[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did this man follow up the best X-men movie with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Twink Destroyer.jpg (301 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Twink Destroyer.jpg
301 KB, 2000x1000
How the fuck did this man follow up the best X-men movie with the worst X-men movie?
>>
Superman Returns
>>
File: superman retains.png (242 KB, 354x458) Image search: [Google]
superman retains.png
242 KB, 354x458
>>83563374
>>
>>83563357
Apocalypse is just like the comics.

Personally, I liked it for that reason. I get it, it's cheesy, but I don't know what people expected from a film about fucking Apocalypse.
>>
File: Lonely Logan.jpg (112 KB, 478x698) Image search: [Google]
Lonely Logan.jpg
112 KB, 478x698
>>83563430
The only thing it has in common with the comics is Apocalypse was this all powerful being that didn't do shit and was beat by a comparatively weak collection of characters.

As an actual story, it was horrible, full of illogical moments such as Quicksilver somehow knowing the mansion was exploding or Apocalypse's joke of a screening process and filler scenes like Weapon X that added literally nothing to the story.
>>
Being a Jewish pedophile.
>>
>>83563561
>somehow knowing the mansion was exploding
And then came the very next scene, he somehow failed to react to Stryker's guns. Yeah, it really was horrible.
>>
File: 1464802113517.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1464802113517.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>83563430
Nailed it friend
>>
File: tfw.jpg (56 KB, 837x680) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
56 KB, 837x680
>>83563685
>>83563561
The Speedforce told him
>>
>>83563357
He didn't make X-men 3.

Apocalypse is not nearly as bad. It's cheesy, it's dumb, but it's not bad.
>>
>>83563787
>It's cheesy, it's dumb, but it's not bad.
>Havok, Scott's 40 year old brother, was supposed to be the one to do something with his life as if he were in high school
>Apocalypse is somehow impressed with Psylocke because she made a beam come out of her hand and she joins him cause reasons
>the massive discrepancies in horseman powers
>literally needing a reason to explain Xavier's baldness
>Pietro's arc was him doing nothing for no reason
>lets take Kurt to the mall and have literally no one react to his appearance
>that disgusting overuse of CGI in the 3rd act to the point that nothing looked remotely real in the last 30 minutes of the movie
>that shit tier wire work when the characters weren't CGI
>that incredibly awkward Auschwitz scene
>Magneto has literally murdered millions but farewell old friend
>Havok's throwaway death that's a bigger diservice to a Summers than what Ratner did in Last Stand
>JLaw's half assing everything
>JLaw's god awful "We did it, Russ. We're finally True Detectives!" speech in the last scene
>The Weapon X scene that only exists to stall the plot so Apocalypse can mess with Xavier
>The whole vague, poorly explained psychic connection they had
>even Apocalypse's motivation is vague, does he want to wipe most of the planet out and have the strong survive ala the comics or just rule like he did in Egypt since he ranted about old systems

This movie was horrible. I literally laughed for a full minute when Magneto made that steel beam X.
>>
>>83563561
>Apocalypse's joke of a screening process

Again, just like the comics.

The Horsemen have never been cool. He always picks people either because they're weak-willed easy marks just like a cult leader would, or because they happen to fit the imagery of the Four Horsemen.

Like, he only picked Archangel to be Death because "the angel of death" should have wings I guess.

The dumb motherfucker would pick a guy who's mutant power is just wilting flowers to be a horseman solely so he can call him "Famine".

Tell me how that's useful in a fight.
>>
>>83563357
He got distracted by the amount of twinks he cast.
>>
>>83563357
He's a pedophile
He likes them boys young and twinky
>>
>>83564283
You do realize when you discuss a movie, you need to look at the movie's internal logic, not the source material, right?

Movie Apocalypse was not looking to recreate the horseman archtypes or even his previous horsemen's abilities. He literally takes on Angel because Psylocke says he's a good fighter.
>>
>>83564319
I'm not defending the movie to casuals who like movies, I'm asking why X-Men fans in specific expected something different.
>>
>>83564312
>>83564292

Who were the twinks?

Cyclops
Nightcrawler
>>
>>83564335
Apocalypse with that height
>>
>>83564334
It's not a casual thing to expect logic in a movie.

Saying its like my comics isn't a good defense because you're referencing comics that weren't good by your own admission.
>>
File: 1415259971492.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1415259971492.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>83563430
The movie is a sloppily written mess.
And there's only a few lazy attempts to actually make it "just like the comics".

If it were just like the comics, Xavier would've sat in his living room at the beginning, telling a team of about 7 X-Men to sort out that Apocalypse business he'd been hearing about, never to be seen in the movie again.

Magneto would also not be in the movie and Mystique would backstab the team 3/4s in because she thought it benefitted Nightcrawler somehow. We probably wouldn't have had the 3rd Weapon X reimagining.

Meanwhile all that time we've gained would've gone into character interaction. And maybe another fight or two with Apocalypse, so he doesn't end up standing on a random hill in front of kairo for half the movie and Havok doesn't blow his own stupid ass up.
>>
>>83564238
It's shocking considering she was a good Mystique in First Class. I tolerated her in DoFP - which was the best X-Men film to date for me, and she just ruined it for me alongside the bad writing here... but Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse was just plain horrible. No charisma, no ham. Where is my ham, Singer?
>>
>>83564335
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Angel
Quicksilver
Havok
Beast
You could even include Xavier
>>
>>83564380
>pics are getting switched again
MOOTWOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>83564380
I will grant you the point about Xavier.

I will also admit that if it were 100% accurate, the movie would've paused the plot somewhere to have Cyke lead the team in a game of baseball.

But Magneto being an international terrorist who murders a whole bunch of people and then Chuck ignoring it/forgiving him for it at the end of the storyarc, that's totally comics.

Havok being useless and/or doing something stupid, that's totally comics.

Psylocke being a near-mute who's just there to flash some thigh and do kung fu is more accurate than not.

Horsemen sucking, that's comics. Apoc being all-talk and jobbing hard, that's comics.

The plot being convoluted nonsense in general is like Page 3 of the Claremont Playbook (page 1 is titled "Telepaths and BDSM", Page 2 is "All the girls are bi, especially Storm and Kitty"). The only way they could've nailed that point any harder is if the script had included the Siege Perilous for god's sake.
>>
Bryan Singer: Makes an overall mediocre movie with one or two great scenes that will potentially confuse you into liking the movie. and fondle little boys in off hours.
>>
it was obviously the third best.
>>
>>83564238

Well someone sure has shit taste and opinions.
>>
>>83564238
>I literally laughed for a full minute when Magneto made that steel beam X.

Why are you even watchin X-men movies then if that kind of shit is apparently below your standards for a comic book movie?

Even after all that shit you wasted >greentexting out, it's still a better movie than X-men 3.
>>
>>83564392
>no ham. Where is my ham, Singer?

Missile scene, bro.
>>
>>83563357
DOFP is a movie he wanted to make.
Apocalypse is a movie he made because Fox promised him to give him the budget for a movie he wanted to make.

There's a difference between doing something because you want to do it, and something you do because you push yourself to do it.

It's like the difference between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
It's not even close to the worst. It's not even very far behind DOFP really.

Almost all the X-Men movies including the best ones are the same thing, flawed and sloppy in ways that they shouldn't be, held together by tape and gum, but they mostly work.
>>
>>83563357
It's not the worst, it's far from actual turds like X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins, but it's just really bland, and it suffers when DOFP was quite powerful, even more with fans who watched the original trilogy.
>>
>>83564950
Is there an interview(s) that implies that?
>>
>>83564990
I read it in a couple of websites.
The movie he wanted to make is 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea, and it seems Fox promised him to let him do that if he directed Apocalypse.
>>
>>83563357
"X-men: the last stand" was directed by Brett Ratner - not by Bryan Singer.
>>
>>83564380
Doesn't Havoc have the power to absorb energy and explosions
>>
>>83565074

It's cosmic energy, space rays etc.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.