[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is civil war II worse than the first one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 2
File: 56f05709c9222.jpg (116 KB, 565x850) Image search: [Google]
56f05709c9222.jpg
116 KB, 565x850
Is civil war II worse than the first one?
>>
>>83445048
the moral dilema in this one makes more sense at least, but once again I don't understand why they can't just compromise. Instead of preemptively arresting people in the visions, why not just prepare for the event or surveil those involved?
>>
>>83445087
There's no moral dilemma
Carol just wants to use Ulysses to stop other events like the Celestial and Thanos. She doesn't want to abuse him to stop pretty criminals
You could make an argument that it may lead to that, but theres nothing wrong with what she wants to do now.
I get Tony's mad that his friend died, but knowing where Thanos would be didn't kill him
>>
It's not finished yet, but they're both extremely stupid stories with good tie-ins.
>>
>>83445048
How an event with THANOS KILLING MISSILES be bad anon, you're talking crazy :^)
>>
>>83445048
Yeah. I didn't think it was possible, but Bendis found a way
>>
>>83445308
Are there any tie-ins for CW2 yet?
>>
I think they're setting Tony up to be the bad guy again.

>foreshadowing that Rhodey's death was his fault because he gave him outdated tech
>his arguments make sense from a certain POV, but he's obviously overreacting for emotional reasons
>he's being mad at the wrong people for the wrong reasons while everyone is still mourning/recovering
>>
>>83445261
>>83445087
What gets me is that it's not like Ulysses is a computer just pumping out visions. He only seems to have a few every day, it wouldn't waste too many resources just to be prepared.
>>
>>83445087
No, it makes far less sense.

Carol and her 'team' have done nothing untoward, all they did was stop Thanos like any other group of superheroes would.
Replace the plot device seer man with any other source giving them a tip off like a radar station or other heroes, it makes no difference.

Tony is just sperging out like this was the end of Captain America: Civil War because his friend has died and he's lashing out. His friend died in their extremely dangerous line of work they undertake every day just like he could have done during any other superfight.
Him screaming I TOLD YOU SO at everyone makes no sense because the events have nothing to do with the previous points he was making at the discussion at the party.
>>
>>83445355
So far, he's only predicted potentially world-ending events
>>
>>83445048
First one started off in the edgiest way possible.
>lel let's bomb 300 children, that's mature right?
Second one seems better so far.
>>
>>83445353
>foreshadowing that Rhodey's death was his fault because he gave him outdated tech
The worst part is that this is complete nonsense, the Warmachine armor has been rebuilt multiple times by people with high tech-resources. It is in no way the same stock suit he originally slapped on all those years ago.

Of course, Bendis....
>>
I wonder why the best girls of A-Force seem to be going against Carol then?
Blaming her for She-Hulk? Medusa and Carol trying to get Singularity?

Man this is going to be such a shitshow, no wonder Loki gets to run for president. He probably promises to reign in these retarded people that call themselves heroes but are too busy fighting themselves.
>>
>>83445424
Not defending Millar or his edge, but 300 kids dying seems like a much better catalyst to spark a fight rather than what happened in CW2
>Thanos killed my friend, so now I'm mad at Carol and the Inhumans!
>>
>>83445349
There was a Ultimates prelude that did a good job of explaining why Carol's freaking out about the future and why Thanos had guns. Ewing's playing continuity clean-up.
>>
I'm pretty much a DC guy, but when Marvel does a big event, I can usually know what the event is about through osmosis alone.

I have no fucking idea what has sparked Civil War 2?

No one seems to be talking about this so can one explain what caused this?
>>
>>83445504
That's not the real fight. The war doesn't actually start until a hero (Clint) kills another hero (Hulk) to prevent a disaster. This starts in issue 5 of 7.
>>
>>83445459
>Loki gets to run for president
oh shit this is going to be the best kind of train wreck
>>
>>83445504
I think being mad at the Inhumans is just a subconscious thing these days.
>>
>>83445524
I don't need an explanation for why Carol wants to pre-emptively stop cosmic threats like Thanos and Celestials, but what is the reason for Thanos using guns?
>>
>>83445562
Tony Stark is being a big fucking baby because his black friend is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
>>
>>83445569
And it's written by McNinja himself!
>>
>>83445562
inhuman can predict the future, warmachine dies because they acted on said prediction, iron man gets his panties in a twist because he didnt want people listening to the predictions.
>>
>>83445571
In the real world, yes, but in Marvel they're the second coming her to save us from the mutants
>>
>>83445574
He wrecked a Shi'ar space station and one of the soldiers had them. Before he started wrecking things, he overheard them talking about the cosmic cube on Earth, thus giving him his motivation.
>>
>>83445583
You'd think Carol would be, considering she was fucking Rhodey.
>>
>>83445602
How does that cause a civil war? Also, Warmachine is in the cover.
>>
>>83445574
buy The Ultimates to find out!
>>
>>83445608
Doesn't explain why he used guns.
He can cause way more mayhem than any gun can, plus he's said he hates using them.
>>
>>83445566
>Call event Civil War 2
>the actual war doesn't start until half the issues in.
Good job. I'd rather read Rebirth then.
>>
>>83445627
>How does that cause a civil war?
tony acts like a retard
>Warmachine is in the cover.
He already is dead, issue one mate.
>>
>>83445569
Tom King was supposed to write this.
>>
>>83445605
I'm pretty sure Tony would rather have his Muties back than spend even five minutes of talking with Medusa.
Not that I could blame him. Medusa is the biggest of cunts there is.
>>
>>83445650
AXIS didn't start until 4 issues in
The war part in Secret Wars didn't start until like 5
>>
>>83445658
So that's it? Warmachine dies and that causes Civil War?

That's fucking lame.
>>
>>83445608
But he literally destroyed that space station and every soldier on it with his bare hands?
>>
>>83445690
Didn't he say the toast for the Inhumans?
You're definitely right about Medusa, though. Nova telling her to fuck off was one of my favorite parts of Thanos Imperative
>>
>>83445700
Warmanchine and She-Hulk.
And supposedly Carol interprets She-Hulk's last words all wrong. Add to that Tony being assblasted.
I think this will go as follows: Tony starts out unreasonable but cools off while Carol (who does have Captain Hydra on her side) is getting more and more unreasonable as it goes on.
Shit all I can think of is how this is all just one big set up for the future to get Carol mindwiped again just in time for the movie and if the movie proofs to be popular they can just copy and paste her personality from there.

>>83445459
You're forgetting that Kamala also is giving her the finger.
>>
>>83445724
He stopped to talk to the guy about the cosmic cube.
>>
>>83445261
Carol accepts this at face value?

If I possessed mind & time gems I'd have no troubled creating a false prophet to to sow discord among earth's heroes.

Also, I would not bring mere c-listers to a Thanos party.
>>
>>83445775
One more thing, why does is new physic so important?

Can't pretty much every magic user in the Marvel universe predict the future?

Can't Scarlett Witch predict the future?
>>
ITT: People unironically defend CWI & II
Bendis, pls go.
>>
>>83445791
Considering he's been right both times, why shouldnt she?
I don't even like Carol, but there's no arguing with what she wants to do, at least right now.
>>
>>83445791
She brings the fucking ultimates, stop this c-lister shit, yes there were a lot of lower powerlevels there but the core team was made of planet busters.
>>
>>83445838
And they hung back and did nothing while their opening salvo was Medusa and War Machine.
>>
>>83445818
He's an Inhuman, so he automatically matters more than them
Also, he's immune to telepathy or something
>>
File: 1.jpg (138 KB, 900x799) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
138 KB, 900x799
>>83445778
Yeah, but the point is it clearly establishes that Thanos' mighty hands >>> Shi'iar space station and small arms.
>>
>>83445834
This doesn't seem too good to be true to you?

Ulysses's mind was a blank. This just screams major set up to me.
>>
>>83445860
So just a run of the mill X-Men psychic just with an Inhuman coating. Jeez, they aren't even trying.
Too bad Inhumans will never be a movie thing.
>>
>>83445791
Popularity ranking has nothing to do with power levels.

And you are whining about the Avengers having normal people on it? Hawkeye and Captain America would never leave the base in that case.
>>
>>83445641
He had previously just ripped the universe open and walked back into existence so I think he's supposed to be weakened
>>
>>83445899
I like the theory that Jean's "Mind Hive" bullshit actually worked better than she thought instead of not working at all, and the whole event is taking place inside Ulysses' vision.
>>
Has there ever been a more contrived set-up to an event ever?
>>
>>83445818
Because Bendis
>>
>>83445838
Planet Busters who suck.

I'd want any available X Men, Dr. Strange, Top Tier experienced Avengers, Eternals. I wouldn't settle for the tumblr Hashtag brigade.
>>
>>83445914
>Too bad Inhumans will never be a movie thing.
Since the movie doesn't get made, why won't they just give them up and spare us the bullshit?
>>
>>83445791
Well his warnings have been completely accurate so far. They managed to banish the nonsense random celestial doomsday that appeared and stop Thanos from stealing a Cosmic Cube.

Not acting on the psychic warnings would have ended pretty badly for the planet.
>>
>>83445955
Why would you like a story that just proves itself to be a meanless dream?
>>
>>83445921
Cap has Leadership & tactics skills. "Jenn, get over there! Rhodes, fire down at Thanos not at us!"

I'll give you Hawkeye. I never mourn his passing(s).
>>
>>83445963
Too far in and can't possibly use the X-Man to promot the Fox movies, even though they are getting a cut from those too.
But who knows what's in a year or two? Might be that the Inhumans fuck off again when Marvel finally realizes no one wants Medusa's daily bitchfest as an ongoing.

>>83445967
Inb4 he's actually a reality warper and creates all these incidents to manipulate them all.
>>
>>83446010
Because it's a shit story.
>>
>>83445955
So you mean Breaking Dawn part 2?
>>
Why is Matt Murdock/Daredevil even on Tony Stark's side? How does this make sense?
>>
>>83445967
Precognition is nothing new or unique to the MU. Why aren't other getting similar reads?

I don't have blind faith in an totally new rookie.
>>
>>83446067
I've never seen Breaking Dawn, but sure, if that works for you.
>>
>>83446068
Because he can sense that Ulysses is a liar. How's that?
>>
>>83446068
We don't know, because nobody actually picked sides yet.
>>
>>83445899
The solits already say the true nature of his powers get revealed in chapter 5. There is some type of catch.
>>
>Civil War
>Civil War: Mutie Version
>Civil War Against Muties
>Civil War II

Can we kill the idea please?
>>
>>83446451
who else would they fight, villains?
>>
>>83446451
But it's hard to make original ideas.
>>
>>83446068
He has a popular netflix show, Bendis likes him, and Tony is being pushed as right and the new face of marvel.

Carol's side is literally filled with characters that Bendis doesn't give a fuck about.
>>
>>83445353
didn't the ultimates accidentally freed Thanos from a limbo?

or was other villain?
>>
>>83446474
>Heroes fighting villains.
Pfft, like that would ever happen.
>>
>>83446451
"Two heroes meet and then they fight" is an old Marvel tradition, contrasted with "two heroes meet and they become the best of pals" at DC until they started copying Marvel.
>>
>>83446548
Bendis is such a twat, I hate it when writers blatantly have 'pet' characters they fawn upon at the expense of the story,

And conversely characters they shit on just because they personally dislike them. Like those two writers one doing Punisher and the other Wolverine that were having a personal spat and thus attacked each other through the characters in a dumb and petty fashion.
>>
>>83446626
>Like those two writers one doing Punisher and the other Wolverine that were having a personal spat and thus attacked each other through the characters in a dumb and petty fashion.
Who were these writers?
>>
>>83446553
Yes, but it lasted like an issue before they straightened things out.

Civil War started the gigantic crossovers based on two large groups of heroes fighting each other over some 'deep' issue. And its trash.
>>
>>83446553
Its gone beyond "two heroes meet and then they fight"

Now its just "two groups of heroes stop being heroes in a terribly written character derailing story where they pointlessly punch each other and bitch instead of saving the day"
>>
>>83446670
Garth Ennis hates superheroes so he wrote a Punisher comic where Wolverine was a parody of himself, got his face blown off, his kneecaps chainsawed, and run over by a steamroller. Frank Tieri was the Wolverine solo writer at the time and a fanboy, so he wrote an issue where he beat Frank and then discovered a bunch of nude men's magazines in his bag, suggesting that Castle is gay.
>>
>>83446728
Wow, that is some petty shit. Keep the office drama away comics.
>>
>>83446728
Ennis is a dumb cunt sometimes, his blinding hatred of superheroes and pointless need to be edgy is tiresome.

Don't even know who Tieri is.
>>
>>83446777
Tieri's just another one of those mediocre writers good at turning stuff in on time.
>>
>>83446777
When I go back and reread Preacher now, the worst parts for me are whenever it actually gets... well, preachy. It's always painfully obvious too, just an extreme closeup on Jesse's face with a wall of text that amounts to "I don't like thing, what I say is the way it ought to be, and if you don't like it, well fuck you."

I think all the crazy violence works fine for the equally crazy story, but man those parts were just jarring. Or maybe it's fitting for a guy whose power is telling people what to do.
>>
>>83446777
Tieri's just a pathetic human being who has never once written a good comic. At least karma seems to have caught up with him. I went to a con last week and was talking to Yanick Paquette (who had a small sized crowd gathered around to listen to him talk about Wonder Woman) and Tieri's booth was next to him and the guy sat there the whole time kinda scowling as not once did I see someone walk up to talk to him or get something signed.
>>
>>83445048
So far, no. But it still has the potential to be worse, and knowing Bendis it probably will be.

We'll have to wait and see how they can top extra-dimensional concentration camps.
>>
In two sentences or less, please explain what the setup for CW2 is. Bonus points if you can do so without the use of the word "cuck."
>>
>>83449302
Tony is a cuck

His black manservant got fuckin owned and it made him stroppy
>>
>>83449302
Marvel tries to recapture sales of original Civil War and has Bendis write it. Hilarity ensues.
>>
>>83449302
An Inhuman with the ability to see into the future is discovered, Carol wants to use him to fight crime and arrest people before they do it, and Tony says no.

Also everybody keeps dying in really stupid ways and that influences both Carol and Tony very stupidly.
>>
>>83449752
Honestly Carol hasn't even used him to 'fight crime' yet, she's just used him as an early-warning system for cosmic threats that threaten the entire Earth.

Specifically some sort of random giant Celestial thing with a bunch of human-sized fodder to give the street level heroes something to fight in the splashpage, and then stopping Thanos from stealing a cosmic cube on Earth.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.