[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: civil war 2.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
civil war 2.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
This guy pretty muched summed up the biggest reason why I think Civil War 2 is shit and makes no sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhrKWxY3RBY
>>
File: bendis panels.jpg (663 KB, 1981x1421) Image search: [Google]
bendis panels.jpg
663 KB, 1981x1421
Listen, i really don't want to hate Bendis' work. I usually go in with an open mind and try to enjoy myself but he really has made it hard for me this past couple of years. I enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man, Disassembled, New Avengers and I think the Dark Avengers run was the last time i enjoyed something of his.

Civil War II, from reading issue #0, Comic Book Day Issue and #1 seems to be his shittiest work yet.

I honestly think Marvel as a whole needs fresh blood and a new direction; Bendis' style doesn't cut it anymore.
>>
>>83443606
>27:03
You probably should've put a short list of what he said in the thread
>>
>>83443704
>c Book Day Issue and #1 seems to be his shittiest work yet.
Did you read his X-men?
>>
>>83443708
>Characters make no sense as to why they think how they do
>She Hulk especially is on the wrong team as issues 0 was about her saying they can't lock people up for what they may do in the future
>just a mashing of two character with no reason why they think the way they do

Did say the art was good, and I will give it that.
>>
>>83443730
Yeah. I hated every second of it.
>>
>>83443606
Does he bring up the fact that Tony blaming Ulysses for Rhodey's death and then deciding to take him out makes no sense?
Because that's my biggest problem so far.
>>
>>83443800
Art is pretty good most places, which is typical for Bendis books since he always get the best artists, but there some errors.
I don't care much about Carol holding a champagne glass, but you can tell he forgot to draw clothes on Medusa in that one panel where everyone in the Inhuman palace wakes up
>>
Joke's on you faggot, I don't need anyone tell me all the reasons why CW 2 is shit, the book does a pretty good job at that all by itself.
>>
>>83443606
Made it to 3 minutes where he starts talking about how many great books are being out out by Marvel right now
>Vision
Pretty sure that's cancelled or being cancelled soon
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
I know that got canned a long time ago
>Whor
Lel, no
>ANAD Avengers
That book is total shit
>>
>>83443704
>enjoying Disassembled

Kys
>>
>>83443830
I though he was going to go and attempt to kill thanos. But him showing up where Ulysses is would cause all sorts of drama. Marvil need to hire new people and just have fun with comics again which has been sucked away.
>>
>>83443974
>Moon Knight
>Ant Man
>Ultimates
and only one issue but
>Nighthawk
>>
>>83444031
>Moon Knight
It's ok only, certainly worse than Ellis and Houston runs.

>Ant-Man
Good

>Ultimates
Shit, great art, but the writing is all over the place and it's highly overrated by ewingfags

>Nighthawk
Good
>>
>>83444031
Never read those first 2 cuz I didn't care about them
Read the first issue of ultimates and immediately dropped it.
>>
>>83444002
I was young and impressionable at the time, give me a break.
>>
>>83443830
but MUH RHODEY!
YOU'RE PLAYING GOD!
>>
>>83444142
Moon Knight is one of Marvel's best characters. Think batman with schizophrenia who was "brought back to life by a god". Except he's totally insane so whether he is talking to a god or not...that's something you aren't ever sure of.

I'm a pymfag so even if this isn't him I had to support it and it's fun. It's like Superior Foes of Spiderman but for Ant Man, it's a lot of fun.

Ultimates 1 sucked, it doesn't get good until Ewing goes meta and makes retconning and sliding timescales in universe cannon. so now the Ultimates know that retconning can happen in their universe.
>>
>>83443704

Is the #1 better then the FCBD issue 0? I thought 0 was fucking awful and has put me right off Civil War 2.
>>
>>83444384
#1 is worse than #0
>>
>>83444384
Issue 0 was the one where She Hulk didn't know what entrapment was
FBCD was the one where we saw her take the anti-Thanos missile to the boob
>>
>>83444443
>>83444443
>>83444443
>>83444443
>Issue 0 was the one where She Hulk didn't know what entrapment was

WHAT
>>
>>83444470
She's in a court room trying to defend some guy using entrapment as her case. The definition she gives for entrapment is entirely wrong.
>>
>>83444443
>>83444470
she was explaining it to a jury. not just entrapment but the concept of thought crimes and how they are not something you can charge a person with
>>
>>83443606
>27:03
>Summed up
>>
>>83444493
Entrapment is a law officer enticing someone to commit crimes they wouldn't normally do.
She was defending her client claiming entrapment since he unknowingly confessed to his old crimes or something. Wasn't paying much attention since it was a wall of text by Bendis, but I can tell you that isn't entrapment
>>
>>83444470
No one edits Marvel's scripts any more, do they?
>>
>>83444504
There's a lot wrong with CW2
>>
>>83444490
>>83444493
>>83444555
and on top of that she dies? god damn it bendis
>>
>>83444633
Could be worse.
Could always be worse.
>>
>>83444691
Is that Nova?
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1007x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1007x827
>>83443606
>Marvel is putting out the best stuff they've had in years!
>shows Whor and ANAD Avengers
>>
>>83443800
Did you really need a video from someone else to come to that conclusion? It's a forced movie synergy event written by a shitter that writes everyone out of chracter
>>
>>83444720
That's a door. Get it right.
For real, though, what he did to Nova is way worse than what She Hulk got
>>
>>83444720
Yep, full Nova Force powered Dick Rider, who got his arm cut by Cancerverse Capt's shield who shouldn't even exist, using the cube, which had enough power for one attack but lasted for an entire fight, to become a sentient doorway and sacrifice himself so Quill and Drax can get back to 616
>>
>>83444809
Somehow his decomposed corpse made it back to 616 so Sam could take his helmet
>>
>>83444809
>Thanos is so strong that Dick and pete weren't sure they could hold him off long enough for the universe to die

>Here he is getting shot at while desperately trying to get the cube and iirc he died a couple of times in that fight
>>
>>83443704
>I honestly think Marvel as a whole needs fresh blood and a new direction
There's only so many DC people they can poach, anon.
>>
>>83444867
>then he goes to earth and gets taken out by literally the c-list avengers
>>
>>83444867
Everyone but Nova died in that fight.
Despite seeing everyone die multiple times, he cries because he thinks his death will last for some reason. I guess he gained precognition and could see how much Marvel would refuse to quit with Sam
>>
>>83444968
Don't forget that Gamora is his one true love too
>>
>>83445083
And that he wants kids
And that he thought he could live a normal life after literally becoming addicted to cosmic power
>>
>>83443830
For some reason not a single reviewer I've seen so far has mentioned this blatant piece of bad writing. I've seen people on other forums point it out though.
>>
>>83445083
I dunno, thats dumb but still not as dumb as him pulling a teenage Namorita out of the timestream and start banging her as a grown man multiple years her senior, which was just super skeevy and ultimately pointless overall..
>>
>>83445118
Its certainly the most nonsensical.

Carol hasn't even started doing any Minority Report shit he's meant to be worried about, all her space defense avengers did was step in to stop a major supervillain from getting his hands on a cosmic-powered device, as superheroes normally do, and they managed to capture him though tragically suffered two casualties.

They literally stopped Thanos just as he was about to attack, this isn't like busting into someones home and arresting them because they might give birth to hitler some day.
What was the alternative? Waiting until he actually had the cosmic cube in his hands and had blown up all the scientists?

And now Tony is zooming off to murder/kidnap the kid that had nothing to do with the situation just because he saw it happen.
I mean even if they blew his head off this new guy isn't even the only person with precognition available, they could always just get one of the others.
>>
>>83443606
I don't like that guy, I won't watch the video, give me a tl;dr.
>>
>>83445227
Yeah, as many people have said, what would Tony have done if the intel that Thanos was attacking came from another source but everything else happened the same?
Would Tony blame the source of intel and try to take it out too?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.