[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I picked up Miller's daredevil omnibus along with the companion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I picked up Miller's daredevil omnibus along with the companion. What other daredevil runs are worth reading?
I know Bendis, Brubaker, and Waid have had runs on him but I don't know anything about them.
>>
Ann Nocenti, karl Kesel, and joe kelly had some decent goes at the character
>>
>>83532790
Bendis is awesome

If you like the style and story continue to Brubaker

If you want more but with some different takes and direction, keep reading for Waid's

Waid might confuse you because there is one run in New York and another different one in SanFran

Just look at the artists

Also, don't read the current run, it's not very good
>>
>>83532860
Kesel's DD was just blind Spider-Man.
>>
>>83532790
I think Gerry Conway had a run on DD
>>
>>83533200
Daredevil is literally blind Spider-man, yes
>>
For my money, and I know I'll catch hell for this,

Bendis > Waid > Brubaker > Miller > Diggle > Smith

I will say that The Man Without Fear and Born Again are fucking excellent, but I don't consider part of the Miller run (because they aren't). Soule's run is shaping up okay so far, but there hasn't been enough issues for me to recommend it one way or the other.
>>
Don't skimp out on the Nocenti. It's a MUST. Tackle it after you're done with Miller's work.
>>
Bendis is an absolute bore from start to finish. Walls and walls of text with absolutely shitty conversations. It's even more obviously awful as soon as Brubaker starts writing.

Brubaker/Nocenti/Kesel are the best runs. Waid is ok.
>>
>>83533285
Getting a hold of Nocenti's run is a nightmare though, it's just collected in bits here and there.
>>
>>83532790
Bendis and Brubaker. Everything else is "your mileage may vary" AT BEST. This guy: >>83532860 is full of shit, btw.
>>
>>83533256
Bump Miller to #2 and I would agree with this.
>>
>>83533256

I was about to say you're a complete fucking moron, but you did put the caveat that you don't count Man Without Fear and Born Again in the Miller run, which is somewhat fair enough.

However, if you don't think Born Again is the best Daredevil story then you are still a complete moron.
>>
Gene Colan's run was consistently great
>>
File: DD.png (17 KB, 955x205) Image search: [Google]
DD.png
17 KB, 955x205
>>
>>83535465

Basically this.
>>
>>83534895
This
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.