[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just sat down to start watching this it's pretty good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: p12573273_p_v8_aa.jpg (450 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p12573273_p_v8_aa.jpg
450 KB, 960x1440
So I just sat down to start watching this it's pretty good so far but did he just pronounce it dark side
It's pronounced seed (not exactly seed but the closest I an explain though text its a hell of a lot closer then side anyway) you fool surely with your vast intellect you could see that
>>
>>83439389
Auctualy on relisining it's not quite as bad as it seemed at first he got the sy part mostly right.

I'm guessing theres a reason he paused before saying the name I'm not really familiar with the characters
>>
Holy shit I love the way they call out all the silliest parts of the comics
>>
Oh fuck it's got the legion of superheros
I fucking love this movie sure it has its flaws but so far it has been mostly great

I don't even hate cyborg here (the design on his head is horrible though)
>>
Ok that was great some serious scale issues in the climax but all by other complaints are minor
worst megazord transformation sequence ever but a dam good auctual end result zord.
>>
>>83440330
As an arthurfag I am a little annoyed that aquaman got shafted though
>>
>>83440341
Wait looks like there's other titles in the series I will have to check them out for some kingly action.
>>
The interesting thing is the Superman belt auctualy works in lego
>>
Anon, were you talking to yourself?

Anyways, fun movie. Next one is Bat-centered, but I don't mind.
>>
>>83439389
"Dark side" IS the proper pronunciation
>>
>>83439389
It's like you've never watched an episode of Justice League before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTg7ROPssc
>>
>>83439389

Poe's Law make things really difficult. I mean, sure, obvious troll, but at the same time I'm more than willing to believe there are people who latch onto OP's wrong pronunciation despite no usage of that pronunciation that I've ever seen in spoken media.
>>
Bear with my autism for a moment, personally I've always looked at his name being pronounced just a teeny bit more like "Dark Sighed" than "Dark Side".

Yes, Sighed and Side are homonyms but, I dunno, to my ear they aren't quite 100% alike. "Side" is more abrupt, it feels like there is an implied period at the end of the world. "Sighed" feels like there is an implied ellipsis at the end, that its pronunciation sorta trails off.

Does anyone else "hear" the difference between near-homophones, like "great" and "grate"? To me there is a subtle difference there, unlike true homophones like two-to-too.
>>
his name is Darth Saïd you nerds
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.