[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Slott gets complete and unrestricted freedom with the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 241x209
>Slott gets complete and unrestricted freedom with the entire Spider-multiverse to tell the story HE wants to write, the way HE wants it to be written, and leave his immutable mark on the character
>It is lambasted by a literal 100% of all comic and Spider-Man fans across every medium and will forever go down in history as one of the very worst cape comics ever written, and the only takeaway hits and successes from it are characters and issue he had zero involvement in
>>
>>83560048
So, at this point, my headcanon is that after WWH, everything just kinda cooled out and Peter ended up making a family with MJ and got out of the superhero business, and everything else after is fanfiction.
>>
File: slow news.gif (32 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
slow news.gif
32 KB, 350x400
And in other news, water is wet.
>>
Is he at least a good artist? What are his contributions to the comic book industry?
>>
>>83560048
So the hypercrisis with DC is about how the universe keep progressing so that people will still read and the universe wont die. Is the hypercrisis with Marvel that the universe is trying to commit suicide?
>>
People always say shit like "baw slott sucks" and "he is bad" but in reality, it's really true
>>
>>83560184
He actually used to write mostly good stuff.

Once upon a time...
>>
holy shit, so much samefagging.

Some of us actually liked Superior, asshole.
>>
>>83560761
>7 posters

>7 replies

>Samefagging.

Well, technically now it's 7 posters and 8 replies since I already posted her, but you know.
>>
he had a nice thing going on up to Spider-Island. Brand New Day and The Gauntlet were good.
>>
>>83560803
He admitted to liking Superior. It's obvious he isn't very bright.
>>
>>83560184
He wrote a lot of good stuff. His Arkham mini-series introduced a lot of cool characters. His Thing ongoing was fun. Avengers Initiative and Mighty Avengers were great. /co/ is just butthurt about 'muh edgy Spider-Man' (and Superior, too). In 2011, people on /co/ fucking loved him.
Honestly, it happens to every writer here. One day people kiss his ass. Next - they hate him.
>>
>>83560998
All of it was boring shit and The Gauntlet was carried by better writers.
His Spider-Man has never been above painfully mediocre.
>>
>>83561189
Fuck you, Mysterio's arc was the second best in the Gauntlet. Also New Ways to Die was fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x313
>>83560761
The only superior asshole is your mum's
>>
>>83561229
>second best in the Gauntlet
It can't be that by definition because vastly superior Juggernaut and Lizard stories exist.

New Ways to Die was boring trash.
>>
>>83561317
*Juggernaut and Rhino
Not Lizard, that one was shit too.
>>
>>83560048
Spider-man and the Human Torch was good.
>>
>>83561342
>dissing on shed
You are both my nigga and not my nigga
>>
>>83561398
I love Zeb Wells, but this one didn't click with me for some reason.
>>
>>83560048
>Slott gets complete and unrestricted freedom
Editorial says otherwise. Famously, they can't allow Peter and MJ to be remarried in the present main continuity.
>>
>>83561443
Oh now that i can understand, i like everything he does with spidey but shed is really his weakest, the bachalo art gives it points tho
>>
>>83561511
I need a source on that before i can get angry m8
>>
>>83560184
Silver Surfer.
Slott is a pretty decent Doctor Who writer.

Spider-related, he's had some hits here and there. Mostly misses, though. The No One Dies storyline was pretty tight. Spider-Island as well, it's sort of a modern Spidey classic.

Spider-verse ranges from "just okay" to "meh". It could've been so much better. But I disagree with OP, there are a lot of worse cape comics.
>>
>>83561718
>Spider-verse ranges from "just okay" to "meh".
Nigga, that shit was Ultimatum-tier of horrible. Maybe even worse because the first issue of Ultimatum at least tried to be tense. It never reaches "okay" or "meh"
>>
>>83561599
>needing sauce on /co/ "common knowledge"
>>
Had Slott bailed after Spider Island, he could have ended his abominable run on a somewhat high note with MJ and Peter together at last and the city recognizing Peter as a hero, Eddie Brock back to normal (to set up him becoming Venom again), and Kaine back.

Fucker could have even lied and said he quit because Marvel wouldn't let him take the ending to it's natural conclusion and reunite Peter and MJ.

Everything after Spider-Island basically damned Slott and at this point, there is nothing left to save.
>>
>>83561782
>Ultimatum-tier

Spider-Verse wasn't even close to that bad. Ultimatum shot the Ultimate Universe in the back of the head behind a dumpster where it fell into a persistent vegetative state before Secret Wars finally pulled the plug.
>>
Slott doesn't have total 100% freedom; he sold his soul to Quesada and company to be the vanguard on the anti-marriage front and why he has retained control over the book for so long.

Which goes towards the tragedy of Dan Slott: fucker was so pathetic in the way he was practically BEGGING to be given the Spider-Man book to write, that he sold his soul and reputation to get to write it, and promptly shit the bed so hard and so fast and so utterly, the same fanboys like KBox who were salivating for a Slott writen Spider-Man ongoing, began calling for his head on a silver platter when they got what they were crying for.
>>
>>83560048

People still buy his comics though.

It's just like how it is with Batman. It doesn't matter how shit the writing is, it doesn't matter how shit the art is, people will still buy motherfucking Spider-Man in droves.
>>
>>83561992
It was. Just because it didn't have that much consequences doesn't it mean their writing quality is not equally terrible.
>>
>>83560048
MC2 is the real canon while Slott is fanfiction
>>
>>83561398
Shed wasn't really that good, mang

It was like bad-Slott level
>>
Slott is nothing more than an annoying little troll. If people stopped buying his shit, he'd be replaced with the quickness. But no, people keep buying his books and bitching about him. You only have yourselves to blame.
>>
>>83560048
Could be worse Bendis wants Parker dead so Dindu can be the only Spider-Man
>>
>>83561113
no he just got an ego like most of them get after a bit of success and let it go to their head and write shit.
>>
>>83561113
I marathoned his mighty av. two days ago and ended liking it a lot.
>>
>>83561113
You forgot She-Hulk, senpai.
>>
>>83560048
He looks like George Costanza
>>
>>83560048

To nobody's surprise, Spiderfags remain complacent cucks.
>>
Slott wasn't always bad. Spider Island was good. Sharp decline sometime after that though.
>>
>>83563319
A lot of writers are loved when they write D listers
But once they get their hands on A-listers, love turns into hate, because readers have very strong opinions about how those popular characters should be written
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.