[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MILLAR & CAPULLO’s Creator-Owned Property Revealed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: mark-millar-reborn.jpg (301 KB, 764x1200) Image search: [Google]
mark-millar-reborn.jpg
301 KB, 764x1200
The bastard fucking does it again

>Writer Mark Millar and artist Greg Capullo have announced Reborn, the creator-owned project that the pair has been working on for several months.

>Reborn stars Bonnie Black, an 80-year-old woman who finds herself in a fantasy world after she dies. The official synopsis reads as follows:

>“It’s not Heaven. It’s not Hell. It’s as real and hard as where we live now, but filled with the most amazing fantasy landscapes, jaw-dropping creatures and a battle raging between good and evil. The people she loved in this world — her father and her childhood dog — but oddly, not her husband who had passed over 14 years before. So she sets out to find him. She realizes that she has been reborn as a 25 year-old woman with a sword in her hand and gun on her hip.”

>Reborn was created with an eye to transitioning the project to film, with Millar telling Deadline that “the idea is always to create the project and then find the right producer for it. We have an idea of who would be good for this one. It must be someone who will understand the story and is passionate about bringing our vision to the screen.”

>Millar didn't specify the producer who he and Capullo had in mind for Reborn's planned film adaptation.

>The Hollywood trade says that Reborn will be published by MillarWorld, but didn't specific if that meant on it's own or through previous publishing deals as MillarWorld has done in the past with Image Comics, Dark Horse, Avatar Press, or Marvel's Icon imprint.

>Reborn is scheduled to debut in October, and run for six issues.
>>
>>83548769
Might be good.
>>
>Millar didn't specify the producer who he and Capullo had in mind for Reborn's planned film adaptation.

Of course
>>
>>83548769
>Reborn was created with an eye to transitioning the project to film
You don't say?
>>
Will Capullo ever be paired with a good writer?
>>
>>83548769
Could be great, could be complete shit.

Not much in between, really.
>>
>>83548769
>Mark Millar
Of course it fucking. Anyway, mite be good. At least Capullo's art, although he was getting sloppy towards the end of Batman.
>>
>>83548869
He'll be paired with a writer that sells, that's about all he cares about. He's a really talented guy, but he's a professional not an artist. Drawing comics is what pays the bills and he's able to work quickly and turn in products that don't look like rush jobs
>>
Something about this summary doesn't do it for me. Maybe next time.
>>
>>83548869
Snyder's good when he's not writing Batman
>>
Will Millar ever write another comic that isn't a movie pitch in disguise?
>>
>>83548978
Because the story sounds generic as fuck due to it being a glorified film pitch.
>>
File: MST3k Joel Disappointed.jpg (21 KB, 457x314) Image search: [Google]
MST3k Joel Disappointed.jpg
21 KB, 457x314
>>83548769
>planned film adaptation.
>>
>>83549028
No
>>
>>83548769
this sounds like a rip-off of some manga/light novel.
>>
>>83549028
>in disguise
Idk he's pretty blatant about it
>>
>>83548996

>Snyder's good when he's not writing endings

fixed that for ya.
>>
>>83549028

Yeah. He'll write plenty that don't bother to disguise it.
>>
>>83549096
Stop with the meme that anything Snyder wrote for Batman was good. Those shitty narration boxes, that awful Batman dialogue, the boring plots, etc etc
>>
>>83549216
Stop with the meme that Snyder is bad.
>>
>>83549216
I'm pretty sure it's you who's memeing here.
>>
>>83548869
I could see him and Remender working well together
>>
>>83549216
The biggest sin of Snyder's run, in my mind, was that he wrote a really fucking boring adult Bruce. He's either dull or a bat-shit paranoid lunatic no middle ground.

That's why I enjoyed Zero Year so much more than the rest of the run; Snyder's interpretation of young Bruce was way more likeable than his grownup Bruce. Young Bruce had like a punk rock attitude and a real death wish. Old Bruce's biggest defining characteristic was being an asshole, and not in a fun way. In like an asshole dad kind of way
>>
>>83548877
All of Millar's comics from the past five years are bundles of inoffensive cliches with good art
>>
File: another one.jpg (19 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
another one.jpg
19 KB, 600x336
>>
Can't wait for the art
>>
>another Hollywood pitch
Yawn
>>
So basically a western isekai series?

Could be interesting.

Were Kick Ass and Kingsman written during Millar's "just want to write future movie adaptations" phase?
>>
>>83549982
Kick-Ass not so much.
The second and third are a mesh between trying to continue the story as a story and kowtowing to movie readers.

The Secret Service yes.
But the comic was better than the movie.
>>
>>83549028
Honestly I wouldn't be upset over a movie version of Huck
>>
>>83550060
It couldn't be any worse than the comic.
>>
Sounds too much like Requiem: Vampire Knight
>>
>>83549615
I agree, watching Bruce in Zero Year changing attitude even with Alfred was one of the best parts
>>
File: 1zph73b.jpg (18 KB, 375x327) Image search: [Google]
1zph73b.jpg
18 KB, 375x327
>>83548769
>that pitch
fucking Millar.
He's just completely given over to screenplay fever by this point hasn't he?
>>
>>83548869
Why be with a good writer when you can be with an excellent writer like Millar?
>>
>>83548769
>Reborn was created with an eye to transitioning the project to film,
What? No way
>>
>>83550607
Nigga is bound to take in cash few years down the line with Hollywood money.
>>
>>83548769

I like comics made with the intention of making a comic.

Let's see how this end affects the work. I don't want simple storyboards.
>>
>>83550566
You act like this is the first time he's done it.
>>
>>83548769
>"Eyed for the screen"
>More Hollywoodfagging by Millar

Jeezus this is pathetic. Kirkman is definitely the 2nd worst, but this bullshit makes me respect people like Ennis, Morrison, Fraction and Remender. Most of those guys' IP is idiosyncratic and personal enough to defy an elevator pitch and isn't just peacocking for producers.
>>
File: commissioner hard-on.jpg (64 KB, 361x506) Image search: [Google]
commissioner hard-on.jpg
64 KB, 361x506
>>83548769
I'll read this for Capullo's art and because he seems like a cool dude, and what I've noticed, is that he's the kinda guy who isn't afraid to say if something isn't working and if something about the story needs work or could work better in a different way, so I hope this project is more of a collaboration than just poor Capullo being Madman-Millar's bottom bitch.
>>
>>83551809
So I guessing he didn't speak up even once when drawing Batman?
>>
>>83548769
He's ripping off light novels now
>>
>>83551809
He's only doing it so they can sell it and he can make good money off of it so his heart's probably not in it. He'll be back doing something with his lover, Snyder next year.
>>
>>83551878
>literally the highest rated and the best selling run in Batman's history
>/co/ still memeing about it because it didn't have Damian or metamemes by Morrison
>>
>>83552095
>being this reductionist
>thinking people who hate Snyder's run are either Morrisonfags or Damianfags
>defending Snyder in the first place
>>
File: Panorama-McVeigh_2743831b.jpg (34 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Panorama-McVeigh_2743831b.jpg
34 KB, 620x387
>>83551878
Come on, dude. That's mean.

Well, whether you liked their bat book or not, at least they both seemed to be invested in it and worked as true partners. I like that. I liked Nu52 Batman. And I think it's healthy to any writer to be open for the artists ideas, especially since Millar is very easily blinded by his own style and needs some balancing.
>>
File: 1462127536983-co.jpg (26 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1462127536983-co.jpg
26 KB, 450x450
>>83549420
>Remender
>"""""Good"""""
Lmao @ ur life.
>>
>>83549370
The Wake suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.
>>
>>83548769
Looks like Millar has been reading too many manga.
>>

I'm so torn on this. On the one hand, I wish Millar would just develop movies and stay the fuck away from comics, seeing as how that's clearly his primary goal.

On the other hand, he's repeatedly stated that his goal with doing comics first is to get all his artist friends a ton of Hollywood cash, since they always have joint ownership of the property.

It's like, I don't like what he's doing, but I like how he's doing it.
>>
>>83548769
>reborn into strange new world
>husband died long ago, nowhere to be seen
>evil is taking over this new world

gee, I wonder who the evil overlord is.
>>
>>83548769
Like all of Mark Millar's recent comics it's going to be mostly decent yet incredibly safe and boring and then it will be made into a movie that's infinitely better.
>>
>>83552498
No.
>>
>>83549216
What was so bad about Court of Owls, Zero Year (at least the Red Hood part) and Endgame?
>>
>>83551809
Consider Capullo and Snyder have repeatedly said they had disagreements during the early part of thier run Id say he did.

But you know Capullo worked on a critically acclaimed sales juggernaut that made into a superstar artist in his right rather than the other guy who drew Spawn.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.