[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the appeal of this franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I don't know anything about the ninja Turtles aside from the recent films.

what's the best place to get started on the turtles. The original comic?
>>
>>83554661
you have three decent options depending on your patience and tastes
1. the original comic
2. the first movie and ONLY the first movie, after which you go check out one of the others in this list before venturing out
3. the 2003 series (only the first 5 seasons)
>>
>What is the appeal of this franchise?

Nostalgia

It is literally impossible to become a new fan, only people who grew up with Ninja Turtles as part of their childhood like it
>>
>>83555479
Yeah , I guess the athrophomorphic ninjas who talk like surfer dudes is a bit out there.
>>
>>83554661
For men it's part nostalgia. But also the idea of ease strange mutants having this war for the supremacy of New York's rooftops with an evil ninja clan is just so cartoonishly ridiculous I love it.
Personally if I was recommending a spot to start. The original mirage comics are cool. But really I say just jump into the idw comic series. Its from one of the original creators and it takes all the best bits from this comic or that cartoon and puts them together I to a really rad comic series.
Good spot to start
>>
>>83556002
*For me
Don't want to imply its nostalgia for all men
>>
>>83554938
This. But the second movie is OK too!
>>
They kinda have a bit of everything. Because they have so many iterations, nearly every niche has its favorite take on the turtles

like independent grungy quasi-parodies of the dark avenging vigilante? Y'got the original comics

Like weird monster of the week cartoons? Y'got the original series

How about a more adult take with a show with an ongoing plot? 2003 series

How about something like the 2003 show except with the similar tone to the original cartoon show? Y'got the nickelodeon series

There's a bit of everything for everyone
>>
>>83554661
Ok, for whoever who actually watched the new movie, only 1 question, since my brother wants to see it.

Is there any kind of post-credit scene?
>>
>>83557011
>Is there any kind of post-credit scene?

No.
>>
>>83557011
I watched it. There's nothing. Avoid the movie. It's like 2 hours long and isn't bad enough to make fun of while not being good enough to actually enjoy
>>
>>83555479
I've seen young children rocking the Nick cartoon gear. Ratings also say the show does well with young kids demos
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.