[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was pretty fucking sweet. Are the other's Martin's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
This was pretty fucking sweet.
Are the other's Martin's adaptations as colofrul and worth as this?
>>
The other hedge knight comic is but the GoT comics aren't as good because they can only do about two chapters per comic so it drags
>>
>>83445107
No, sadly the art is shit on most of them.
>>
"A Game of Thrones prequel." Bullshit. There's a couple of Hedge Knight short stories he did, long before the show came out.
>>
>>83445107
>>83445213
What even is a hedge knight, he never explained it in the books
>>
>>83445273
Basically Martin's westernised version of a Ronin. A poor, masterless knight wandering the land trying to make a living as a mercenary, jouster, or bandit.
>>
>>83445433
Ah, alright.
>>
>>83445273
>>83445433

the most annoying thing about grrm is shit like that where he just uses new/different words for stuff we have. Ser vs Sir is the biggest one.

it's not like bad, just annoying af
>>
>>83446313
Yeah I noticed that.
>>
>>83445213
A Game of Thrones is the name of the first book. It is a prequel to that. The show has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>83445107
Damn, this is a pain to find.
>>
>>83446313
I assumed "Ser" was an old medieval spelling or something. Dragon Age uses it too.
>>
GRRM didn't make up Ser or Hedge Knight. Ser is the Middle English spelling, it's just Sir and pretty obviously so. Hedge Knight has already been explained but it's a historical term and would still be familiar to most fantasy readers through analogy to the still semi-popular hedgewitch/wizard.
>>
>>83446313
You'd like them to be actually called "ronin" in WESTeros?
>>
>>83445107
>prequel
I think Game of Thrones is gonna be like Star Wars. It started off great, with great books and a few great seasons. Right now it's becoming more bland, simpler storylines, more CGI and actors, more shock value and who knows what season 7 will bring. Then there'll be books, comics and games coming out as prequels and sequels, and subplots that don't add anything. Then in a decade they'll reset it all and get back to their roots, with the New Canon and the All New All Different Game Of Thrones Deluxe® Special! As long as they can keep making money off of it they'll release things
>>
>>83448186
isnt a hedge knight a common term on fantasy novels?

basically a knight with no lands. im pretty sure its an actuall term too.
>>
>>83448229

GRRM has said he doesn't want GOT/ASOIAF stuff out not by him.

>>83448726

Yeah it is. I just jumped on it to bitch about one of the guys tics.
>>
>>83445433
>He doesn't know what a Knight Errant was
>>
>>83447359
Yeah, I know right?

Anyone help a brother out?
>>
i really dont understand why people are getting up on GRRMS grill on using the real world as references.

Worse stories have made and remade real worlds to make a short hand of what they want to tell.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.