[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Black Mask being chosen as the main villain in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: it was me all along.jpg (48 KB, 360x341) Image search: [Google]
it was me all along.jpg
48 KB, 360x341
Thoughts on Black Mask being chosen as the main villain in the next bat flick?
>>
>>83551411
red hood making a appearance also?
>>
>>83551411

Sionis is a guy from a rich family who wears the death mask from his family's crypt over his face.

Gives him a nice dark parallel to Bruce.

Yeah I don't care about the stupid brain damage evil baby origin, he's basically the original Hush.
>>
Mite be cool, could be an indication that they're branching out to the other rogues. I'm tired of Joker.
>>
>>83551507
this, thank god.
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 660x320) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 660x320
It was me all along, bats
>>
>>83551411
I'd rather have Killer Moth
>>
>>83551411
>implying this won't be joker under the mask
>>
>>83551558
Arkham Origins: The Motion Picture?
>>
>>83551411
This is news to me. Source?
>>
>>83551624
>implying it wont be hush disgusted as the joker
>>
I would be really happy if he was. Batman has the best rogue gallery but people are hellbent on focusing on a select few.
>>
>>83551411
Where's your source OP?

If done properly, having Black Mask as a crime lord who hires villains to eliminate Batman would be a nice change of pace.

>Movie begins with Batman and Killer Croc fighting on the Gotham docks
>Croc states that Batman has a bounty on his head.
>Various villains ambush Batman during the movie.
>Batman discovers that Black Mask is the crime lord through interrogation of the Riddler or Penguin.
>Last section of the movie ends with Batman confronting Black Mask. Joker (Leto will be forced in the movie) appears and only wants to cause chaos. Claim the bounty and eliminate Black Mask to take control.
>During the battle, Batman discovers that Black Mask is Sionis. Joker appears to kill Black Mask with a dangerous weapon/MacGuffin.
>Aftercredit scene where Black Mask is shown alive and the mask has been fused to his face thanks to MacGuffin.

There, basic Batman movie plot.
>>
I'd prefer Great White Shark or Ventriloquist. Black Mask sucks.
>>
>>83552025
>Great White Shark
Could be good as a crime lord. Menacing and unique look that movie-goers would orgasm over.

>Ventriloquist
Ha Ha Ha, that's a stupid idea. It wouldn't work with Batfleck. It would have worked nicely with the original Batman 90's movies.

>Black Mask sucks.
Why? He is just as good as Great White Shark or lame Ventriloquist.
>>
>black mask finally a villain in a batman movie
>it's the dceu batman movie

fucking monkey's paw
>>
>>83551411
>flick
I think you mean film? Snyder doesn't direct flicks
>>
>>83551938
OP is just writing his fan fiction. Ben Affleck and Johns confirmed their Batman solo movie will feature many villains from his rogue gallery.
>>
>>83551411
>>83551507
>>83551551

If that's true, that's fine because Black Mask is a practical villain easy to do, which means harder to screw up. We have to give them something easy this time. Just a dude in a black skull mask who's an Italian mobster. It's not that hard.

>>83551646

Pssshhh I wish they'd do Deathstroke but if he appears in a bat film they won't use him in other stuff so it's okay.
>>
I hope they do a noir themed Batman, but with the crazy villains. I hope they do a gangster penguin, and get it right this time.
>>
>>83551868
>implying he won't end up being clayface
>>
>>83551611
Ya know, for reasons I can't explain, I don't hate Killer Moth. Everything about him is cheesy as hell, but I like the pyro, moths to a flame, can't save himself thing I suppose. I enjoyed him a lot in his brief Knighfall appearance pre-bat break.

Tl;dr - I'm okay with this
>>
I'd fucking love to see another movie with Batman just fucking mob-busting.
>>
>>83551411
first movie will be a prequel where Jason dies
second movie will be under the red hood
third movie who knows
>>
File: ReverseHail2.png (364 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ReverseHail2.png
364 KB, 800x533
>>83551558
>>
Just have a good, sexy, and horrifying non-femme-fatale Poison Ivy please!
>>
>>83553095
OP wrote about different villains.
Croc, Riddler, Joker, Black Mask.
>>
Can someone succintly explain why this guy has fans?
>>
File: 1465260602170.png (484 KB, 574x516) Image search: [Google]
1465260602170.png
484 KB, 574x516
>>
>>83551411
Black Mask is boring and lame desu.

And a bat flick would use a better known villain.
>>
>>83552746
He doesn't direct films either. He directs a series of music videos Then poorly edits them together
>>
>>83554945
He's not outlandish, basic as the rogues go.
Not so succinctly, he's a mob boss with enuff connections to make life difficult, but not 1v1 with bats. His aesthetic is kill as all Hell to boot. Just one man's opinion.

>inb4 blackface
>>
Honestly for me black mask seems kinda boring. I'd love him as an element and maybe a red herring or manipulated party. Honestly I just want a good riddler story. Something where you think he's a chump but It turns out he's pulling the strings.
>>
>>83556301
This
>>
he makes a better catwoman villain
>>
>>83556301
have you read zero year? its a fucking solid riddler story
>>
>>83554614
!!! My edit! I'm always so surprised when I see it used.
>>
>>83556301
I can agree to this, I'd like to see Black Mask in the spotlight for once (and I do mean black mask, not the joker pretending to be him) but he isn't interesting enough to be the main antagonist. I'd really like to see a movie where Riddler or someone else plays both Batman and Black Mask like a fiddle.
>>
>>83556301
I don't know how to do a Riddler story that isn't just a Joker story with riddles.
>>
>>83556752
the thing is with riddler is that he's supposed to be the intellectual match to batman almost exclusively in that category. while joker is more of a catch-all, riddler is/should be used for very specific stories focused on outwitting batman and challenging him. He's the guy who's like "ok so everyone here has tested you as a dark knight, i'm going to test you as a detective" and his schemes get more elaborate to push batman to his mental limits. His ultimate goal should be to completely outwit batman intellectually, for the stimulation that challenge provides, and the only way to do so is putting Gotham in harm's way.
>>
>>83556897
I like the core idea of this being done right on film. Push it as a Who Dun It? Instead of Scrate action.. Jus dunno if that could sell to any casual fans that WB has created over the last 10 years
>>
>>83556997
i said earlier that zero year the comic is like a perfect riddler story because the mystery is "where and how do I find the Riddler" and it has a mix of detectivework and straight up action. Riddler is posited as an actual threat who floods gotham and turns it into an overgrown wasteland where he controls everything technological
>>
>>83557078
Which volumes specifically? Or is there a TPB that encapsulates riddlers story as a whole? Wouldn't mind check-in this arc out.
>>
>>83557182
i believe its batman volume 4 secret city and batman volume five dark city
they split it up really weird in the trades
>>
How does Black Mask eat?
>>
File: PerfectCell.jpg (686 KB, 1920x2615) Image search: [Google]
PerfectCell.jpg
686 KB, 1920x2615
>>83557274
Preciate ya

Here, have a fan art picture of Cell for your troubles
>>
>>83551411
You mean NOT RED SKULL?
>>
>>83551411
Seriously?

Of all the villains available, they picked Red Sku- I MEAN Black Mask?
>>
>>83557313
Pic related maybe? I know that's not how it is in the comics ut it could work. The maske still gets burned onto his face, but his boys remove psrts of it to the best of their ability so he can still function
>>
>>83551411
>flick

Fucking kill yourself
>>
Black MAsk is easily one of the dullest Batman villains. I have no idea what people see in him. He stole Red Skull's look and has the personality/shtick of a generic violent mob boss. There's nothing interesting about him.
>>
>>83557437
>>>/tv/
>>
>>83557523
>He stole Red Skull's look
Why do you all say this? Did you know that skulls weren't invented as a concept with Red Skull?
>>
>>83557313
I never thought of it.
>>
>>83557437

Capekino will never unironically be a thing.
>>
>>83556506
aw, i'm proud of you, anon.
>>
>>83559621
>He never watched the Toxic Avenger
>>
>>83557762
How do you mean? I know pirate flags had depictions of skulls, but surely no living man ever wore one for a face.
>>
>>83556506
I love it, man. Great shadows.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.