[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the writers of Spongebob sometimes legitimately forget that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: having a bath underwater.jpg (52 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
having a bath underwater.jpg
52 KB, 512x384
Did the writers of Spongebob sometimes legitimately forget that it was set underwater?
>>
That's just oils
>>
>>83456906
Nah, it's just an absurd cartoon.

That's part of the humour.
>>
It just would have been annoying to write around.
>>
>>83456906
>Did the writers of Spongebob sometimes legitimately forget that it was set underwater?

thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>83456906
It adds another layer to the comedy to disregard this fact.
>>
>>83456958
This
>>
It makes me miss those season 1 episodes set around an aquatic theme, like the hooks episode or the rock bottom episode. Even the beach was just goo on the seabed. Or mythological stuff like Neptune existing.

It made the world feel more alive. It was like, lore, but silly lore that worked.
>>
>>83456906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FB0aeb-TPs
>>
File: image.png (242 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
image.png
242 KB, 480x368
>>83456906
Underwater fires are a real thing
>>
>>83456906
They likely don't care, setting it under water isn't actually important.
But just so you know, there's water under water.
>>
You're not allowed to question cartoon logic.
>>
File: underwater-river-in-mexico_6.jpg (34 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
underwater-river-in-mexico_6.jpg
34 KB, 600x395
>>83457068
I know, it's called brine.
>>
>>83457007
>SpongeBob lore

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some pitch bible thing that has something close to that considering how patrician the soundtrack is.
>>
>>83457193
>considering how patrician the soundtrack is.
The ost is 95% stock music (from the same company used by Ren and Stimpy and Camp Lazlo)
>>
>>83457193
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:97613
>>
>>83457147
ahh!
>>
I miss when Spongebob was a more varied character rather than being exclusively a destructive retard.
>>
>>83457193
I remember Hillenburg stating he wanted a decidedly "nautical" look to the show, choosing to have buildings be made out of wooden planks or old metal, and having all the cars be boats.
>>
>>83456906
Very early on in Spongebob's existence(I mean, 1999), there'd be bumpers on nicktoons that did little facts and trivia and questions about the show that was airing. One of them was a clip of Spongebob asking how characters can take a bath if they're already underwater. They lampshaded it by saying they just sit in a tub and rub soap on themselves.
>>
>>83457147
>welcome_to _goo_lagoon.jpg
>>
Apparently they don't get the concept of being underwater.

Ah well, better throw it on the fire.
>>
>>83456906
>he doesn't know about underwater rivers
>>
>>83461151
Hey, if we're underwater, how can there be a
>>
>>83456934
This. It must be something similar like oil.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.