[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: X-Men-main.jpg (992 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-main.jpg
992 KB, 940x529
What's you favourite run on X-Men? Morrison? Claremont? Gillen? Aaron?
>>
File: New X-Men.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
New X-Men.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>83512039
Morrison hands down
>>
>>83512039
Claremont for classic, Gillen for modern
>>
File: claremont.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
claremont.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>83512039

Claremont
>>
>>83512039
Gillen, Fraction and Whedon, because muh first X-comic.
Who in their right mind would pick Aaron?
>>
>>83512039
Morrison>Claremont>Whedon = Gillen>>>Everything else.
>>
Claremont.

If I was writing I would take some things from Morrison, Gillen, Aaron and Claremont.
>>
>>83512039
Bendis
>>
>>83512039
The first ten years or so of Claremont, Uncanny X-Men #94–#201. The writing becomes spottier after that because of the increased involvement of editorial and the need to accommodate the marketing mandate that the X-Men titles have a yearly crossover event.
>>
File: bendis1.jpg (177 KB, 518x810) Image search: [Google]
bendis1.jpg
177 KB, 518x810
>>83513018
This.
>>
Claremont and Whedon.
>>
Reading claremont right now actually, issue 105, we almost dark phoenix saga.

I like the bantz between wolverine and colossus
>>
>>83512653
Pretty much this famalama
>>
File: roguegreatest7.jpg (74 KB, 400x612) Image search: [Google]
roguegreatest7.jpg
74 KB, 400x612
>>83512039
Morrison. Claremont had higher highs but also some horrible lows. It's pretty forgotten but I also enjoyed Mike Carey's run on the book.

And then at the bottom of the barrel, actually underneath the barrel and buried several miles below the surface, would be Austen.
>>
>>83512039
You mean THE X-MEN?
In that case mostly Claremont and Gillen's Uncanny.
I have a lot of respect for Morrison's work, but it's not my personal favourite.

If we're talking X-books in general, Peter David's X-Factor is probably my favourite. Zeb Wells had a cool run on New Mutants and Kyle/Yost did a great job of [s]ruining[/s] improving DeFillips/Weir's New X-Men.
>>
>>83517113
Seconding PAD's X-Factor. One of the best gut-punch endings to a comic book I've ever read.
>>
>>83517113
>>83517760
Why doesn't Marvel produce more X-Factor by Peter David Ultimate Collections? I know sales, but c'mon, Marvel. You start something, you better finish it!

If you print it in ultimate collection, they will come.
>>
>>83512039
Claremont is the One True God of the X-Men and anyone claming otherwise is objectively wrong.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.