird.
>The push of Captain Carol as Marvel's Wonder Woman and failing every time.
>Cheap cash in who gives a shit about making a good book Gwenpool.
>Captan Nazi
>All of Civil War so far.
>>
>>83571822
whats that about mockingbird?
>>
Completely ignoring the element of personal sacrifice that defines Marvel heroes.
>>
>its a background character tries too hard to fit in episode
>>
>>83571822
The degenerate young trio of new avengers

kamala
Lesbian hair Carol
>>
File: 1464306432047.jpg (98 KB, 1250x478) Image search: [Google]
1464306432047.jpg
98 KB, 1250x478
>>83571864
Five evil patriarchs.
>>
>>83571864

feminist comic that pretends that female super heroes are not a thing so they can say that comic books are sexist
>>
>>83571822
They keep trying (and failing) to convince us that Cyclops was wrong.
>>
>>83571822
Hulk has almost no good comic on all these decades.

Cho's Hulk being fun is a progression.

What should Hulk "really" be about anyway on your opinion? Its not even Banner.
>>
There's nothing wrong with Chulk or Gwenpool.
>>
>>83571929
>cyclops
>visor has 2 eyes

You had one fucking job.

Also girls don't do math and science. There is a very strong correlation between testosterone and math ability, as seen by how boys and girls are equally good at math until puberty where boys then destroy girls and the fact any and science worth doing is math intensive
>>
Chulk has been fun, Amadeus reminds me of a more loose Mr. Fixit.
>>
>>83571822
Not having a comic about D-Man protecting the Zero People from the bourgeois' oppression. How can you pander to sjw without soft communist leaning mags?
>>
>>83572002
But he is mostly right about the others tho.

Gwenpool is a cheap gimick and even she knows, but is at least under a competent team.
>>
>>83571822
The shithumans
>>
It's all pretty awful to be quite honest family.
>>
>>83571966

OP here, the problem is removing the man vs monster concept.

Hulk is meant to be a burden, not a party time.
Without that is just some random comic about a guy getting powers ans wrecking shit, it feels like an image title.

Maybe if they make it so he can't turn into a human while still having control of his mental state as a Hulk it would be more interesting because is still man vs monster but in a different way, adaptin into the monsters body instead of fighting it
>>
>>83572116
No the key to making a good character, is remove all depth, and make them a minority.

If you're a truly amazing writer you can add tampons for full literary genius status.
>>
>>83572116
So I guess you were one of those >not muhs when PAD was writing Fixit and merged Hulk.
>>
>>83572208

the thread said no autism allowed.

>>83572192

Did they wrote tampons into another marvel comic??
>>
>>83572116
Hulk was better in the original issues when it wasn't man vs monster but monster vs. society, the Hulk was fully in control of his mental faculties early on. It was a separate personality and he was irritated all the time, but the major struggle was the Hulk holding himself back against a society that baslessly hated him.
>>
>>83572193

>muh boogeyman!!!
>muh waifu!!! Gwenpool is sacred!

Come one megafag, Gwenpool sucks and we all know it
>>
>>83571822
Gwen and Cho don't really deserve to be associated with that garbage, even if they aren't that great either.
>>
>>83572237
>baslessly hated him.

he destroys everything around him, anon, and I don't buy that shit about the Hulk being so smart or some shit that he was able to wreck buildings but keeping everybody inside safe at the same time...
>>
>>83572116
>OP here, the problem is removing the man vs monster concept.

>Hulk is meant to be a burden, not a party time.

>Without that is just some random comic about a guy getting powers ans wrecking shit, it feels like an image title.

This is a Banned thing and not this Hulk. Banner's also wasn't always about that.

Hulk is just another character of the Big 2 that can be explored on thousand ways. No different than Miller or Morrissons's Batman being different.

If this upsets you, you should stop reading Big 2.
>>
File: 1464090047832.jpg (652 KB, 993x1484) Image search: [Google]
1464090047832.jpg
652 KB, 993x1484
>>83571822
>>Captan Nazi

This hands down. Marvel managed to piss off the easily offended right-wing and the easily offended left-wing at the same time, while pleasing absolutely no one.

Civil War II is a distant second to that.
>>
>>83572236
Just Mockingbird so far. Unfortunately we still have a long way to go. We have to break the glass tampon ceiling.

How far is too far? 50% of books 100% we'll never know until we try.

I sure think that Superior Iron Man would have been much better if he gave tampons to everyone in the utopia he was building.
>>
All above more or less. Marvel is completely unreadable these days.
>>
>>83571929
Since when has Namor been seen as a hero? He's always seemed to be a neutral character who did his own thing regardless of the ethics. Also cyclops with two eyes? How do you fuck up something so goddamn easy?
>>
>>83572294
Nice try General Ross, he didn't wreck a lot of buildings back then. In fact he spent a lot of time as a sad clown, just trying to isolate himself from society so no one would try to hurt him and so he wouldn't hurt anyone while defending himself.
>>
>>83572353
I mean if you look at the mythology it's easy to get confused, because a Cyclops has two eyes. That's definitely how that works.
>>
>>83572024
Yeah, the author was blatantly lying. You basically have to go against biology to do these things, which is possible but less likely. But who cares about facts these days, right? Current year and all that.
>>
>>83572304

The point is that people like the Hulk for a reason, for his internal struggles.

The Cho Hulk version is like ''how about a hulk comic that its not that much like a hulk comic?''
>>
>>83572353
>Since when has Namor been seen as a hero?
1. WWII - killed Nazis
and
2. Phoenix Five - killed Africans
>>
>>83572341

autism and calling everybody a mega faggot for some reason.

/tv/ should leave.
>>
>>83572404
I'm not white knighting any of the new comics, I don't think they're good. I'm just saying I think the early Hulk stuff is better then the later stuff where Hulk becomes a retard.
>>
The least awful is wacky Hulk, but that doesn't mean it's good. Worst has to be Tumblrbird. Personally, Whor is the worst because I was a Thorfag.
>>
>>83572372
>he didn't wreck a lot

he did some wrecking and that's enought don't you think?
>>
>>83572372
Exactly he was all "why do the puny humans always hound Hulk"
>>
>>83572477

dude, is the ''megafag'' dude trolling you.

Its the guy that gets triggered as fuck when people talk shit about Gwenpool and starts calling everybody ''lol you are a mega faggot then!!!''

That's why they call him megafag
>>
>>83572497
No he was in the desert isolated most of the time. It was basically Frankenstein's Monster as a super hero I loved that.
>>
>>83572417
>The point is that people like the Hulk for a reason, for his internal struggles.

Tell me good Hulk stories about this.

Because I mostly hate Marvel's Hulk, good concept but terrible execution. What is to like?

If it is really that good recomend something for me that isn't World War or Planet Hulk.
>>
>>83572534
>him
But Megafag, YOU'RE the Megafag. Not even the power of anonymity can hide your overwhelming autism.
>>
>>83572417
But the entire premise of Cho as Hulk is thinking he can control it, even as he succumbs to the urges that come with hulking out, even as hulking out pushes his subconscious fears and anger to the surface.
>>
>>83572477

see what I mean? >>83572544
>>
>>83571822
Making the inhumemes relevant
>>
>>83572610
>But the entire premise of Cho as Hulk is thinking he can control it

Literally, who wants that? We already have She-Hulk, Red Hulk and to a way lesser degree, The Thing as in monsters in control of their monster side while cracking jokes.
>>
>>83572663
Well, good job ignoring the rest of my post.
>>
I dont have a problem with Gwenpool but you guys have an unhealthy obsetion with her, at least the kamala cute threads have gone down in numbers i think
>>
>>83572688
>expecting Megafag to respond to your actual points and not just flying off into an autism spree
This must be your first Megafag thread.
>>
>>83572688

I read it and I don't think that mades up for the the man vs monster concept.

Its too wacky for their own good.

Its like that piece of shit Gwenpool comic that has her killing dudes while laughing and cracking jokes despite her not being crazy like Deadpool and then trying to have a ''sad'' scene about her feeling sad about somebody that she barely met for a minute dying because of her.

You can't have a wacky murderer/monster being sad because ''a live was lost!''/''I almost lost control of myself!!'' in the same comic, is just dumb
>>
>>83572792
You reading it doesn't really mean anything when you've proven time and time again that you're physically incapable of understanding basic elements of character development, Megafag.
>>
>>83571822
>it's part #69483661047 of the "Let's get mad about something sjw have done, may do, or could hypothetically think at some point" miniseries.
>>
>>83571822
But Chulk is good
>>
>>83572840

>stop hating what I like!!! you are faggot!

autism, please
>>
>>83572347

stop being a mega faggot then, Gwenpool is cute! anon, cute!
>>
>>83573008
>who cares if we're eating dog shit there's pink frosting and sprinkles on top
>>
>>83571822
Hulk is actually enjoyable.
>>
why everytime that people want to talk about comics like adults there has to be an autist calling everybody a faggot?
>>
>>83571929

Thank god Wondie has been around since the 40s, keeps DC from pulling this shit too.
>>
File: gwenpool a cute.jpg (140 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool a cute.jpg
140 KB, 612x380
>>83571822

I just want to say to everybody here that Gwenpool is a cute and you shouldn't hate her for it, she is top tier waifu material and if you hate her you are a mega faggot
>>
File: Mockingbird (2016-) 003-002.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Mockingbird (2016-) 003-002.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83571864
Read it and weep.
http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/hMp3BhWf/file.html
>>
>>83573128
Isn't she the one with the lasso of mansplaining? And the comic where she beats up a guy for looking at her lecherously?
>>
>>83573088
we need a board split /co/ is entertaining too many groups of people
>>
>>83571822
The only tolerable idea is Chulk because I can at least get a kick out of it. Still gonna say Cap's dilemma is temporary.
>>
>>83573088
We're just calling you by your name, Megafag. Maybe if you were capable of coherent discussion without instantly flying off into an autistic rage then that name wouldn't have stuck but here we are.

Also calling people a faggot is a term of endearment here on 4chan. Yet another thing you're too stupid to understand.
>>
>>83573197
I like her comic, but liking her because of
>muuuh waifu is cute

Is patethic.
>>
>>83573197
Your falseflagging might actually work if you didn't have such a very specific brand of shitposting, Megafag.
>>
>>83573264
He's not an actual Gwenpool fan, anon. That's just Megafag trying to falseflag. It's what he starts doing once people stop taking his regular bait.
>>
Hulk is great, I trust Spencer with Cap and I've heard Carol's book is pretty good. Everything else from op is crap, tho. Fer real.
>>
>>83573230
You have called like 7 different people Megafag you fucking newfag retard
>>
>>83573264

That's how waifu dorks go, anon.

Buying a gwenpool comic is like dating according to some of them
>>
>>83571966
Gerry Duggan's Omega Hulk was good, despite Secret Wars and Chulk driving away from the story it set up.
>>
>>83573197
That's all she is - waifubait.
>>
>>83573313
You should check out Gwenpool. The concept may sound like shit, but the execution is great. You really can't go wrong with Hastings/Gurihiru.

First two issues of Mockingbird were actually pretty good. I don't know what caused it to go completely off the rails into shit-tier town that it did in the third issue. Hopefully that was just a one-off case of the writer getting it out of their system. Either way, I doubt it'll last past issue 6 so at least we won't have to deal with it for long.

Carol's ANAD book had a good first arc, but the writers are getting replaced by the Gages for the Civil War II tie-in arc, so that could very well derail the book into shit-tier again. Probably not as bad as KSD's, but I'm still pretty apprehensive about it.

Squirrel Girl, Civil War II, and Thor are beyond salvaging though.
>>
File: Stop invincible slut.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Stop invincible slut.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>83573337
>7 different people
>different
OK bud.
>>
>>83573424
>You should check out Gwenpool. The concept may sound like shit

Its shit, its not even funny, cool or anything.

Is just like Squirrel Girl or Hellcat.
>>
>>83573358
I'm sure you would know aaaaaaall about dating, Megafag. How's that girlfriend of yours doing? Still smoking the dank kush with you?

We're still waiting for you to post your comic by the way.
>>
Civil War is by far the worst because it affects all of Marvel.
>>
>>83573460

he is right anon, stop calling everybody a faggot just because they don't like your shitty waifu
>>
>>83571822
Half of those are "I don't read comics, but will still form strong opinions on my misinformation."

So, my answer is Captain Marvel being pushed as a big "female superhero" brand and constantly failing. First off, it's obviously about keeping the name relevant after they stole it from DC way back when, and then it's this weird insistence/mandate that it HAS to be Carol, when trying to compete with Wonder Woman as a female icon might not mesh with her character, and that Marvel would get far more brownie points if they gave a shit about Monica Rambeau instead. Also, that Carol Corps idea never seemed to catch on, and now DC is trying their hand at it with their "Harley Corps."

Also, the butt hurt over Squirrel Girl will never not be funny. The ugly face was the one part of that book that succeeded exactly as the artist wanted. If you want to hate the book, find a real reason: like it being tepid garbage aside from a rare gag that might conceivably warrant a laugh.
>>
>>83573486
Don't you have some million dollar advertising contract you should be working on, Megafag?
>>
>>83573530
>Half of those are "I don't read comics, but will still form strong opinions on my misinformation."

Yeah, explain.
>>
>>83573530

comics are a visual medium too anon, hating a comic based on terrible artwork like Squirrel girl or terrible writing like Gwenpool is totally ok.
>>
>>83573516
Here's an idea. If you don't want people to keep calling you Megafag, then maybe stop being such a faggot?
>>
>>83573571
Sure, but hating a comic because it triggers your autism isn't OK, Megafag.
>>
>>83573676

Is this some sort of brand new shitposting? Because I don't get it.

the memes are getting stale
>>
>>83573715
No, it's just an autist.
>>
>>83571929

What does this artist think the word "Cyclops" means?
>>
>>83573771

let me guess, somebody shitposting because some petty reason like a waifu or marvel shilling?
>>
>>83571822
Squirrel Girl by far.

>>83573809
Not an ounce of a sense of humour in you. Her book is lighthearted enough for me to be sure that the artist was being funny with the visor.
>>
>>83572353
Do you think the people who work at Marvel actually read or even look at comics?
>>
>>83573676
You and your beloved megafag should chase eachother out of town. Or the board in this case.
>>
>>83573961

not the same anon, but the artist fuckep up.

Cyclops has one of the most classic comic book designs with his visor, you don't fuck up that!
>>
>>83573566
Hulk is building up to the inescapable misery of the traditional Hulk. The light hearted facade is just Amadeus' hubris before he finally fucks up. Or it was that way the last time I looked in on it.

Captain Hydra's controversy is solely from people who have clinically short memories, and forget that the industry has been pulling stunts like this for decades. Such people are likely MCU fans, as a film franchise has no need economic need for cheap controversy anywhere near to the level as publishing comics would, and a successful film franchise creates an illusion of a more intentional and developed sense of continuity, which would make a fan confused when faced with the actual patchwork and messy continuity that happens in the actual comics.

Hating Gwenpool is a meme, and calling her a cash-in make it sound like you still think the character is an alternate Gwen Stacy, like Spider-Gwen.

I got nothing on Jane-Thor, but she's still around

Civil War 2 is probably shit for obvious reasons, but I really don't care.

>>83573571
You have the wrong definition of "terrible artwork." It's mostly consistent, and it reasonably conveys what it needs to visually. You just don't find certain choices visually appealing. It's fine to have that opinion, but you're just being petulant.
>>
>>83574134

post an example of Squirrel's girl great artwork and lets see
>>
>>83574010

I don't know man, all I see is some anon making a thread and some autist going ''everybody is a megafagg lol!''

He is the one that should stop the lame shitposting
>>
>>83572024
>Also girls don't do math and science. There is a very strong correlation between testosterone and math ability, as seen by how boys and girls are equally good at math until puberty where boys then destroy girls and the fact any and science worth doing is math intensive
Tell me you're joking...
>>
File: 1460604983283.jpg (709 KB, 766x754) Image search: [Google]
1460604983283.jpg
709 KB, 766x754
>England is losing it's cultural identity and it's natives are being subjugated as third class citizens before foreigners.

>British culture is being replaced with foreign cultures and we are not allowed to speak up about it.

>Most of Britians money is going to foreign countries. We do not eve have a space program. Meanwhile, India, a country we give money to, does.

>Muslims can get drunk and beat people into the hospital and they won't get ail time for it because they are "not used to drinking alcohol". (this actually happened btw)

Is this supposed to be fucking funny, Marvel? Insulting? I mean, do they realize what they have done here? Holy shit.
>>
>>83574485
Ewing, who wrote that issue, and Cornell, who created Faiza, are guilt-ridden liberal Britcucks. I like them, but they are what they are.
>>
It's all marketing over art, at the end of the day controversy sells.
Marvel logic is "_____ is more popular than ever and everyone is talking about our fuckups, that is a good thing right? Bad publicity is still publicity! Who cares about character integrity if people are talking about it"
>>
>>83574485
Isn't that from Secret Wars
>>
>>83574382
You can dislike something, but disliking it doesn't mean it's terrible. Calling it terrible when it's passable, is just grasping for justification for your opinion beyond just having the opinion in the first place.

Good job being a manchild. Also the burden of proof isn't on me, I'm saying the art is adequate, not stellar. You're the one pushing any kind of value judgement.

Too bad you can't see the humor of an ugly SG, but then again, you are the punchline.
>>
>>83574678
>Calling it terrible when it's passable

When she has to clarify that a person she is drawing isn't a tranny, she's fucked up.
>>
>>83574678
It's not passable. The art isn't dynamic, it's messy from panel-to-panel, and when there are backgrounds they're almost incomprehensible
>>
>>83574485
Brian Braddock is still Captain Britain though.
>>
>>83574444
It's biology. Men and women are NOT equal.
>>
>>83574485
>>Muslims can get drunk and beat people into the hospital and they won't get ail time for it because they are "not used to drinking alcohol". (this actually happened btw)

I call bullshit
>>
>>83574776
It was some Muslim women but he's not lying.
>>
>>83574776
I wish man. Shit like this and the paedophile sex ring makes me fucking disgusted by how racist this country is becoming.
>>
>>83574723
>and when there are backgrounds they're almost incomprehensible

oh my god this!

>''I drew like 3 lines for the background, literally 3 lines! The colorist got the rest!
>>
>>83574485
Do you actually give a fuck about Captain Britain or are you just looking for something to complain about?
>>
>>83574922
You think people care about Squirrel Girl or Hellcat?
>>
>>83574922
He might just care about a national icon of Britain Excalibur, being used here, and then on top of that the "Captain Britain" name.
>>
>>83574942

I care about books that are not shit.

Those characters have been around for a while, specially Hellcat.

Maybe I want to get into Hellcat on a current run month by month and I all I have is SJW kiddie shit Hellcat!
>>
>>83574485
She is British, so I don't see the issue there. If it was a foreigner as Captain Britain I would understand the displeasure.
>>
>>83571822
I think it's that since Marvel has much more successful movies than DC that they can afford to make these stupid comics.
>>
>>83571822
Whichever has the lowest sales relative to expense.
>>
>>83575066

retarded opinion, what a waste of road dubs
>>
>>83571822
She-Hulk only for the stupid death.

The character swaps are par for the course for any long time comic reading fag.

Gwen and SG are largely contained. If you don't want coimc AIDS then don't read AIDS comics.
>>
>>83571926
>degenerate
Fuck off with that word if you're not going to use it properly.
>>
>>83571822
>>Wacky comedic Hulk.
fuck you I like gook hulk
>>
Mockingbird because Bobbi WAS my waifu
>>
>>83571822
I love civil war 2 get at me faggots.
>>
File: Sudden Gayness.jpg (75 KB, 427x330) Image search: [Google]
Sudden Gayness.jpg
75 KB, 427x330
>>83571822
>>
>>83575759
Not fooling anyone, Marvel intern
>>
>>83573201
I kinda doubt that she was still a kid when Spider-man started
>>
>>83575014
>I care about books that are not shit.
Bullshit
>>
File: 1460578459987.jpg (51 KB, 299x276) Image search: [Google]
1460578459987.jpg
51 KB, 299x276
>>83573530
>that time when Marvel NOW Moon Knight outsold Captain Marvel forn early a year
>>
>>83573201
Wait how can she know about spiderman when she a kid?
Dont they keep deaging spiderman and he is like 30 at most?
>>
>>83575056
Hye imagine if they made a character that is supposed to represent your countries ideal and replaced them with something that the majority of your country despises. Like if they made captain Amercia a Nazi......oh wait.
>>
>>83573961
>lighthearted
>has a reporter named Dick Profit
>Mockingbird gets two men killed
>its ok
>saves the girls so thats all that matters
>the world is talking about tampons

The whole thing was a feminist bludgeon.
>>
File: Jean Gay.jpg (20 KB, 384x307) Image search: [Google]
Jean Gay.jpg
20 KB, 384x307
>>83575817
>>
Hulk is actually halfway decent.
Whor is shit, but will snap back.
Squirrel girl actually sells to SOMEBODY, I dunno who.
Mockingbird is practically forgotten already.
This carol run will be forgotten, and we'll eventually have Captain Kamalla.
Last I checked, Gwenpool is seriously good. Stupid concept. Good execution.
Captain nazi reads like a stupid obvious stunt. Who cares.
Civil war is stupid as fuck, messes with multiple books, and also features Carol being useless.

I'm going with Civil War.

OP, I'd also include the useless inhuman push, and whatever the fuck is going on with the X men well before Hulk or Gwenpool.
>>
>>83572326
the ensuing outrage entertained me, an easily-amused cynic though
>>
>>83575986
So it's a temporary thing that will inevitably get reversed? Sounds fine to me
>>
>>83571974

Beat me to it. Both are pretty good series.
>>
>>83576094
>Squirrel girl actually sells to SOMEBODY, I dunno who
All of my real life friends who read comics think Squirrel Girl is "pretty funny." They're not even horrible memers either, just video game dudes who also watch a lot of anime. They're like one step away from being 4channers desu.
>>
>>83575850
Can't get over the fact that somebody like what you don't like?
>>
File: hellcat tumblr art.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
hellcat tumblr art.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
You forgot my personal least favorite, Patsy universe
>>
>>83573530
>tepid garbage aside from a rare gag that might conceivably warrant a laugh
You give Ryan North far, FAR too much credit. That dude has always been a third-rate tryhard "quirky" webcomic writer and that's exactly what Squirrel Girl reads like: a tryhard "quirky" third-rate webcomic. And yes, I am qualified to talk about this, as I write a second-rate webcomic so I'm a fucking expert. No one in this thread has any bid to question my wisdom.
>>
>>83576335
but do they actually BUY it?
My LCS get 4 in and always has 2 left over for like ever
>>
File: 370273813.png (142 KB, 268x327) Image search: [Google]
370273813.png
142 KB, 268x327
>>83576391
This is the sort of shit we get when a once niche industry tries to reach EVERYONE.

Mediocre swarbage.
>>
>>83576407
What webcomic
>>
>>83576480
Two of them buy it, the third is a poorfag who can't afford comics so he just borrows. He would buy it if he could afford it, though. He's said that to me a couple times.
>>
>>83572326
Good thing I hate captain America
Because the outrage with the shitty fans of his has made me overjoyed
>>
>>83576524
It's called Miss Melee. Don't read it.
>>
File: 1464735788561.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464735788561.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
Anon, there's no point being so negative. These decisions are aimed at a different sort of fan and if that's not you, then I'm sorry but you have to move on or bite your upper lip and enjoy it.

Hell, Gwenpool and Hulk are pretty good. Vision too.
>>
>>83574760
The species doesn't lend itself to such extreme specialization as you're implying.
>>
>>83576586
I feel this way but with Thor. Whor has been an endless supply of Thorfag tears and I love it.
>>
>>83573201
So I tried to do a list of female supers that came before Bobbi, but my memory is shot.
>Invisible Woman
>Wasp
>Scarlet Witch
>Jean Grey
>Black Widow
>Medusa
>Carol Danvers
>Polaris
>Valkyrie
Am I missing anyone else?
>>
>>83576649
Bones plz
>>
File: Marvel Universe Strength Chart.jpg (4 MB, 800x2914) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Universe Strength Chart.jpg
4 MB, 800x2914
>>83576832
>These decisions are aimed at a different sort of fan and if that's not you, then I'm sorry but you have to move on or bite your upper lip and enjoy it.
But the problem is not that they are making these different stories. The problem is they are changing their whole line to try and fit them. True diversity is diversity of thought. I want different genres. I want different stories. I want them to test different ideas. Appeal to more people.

Instead we are getting books filled with more pop culture quotes than an average TBBT episode. All cutesy and full of jokes. They are beginning to bet all their chips on a single number and they are waiting for the ball to land.

It is dangerous. In this current climate I could never see an amazing run happening. And that is the truth of it. Think of all those great Marvel runs. From Claremont X-Men to Frank Miller Daredevil. Even the early 2000s had some stellar runs. Ed Brubaker on Cap was killer.

Their runs now are so forgettable and samey. They won't be remembered. They are fast losing quality by seeking only one sot of fan.
>>
>>83577154
Storm
>>
>>83571940
TAMPONS
>>
>>83571822
Half of those are good.
So I'll have to put it up to one of the other half.
Maybe Whor. Solely for that Reigns-tier "like it or not" page.
>>
>>83577330
Marvel has one or two stellar runs hidden in the mounds of shit they push out

Those runs don't sell at all but what're you gonna do
>>
>>83577362
Bobbi Morse first appeared in 1972, Storm first appeared in 1975.
>>
>>83577414
Stellar runs are often born of those taking a chance to do something different.

Right now Marvel is all about conforming to a knew status quo. Difference in skin colour of heroes but not difference in thought or taking the chance to do something different.

All it means is bland conformity. Good runs should be controversial. People constantly bitched at Brubaker for making a Bucky that killed people during WW2 flashbacks. But it was a fantastic run.

You can never please everyone and right now it seems like they are trying to please everyone in this whole new group instead of challenging things.
>>
>>83577492
Well there's Vision, Ms. Marvel, and Ewing's books right now
>But Ms. Marvel isn't good
Shut up
>>
>>83577492
>Good runs should be controversial.
But Nick Spencers Captain America and Dan Slotts Superior Spider-Man are both controversial.
>>
>>83577566
Why are you arguing with yourself, you meme spewing retard?
>>
>>83571822
Gwenpool and Cho Hulk have been at least arguably fun, and Captain Marvel is merely forgettable and bland without being actively bad like the others.
>>
>>83577603
I am anticipating an inevitable response to my post and preemptively telling them to shut up
>>
>>83577591
Spencer Cap is pretty alright
>>
>>83577566
IDK what the latest meme consensus on it is, but I think Karnak has been pretty good so far.
>>
>>83577591
Controversy in itself doesn't create a good story. Often those stories use controversy as a cheap ploy.

The longivity of creating controversy is to also create a decent story so that things that offend begin to offend less so. Bland;y making a story with Cap as Hydra when everyone can guess where it will go is not the same.

Do you understand what I mean?

>>83577566
I haven't mentioned any of those things. Sure some books can be enjoyable.

Will any of those books be remembered in a few years? Compared to some runs of the past? Most likely not. Don't take offence to that. Just saying that their quality while good among some things out now does not mean they are worthremembering.
>>
>>83575081
Truth hurts, nigger
>>
>>83577728
Vision and Ms. Marvel, most definitely
>>
>>83577727
I read yesterday the 4 chapters of Karnak that have come out until now, and while the story is certainly thrilling, I would have expected it to be considered one of those "Mature comics for mature people like me", with the attitude the protagonist has

Also I will never not find retarded the fact that, since he can see the weak points of everything, he's supposedly able to make a reinforced door fly out of its hinges just by touching the right spot
>>
>>83577727
I've stopped caring about Ellis on ongoings because I know they'll never get an ending
>>
>>83577728
How much a story/run is remembered depends on who's remembering it and why. I'm probably gonna remember Big Man Plans for a good long while, but I dunno about the rest of the comic reading community.
>>
>>83576051
>Jean will never brainwash you into a fag
why even live?
>>
>>83577947
It's space martial arts, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>83577664
>Captain Marvel is merely forgettable and bland without being actively bad
eh, I'd say it's pretty good, but not great. but tastes differ.

>>83577591
>Good runs should be controversial.
moron. controversy has nothing to do with quality.

>>83571900
>Completely ignoring the element of personal sacrifice that defines Marvel heroes.
I don't think they COMPLETELY ignore it. it's just warped and pushed aside. that's what they're going for with JaneThor, but it comes across as bizarre, because they haven't explained it. Carol needs that element too. it's implicit in her current book, but implicit isn't enough.

Also: they're not pushing Carol as Marvel's Wonder Woman. That's JaneThor. They're pushing Carol as Marvel's Superman.
>>
>>83571822
That is not Squirrel Girl. Thats somd kind of mutant potato.
>>
>>83577947
He does also have some basic enhanced speed and strength.
>>
>>83577964
Young Jean is my waifu, even though shes such a cunt.
>>
File: 1464984752972.jpg (73 KB, 662x593) Image search: [Google]
1464984752972.jpg
73 KB, 662x593
>>83578025
>>Good runs should be controversial.
>moron. controversy has nothing to do with quality.
You do realise I was quoting that guy, right? But thank you for calling me a moron when you can't read.
>>
the only thing worse than a capeshit fag is a capeshit fag with a company bias
>>
>>83578001
>>83578098
It's mostly the fact that the door was sent flying with what (at least seemed to me) just the touch of two fingers in the right place.
Obviously it could just be that they weren't able to express the strength and speed of the hit that's a problem western comics generally have, but even if we accept that I don't really see someone, outside of really strong guys like the Thing or Hulk do something like that with a reinforced steel door

But that was really just a secondary thing, nothing that would damage my enjoyment of the comic
>>
>>83576009
>the world is talking about tampons

I still do not understand this one. Like, what the hell is there to talk about? It's a non issue.
>>
>>83578025
>moron. controversy has nothing to do with quality.
Are you an idiot? I never said controversy has anything to do with quality.

What I am saying is that trying new things and new ideas often breeds controversy. A lot of the best stories were not born of the status quo but out of different ideas. And it is because of that these runs end up controversial.

Something that has quality does not need to be controversial but it does sometimes end up as such.
>>
File: the Mayor of MGTown.jpg (132 KB, 600x555) Image search: [Google]
the Mayor of MGTown.jpg
132 KB, 600x555
Tell me, /co/, do you honetsly believe there's anything wrong with being an MRA? Not talking redpillers or MGTOWs here.
>>
>>83578248
I think it's about Congress refusing to talk about tampons being taxed as a luxury item
>>
>>83578247
It was kinda silly, yeah. Silly in a late-night Kung-Fu movie rerun kinda way.
>>
File: TheGayAgenda.jpg (51 KB, 552x442) Image search: [Google]
TheGayAgenda.jpg
51 KB, 552x442
>>83578142
I'm sorry, but someone had to tell you.
>>
>>83578305
What kinda stupid bullshit is that? They're kinda necessary to a woman, no?
>>
File: 1465132980992.jpg (77 KB, 580x835) Image search: [Google]
1465132980992.jpg
77 KB, 580x835
>>83571929
>>83573201
The writer on twitter, folks.
>>
>>83578352
Male politicians literally do not know how periods work
>>
>>83578361
Not, I wrote a good female character, twice, or I wrote two compelling plots no, what really matters is tampons.

What a fucking hack.
>>
>>83578303
True Talk: Yes, as people who describe themselves seem to consider only the most facetious versions of the issues actual feminists are concerned about. Most are more concerned with something silly somebody said on tumblr than anything else.
>>
>>83578303
Personally I believe them to be reactionary, a lot like many SJWs/pol people. It means they are often vocal but not necessarily logical.

That being said, I don't see political notions in images such as the one you are posting. You know what I see? Shit writing.

The problem with a lot of what /pol/ types complain about is the current shit writing in comics.
>>
>>83578352
Is toilet-paper taxed as a luxury item?
>>
File: 1442620447676.jpg (41 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1442620447676.jpg
41 KB, 500x404
>>83578361
>Marvel are hiring people like this
Make it stop
>>
>>83578303
I've seen Anons here call it straight up sexism. There are a few radfems here who think that even being egalitarian is sexist, and that Feminism has a monopoly on human rights.

I don't think its the majority of the community though.
>>
>>83578352
You are gonna be surprised about how stupid male politicians are about how the female body works.
Read about one who thought women can turn off their period at will.
>>
>>83574776
>being this bluepilled
>>
File: limfCag.jpg (53 KB, 636x395) Image search: [Google]
limfCag.jpg
53 KB, 636x395
Why do you hate women, /co/?
>>
>>83578352
>>83578394
Some think tampons are sex toys. Others think people can control their periods - either that actual menstruation, or holding it in like pee.

A lot of politician health knowledge is based on incorrect info they were taught decades ago and they never bothered to relearn. That's part of how you get politicians debating against abortion while claiming that woman's body will naturally "shut down" a pregnancy if it's an unwanted one.
>>
>>83578303
Well yes. The same way I'm a feminist and a social justice warrior.

I believe in what they stand for, but I want nothing to do with the freakish creatures that are loudest of the groups, and so represent them.

>>83578414
It's pretty great for what it is. The comic is aimed at girls and even using the word tampon is heresy in modern entertainment. The same way if you spoke about your period, etc. I'm glad it's in this comic aimed at girls rather than say, Vision.
>>
>>83576273

I really hope Britain reverses the muslims.
>>
>>83578517
This is why every elected position should have a term limit.
>>
>>83574776
Nigga it's england, the muslims got away with raping over 1000 girls on a decade long time scale. And people still don't talk about it out of fear of being called racist.
>>
>>83578487
It's like you've never been to a waifu thread.

>>83578523
I don't mind a few token ones, but if there ratio goes above 1% then I'm leaving this shitty island. When I went to England, they were everywhere. I don't want to live like that.
>>
>>83578361
You know, I don't think I've ever seen a comic mention dandruff shampoo. I bet it's because society just can't deal with the concept of dandruff shampoo, and not just because there's no conceivable reason for it to come up in stories about super heroes.

One day I'm going to write for Marvel and end the dandruff shame.
>>
File: jean Gay Civil War.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
jean Gay Civil War.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83578340
Jean will never read your mind in a room packed with Avengers.
>>
>>83578550
>"Giving oxygen to racists"
Over 1400 homie. Fuck them all.

>>83578519
>I'm a social justice warrior.
>Fuck them all
Something doesn't compute here. Selective social justice.
>>
File: red skull.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
red skull.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83578523
Ain't gonna happen the west is cucked beyound belief.
>>
>>83578547
I so wish they had the two and youre out rule for all the senate/HoR like they do for the president.
>>
>>83578605
>I agree with an actual World War 2 Nazi
>Clearly this means my opinions are correct and I am in the right
>>
File: nNUvsIA.jpg (320 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
nNUvsIA.jpg
320 KB, 900x1366
>>83578595
She'll just tell you what the internet has been telling you since forever, that you're gay.
>>
>>83578519
>>83578601
You forgot you trip when you responded to yourself, you fucking moron.
>>
>>83578477
My favourite was the one that asked if swallowing a micro-camera could allow doctors to view a fetus.
>>
>>83578665
What a terribly constructed page
>>
>>83578684
I was pointing out myself being a hypocrite, but okay.
>>
>>83578714
That's even more retarded
>>
>>83578707

It's not a constructed page at all. Four drawings for eight panels. Lazy.
Who started that fucking trend?
>>
>>83578707
Re-using the same panels for 6/8, holy shit what quality.
>>
>>83578732
Lemme guess, you're Muslim and from Britain? Sorry I offended you. Not my intention.
>>
>>83578768
>>83578766
>>83578707
Some of the edits are so good though. Probably the only good thing about this page.
>>
>>83578766
Being fucking lazy has been around since forever.

Also you forgot only one background, and it's just a blue gradient.
>>
>>83578704
The ever lasting fuck jesus forget about sex ed in schools, Congress needs a few classes. And a lot of these men saying this shit are married, have daughters, or young girlfriends/mistresses.

Like how can you go through life thinking this shit.
>>
>>83578661
>actual World War 2 Nazi
>actual
If you aren't joking about Spencers strawman you're fucking retarded. The Red Skull is not real, they could make him say whatever they want. I really hope you just worded that wrong.
>>
>>83578770
I am neither but you're still retarded and your goddamn trip-for-no-reason is pissing me off
>>
>>83578830
As in actually from World War 2, not an actual person
>>
>>83578820
Easy, they went into politics. You don't need to know shit to get into politics. See: our entire education system for the past 16 years and Donald Trump
>>
>>83578661
>muh extensive axiological knowledge
>>
>>83578595
Fuck, why is Jean such a bitch.
>>
>>83578899
I just wish I knew what the women in their lives were thinking when they said the shit they do.
>>
>>83578810
Ewwww, on a talking heads page, why are these shitty SJW comics always also so badly made? You'd think they would put some effort into their garbage agenda pushing.
>>
>>83578915
Because most writers don't grasp how horrible and invasive mind reading is.
>>
File: 1462114073076.jpg (23 KB, 280x246) Image search: [Google]
1462114073076.jpg
23 KB, 280x246
>>83578665
I don't know what's it about that face of hers in the last panel but it makes me all giddy inside.
>>
>>83578605
>>83578830
Did you miss the interview where he said that he just copied what extremist groups say to gain new members?
You can and should complain about the stupid plot twist, you can complain about the page following the one that has been posted where they go full kamikaze, but his point makes sense
>>
>>83571822
You know I actually tried to read some of Squirrel Girl when /co/ posted it a while back.

I might have been able to put up with it longer if the art wasn't so hard to stomach. Like, it's obnoxious, sure, but mostly in the way that Squirrel Girl always is. Whatever. Those faces just give me the creeps sometimes though.

I saw Cho cameo in Moongirl. Dude was an asshole. Interesting direction for them to go with a Hulk, I don't read his comic but that could be cool.

Thor... I couldn't make it past the first comic or two. There'd have to be some big shifts in tone for that to change my mind, and I certainly don't feel right giving money to it.

Gwenpool's fun, still new, interested to see where it goes with its concept.

Haven't read the rest. Civil War's going to be a trainwreck of varying quality no matter what happens, so we'll have to ride that wave to the end.
>>
File: mansplain.jpg (47 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mansplain.jpg
47 KB, 480x360
>>83578661
>Put a reasonable stance into the mouth of a person worse than even Hitler

>WOW I, as an enlightened liberal, sure have the moral high ground

GG, dude.
>>
So I guess /co/mblr and /copol/ are both real.

You people are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>83579011
>Literally DEY TOOK ER JERBS
>reasonable
>>
>>83578595
You know, we SHOULD see what She-Hulk was thinking about there.

I bet it'd make for a way better comic.
>>
>>83578991
Wait, what interview? Because this was the point I always championed when it came to that page, so some actual confirmation of authorial intent would be nice.
>>
>>83579078
Too bad she got tit-missiled.

That should become a new version of fridging, whenever a character is killed of for an event its's them getting tit-missiled.
>>
>>83579038
Two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>83578361
Okay, so she's NOT doing a weird unreliable narrator thing. Instead of being a hack, she's being a hack but in the usual way that we're used to seeing hack writers from Marvel.
>>
>>83578519
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>83579116
You really just need to search on google for "Captain America Spencers interview" and you should find a ton of results.
This is the passage, anyway

>I didn’t want the Red Skull to just do a saber-rattling “Hydra’s going to crush everyone and rule the world” kind of speech, because that probably is not going to fill the basement of some truckstop bar with guys who feel like they’ve been kicked around their whole lives and feel like they’re losing their way. So I looked around in the real world at what’s driving recruitment into these kinds of groups, what in the real world is motivating the guys in that basement.
>>
>>83579281
But how do they know you're trying to help them without a big name, and a tripcode.

I mean how are you supposed to establish an identity and show how important you are without a tripcode. C'mon now don't be silly Anon.
>>
>>83579071
Can you not read?
>>
>>83579344
>>83579281
>>83578837
>Trip boogeyman ruining the thread
Can you all just talk about the thread topic instead of being so butt blasted and bitter? If you don't like trips, go to a new board.
>>
I feel like Marvel wanted to embrace what made them so successful in the first place, which was selling books to teenagers. They went as SJW as they could and are still waiting for that to work, but what they don't realize is that today's youth don't want to, or can't pay for anything, so they'll download their books for free and then complain loudly about what they don't like.
>>
>>83579560
They nailed it with Ms. Marvel, at least
>>
>>83579560
In a sane world, the backlash over "anti-Semitism" would open their eyes even a bit. Best case scenario Marvels plan is to push away all their old audience and replace them with people who will stop paying at the drop of a hat.

And even pushing the SJW aspect I wish they'd at least hire someone with an ounce of talent or respect for storytelling.
>>
>>83579660
The perfect strategy to get out of the floppy game for good and go movies all the way. It's genius.
>>
File: 1464405589578.jpg (18 KB, 270x208) Image search: [Google]
1464405589578.jpg
18 KB, 270x208
>>83579432
Sweet damage contol, bro
>>
>>83573201
>As soon as I get paid as much as your father
Maybe you should work hard to rise to a job as good as his then you stupid bitch
>>
>>83578517
It's called spontaneous abortion and it can be caused by stressful situations.
>>
>>83580065
That actually took place in the 60s though, but Peter Park is Spiderman. This comic is a mess don't worry about it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.