[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would the whole "weapon X" idea be better if they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 300x457
Would the whole "weapon X" idea be better if they're the ones who gave Wolverine class as well as adamantium bones?
>>
File: Patch & Fixit.jpg (149 KB, 492x750) Image search: [Google]
Patch & Fixit.jpg
149 KB, 492x750
>>83513535
>class
>>
I'm not sure what you're asking.
>>
>class
Fucking autocorrect.

I meant claws. But I guess etiquette could also be taught to wolverine
>>
>>83513535
Have you ever read Weapon X? Because that's exactly the idea. The bone claws were a much later retcon.
>>
>>83513584
I don't recall them saying they literally gave him the claws in the comic. Pugh the films have likely coloured my memory of it.
>>
It's kind of fun reading old Wolverine to see the evolution of his character.
Like he was pretty basic when he showed up in Hulk, and then when he gets to X-Men, his healing power was more along the lines of pure hardiness and he'd say shit like "I'll be alright in like a week" when appearing to just be bruised up or hit by energy beams or whatever, none of the consequenceless gore you see later. When he faces Magneto for the first time he gets tossed around by his claws alone and there's no mention of the skeleton or anything.
>>
>>83513623
It's kept ambiguous but the notice a runoff of Adamantium to his forearms not in the original plans. When the scientist in charge calls his shadowy employers, they inform him they added something to the procedure and it was above his need-to-know.
>>
>>83514098
I remember Claremont saying in an old interview that the original plan was that it would be revealed later down the line that Apocalypse was behind the whole Weapon X thing. Something about how he was using the Weapon X program to create his ultimate weapon. (Yeah, I know Barry Windsor-Smith wrote Weapon X, but this was during the time when Bob Harras was obsessed about tying everything in the X-books together).

Of course, this subplot got all sorts of waylaid when Claremont and Louise Simonson quit and Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio left to form Image Comics.

Elements of the original plan did get reused when they had that story where Wolverine got his adamantium back when Apocalypse made him a Horseman back in 2000.

Brian Cronin has a pretty good retrospective on the whole bone claws issue, tracing when it became a thing:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2014/10/12/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-are-wolverines-claws-part-of-his-mutation-or-what/

The whole bone claw thing is on pretty shaky ground, in my opinion, given how many times Claremont explicitly stated that Wolverine's claws are not a part of his mutant power set. But hey, that's retcons for you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.