[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never read any old X-men comics. Only seen cartoons, movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I have never read any old X-men comics. Only seen cartoons, movies, and read some X-force.

Is Mystique ever supposed to be such a prominent character like she is in the newer movies?
>>
>>83478692
Not usually, though I would put her on the second tier below guys like Magneto and Apocalypse. She's had moments in the spotlight, even her own ongoing for a minute, but most of her prominence comes from the characters she's associated with like Nightcrawler and Rogue.

She's focused on hard in the movies because Fox lucked into getting Jennifer Lawrence before her popularity exploded, so they kept increasing her role more and more.
>>
>>83478692
No
>>
she is a terrorist/revolutionary, the mother of Nightcrawler, and the adoptive mother of Rogue.
Sometimes she becomes good, but she always betrays everybody when they think she has become an x-men.

she is quite prominent.but Hero Mystique is a movie thing.
>>
She's a prominent villain character but not a prominent character among the entire franchise
>>
>>83478763

Who are nightcrawlers parents even
>>
>>83478842

I mean in the movies
>>
>>83478842
mystique and a demon
>>
>>83478889
Azazel
>>
>>83478882
I think it was said at some point in X3 that her mother tried to kill her as a child.
>>
Nah, she's been getting a heavy dose of what can only be waifavouritism.

As it should be she should be a treacherous backstabbing bitch but more than anything she should be a secondary character defined more by her role in relation to more important characters like Nightcrawler or Rogue or Magneato
>>
>>83478763
She ran Freedom Force and iirc she is the crimelord of an entire island nation.
>>
In the comics she has had very little interaction with Magneto as well. So she isn't some follower or partner of his.
>>
>>83478692
Shes the second leader of the Brotherhood in the comics, but it seems like in the movies shes the intermediate between Prof. X and Magneto.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.