[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show didn't end up being perfect, but it was certainly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
This show didn't end up being perfect, but it was certainly good despite it's flaws.

Suck my fuckin' dick autists.
>>
>>83561335
I agree. Best Transformers show. Only problem was the lack of diverse environments in season 1.
>>
File: 1427677243633.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1427677243633.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>83561335
If it's not perfect then it's shit. Everyone knows that!
>>
It's definitely one of the better TF shows out there. The four anime before it were all pretty meh, with the last two having some of the weird blend of CG models and 2D backgrounds ever. And while Animated had a tighter story and more nuance to the characters, the art style really was hit or miss for many people who preferred more robotic designs for the characters.
>>
File: 1419394979293.jpg (63 KB, 815x459) Image search: [Google]
1419394979293.jpg
63 KB, 815x459
It's my second favorite next to Beast Wars. My only problem was that it only further solidified the stoic no-fun-allowed version of Prime. I can understand that the characterization makes sense given the shit that's on his shoulders, but even still.

I fucking loved Megatron though, he and Soundwave were probably my favorite characters in this.
>>
File: 1407260098997.jpg (46 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1407260098997.jpg
46 KB, 853x480
>>83561335

I found your statement anon.. logical.
>>
File: F1t4it64o8_400.gif (977 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
F1t4it64o8_400.gif
977 KB, 400x222
Best Starscream
>>
I enjoyed it. Wished it had a larger cast of recurring autobots arriving and leaving (Or staying for short periods) and that Cliffjumper wasn't axed in the fucking pilot, but I can't complain to much. Also Starscream almost joining them made me want a con to actually turn and stay autobot. Show had a -lot- of potential.
>>
>>83561933
My top TFP characters are Megs, Soundwave, and Knockout

Airachnid for being sexy
>>
>>83562508

Shame they wimped out with Skyquake or whatever so he could get shot down by Megs.
>>
>>83561335
Oh, but autists will definitely suck your cock and agree with your opinion.

Regular people may argue that the show was setting up multiple interesting plot points only to quickly drop them or to resolve them in a blink of an eye (Deceptiprime, Unicron, Silas, crippled Bulkhead, "homeless" Autobots, the list goes on) while dragging dull and repetetive treasure hunts for two seasons, had no actual tension AT ALL (Cliffjumper dies in the first episode to establish that anything goes, no holds barred, then not a single good guy gets hurt for more than two episodes during 3 long seasons) and Decepticon soldiers get less dangerous and more canon-foddery with each passing elisode, this including the supposedly deadly Insecticons and Predacons. And then there's Smokescreen.

Far from bad, but truly a mess (go read obline about it's production) which buried the Aligned continuity. This is what this show is.
>>
>>83563091
I think "regular people" are used to action cartoons being less than amazing, and in general often falling for all of those issues you just named and are able to judge the series for what it is, as all things are relative to their medium.

Autists however obsess over every tiny detail to the point that they can't enjoy what a show did well because they're too busy nitpicking to see the forest for the trees.

Kind of like the episode of Arthur where the autistic kid is obsessed about the details of a train drawing being wrong. Autism isn't just a buzzword.
>>
>>83563156
Look, I liked most of Prime, too, but that sounds a lot like "just turn your brain off and enjoy it" to me.

What hath Bay wrought?
>>
>>83563669
Not exactly, I'm not saying one can't acknowledge flaws...I have my own bones to pick with TF Prime myself as I do pretty much every show I've ever watched, but I'm saying it becomes a problem when you're too obsessed with flaws to see anything that's good. When your sole meaning in life and hobby is to pick things apart and over analyze to the point that you aren't even capable of enjoying stuff that's pretty fuckin' decent if not good.

Also, sometimes "turning your brain off and enjoying it" is acceptable too...it's not something to be proud of but seeing how this board circle jerks over the MCU, a franchise that's ripe with things to complain about and more bad movies than good, I have been forced to believe that the Bayhate is simply hivemind.
>>
File: Decepticons in the hood.jpg (79 KB, 540x410) Image search: [Google]
Decepticons in the hood.jpg
79 KB, 540x410
Hell yeah Prime thread
>>
Best show since Beast , only issue I had was that the ending seemed rushed
>>
>>83564815
The finale movie was a incredibly bad. It really needed to be stretched out into a full season for any of the stuff it did to actually feel meaningful.
>>
>>83565015
>>83564815
Yeah, both the final episode and Predacons Rising felt really underwhelming.
Also, why was Season 3 only 12 episodes?
>>
>>83565183
Who knows...every Hub original show has met an untimely cancellation aside from Rescue Bots and Horses
>>
File: 1464054602507.jpg (44 KB, 790x507) Image search: [Google]
1464054602507.jpg
44 KB, 790x507
>>83561335
the " human factor " is the worst aspect of anything Transformers related.
Loved Transformers Prime designs.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.