[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Thor will never be this good again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13
File: best thor.jpg (103 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
best thor.jpg
103 KB, 500x707
>Thor will never be this good again
>>
Did you mean to post a picture from Simonson's run? Because that was clearly the peak for the character, even JMS' run is better than God of thunder despite being cut short
>>
>>83454051
Is this the one where he fought Space Atheist?
>>
I feel like the current arc fits right in with that early Aaron stuff just without the Ribic art

and best Thor is Simonson
>>
I think what OP is trying to say is that even though God of Thunder may have been a low epoch in Thor stories, Marvel's current tumblr-pandering SJW agenda pushing direction ensures that even that middling level of quality is something we will not ever see again in a Thor title. It will be feminist trash with Whor for the foreseeable future; all of it insipid garbage that will make us long for even the mediocrity of God of Thunder.
>>
>>83454305
>>83454186
>best Thor is Simonson
Character-wise yes. I just love how Ribic draw Thor and it all went downhill after God butcher/Bomb.
>>
>>83454051
I was just looking at the Comic book Girl 19 'look at' for this run, There were so many things I enjoyed about this comic that it's actually fun to see other people be wowed by it.

I feel the the God Butcher Arc is film worthy, it has world building, constantly hooks you with the clever way the story is told and it's mostly isolated from the other avengers. Also Duel Wielding Mjolnir
>>
>>83455825
I saw that video and it made me re-read it.It's not the best Thor story but its the best recent one.
>>
>>83455825
gee thor, how come odin lets you have TWO mjolnirs?
>>
I really liked the past/present/future story lines started in the God Butcher arc.

Thor is a very different characters from many heroes, you can do a lot of different stuff with him but a lot of his stories are kinda disappointing.

Oh wait, they all are now because he's basically gone.
>>
>>83454417
When the sales drop, the old Thor will come back. He'll probably be back in time for the next movie, actually.
>>
>>83454417

At least Simonson writes a good Thor story called Ragnarök.
>>
Why does /co/ hate the god butcher arc so much? I thought it was really good. I haven't read much else with the character though. Even if Simonson is as good as people say, that doesn't automatically make this one bad, does it?
>>
>>83456539
Most people don't, acting like a fag is the best way to get people in a thread.
>>
>Whor is gonna fight Annihilus
>Whor's Feminism powers are what will help her beat him until a macguffin comes into play

How did the fight go when Thor fought Annihilus? I remember seeing a cover of those two fighting in an old Thor issue.
>>
>>83454051
>Thor
>Good

You almost fooled me
>>
>>83456539
It's not that it's bad, but heavily overrated. Aaron really got carried by Ribic's art considering he continued writing God of Thunder past the first 2 arcs and the rest of the run is mediocre by comparison.
>>
>>83457183
This one to be exact.
>>
>>83454439
i would probably read anything with ribic art desu senpai.
>>
has anyone read Thor: Vikings, by Garth Ennis?
I love Ennis but him doing Thor sound weird...
is it any good?
>>
>>83454051
>the guy who made one of the best thors in recent memory is responsible for the worst one in recent memory

I haven't seen someone sabotage their own writing credibility this bad since Slott did Dying Wish.
>>
>>83458277
It's very gruesome, basically real vikings come and fuck up new york and thor has to try and stop them, Dr strange even pops up and he's amazing
>>
Thor's over. As far as I can tell it's on hiatus and the thing they're running with now is just to kill some time.

My guess is they ran out of ideas.
>>
File: 1455992735909.jpg (1 MB, 1952x1500) Image search: [Google]
1455992735909.jpg
1 MB, 1952x1500
I wish Oeming came back....
>>
could thor sit on his hammer in mid air?
>>
File: aaron comeback.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
aaron comeback.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>83457305
I didnt cared for secret wars.
>>83457265
Because those arcs weren't HYPE
second arc started off good with thor building a party then it got boring and ended with an asspull.the last part was a captain earth episode. God saga was fun there was a lot of moments,world moments and good fights.
>all because Ribic art
nah
>>
>>83455996
>>83455977
>>83455825

I will never not laugh at old thor telling thor to hit it with hammers

also OBISIDIBLACK THE NECRO-BLADE is hilariously good

fuck anyone who didn't like this arc, it was fun as fuck
>>
File: thors vs gorr.jpg (596 KB, 1950x1499) Image search: [Google]
thors vs gorr.jpg
596 KB, 1950x1499
>>83459242
I agree.
>>
>>83459242
Don't you mean METAL as fuck!?
>>
>>83454186
Gorr saga > Simonson's run.
>>
>>83454051
>>83454051
>the same man that gives us one of the best Thor runs also gives us the worst oneone

Like pottery
>>
>>83459242
Allblack the necrosword
>>
Why doesn't Thor have a longer handle on his hammer?

Like make it a warhammer type thing
>>
>>83457183
>Annihilus has gone from being "worst case scenario" to "better use him to make our hero look great"

Take a seat next to Apocalypse, Thanos, Darkseid, and Abomination, sir.
>>
File: 1457674567655.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1457674567655.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>83460107
I mean, like, you're free to your own opinion, but c'mon son.
>>
>>83460338
pre-mjolnir Thor do it>>83459901
>>83460107
I really like the Saga but this has to be a bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 1298x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 1298x1920
>>83454305
Simonson's run is great- up until around the time Sal Buscema takes over on art.
The Kirby run starts off kind of lackluster, but ramps up to some awesome shit later on.
I don't know which one is best, and I own floppies and reprints of both, but I somewhat prefer Kirby.

I didn't think much of Godbutcher one way or the other, and found the rest of the run boring. I got off during the Dark Elf shit. That was pretty much when I gave up on modern Marvel, actually.
>>
>>83459130
Thor: God of bros
>>
>>83460284
The annihiliblade
>>
God Butcher was good but not the best. It would be a great story to adopt into a movie though
>>
Recommended Reads?

I know nothing about thor beyond his appearances in other media
>>
There isn't an inherent problem with Whor being a woman or hell even using 'feminism' as a motivator, especially since Jane has always lived in the shadow of a literal god.

It's just feminism isn't a motivator in the comic, it's a trump card.
>>
File: best whor.jpg (367 KB, 900x1374) Image search: [Google]
best whor.jpg
367 KB, 900x1374
>>83461065
I really liked that story and the one when Thor has to take care of his pet. I wonder how would have been the rest of the run if he had more time to come-up with new characters and story. I liked Thor party but didnt cared at all for the Dark Elf and the Galactus/SHIELD stuff was a snorefest.
>>83461706
>There isn't an inherent problem with Whor being a woman
there isnt but Aaron just doesnt give a shit anymore. Whor already existed in the past and it was better than that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.