[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "DC hires Marvel fans to write superman"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (162 KB, 280x255) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
162 KB, 280x255
>it's a "DC hires Marvel fans to write superman" comic

Or

>it's a "writer who only knows superman through the 1978 film" comic

Which is worse?

PS. I like both the 78 movie and marvel comics
>>
>>83443158
>DC hires internet famous screenwriter with famous dad to write Superman
Or worse of all
>DC hires David Goyer to write Superman
>>
>>83443193
Mmmm this is a hard choice

>writers think superman is boring
>they write him to be even more boring
>>
>>83443158
the first one is worse because it means you're gonna see the same tired ass darkseid shit instead of fun superman stuff
>>
>>83443158
Well thank goodness we now have a gif of Spidey wak-ing off superman.
>>
File: 1300727141159.png (190 KB, 476x355) Image search: [Google]
1300727141159.png
190 KB, 476x355
>>83443193
>casuals don't know that goyer and johns gave us one of the best jsa runs
>>
>>83443158
>it's a "DC hires Marvel fans to write superman" comic
This because Byrne ruined Superman
>>
>>83443445
It's instantly obvious when a marvel fan writes Superman
Darkseid shows up

>geez I gotta write superman? He sucks...OH SHIT KIRBY WROTE AN ISSUE OF JIMMY OLSEN 40 years ago!! Darkseid here we come!!

Eliminating legion of superhero / krypto/ bizarro world ...that's fine. But a few issues of Jimmy Olsen means we get darkseid non stop in superman
>>
>>83443158
Marvel, full stop. Marvel fans legitimately do not understand the concept of heroes. Their shorthand for "relatable" is "alchololic psychopath." Marvel fans are also used to a completely different type of morality than DC; in Marvel it's okay to kill indiscriminately because "we have to make hard choices." They think heroes should be people you fear and don't want to see unless something is wrong, like cops.

At least the movie is an actual Superman story, so they understand the gist of the character.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.