[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143
File: TereziLemonsnout-003938.gif (10 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
TereziLemonsnout-003938.gif
10 KB, 650x450
I've reread Homestuck about 3 times now and I never understood Terezi's character.

>Used to be friends with Vriska until she went psycho, then took revenge on her with the exploding cue ball
>Morbid playful persona obsessed with justice, killed off alt John and Dave and regretted it and cried
>Killed Vriska after deciding she was guilty and regretted it and cried
>Co-dependency problems with Karkat/Dave/Gamzee because of the guilt and depression?
>Morbid playful persona ends up being a faked thing
>Fucks up, starts the retcon
>Puts her emotional co-dependency problems on Vriska instead and is still sad

Did I miss or get anything wrong? Because for the life of me I've been unable to connect to this character and don't get why she's so wildly popular. Someone explain this to me, desu
>>
>>83440950
trolls dont make sense. this is funny. and fine until the writing tries to make their emotions make sense. and then you end up with this.
>>
She's supposed to be the incarnation of Justice who kills Vriska for going too far

But Hussie brought back Vriska and introduces an entire storyline about John retconning the story just to save Vriska which makes Terezi, the one who killed Vriska, seem like a weenie
>>
>>83440950
I think the big issue with her character, the reason it was seemingly all over the place was a lack of sufficient development or insight into her more positive, law focused side of things. When she was introduced I was sure she was going to act as the more positive but still dangerous troll in response to Vriska, who was the megalomaniac, negative troll. Both are crazy, they're supposed to be they're weird aliens fucked up by an omnipotentent entity in the form of Doc Scratch.

The fact we never saw enough of where her divergence from Vriska came in, given their past Flarping together, was a big issue. It was hard to tell what her deal was given her first big contribution to the main narrative was killing John. That's a pretty fucking big negative mark on a character, especially when it seemingly served little reason.

As such her character could have benefited from an A to B type character arc. So she starts off this conflicted, dangerous troll with a fixation on a flawed system of justice. Who learns, through interacting with people who aren't Vriska, that her beliefs in this system are flawed and harmful and she can change them for the better, both for herself and for the future trolls. It's almost a shame she wasn't used more effectively as she had a lot of good moments to utilise for a character arc, given the low points of killing Vriska, murderstruck killing Nepeta who could have acted as her positive friendship that kept her going off the deep end, Game Over and her general manipulative interactions with arguably good intentions sometimes.
>>
>>83440970
It's weak and badly written, but I like the theme that Terezi doesn't really know who she is and suffers from chronic hero worship. She thinks Redglare is the coolest and emulates cold hard justice, but can't actually deal with the emotional toll of judging and sentencing. She thinks Vriska is cool and fun to play with and emulates her lack of empathy, morbid humour and vicious pursuit of success at the expense of weaker friends, but gets in too deep with killing John and realises she doesn't actually like playing their "games" and that Vriska is on a totally different page. She thinks Latula is RADICOOL to the extreme, but fawning over the dancestors and trying to be accepted by them mixes up her priorities and values, and she ends up erasing a huge part of her personal history and identity. It makes sense for a (pre)teen girl who roleplays with stuffed animals to be weak willed and susceptible to manipulation, and falling into religion and/or substance abuse when you need an easy escape from your troubles is almost too real. It's just a shame that the rushed ending didn't really show any of the post-retcon characters to grow and improve, some of them got the development crammed into a single pesterlog and others were straight dropped.
>>
>>83440950
don't forget the part where she thought she killed gamzee and then she regretted it and cried
>>
>>83440950
hussie kind of admitted he never really knew what to do with terezi:

>When I originally thought of the phrase "gallowsCalibrator" for instance, I pictured some guy, someone probably much more generically malevolent. Then I'm sure I thought, pffffffff, never gonna introduce THAT guy.
>>
File: 26381855_p0.png (592 KB, 1250x370) Image search: [Google]
26381855_p0.png
592 KB, 1250x370
>>83441214
I like that interpretation a lot, it makes a lot of sense upon review. The main problem I find with Terezi is that we rarely get to see what she's actually thinking about a situation, given her issues with being genuine with her feelings, possibly due to the whole role fulfillment issue you brought up. It's not like a Dave situation where his cagey irony is rather easy to deconstruct when he genuinely doesn't like something.

Terezi was seemingly played straight, she just seemed that crazy and manipulative and violent at the time and would seemingly deeply regret all these things she seemed to revel in. Had her issues with this been made actually apparent, in addition to her emulation of others then I think she would have been a much more understandable and likable character.

As is though, she ended up as another supporting character to Vriska who lost all their development and personality in wake of the retcon.
>>
>>83440950
I never liked her, she was always a crazy illogical bitch and really unlikable to boot. I'd rank her as worst troll, tied with vriska.

>>83441355
Man fuck Vriska. She's such a creator's pet it's not even funny. She had no business being as relevant in the story as she was after her death.

She should have just remained a ghost, that introspective thing she had with Meenah was the best she'd ever been in this stupid comic.
>>
>>83441355
Yeah, that's the main flaw. She was seemingly played straight as the maniacal badass for the first half of the comic. Situations that she was in tended to be from the POV of another character - the narrator responding to audience prompts, the pesterlog as seen by John/Dave/Karkat/Vriska's side, or she was taking orders from Snowman, etc. We never really stepped inside her shoes and saw what really made her tick or if she had doubts and reservations about her actions in-the-moment. The retroactive development in A6 can be applied to the earlier comic if you squint your eyes and fanon interpret certain moments really intensely, but to be honest it wasn't there early on, and wasn't developed to completion.
>>
File: 1436718107636.png (6 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
1436718107636.png
6 KB, 400x282
Terezi's nonplussed attitude throughout all of act 6 sorta confused me.
>>
>>83441451
It's so weird to see a character have a near perfect character arc, only to be brought back into the story and destroy almost all the other main character's story arcs in the process.
>>
Terezi was a character? I thought she is just a girlfriend tool for Karkat, Dave and now Vriska.
>>
File: flashbacks to nam.png (81 KB, 813x1488) Image search: [Google]
flashbacks to nam.png
81 KB, 813x1488
Drew this for you, /hst/
>>
>>83441626
the doritos are a metaphor for unconditional love and a college tuition
>>
File: do you double dog dare me.jpg (38 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
do you double dog dare me.jpg
38 KB, 523x521
>>83441533
>always hated vriska
>see dead vriska having some decent character development going on a D8 with snazzy jacket john
>think she's actually okay now she had an arc and a bit of sensible redemption
>but then she comes back bitchier than ever
>and keeps coming and coming and coming
>and never learns or grows or changes
>does the same old shit she always does
>torments and kills and torments killed versions of other characters including herself 24/7
>somehow works out the entire endgame plot and to have everything go perfectly according to her plans
>it does
>>
>>83441626
pretty great
>>
>>83441626
Jesus christ what a monster call the child serving services
>>
>>83441626
thanks dude
>>
File: 00612.gif (19 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
00612.gif
19 KB, 650x450
of the three human Guardian characters, Bro actually felt the most sympathetic to me

he cares enough to communicate with dave using dave's own memes, and during the kids' session, he's the only one to help them out directly and fight alongside them
>>
>>83441626
if you havent had a narcissistic parent im not sure its even possible to understand how fucked up they are
>>
She's proto-Vriska, and an actual Mary Sue.
The purpose of her character changed so many times that she's an absolute, nonsensical mess.
>>
File: 01466.gif (28 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
01466.gif
28 KB, 650x450
>>83441934
Not disagreeing with your premise here but that's not entirely accurate.
>>
>>83442291
grandpa was one of those things that really made me wonder what sburb was all about on my first readthrough. it wasn't until I re-read that I fully understood the deal with his timeloop and skaianet etc.

I miss the magic and wonderment. fuck romdrama and trolls desu
>>
>>83441533
The better end to her arc would be getting her shit kicked in by Tavros and fading into the background as a supporting cast member.

Death's a mercy. Having to live with the fact that she's ultimately unimportant through her own choices is the perfect karmic retribution.
>>
>>83442291
i wish we saw more of totally oblivious mangrit with gumption jake before the drama obliterated him. he was over the top and fun like grandpa and i wanted to see him walking around shooting shit unnecessarily.
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-03_09-40-53.png (20 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-03_09-40-53.png
20 KB, 650x450
>>83441934
I just think Dave's bro is the coolest motherfucker of all time.
OF ALL TIME.
>>
>>83441663
she got lucky.
>>
>>83440950
Yeah Terezi was always confusing to me, it was really hard to pin down what she was all about. Maybe I'm just terminally autistic, but I couldn't help but imagine her as cartoonishly shrill based on her quirk, even though when you just look at the content of her words she's not particularly obnoxious. Something about her character design never quite seemed consistent with the other trolls, either, mostly because of her eyes I guess. In scenes where she has her vision restored, she looked less alien and more relatable.

Outside of that, she's in Vriska's shadow from Hivebent onwards, she doesn't make any sense as a character otherwise. But that was only fulfilled by the events of Act 6...if her arc had been entangled with Vriska's while she was still alive and then she forged her own way later on, the events of Act 5.2 would be really interesting in retrospect and she'd be more than an accessory in the Vriska Totally 8ad 8itch Playset.
>>
>>83441626
dirk's genuine concern and guilt over how an older alternate version of him treated dave is breaking my heart.

great job.
>>
>you will never taste teal pussy
>>
File: 1464902964687.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
1464902964687.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3507
>you will never coerce john into doing gay stuff with his feet
>>
>>83440950
I liked her at first. She seemed like the kind of bad guy that believes she's doing things for the right reasons. But then that part of her, the "judge, jury and executioner" side, never got fleshed out the way it could have been and a lot of her actions were left with zero justification at all, not even the kind of warped justification you could expect from her as suggested by the mock courtroom game she played early on.

It's obvious she was conflicted about a lot of things which could have made for a great character arc (but oh, I forgot, character arcs aren't a thing that's real), but there was zero weight to her conflict. No personal importance, no greater justification, no reason for it that made any cohesive sense in the larger picture.
>>
Would you fuck bro?
>>
>>83444313
BROS DONT FUCK
>>
File: broooo.jpg (148 KB, 643x661) Image search: [Google]
broooo.jpg
148 KB, 643x661
>>83444313
who wouldn't?
>>
Why did Terezi like Vriska so much? To me it felt like they had a falling out, she maimed and killed her, and then suddenly she's obsessed with Vriska?
>>
>>83444456
Do you think he's a top, bottom, or frot warrior?
>>
>>83444486
Rivalry-Friendship with a rather conflicted past, involving two very dangerous people who both had incentives in keeping together. Terezi being the one to manage Vriska, given she tried to impose lawful killings on the Flarpers Vriska captured to feed to her lusus. Vriska having someone as dangerous as she is who will watch her back and help her win more.

I can understand Terezi's obsession with Vriska, but it should have been tied in with her fixation on Alternian law conflicting with her friendship with Vriska. It's the whole 'soul mates' thing where you have another person who just seems to be made for you but is bad for you. It could have made a great contrast to Nepeta and Equius' relationship and would have given them something to add to the narrative in supporting these two main characters. The problem in this instance being that Vriska takes and doesn't intentionally give and Terezi gives but is conflicted in the worst ways, yet in the end their friendship is brought back together again entirely to feed Vriska as a character. Terezi along with Karkat got absolutely shafted, character development wise, by the retcon.
>>
File: 1322811322567.jpg (348 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
1322811322567.jpg
348 KB, 612x792
>>83444327
frot warrior all the way.

HEROIC HOMOSEX.ORG

MAN 2 MAN
>>
>>83444896
But I want to stick my dick in his plush rump.
>>
>Karezi completely shafted
>these two don't talk with each other ever again
>>
>>83444084
you know what, i dont even like pussy, but this makes me sad.
>>
>>83444502
Power bottom.
>>
>>83441451
>that introspective thing she had with Meenah was the best she'd ever been in this stupid comic.

You were correct up until this point. The Vriska/Meenah stuff is the worst stuff in the comic short of Davepeta.
>>
i must be wrong but i just assumed that 4/13 was a special day for dave because of the reckoning and was sort of a final test
if that was every day for him he would have broken his cool calm guy facade at some point right
>>
>>83441934
I never got any sense of malice out of Bro, just absolute incompetence in the realm of parenting exacerbated by him being a generally fucked up dude.
>>
>>83445280
Dave started to flip his shit just while walking around his apartment looking at the stuff that was there all the time. I think it's more a matter of him not having the luxury of willful ignorance that day.
>>
File: 1463549509174.gif (575 KB, 238x200) Image search: [Google]
1463549509174.gif
575 KB, 238x200
>>83440950
>reread homestuck 3 times
>>
>>83445330
>why the fuck did i buy so many cosplay swords
>and why did i think putting them in the fridge was a good idea
>fuck it i'll just order delivery from now on
>>
>>83445397

hmmm, sounds like a work of comedy
>>
terezi is so bland i regularly forgot she was even blind, and i have a huge blind girl fetish.
>>
>>83445385
I've read it 3 times, and started failed rereads maybe 4 or so other times.

it hurts, because whenever I go for a reread, I'm loving all the sburb stuff (well, now that shit is second-nature to me, so even that has sort of lost it's charm), and then it slowly becomes a fucking romdrama.
>>
>>83445469
yeah it's a shame homestuck isn't comedy, would be nice to see funny stuff in it. ah well.
>>
Yeah she turned out to be shithouse. I can safely say that her popularity peaked soon after introduction and only went downwards since then, as her potential was ever more squandered. By the end, she was just sort of there. She's a walking outtake.
>>
Karkat can go die in a fire

what a disappointment
>>
Do you think Hussie actually did plan for Bro to be abusive from the beginning? I mean Dave was creeped out by him and had conflicted feelings about him the whole time, but I just can't see old Huss planning a serious narrative about child abuse.
>>
>>83445738
It was absurd humour, never supposed to be taken seriously. It came right of the tail-end of PS. The fanbase andrew garnered effected the comic in a lot of ways, this being one of them. That's not to say this grandiose story that came out of homestuck wouldn't have tackled the issue eventually, with or without the SJW fans, but I think it's safe to say that the chances of returning to speak about such issues would be a lot lower.
>>
>>83440950
You forget the final sterp, where she still feel unworthy compared to the Terezi that saverd everyone, and end up fusing her memomry with all of the Terezi.
>>
>>83445937
Nice headcanon!

Good thing Hussie left that ambiguous ;^)
>>
Dirk/Bro is autistic, right?
>>
I NEED TO OWN SOME WEENIES PRETTY 8AD!
>>
>>83445738
I think he was always supposed to be a fucked up and shitty parent but I don't think he ever planned for it to be taken so seriously.
>>
>>83446424
I think he's one of the few who isn't. He's just massively self-centered and emotionally stunted, given his flippant attitude and irony in all things.
>>
>>83446174
That's not head canon at all.
She literally spell it out: She say she needs to remember all of the other Terezi memories (especially the GO one) and then she does it.
>>
>>83446424
I personally don't think so, but if there was an autistic character in homestuck, it would definitely be him
>>
What was the best flash of Act 5

>Alterniabound
>Make Her Pay
>Jade: Wake Up
>Jade: Enter
>John: Enter Village
>JOHN, RISE UP actual correct option
>Wake
>Kanaya: Return to the Core
>Equius: Seek the Highb100d
>All: Behold Glory of Zillyhoo second correct option
>Seer: Descend
>That one where John gets stabbed
>Seer: Ascend
>Flip
>Attempt rare and highly dangerous 5X SHOWDOWN COMBO
>Cascade
>>
>>
>>83446424
no, but he definitely has some form of aspergers
>>
>>83446790
Jade: Enter
>>
>>83446790
>Jade: Enter
Gotta go with this one. No other short flash had as much of an impact on me, it gave me goosebumps given how much shit went wrong at that one moment.
>>
>>83446790
wake
>>
>>83446840
That is autism.
>>
>>83446840
aspergers doesnt exist anymore, it's under autism spectrum disorder now
>>
>>83447089
>>83447071
wtf
>>
>>83447134
dsm-5 man
>>
>>83440950
she's a teenager with a knack for reading and tricking people into shit that's full of herself and tends to fuck up because of it

her occasional fuck ups reached a boiling point with she killing her best friend and started having self-esteem issues. flirting with like 3 dudes yet ending up with the insane clown didn't help
>>
File: WAKE.png (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
WAKE.png
6 KB, 240x240
>>83447043
>>
>>83447196
>killing Vriska
>fuck up
You what anon?
>>
File: 8272728.png (29 KB, 375x227) Image search: [Google]
8272728.png
29 KB, 375x227
>>83447216
not you!
>>
File: IT'S NO USE.png (9 KB, 375x227) Image search: [Google]
IT'S NO USE.png
9 KB, 375x227
>>83447273
>>
>>83446851
Everything in between Jade: Enter and Cascade was solid gold. Might be my favorite part of the comic.

Like, look at this conversation: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004924

Amazing.
>>
File: dispenser.jpg (110 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
dispenser.jpg
110 KB, 600x600
>>83447310
>>
File: 1463773773003.png (9 KB, 229x234) Image search: [Google]
1463773773003.png
9 KB, 229x234
>>83447310
shoosh
>>
>>83447089
Wat
>>
>>83447263
from her pov. she unironically though she could convince the attention obsessed sociopath into not doing something grandiosely stupid.

then she realized she haven't even killed that many people.
>>
>>83447323
RIP Act 5

"We Never Appreciated How Good We Had It"
>>
>>83440950
Why the fuck did she even kill off John and Dave anyway what was she trying to gain from doing it?
>>
File: 1379344765713.png (669 KB, 688x3496) Image search: [Google]
1379344765713.png
669 KB, 688x3496
Is there a homestuck equivalent to this comic?
Where it takes all the pretentiousness of the author/work and makes fun of them?
>>
>>83444084
sure you can! google blue waffle
>>
>>83447520
It would have to be 50 times the size of that.
>>
File: hussie's waifu.png (155 KB, 1867x760) Image search: [Google]
hussie's waifu.png
155 KB, 1867x760
>>83447520
all i got is this
>>
>Terezi's persona is faked because of hero worship.
>Dave's persona is faked because of coping mechanism.
>Jake's persona is faked because he feels he SHOULD be a certain way.
>Rose forces herself to be an alcoholic to be more like her mom.
Why the fuck did he start giving everyone the same character arc?
>>
>>83447495
The trolls used to be actual aliens with different moral and cultural standards. TZ deciding to 'troll' them is perfectly in line with them as a race of murderous gremlins.
>>
>>83447520
Despite saying it in a roundabout way, Moynihan has a point in what he's saying.
Side note: Forming is a fucking brilliant comic
>>
>>83447602
Because he's got like 20 sassy teens who are clamouring for character development and it turns out there are like 3 coming of age variations and that's it.

This is also why murderstuck happened.
>>
File: gc pls.png (167 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
gc pls.png
167 KB, 500x346
>>83440950
What if her character is based on hussie being a hack?
>>
>>83447611
oh snap someone else that's read forming.

i love nommo
>>
>>83447495
I think it was supposed to show her destructive, manipulative tendencies in action as an alien species with a fucked up culture due to Doc Scratch. Given that most of the trolls didn't like the humans or were indifferent with them she treated them like she would treat Flarpers back in the days with Vriska. So she manipulates them like disposable play things but ends up realising they're actual people, people she likes and she needlessly caused them harm for no good reason. This being the re-ignition of her issues with Vriska who is doing much the same thing but with no seemingly no conflicting feelings at all.
>>
>>83447602
literally all of the characters wanted to be / acted like like their ancestor/guardians except for like john and the lowbloods
>>
>>83447567
>Hussie literally created Vriska out of fucking nowhere specifically for Hivebent for the sole purpose of introducing her into the story as a main character
And people wonder why so many fans of Homestuck say it went to shit in Act 5.1
Here you fucking go
>>
>>83447520
Uh? Isn't that the opposite of pretnetiousness. he is basically saying that not even a creator can give a definitive input on his own work. It's called death of the author. To admit that even a creator has not the final word on his own work is the opposite of being pretentious.
>>
>>83447602

With Jake and Roxy I really was disappointed in how that turned out honestly. Jake pre scratch loved adventure and even abandoned Nanna for it, and was wildly successful for it too yet post scratch those aspirations and dreams he has are wrong somehow.

Pre scratch Roxy I figured drank so much because the world was going to END and she knew about it. Post scratch she was virtually alone in a post apocalyptic world. Not a bad time to fuel alcoholism to deal with present circumstances.
>>
>>83447773
Anything will come off as being pretentious if you write it out like Jmoyns did there.
>>
>>83447681
I'm just glad it's updating semi-regularly again
For a while there I was sure he just dropped it
>>
>>83447799
I also think it's weird how Jake is so different from his pre-scratch self but apparently Dirk is supposed to be a perfect indicator of Bro's thought processes.
>>
File: hussie defends his waifu.png (94 KB, 1867x800) Image search: [Google]
hussie defends his waifu.png
94 KB, 1867x800
>>83447752
lost the screencap where he threatens to delay the comic for 13 years
>>
File: 1375884713628.jpg (95 KB, 350x372) Image search: [Google]
1375884713628.jpg
95 KB, 350x372
>>83447567
>this was intentional, and continues to be.
Sure thing, Mr. Zahaak.
>>
>>83447459
Act5 Act 2 was amazing because it was when we started to see the kids actually meeting each other. Dave and Jade, then Rose and John, then Dave and Rose, and then Cascade gave us John and Jade.

Like, the first conversation in A5A2 was this one, which might be my favorite single page in the comic: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004528

Just, that glimpse of a future John wearing some strange outfit, the notion that some crazy plan is in motion, and then right at the end:

>see you soon!

The entirety of A5A2 felt like it was building up to all the kids finally meeting each other and joining forces, and then joining up with the trolls.

And then it never happened.
>>
File: Hussie Zahaak.jpg (30 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
Hussie Zahaak.jpg
30 KB, 400x396
>>83447888
>Retcon? You're getting carried away.
it 8urts
>>
>>83447888
>I'm just WAVING MY RETCON WAND AROUND, WEEEEEEE.
Actual quote from author of most popular webcomic of all time
>>
>>83447959
>And then it never happened.
God fuck hussie
Like did he really think people would be okay with never see the 4 meet up ever?
what the fuck was he thinking?
>>
I just can't believe I used to seriously look up to Hussie
I used to think he was the fucking coolest dude
Now I don't even know
>>
File: GeRmoney.jpg (32 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
GeRmoney.jpg
32 KB, 187x250
>>83448042
>what the fuck was he thinking?
Nothing clearly with Halftruth around, that's for sure.
>>
>>83448055
say what you will about his abilities as an author, but for the first two years of Homestuck his work ethic was incredible. I think that's worthy of admiration, even if he didn't do the best job planning his story out.
>>
>hussie heavily foreshadows Dave as destined to defeat Lord English
>hussie changes his mind
>hussie heavily foreshadows Jake as destined to defeat Lord English
>hussie changes his mind
>hussie goes back to the Dave foreshadowing, transplanting it to Davepeta with her explicitly stating she's the perfect combination of people to defeat Lord English
>hussie changes his mind
>hussie has Vriska defeat Lord English, with Davepeta doing fucking nothing
now to wait for the epilogue where hussie changes his mind again
>>
>>83448055
don't beat yourself up, at least you figured out he wasn't all that in the end, there's still people expecting him to save it all with the epilogue somehow (if it ever comes out)
>>
hussie is also good at designing outfits for fictional characters
>>
fuck i forgot how annoying the narration from lets read homestuck was

le wacky voices maymay
>>
File: tumblr_mahiq9qESV1qfe7z2o1_500.gif (423 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mahiq9qESV1qfe7z2o1_500.gif
423 KB, 500x400
>>83448102
>Hussie heavily foreshadows an epilogue as something that will happen in the future.
>Hussie changes his mind.
>>
>>83448147
remember when act 7 was supposed to be the epilogue
>>
File: 1307319763749.gif (193 KB, 615x459) Image search: [Google]
1307319763749.gif
193 KB, 615x459
>>83448184
Is there any way for Hussie to redeem himself?
>>
>>83448219
show ara just getting ravaged in bed as the epilogue
it is the only way
>>
File: 1320815933368.png (10 KB, 389x375) Image search: [Google]
1320815933368.png
10 KB, 389x375
>>83448219
>>
File: 1461111557642.jpg (54 KB, 752x646) Image search: [Google]
1461111557642.jpg
54 KB, 752x646
>>83447959
>CG: LIKE IF LATER OVER TIME YOU STARTED REALLY HATING ME MORE
>CG: LIKE REALLY GOT TO KNOW ME AND FOUND OUT ABOUT HOW MUCH THERE WAS TO HATE
>EB: er...

Fuck me I forgot how hilarious Karkat trying to be angry was. He just drifts off on tangents the whole time and makes such an arse of himself he has to go back in time to try and fix his mistake, and ends up causing it to complete the loop.
>>
File: 1320815933369.png (11 KB, 451x319) Image search: [Google]
1320815933369.png
11 KB, 451x319
>>83448257
>>
File: 1463784889030.png (69 KB, 420x231) Image search: [Google]
1463784889030.png
69 KB, 420x231
>>83448184
>Act 8: Act 1
>>
>>83448271
no crossdressing dave
i am sure that is the way to fix everything
>>
>>83448266
Did karakt have any more talks with terezi after meenahquest?
>>
>>83447773
post-2010 4chan thinks big words are pretentious
>>
>>83448301
when/why did Dave crossdress
>>
>>83448328
he was the one getting ravaged by aradia
>>
>>83448319
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I think Terezi comments on the Lilypad that she hadn't interacted with the others much at all over the 3 years, which is fucking retarded but let's just roll with it.
>>
>>83447959
It burns so bad because of the -pause that he took before cascade. It was only like 4 months, right? And then at the end, Cascade was so far beyond what he had done before that even though there were a few things that I didn't like, I was still super on board.

Then Act 6 happened, and it turned out he set up a standard that he didn't live up to with the future pauses.
>>
File: reading HS.gif (28 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
reading HS.gif
28 KB, 650x600
HOW HUSSIE CAN REDEEM HIMSELF:
1. Good Homestuck epilogue/actual ending
2. Good Hiveswap game
3. Return to drawing TSO/SBaHJ comics at least 3x a week with the same lack of boundairies as they originally had
4. Publicly admit he fucked up Homestuck
5. Officially change his last name to Zahaak.
>>
File: 00096.gif (25 KB, 650x272) Image search: [Google]
00096.gif
25 KB, 650x272
>>83448480
>Return to drawing TSO/SBaHJ comics at least 3x a week with the same lack of boundairies as they originally had
he'd get crucified
>>
>>83448432
It was only 2.5 months
I understand why you would think it was 4 months though because these threads basically turned into a quarantine for purgatory
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1024x942
Does anyone have the huge list of unsolved problems saved
>>
File: 00174.gif (21 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
00174.gif
21 KB, 500x292
oh look I found proto-Dave
>>
File: 1320815933371.png (10 KB, 389x375) Image search: [Google]
1320815933371.png
10 KB, 389x375
>>83448609
but he'd also be funny and worth reading
>>
so when is andrew gonna go full george lucas and try to retroactively "improve" homestuck
>>
>>83448659
>[S] Beatdown now features graphic cut-ins of Bro viciously beating Dave, leaving horrid welts all over his exposed skin
>>
>>83448659
He literally already did that in Act 6
>>
File: 1351569817682.png (229 KB, 457x428) Image search: [Google]
1351569817682.png
229 KB, 457x428
>>
File: CruxtruderHiRes.png (751 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
CruxtruderHiRes.png
751 KB, 2000x2000
I posted this last night, but thread got archived pretty much immediately and I didn't have time to wait around for another one. Considering making all of the "devices" in case someone wants the full set on their desk (Which, if you do, let me know and we can figure something out).

As always, please point out any issues that I need to fix. The only major thing I see is that the wheel is missing, but that might be better made out of something else rather than printed, depending on the scale.

A lot of the stuff I'm starting to make is becoming too large to be printed just for the hell of it, so I'm really depending on you guys to actually decide you want something. Doesn't even have to be HS related, if you can submit a request and I can make it, that'll do just fine as well.
>>
>>83448766
NOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1335121663197.png (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1335121663197.png
7 KB, 500x500
>>83448844
Don't you want them to be happy? Aren't you rooting for something in the epilogue that will have made all the suffering and pain worthwhile?

Let us into your heart.
>>
>>83448914
Karezi was better
>>
File: What am I doing with my life.png (295 KB, 854x437) Image search: [Google]
What am I doing with my life.png
295 KB, 854x437
I don't know why, but i made a thing in photoshop
>>
File: tumblr_mcr0soNvI71qcve1z.gif (220 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcr0soNvI71qcve1z.gif
220 KB, 500x500
>>83448994
Meerkat was even better.
>>
File: Karkat Vantas - Ladies Man.png (4 KB, 958x99) Image search: [Google]
Karkat Vantas - Ladies Man.png
4 KB, 958x99
>>83448994
Was it really?
>>
File: bukkakearadia.gif (367 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
bukkakearadia.gif
367 KB, 240x240
>>83447216
>>
File: 1384899606715.png (116 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1384899606715.png
116 KB, 800x900
>>
>>83449063
i think i like it!
>>
>>83449085
she doesnt even blink an eye
truly she is the bukkake master
>>
>>83448914
Neperi is better desu senpai
>>
File: bukkakearadia2.gif (364 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
bukkakearadia2.gif
364 KB, 240x240
>>83449138
i forgot to get the eyes closed one
have this as a gift for my fuck up
>>
>>83448819
I wanted to comment in that same thread, it's a good idea. could be neat, especially to print them up for tabletop game props.

Though with the cruxtruder specifically there was a model printed in keychain form in the WLF contest, I don't know if you've seen it. why anyone would want a keychain of a bulky device like that is beyond me...
>>
File: 1324318902870.png (167 KB, 734x756) Image search: [Google]
1324318902870.png
167 KB, 734x756
Dude, have any of you known a Libra girl? They're seriously like that. Dead serious.

Actually, those of you who don't like Terezi, I kinda wonder what your zodiac sign is?

Mine is pic related.
>>
File: 1326740167440.png (16 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1326740167440.png
16 KB, 600x400
>>
>>83447216
Okay what page is this even from
>>
>>83449247
>taking zodiac signs seriously
>"hey i'm gamzee!"
figures
>>
File: image.gif (8 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
8 KB, 650x450
>>83449247
Mines pic related
better start runnin', cloun
>>
>>83449063
I know that's his default face, but the impression of just how fed up with this shit Jack is, is great.
>>
>>83449247
I'm Cancer, and wouldn't you know it, I think you're a fucking idiot.

Wow, maybe there is something to this stupid horseshit after all.
>>
File: 1463893049910.gif (301 KB, 281x333) Image search: [Google]
1463893049910.gif
301 KB, 281x333
E3 2016 starts on 6/12
post yfw Hussie waltzes onto the stage mounting a horse and announces Hiveswap
>>
>>83449205
based
>>
>>83441451
>She should have just remained a ghost, that introspective thing she had with Meenah was the best she'd ever been in this stupid comic.
Have to give a belated agreement with that other anon who responded to you, the neutering of Vriska into a more passive, digestible and viewer-friendly character was not a step up. It was just a step down at a different angle. Both post-retcon and pre-retcon endgame Vriskas were bad, but in different ways.
>>
>>83449279
ikr

leofist
>>
so was muse caliope in serenity?
Was serenity muse caliope?
Did serenity just have a connection to space players?
How did serenity end up stuck in amber in the first place?
>>
>>83449205
I'm more impressed at the aim and consistency of flow the guy has here. It's like an aerosol spray.
>>
>>83449518
Shut up is why.
>>
>>83441934
>he cares enough to communicate with dave using dave's own memes
It's even said when Dave first opens up the COMPLETE BULLSHIT content aggregator that Bro regularly keeps up with Dave's projects, and vice versa. I always found that really nice. You always expect the cool big brother character to follow the cliche of never having his little brother register on his radar, but he actually found what Dave was doing interesting enough to keep up with it.
>>
>>83445738
I feel like it was a thing, though maybe not in the same way that it was addressed.

Though it does line up with what we know about Dirk.
>>
>>83449608
Can we all agree that the person with the shittiest character arc was Hussie?
>>
>>83449242
>tabletop game prop
That's actually a pretty good idea. I know most wargaming/tabletop game stuff is unreasonably expensive for what you're actually getting; I could probably look into 3D printing some of that as well.

>keychain
Just looked it up; yeah, seems like it'd be more of a paperweight than a keychain. I have seen people stick them on their bags/backpacks, though, so maybe that was the intent.
>>
File: WFEWGAS.gif (1 MB, 499x265) Image search: [Google]
WFEWGAS.gif
1 MB, 499x265
>>83449450
>>
File: DaRk CaRnIvAl.jpg (116 KB, 701x691) Image search: [Google]
DaRk CaRnIvAl.jpg
116 KB, 701x691
>>83449503
That's exactly what a leo would say.

Do you ever find yourself worrying if you'll really be alone forever?

Do you ever force a facade of bravado and confidence and prowess to mask how much you really wish people actually liked your autistic ass?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 480x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 480x251
when u meet up with your friends and suddenly "are you... are you gay now"
>>
File: hOnK.gif (10 KB, 195x225) Image search: [Google]
hOnK.gif
10 KB, 195x225
>>83449337
I know. Virgos are the fucking best at picking out weaknesses and needling you into shape.

If they aren't too distracted by their own lack of propriety and romance.
>>
>>83449751
is hussie...
is hussie gay now?
>>
>>83449247
>tfw leo/canceer cusp
>>
File: tumblr_msrnzfnIfJ1r93gfko1_500.png (34 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msrnzfnIfJ1r93gfko1_500.png
34 KB, 500x346
>>83449696
>Do you ever force a facade of bravado and confidence and prowess
>Mfw I'm a shut-in, stammering, weak-spined NEET and a Leo

Checkmate starchild, dont you have some patchouli oil to slather on your dreadlocks? Namaste, fuckhead.
>>
>>83449696
fuck off vfan
>>
File: EyEbRoWs.gif (6 KB, 340x275) Image search: [Google]
EyEbRoWs.gif
6 KB, 340x275
>>83449402
My irl Cancer firend says the same.

;o)
>>
File: 1450564718777.png (224 KB, 415x667) Image search: [Google]
1450564718777.png
224 KB, 415x667
>>83449247
Scorpio, but I'm a shut-in schizoid with no desire for success or attention.

Wew
>>
Did anything come of that nudestuck collection?
>>
>>83449690
how about he announces sburb: gold edition instead
>>
File: HE HE HE.jpg (20 KB, 373x359) Image search: [Google]
HE HE HE.jpg
20 KB, 373x359
Dude, just because you don't know shit about astrology, and never did the research, doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. I've been watching the stars since I was a kid. One of lifes little MiRaClEs.
:o)
>>83449797
Nah, bro, that's par for the course. It means you're out of your element.

Or just weak enough for a clubbing. Don't you think you're forcing yourself to seem tough now?
>>83449800
The fuck is vfan?
>>
Do you think alternia was big on religion?
We had the Mirthful Messiahs that the Capriconrs worshipped and the Sufferer's followers, but do you think there were others?
>>
File: 1463281510800.png (57 KB, 862x708) Image search: [Google]
1463281510800.png
57 KB, 862x708
>>83449904
>tfw you will never play sburb
>tfw you will never know your title
>tfw you will defeat the black king with your friends after god tiering
>>
File: DeRp.gif (18 KB, 200x269) Image search: [Google]
DeRp.gif
18 KB, 200x269
>>83449849
It's all in how you define success, though. Plus, do you know where the other planets were in your natal chart when you were born? Like, was Mars or juipiter in Capricorn or Aquarius? Things like that can really make one critical of their own reasons for doing things, and make one tend to be quick to shut out their own good ideas and self sabotage. But it depends on the degree, and placement with other stars in the various houses.

Also, a lot of scorpios are schizo, don't beat yourself up for it.
>>
>>83450026
i feel like if it was the equius would be religious
but sollux made it sound like there was more than one religion
>>
>>83449662
Woah man, you should try to model some carapacian soldiers or something. I'd totally proxy a Derse army for Warmammer or something.
>>
>>83450026
a religion that focuses on the afterlife and dying righteously, such as buddhism, would probably be popular in a warrior race like the trolls
trolls are more than a little based on klingons, who in turn drew a lot of inspiration from the warrior cultures of asia
>>
what human religion do you think the trolls would have had?
>>
File: Homestuck (55).gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Homestuck (55).gif
11 KB, 650x450
Are we still mad about the ending?
>>
>>83449797
this is how villains are made
>>
File: Chart (29).png (96 KB, 423x758) Image search: [Google]
Chart (29).png
96 KB, 423x758
>>83450184
>>
>>83450160
>trolls are more than a little based on klingons
Are they?
>>
File: StRaIgHtUp bLaSpHeMy.png (539 KB, 900x590) Image search: [Google]
StRaIgHtUp bLaSpHeMy.png
539 KB, 900x590
>>83450026
If you read up on the Brahmanic texts from ancient India, there are a lot of parellels between. The Subjuggulators resemble the Thugee, whorshippers of Kali & Shiva, two dark/joyful gods who would deliver one to moksha. Obviously the Sufferer is troll Jegus.

One can extrapolate.
>>
>>83450205
>Marxism among religions
>Rage is elder gods despite their inherent connection to the void
>No gnosticism, one of the primary religious influences on Homestuck
>>
File: 1388380719638.png (131 KB, 690x840) Image search: [Google]
1388380719638.png
131 KB, 690x840
>>
>>83450062
The sad thing is that Hussie could have used all that Kickstarter money to make a Sburb game easily. Conceptually there isn't anything TOO complex about it.

But instead we get Hiveswap, and Hussie has lost so much reputation that a Sburb kickstarter would be doomed to fail. What we really need is for Toby Fox to make Sburb his next project, because he could easily generate a ton of money and we'd basically get the greatest game ever made.
>>
File: 1302504029183.gif (46 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1302504029183.gif
46 KB, 650x450
>>83450185
Having read Hussie's older, arrogant, petulant comments above, I'm starting to get pissed about the whole damn comic.

God, what a self-important asshole who amounted to fucking nothing.
>>
>>83450210
in a parody sense yeah
I mean it's no secret that Hussie is a big fan of TNG
>>
>tfw Cancer Sun Aries Moon
>I should act like Karkat IRL
>act like an autistic version of Vriska IRL
>my only friend is also my crush who is pisces
Gamzee anon is right
Astrology truly is bullshit.
>>
>>83450205
>Satanism
>Regular Pentacle
the /x/ in me is crying
>>
i'd be fine with all of this philosophical talk if it didnt stem from the worst aspects of homestuck and wasnt shoehorned as fuck
>>
File: areyounext.gif (24 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
areyounext.gif
24 KB, 650x300
>>83450192
Nah, bro, villians are just normal people.

So are heros. Maybe you're already one of them.

Are you next?
>>
>>83450277
who else remembers SHUT THE FUCK UP, STOP READING MY COMIC
>>
>>83450184
iI an american setting?
Karkat: Athiest but is actually the second coming of Jesus
Aradia: Mexican Catholicism
Tavros: Jewish
Sollux: Athiest
Nepeta: Agnostic but forced to go to church
Kanaya: Allah
Terezi: Jewish
Vriska: Athiest
Equius: Catholic
Gamzee: Scientologist
Eridan: Christian
Feferi: Christian
>>
>>83450302
>an autistic version of Vriska IRL
So, Vriska?
>>
>>83450336
How is Tavros Jewish if he's hispanic?
>>
>>83450336
>aradia: mexican catholic

this but she's also still japanese
>>
>>83450336
> Eridan
> Not an atheist
He is most euphoric guy of original 12 trolls.
>>
>>83450333
Muh cow
>>
>>83449450
Post yfw Hussie waltzes onto the stage mounting a horse and announced PS The Game
>>
>>83450333
please stop masturbating to my comic
>>
>>83450415
m-m-muh milk

muh yellow yard

I-I'm a big author I self-insert into my works
>>
>>83450411
eridan would be a rich and racist
no way would he be an athiest
>>
>>83450336
>Gamzee: Scientologist
only one I disagree with
juggalos are midwestern (christian) white trash
scientology is californian celebrities and the people who worship them
>>
File: 529.png (496 KB, 661x677) Image search: [Google]
529.png
496 KB, 661x677
>>
File: fucking incredible.png (101 KB, 622x260) Image search: [Google]
fucking incredible.png
101 KB, 622x260
>>83450302
So you present your ego as an Aries with the emotional and mental faculties of a Cancer.

Thats what that means. Of COURSE you're an autist manipulator who has romantic feelings for their only friend but can't fucking follow through.
>>
>>83450452
And Hussie, like all other failures before him, as he watches the burning stars of types like Toby or Tom streak past him to heavens forever beyond his reach, learns the golden rule.

Do Not Engage.
>>
File: 1460537285870.png (110 KB, 494x700) Image search: [Google]
1460537285870.png
110 KB, 494x700
>>83450277
>what a self-important asshole who amounted to fucking nothing
>posts pic related
>>
which troll would be the most likely to join the Peoples Temple?
>>
>>83450530
cronus
>>
File: 1342835272170.png (69 KB, 585x547) Image search: [Google]
1342835272170.png
69 KB, 585x547
http://nsfw-pj.tumblr.com/post/145367845629
>>
>>83450062
>we will never escape our narrative
>>
File: tUrN AwAyS-WaYs.gif (147 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
tUrN AwAyS-WaYs.gif
147 KB, 640x359
>>83450321
What's a goat got but horns? I'm not gonna stop talking until you shut me up. Don't like it, but I'm still gonna honk and bleat up on this pile.

Also, STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.
>>
File: 1432773185031.gif (8 KB, 661x477) Image search: [Google]
1432773185031.gif
8 KB, 661x477
>>83450336
>Kanaya: Allah
caught me off guard
>>
>>83450558
nice
NICE
>>
File: hussie_tv.png (21 KB, 804x182) Image search: [Google]
hussie_tv.png
21 KB, 804x182
hussie's favorite tv show is arrested development
>>
>>83450558
Oh boy.
>>
>>83450336
If they lived with their ancestors...
Kankri: Athiest non-binary numale
Damara: Rebellious slutty older sister
Rufioh: Same
Mituna: Same
Nepeta: Much more religious than nepeta but is also secretly a satanist
Porrim: Rebellious lesbian older sister
Latula: Same
Aranea: Same
Horuss: Same
Kurloz: Same
Cronus: Same
Meenah: Rebellious athiest older sister
>>
>>83450570
take your juju hocus pocus bullcrap and get out
>>
>>83450558
God damn best girl
>>
File: 1444891226743.png (160 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444891226743.png
160 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: 1436789760272.jpg (28 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1436789760272.jpg
28 KB, 375x375
>>
>>83450734
Wrong general anon, come on, follow me
>>
>>83450468
>people defend his self inserts with "he's just joking!"
>>
>>83450648
It was obvious in Act 6.
>>
>>83450720
aranea is one of the only trolls to actually wear religious adornments
even if she's not so sincere about it she wouldn't be an atheist
>>
>>83450772
No author who self-inserts beyond one single instance or extra is joking. Ever. It's a dead sure sign you're dealing with a serious amateur.
>>
>>83450775
That's true
She'd be Christian then
>>
Dambro at it again yo
>>
>>83450811
Is that why Problem Sleuth was better? Because Hussie only inserted himself as a joke one time?
>>
>>83450866
Yeah. See, that was funny and tasteful how he did it then. It was just a quick gag.

His recap appearance at first was fine. Recapping the story in a meta way is fine, and funny.

Then he just kept pushing it and fucking pushing it and then he was part of the comic itself.

Like... you're nearing 40, Andrew. This isn't funny, it's kind of sad and creepy of you.
>>
>>83450720
>religious
>satanist
These two concepts are basically incompatible, satanists are basically fedora-tier atheists
>>
>>83450914
by the end he wasn't even recapping the story anymore
>>
the only thing terezi worships is COCK
>>
>>83450914
age isn't even the problem, it's just the frequency and what his self inserts did
like as soon as his self insert was doing something that wasn't a recap, that was too much, id say the first really bad instance was him painted grey and showing all the crossed out characters around him
>>
File: GoOd jOb.png (7 KB, 644x447) Image search: [Google]
GoOd jOb.png
7 KB, 644x447
>>83450725
Damn you sure are mad.
You guys sure showed me that bitching about your fapfuel is more important than learning about its cultural connections to the same sorts of stories our ancestors told,
Good job.

>>
File: scrib21.gif (23 KB, 650x315) Image search: [Google]
scrib21.gif
23 KB, 650x315
I think I found Hussie's most offensive comic
>>
>>83450942
As a recent example, Toby. Toby did the idea of a self-insert fine, in the way MANY authors do, with a voiceless minor character, often some animal or strange thing. Like a little in joke or author stamp instead of messily jerking off all over your work. God, the secondhand embarrassment is fucking palpable.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.