[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i-is he gonna be okay, guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: amelltmnt.jpg (32 KB, 490x138) Image search: [Google]
amelltmnt.jpg
32 KB, 490x138
i-is he gonna be okay, guys?
>>
He's gonna be JUUUUUUUUUUUST
fine, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 374x250
I feel bad for laughing cause he seems like such a nice guy.
>>
he'll do great, just look at the wonders tmnt did for megan fox. she had a whole 7 episode guest spot on new girl in the two years between tmnt 1 and 2. amell's career is going to explode now.
>>
>Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is gaining strength bit by bit in the wake of that A- CinemaScore, but not enough to scream “Cowabunga!” as this sequel cost a reported $135M before P&A. Current industry estimates show TMNT2 coming in with a $12.4M Friday and an opening weekend of $33.7M at 4,071 theaters.

>I heard yesterday that TMNT2 was originally tracking at $49M on NRG three weeks ago and since then, its projection tanked. Some attribute this swing to broken tracking models; they tend to have the pulse on TV ads, but fail to take into account the social media vibe (That said other tracking firms tell me they take all factors into account when forecasting).

>Others blame TMNT2‘s sequelitis on Paramount’s decision to change-up its target audience. When the studio rebooted the franchise two years ago, they executed a perfectly calibrated campaign that would appeal to Generations X and Y nostalgia for the brand. That pulled in 55% over 25. This time the studio focused on kids, and 52% under 25 and 40% under 18 showed up. Still, we’re looking at lower ticket sales here. iSpot.TV shows that Paramount shelled out an estimated $28.3M on television ads, with heavy spends on such Nickelodeon kid shows as SpongeBob SquarePants, The Thundermans and Henry Danger. Let’s not forget that the Melrose Lot also spent at least $5M on a Super Bowl spot for TMNT2.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-me-before-you-pop-star-weekend-box-office-1201766674/
>>
He's the most monotone, no note actor I've ever seen.
>>
>>83475922
>Johns called his show shit
>Not even the Star of his own show
>Error is going down the drain
>his last hope is following
JUST
>>
>>83476317
>Johns called his show shit
Source?
>>
>>83476375
probably this

>“Let’s say you’ve been given the position of writing Green Arrow from scratch,” he posits, rhetorically. “Clean slate. You might say, ‘Okay, I’m going to write this new character,’ and when someone says, ‘Well, what about Black Canary,’ you might say… ‘nope.’ That means you completely misunderstand these characters.”
>>
File: SAfb.jpg (202 KB, 490x678) Image search: [Google]
SAfb.jpg
202 KB, 490x678
>You know what I also love? When someone posts a meme that pokes fun at Arrow. Seriously. A lot of them are hilarious. Maybe one day I'll run a bizarro Meme Monday just for those.

>There does seem to be something that everyone is missing though. Or maybe misinterpreting... I don't take any of this stuff personally. Concurrently, an infinitesimal amount of dislike is actually directed at the way I conduct myself as a human.

>Keep the love coming. Keep the sarcastic questions about me being a guest star on my own show coming. I love them both. And I love you, Facebook. I always will. SA

poor guy, he's such a bro. i feel really bad for him.
>>
>>83475922
I haven't seen the new TMNT but from the trailers he looks like the most bland uninteresting Casey I've ever seen
>>
File: 1461478143581.jpg (37 KB, 701x392) Image search: [Google]
1461478143581.jpg
37 KB, 701x392
>>83475922
>i-is he gonna be okay, guys?
He'll always have a job as long as the star of Arrow thinks he's useful for plot.
>>
Just in human form
>>
>>83476693
Fans should be attacking Guggenheim and Mericle, not Amell. It's not his fault the show is such garbage.
>>
>>83476442
Source?
>>
Oh man... Steve needs a hug.
>>
>>83477239
https://www.inverse.com/article/15892-dc-comics-and-film-s-boss-geoff-johns-lays-out-the-company-s-path-forward
>>
>>83475922
I loved TMNT2. He was one of the things I liked least about it.
>>
>>83476220
The stupid thing is, TMNT2 is a love-letter to fans of the 80s/90s show.

I grew up with the show, I loved the movie.
>>
>>83477359
Nostalgia doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>83475922
He wants to escape Arrow as soon as possible. His greatest fear is that Arrow will become the next Smallville and run for 10 seasons.
>>
>>83477771
>He wants to escape Arrow as soon as possible
He's contractually obligated to be in the show until 2019, assuming it lasts that long.
>>
>>83477771
>He wants to escape Arrow as soon as possible
This is so depressing considering how much he seemed to care about the show in earlier seasons.
>>
>>83477872
You can buy out a contract.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (43 KB, 619x419) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
43 KB, 619x419
>>83477771
>>83477872
>>83477920
We all know who is to blame here...
>>
File: uncle guggie.jpg (6 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
uncle guggie.jpg
6 KB, 206x245
>>83477981
No. She's merely a puppet for the real big bad.
>>
>>83478034
He truly is DC's Bendis
>>
>>83478034
That's what he looks like? And compared to how the head writer looks like no winder they celebrate the fact they get into fights about who gets to write their fucking self insert.
>>
>>83478066
Funnily enough he writes the Agents of SHIELD comic for Marvel. Bit strange.
>>
>>83478697
His wife did the Agent Carter TV show and is writing Captain Marvel's book I think. Not that weird.

But you have to wonder if maybe that's why Johns started shitting on him.
>>
>>83477397

I wouldn't call Out of the Shadows good but it's campy, over the top, and a ton of fun.

I had a good time even if the movie wasn't really all that great in general and pretty unfaithful when it comes to Casey.
>>
>>83478034
What if he's an agent of the Gentry?
>>
>>83477277
Pretty sure he was talking about nu52. Probably means he dislikes the show as well but hey, who could blame him
>>
>>83475922
Meh, dude's bad at his job and is in shitty projects. Seems like a cool dude, but he's had his chance.
>>
File: take_me_marvel.jpg (38 KB, 727x511) Image search: [Google]
take_me_marvel.jpg
38 KB, 727x511
>>83475922
>>
>>83480032
It's both. Like how his "people took the wrong things from Watchmen" stuff can be seen as anti-Z Snyder even though it's primarily a comics thing.
>>
>>83480049
Yeah, agreed. He seems nice, but he's also a shitty actor.
>>
>>83478697
Kevin Tancharoen is the brother of one of the AoS's showrunners.

He's by a large margin their best rotation director (most of the fighting episodes are directed by him, including this season's finale) and he's directed the second to last Arrow episode.

For the difference to be so big, Arrow must be running on a shoestring budget. The writing and the lighting and the sets are all very fucking weak.
>>
>>83475922
I would but I'm done with Bay.
>>
>>83480563
I'm done with Summer Blockbuster Bay. Pain & Gain Bay is fine.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.