[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /co/ redpill me on this character? Why is she hated and does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 39
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 460x690
Can /co/ redpill me on this character? Why is she hated and does she have ANY good comics?
>>
File: binary.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
binary.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>83435748
She has several decent comics, but nothing particularly great.

/co/ hates her because for the past few years not counting the post Secret Wars her writer absolutely fucking sucked as hard as its possible.
>>
>>83435748
Redpill means to inform one of a truth held by a minority of people. What you are asking for is just general information or a consensus.
>>
>>83435795
In addition to this, Marvel has been shilling her like crazy in an attempt to create a Wonder Woman that they have film rights to.
>>
>>83435956
>/pol/ is made up of users from around 4chan, including /co/
>no one has ever joined 4chan for /pol/ except for tumblr trying to raid it
>yet /pol/ is the one infiltrating /co/
Does it hurt being this new?
>>
>>83436313
Yes, it is alt right isn't it?
>>
>>83435748
I thought it was fun when she went off to work on a space station and then just has diplomats arrested because fuck aliens.
>>
>>83435956
>That Board
/pol/ isn't fucking Voldemort, you faggot.
>>
File: 1443464811735.jpg (120 KB, 732x794) Image search: [Google]
1443464811735.jpg
120 KB, 732x794
>>83435956
Why is /co/ so easily triggered? If it really jostles your johnnies so badly just ignore it/hide it.
>>
Writers screwed her, she is a genocidal dike.
>>
>>83435748
>Why is she hated

KSD is the worst writer ever.

>does she have ANY good comics?

No.
>>
>>83435956
>Fuck off

Why are sjws so obsessed with this term?
>>
she's a violent alcoholic who has a lot of memory problems stemmed from these characteristics. may or may not be the father of her best friend's son.
>>
>>83436273
>does not remember when /co/ was love
>does not remember when /pol/ wasn't NEET memesters.

You will always be a newfag.
>>
>>83435956
You don't belong here.
>>
>>83435956
Redpill isn't exclusive to /pol/ and you're really fucking retarded for getting trigger over it.
>>
>>83436532
you need to find another board
>>
Honestly you can pretty much regard everything before KSD as a different character. Like tomorrow of Marvel did a big "This was Carol from a different universe all along" Retcon it would not be a surprise, and nay in fact fix a lot of problems.
>>
She's not terribly interesting, but marvel is oh-so-determined to make people interested in her.
>>
>>83436728
Maybe the MCU will actually make her good.

I mean they did it with Civil War
>>
>>83436580
Honestly, I think it's hilarious, since the Warchowski sisters have outright said it was an allegory for whether to come out as trans or ignore the truth of how they felt. It makes every time someone uses the phrase a laugh riot.
>>
>>83436221
>>83435795
>>83435748
Mostly this OP. Carol used to have a decent personality and was openly considered to be incredibly sexy by Tony, Eric O'Grady, etc. But when she was chosen to be a "feminist icon" she had to lose all those traits.

In order to have a character representing everyone/or every female, they can't have any depth or real personality because having any unique edges would "alienate" her from being an icon. Carol's current personality consists of being strong, being a woman, and being brave. If she had anything more than that like vices or non bland opinions she wouldn't fit what a lot of women/Feminists want in a Feminist Hero.

Most of the folks around here hate her because she's not a character anymore, she's an agenda. If you want any good stories of Carol, you'll need to go back to her Ms. Marvel days. The older stuff isn't brilliant but it's decent. Hope that clears it up for ya.
>>
>>83436221
Boy, this. I liked Carol when she was kind of a C-list fuck up, but out of the blue they started pushing her as MARVEL'S GREATEST SUPERHEROINE when she wasn't even anyone's favorite female Captain Marvel.
>>
>>83436757
Wow what a clunky obtuse metaphor.
But then again that's the Matrix.
>>
>>83436746
>I mean they did it with Civil War

They did what with Civil War

because it wasn't interesting.
>>
>>83436273
I remember when it was called /n/. For the life of me, I don't know why moot let those faggots have a third board.
>>
>>83436358
>We will never get a marvel version of ds9/Babylon 5

God fucking dammit
>>
Carol Danvers best showing was in the 90s X-Men cartoon, a C-list super-heroine turned into a vegetal by a Southern Belle mutant.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>83436927
>>
>>83437098
Kind of a shame that her most memorable stories are getting her powers stolen by a more popular character and giving birth to her rapist.
>>
>>83437341
So do they just pretend all that never happened or what? It's so mystifying how she went from "that lady who got drunk and tore a wing off a plane" to "lives in the Statue of Liberty, little girls everywhere look up to her, first lady of Marvel whoo Carol Corps"
>>
>>83437671
They pretend it didn't happen.
To be fair they were pretending the rape thing didn't happen LONG before she got Cap'd.
>>
>>83436757
I honestly highly doubt that. There is literally nothing in the movie to make an allegory like that work. If they said that, I'd bet my life savings that it's just then trying to sound progressive long after the fact.

Also, you're retarded for getting so triggered by a term that has no inherent connection to /pol/.
>>
>>83436927
The civil war in the MCU was much more interesting than that clusterfuck in the comics.
>>
>>83435748
Marvel wants to make her relevant so all the money they wasted on her to keep her name away from Shazam, the rightful owner, is not in vain.
Her being hamfisted everywhere is all for a name, when other better female heroes can take her place on that spotlight.
>>
>>83436761
Didn’t Ms Marvel start as a feminist hero until that got dropped later on?
>>
>>83437765
their magics are getting out of hand. yesterday those madmen made the victim of a murder/suicide publish a paper on the affects of getting shot in the face...a decade ago. also they transformed a white man into an Indian one.
>>
>>83435748
It's mainly because she gets pushed really, REALLY hard by Marvel because they want their own "great feminist icon" like Wonder Woman, when she isn't that popular (that they're mainly marketing her to that one crowd /co/ really doesn't like is not helping), and the only storyline about her that people remember is the one about giving birth to her own rapist and leaving with him to another world to start a family. And you can guess we don't remember that one because it was good.
>>
>>83438045
Honestly I've never read Ms. Marvel's starting run/series. I only picked up a couple of odd issues long after she was established and saw her mostly in Avengers/Guest Spots. And a Google search doesn't prompt anything about her being an early feminist icon until recently. For reference she began as a sidekick and typically female characters that started that way(in her time period) were made to either bait female readers or add a love interest which I believe she was to the original Captain Marvel/Mar-veil
>>
>>83438162
>For reference she began as a sidekick
What? No she didn't. Mar-Vell didn't even show up until like issue 10. And she was explicitly a feminist superhero, her name was Ms. Marvel and she was basically Gloria Steinem fanfiction.
>>
>>83436428
Kek
>>
>>83438189
Carol predates the Ms Marvel series by a good decade or so. She was just a pretty damn minor character before they decided she should get superpowers and a series because why not.
>>
>>83438189
She adopted the Ms. Marvel name from Mar-vell's Captain Marvel and worked with him for a while following her introduction as Ms. Marvel. Again her origin series isn't my strongest area of expertise but didn't she fill the role of sidekick for a while if not immediately following her origin?
>>
Carol started as a side character in 1968, only became Miss Marvel in 1977.
>>
File: u no hoo.jpg (5 KB, 296x332) Image search: [Google]
u no hoo.jpg
5 KB, 296x332
>>83436428
That sounds like something a fucking degenerate mudblood would say tbqh.
>>
>>83438189
Gloria Steinem worked formthe CIA, some Conspiracy theorists think feminism was a Govenrment promotion.
>>
File: 1439350847437.jpg (27 KB, 578x280) Image search: [Google]
1439350847437.jpg
27 KB, 578x280
>>83438108
>the only storyline about her that people remember
You forget her donating her powers to best Rogue
>>
>>83436746
Well, if she's going to be another soft but tough chick look at Widow and Hill for how far that goes.

It sort of worked for Peggy, but Peggy's Peggy. It doesn't feel like it carried over to Sharon for example who is meant to be Peggy 2.0. so there you go on repeat success. I'll give Gamora benefit of doubt until GotG2

Wanda is interesting precisely because she is consistently uncertain but allows herself to confide in others regularly, drawing later strength from showing initial weakness. It's compelling compared to just switching from silent & sarcastic badass to flirty to lost little girl bringing up sterility while spontaneously planning to elope mid-disaster. Which just makes me wonder if there are 3 Black Widows running around.

Look at Bucky, Steve and T'Challa in comparison. They're often capable but always vulnerable. That image is in now. You get behind these people not because they're leaders or have a great ass but because you want to follow their journey to overcoming a personal conflict. Everyone doing something cool during action scenes is great, but when Cap and Bucky have a silent moment in the quinjet and T'Challa appears to be restraining himself to learn from failure and become wiser while listening to Zemo and reflecting you actually care because it's less about what feats they can do with ease and more what they struggle with but are determined to try to accomplish.

So I ask, can Carol Danvers pull that off?
Is she a woman out of her era of morality? Did she fail to prove herself at a crucial point and now lives with the shame of the first failure creating subsequent success of countless atrocities on her hands? Is she a young heir who failed to protect their queen mother, now tasked with shouldering the responsibility of acting as avenger, protector and successor?

Fighting in stead of a predecessor is nice, but if it doesn't feel truly personal and part of character development it's really just par for the course.
>>
>>83438717
She did use to have a whole bunch of character flaws on her hands (including alcoholism) but then in recent years Marvel worked really hard to make her Generic Strong Female Protagonist.
I don't really get why considering Tony freaking Stark propped their movies, the most successful part of the franchise, up to where they are now, but hey.
>>
Honestly I think She-Hulk despite being considered derivative conceptually would work far better especially since they could bring her in as someone who is glad the Avengers tried to help her cousin but also troubled his tenure with them lead to even more trouble and him disappearing for good.

As a someone competent in law she could also be the one to step to Ross, and as a Hulk that would be deliciously tense and poetic irony, and call him on his legal bullshit.

Her taking Hulk's spot to redeem his image and hopefully find him would give her some of that Cap/Bucky push. Add in an inner conflict of her recognizing a need for the hulk power to be of use but concerned that she might end up like Bruce when she starts to lose it during battles.
Plus like Wanda and Zemo due to the activities of the Avengers because of previous Hulk shenanigans there's already a lot to work with without giving her a solo movie and hefty origin. She's here now, here's why, moving on.
>>
>>83435748
>>83435795
she's hated because she used to have a sexy costume and great hair and now she has a shitty costume and dyke hair
>>
>>83436545
>when /co/ was love
except now we know that just meant pozzed
>>
>>83438767
woman heroes aren't allowed to have flaws because that might make them interesting
>>
File: 1460256511453.png (350 KB, 461x526) Image search: [Google]
1460256511453.png
350 KB, 461x526
>>83439231
She still has an extremely short fuse and is quick to violence and murder. She's just not a drunk anymore.
>>
>>83439346
I can tell what she's thinking there.
>I hate skrulls
>my feet hurt
>wish I was drunk
>>
>>83438045
>>83438162
>>83438189
>>83438222
>>83438325
Carol started out as a minor character in Mar-Vell's early days, back when he was a spy for the Kree against Earth's interests. She was the security officer at the base that Mar-Vell had infiltrated. He left the base (Carol stayed with the military and didn't find out wtf happened until the incident with the Nerve Gas later) just before being bonded to Rick Jones. Carol never appeared in his series after that point, and she never appeared as Ms. Marvel, to the point where if you went back and read only that, you'd never know about it, even though you see the Psyche-Magnitron incident take place.
Carol was, for the time at least, a feminist superhero. She was "Ms. Marvel" instead of something like "Marvel Girl" which, at the time, meant she was considered equal to a man. Later on, she even got the black costume which, while considered sexist now, 40 years later, at the time it meant even more independence from Mar-Vell, as she had an entirely different color scheme and she even got her own symbol (her lightning bolt, as opposed to his Star of Hala).

The feminism of the 70's wasn't the same thing was it is now.
>>
>>83439374
She doesn't remember being an alcholic. But hating Skrulls? That's literally in her DNA.
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 736x1113) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 736x1113
>>83438460
In the X-Men cartoon showed Miss Marvel as a traditional super-heroine that got screwed by a evil mutie, she is a vegetal in the bed.
>>
>>83439488
D-death by snusnu maybe?
>>
>>83436761
Mate, people hated her for being bland the only thing she's had is her crazy rape alien baby and that could have been anyone. Literally every minority version of her has been better and should have been propped up over her. She is literally one of a handful of characters who were better off being minority washed. That's how fucking awful she is.
>>
File: 1459856611488.png (267 KB, 493x739) Image search: [Google]
1459856611488.png
267 KB, 493x739
>>83439532
She's been great in ANAD, though.
>>
>>83439511
I love Ed Benes.
>>
>>83439558
>She's been great in ANAD, though.
She really hasn't.
>>
>>83435748
Carol is turbocunt incarnate.
>>
>>83436358
Yeah, ANAD Carol's great. She's got this vicious, aggressive edge that makes her a much more entertaining character than she's been since becoming Captain Marvel.
If they wanted to temper her negative traits to make her more of a positive character, this was the way to do it.
>>
>>83439581
She's been good enough to make me vaguely optimistic that she won't be so fucking bland in the future.
>>
File: 1464481156838.jpg (36 KB, 498x336) Image search: [Google]
1464481156838.jpg
36 KB, 498x336
>>83436757
You keep saying that but in every interview they mention the OBVIOUS paralels with gnosticism.

Does you ave any source on it faggot?
>>
>>83439376
>The feminism of the 70's wasn't the same thing was it is now.
Well they didn't have social media to bully everyone who disagreed (or even agreed but expressed it wrong) and hordes of over-educated but underpaid (and under-intelligent) fat landwhales and fake nerdy quirky girls to get buttmad at comics they don't read.
>>
>>83439346
>She's just not a drunk anymore.
They should bring it up more often.
Even though she doesn't remember WHY she stopped drinking.
>>
File: BEST sponsor.png (475 KB, 492x520) Image search: [Google]
BEST sponsor.png
475 KB, 492x520
>>83439401
>She doesn't remember being an alcholic
You sure about that?
>>
>>83439532
Only started reading comic in 2013, I see.
>>
>>83441354
That's the one we want back, anon.
>>
File: Uncanny X-Men 164-012.jpg (725 KB, 994x1528) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny X-Men 164-012.jpg
725 KB, 994x1528
>>83435748
Claremont's X-Men & Busiek's Avengers are her genuinely good comic stories. She has some good stuff in her 2 Ms Marvel ongoings too (by Claremont and Reed respectively) but they're pretty hit-or-misd. This FEMINIST AGENDA shit isn't new, she's been that way since her inception and it shows. That's actually why we got the maligned rapebaby storyline; the Editor in Chief was anti-feminist and wanted to cut her down to size.
>>
>>83442044
>the Editor in Chief was anti-feminist and wanted to cut her down to size.
Citation please, this sound more like some tumblr conspiracy/misunderstanding of what actually hapenned.
>>
>>83437671
I wish Marvel had the balls to publish a story in which Moonstone or someone else comes back, shows Carol how much of a fuckup she was, and tells her that she will never be the best superhero around no matter how hard she tries.
>>
>>83442101
Then Carol starts trying to prove her wrong, but whatever she does she can't remember all the fucks up she did.
In the end, psychologically almost destroyed, she says "Fuck that shit" and start doing good for the pure sake of it, without thinking about proving to be a hero.
And THIS way she becomes the greatest hero Disney's Hercules style

I would read a story like that
>>
>>83442101
That is terrible fanfic anon
>>
>>83441947
The one-dimensional, plot-slave, brawlbabe?
>>
>>83442089
the EiC was JIM SHOOTER.
>>
See, what I don't get is the "there were better options!" mindset.

There really weren't.

Historically, she was the first Marvel Superheroine to get a solo run longer than 4 fucking issues. Not even any of the lauded X-Men girls can claim that. Shit, one of the two femuties who did eventually get their own ongoing was originally one of HER supporting characters.

Then there's the fact that its about franchising, not simply having a vagina. Could you spin Hellcat out into a worthwhile trilogy? Tigra? Squirrel Girl? No. Or at least, not easily. You'd have to build so much shit there on the spot. Captain Marvel is a brandname that's gotten as much traction as either Dr Strange or Black Panther have over the years and racked up a lot of material. And Carol was there for it since the very beginning. Which, again, is why she wins out over Monica or Phylla or whichever other female Captain Marvel you think they'd use (besides, you know, being white and straight and safe).

The only comparable options are She-Hulk, who'd be maligned as a subordiante to a male, and Kamala, who's a spinoff from Carol so you might as well hold her off for a few years to make the money go further. Plus neither of them really have a wealth of their own material to draw from, She-Hulk because she gave up decades ago in favour of taking the piss out of everybody else, and Kamala because she's just so brand spanking new and needs time to build it up.

I dunno. It all seems perfectly logical to me.
>>
File: 78632-17990-105338-1-ms-marvel.jpg (44 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
78632-17990-105338-1-ms-marvel.jpg
44 KB, 421x640
>>83435748
new custume sucks
>>
>>83436728
She was interesting when Busiek wrote her. And Claremont. Even Brian Reed doesn't look that bad compared to fucking KSD.
>>
>>83442740
Basically, KSD made her almost radioactive bad.

Luckily pretty much everybody else writes her MUCH better and the new series is decent enough-
>>
File: YRZLkFC.gif (1 MB, 400x190) Image search: [Google]
YRZLkFC.gif
1 MB, 400x190
Honestly, as a DCfag, it's just like, "...who the fuck is Captain Marvel? Carol Danvers? Mar-Vell?"

The only noteworthy 'Marvel' character is Kamala Kahn and even she's basically just your typical teenaged superhero, if written well and very qt. don't see the big deal about Carol freakin' Danvers.
>>
>>83441922
Monica was the better Captain Marvel long before nu-Carol So was Phyla-Vell. So was Rick Jones.
>>
>>83443007
Really don't see how. Both were just as bland. Even in Nextwave, every other character (except Captain) was more interesting than Monica.
Rick I'll give you.
>>
File: 1464240871068.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1464240871068.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>83442966
Captain Marvel is Marvel's one true legacy character, which DC has quite a few of.
Honestly I'd say the best comparison is Starman rather than Shazam. Since that's probably their MOST legacy legacy character.
>>
>>83443136
>Monica Rambeau, leader of the Nextwave squad, lies ALL THE TIME.
Sounds like you've got some shit taste, anon.
>>
File: 1443756988003.png (151 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1443756988003.png
151 KB, 500x282
>>83443227
Yeah, that one page is what wanted me want to check out Nextwave.
Turns out it was her best bit in the entire comic.
>>
>>83442790
So her current series is fine?
I wanted to start reading it, since I liked her Ms. Marvel series in the post-Civil War period, but the comments about her "Captain Marvel" period are anything but good
>>
>>83443269
Eh, she's got some other good bits.
You may be right about her not being as funny as the others, but that's hardly a slight on her considering how great Nextwave is.
>>
>>83443409
Yes. It has her being violent and impulsive, shows her being antagonistic towards Abigail Brand and several alien ambassadors, and fully embraces her connection to Mar-Vell and the Kree.
>>
>>83443509
I suppose I can give it a chance, then.
Thanks

How was she with KSD, instead?
>>
>>83443614
She had a cat and there was a little girl who told her how great she is. There was other stuff too, but it's too bland to remember.
>>
>>83442481
Yes, the guy forced writers to create logical, compelling stories & had the highest sales.

I miss him.
>>
>>83436761
This guy is right.
>>
File: 1451536194735.png (124 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1451536194735.png
124 KB, 600x400
if you are really invested, check out Busiek's investors
If you just want to get to the juicy bits, go into Reeds Ms Marvel
skip KSD
and read the current Captain Marbel

That is all
>>
Marvel mindwiped her and whitewashed the character of any edge she had to turn her into a positive female icon and their equivalent of wonder woman, thus scorning anyone that had been a fan of her. Her books sell like shit but she has a new and small toxic following of mentally impaired individuals that call themselves the carol corps that are obsessed with her new character.
>>
>>83436221
Meanwhile they killed the only character that actually fit that profile.
And Shulkie was well liked, to boot.
>>
>>83444089
>hurbudurbudur I shil for image
>>
>>83444141
carol corpse pls go
>>
>>83443614
Didn't mind it honestly. Likewise had a lot of throwbacks to the legacy of her namesake.
At least the first volume did. The second was garbage.
Then again I've seen some people say the same thing in the reverse order so feel free to ignore me and read none of it.
>>
>>83443951
>Busiek's investors
What series are you talking about?
The only notable thing I've found with Busiek and Investors is him writing on twitter against Trump
>>
>>83437017
Containment theory.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well, because they're evangelists (in the classical sense of the word), spewing over everywhere else to bring their "truth" to the sheeple.

They shit things up way worse when they DON'T have a dedicated containment board, but giving them one also lets them stew and hugbox and become ever more confident in their righteousness, so...
>>
>>83444773
Avengers.
>>
>bland white character
meh just boring

>bland female or minority character
fucking pandering garbage
>>
File: msmarvel506.jpg (181 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
msmarvel506.jpg
181 KB, 900x1367
Sana Takeda drew the best Carol. Fight me!
>>
>>83439376
>The feminism of the 70's wasn't the same thing was it is now.
True. A revealing costume could actually be argued to be a more empowering thing at the time because it went against all that women were expected to be: dressed properly like a good wife should be and all that jazz.
These days women apparently want to go back to those times.
>>
>>83437671
In House of M she was the most popular and loved human hero. Like Wolverines memories that carried over.
>>
I still think Monica or Kamala would be better choices.
>>
>>83435748

She is hated because current readers don't like her being pushed into a leadership role when it wasn't part of her characterization previously.

These same readers are fine with Captain America being a leader-type of the Avengers now, when for the longest time he wasn't a leader but shown as little more than a grunt. Then the writers decided to turn Cap into a leader show they wrote him like that. Now he is a leader. The same thing will happen to Carol over time, its just the transitional period that is rough.

(Cap A doesn't have any good runs either. Prove me wrong.)
>>
>>83439376
This informed anon makes me feel good about coming here. Please stick around bro.
>>
>>83443136
Go read Stern's Avengers. Monica is a fantastic character.
>>
>>83447581
You're talking about Sam, r'right?
>>
>>83447736
And her two one-shots McDuffie wrote.
>>
>>83447736
I did.
Still kinda bland.
Nothing against that, btw.
>>
>>83447764

Nope, Steve as shown in the early Avengers of the 60s and 70s. In the late 70s and early 80s there was a push to make Cap the commander of the Avengers not just a frontline soldier.
>>
File: ED!.png (221 KB, 175x556) Image search: [Google]
ED!.png
221 KB, 175x556
>>83447790
IT JUST
KEEPS
HAPPENING
>>
>>83447927
It was called CAP'S Kooky Quartet, anon. Not Hawkeye's or Wanda's or Pietro's.
>>
>>83437930
I did feel like the Rick Jones era of Captain Marvel at least tried to do right by it's Fawcett namesake, but that probably had more to do with how pissed off Thomas was that Marvel did such a thing in the first place

That being, I do prefer Mar-Vell's original "space centurion" costume to his later ones, though Genes-Vell/Legacy did manage to make the more well known one look good
>>
>>83447961

Thats a fair point, Cap was the leader among the group of 3 reforming villains. But it was short-lived, when the roster ballooned back up Cap went back to being a spear carrier.
>>
>>
>>83437017

They're the new furfags. It's a travesty.
>>
>>83437930
Which female superhero would you prefer?
>>
>>83436761
Does anybody have that pic of Miss Marvel Carol guzzling whisky? That was a good character.

Now her character is "has a cat."
>>
>>83437671
>marvel
>paying attention to canon

pick one and ONLY one
>>
>>83445218
nah.
>>
>>83444089
>she has a new and small toxic following
She doesn't.
They were KSD's followers.

They did stop following Carol once KSD was out of the title
>>
>>83448769
Small miracles.
>>
>>83447581
The Brubaker run was great

Fight me 1 v 1 in the burg
>>
>>83448679
I admire your confidence as a blind man to judge artwork. But that's shit.
>>
>>83436083
The general consensus, as held by the mainstream comics press is formed by the likes of kate leth, and KSD's hanger ons. From that perspective, /co/ is the minority.

>>83438437
Quite a few feminist movements have literally been used for those purposes. Ms Marvel comics? That sounds like a stretch.

>>83444789
>>83437017
Because when serious shit happens like the Paris shootings or the london tube bombings, there's a go to place for that. It doesn't generated those ideas. They'd exist regardless of it's existance.

>>83448298
At this rate? Kamala just needs a great archvillian, and I'd go with her.
>>
>>83449388
That faggot discounted Joe Simon, Jack Kirby, Steve Englehart, Mark fucking Gruenwald, Waid, and Brubaker. It's a terrible opinion.
>>
>>83437098
>>83439488
How did you misspell vegetable twice?
>>
>>83442611
Literally nobody knows Mar-Vell. More people know DC's Captain Marvel as Captain Marvel than Carol.
>>
>>83442966
>As a DC fag, when I hear "Captain Marvel", I think "Kamala Khan".

The fact that you don't think Billy Batson shows what a newfag you are even in DC.
>>
>>83451125
>The fact that you don't think Billy Batson shows what a newfag you are even in DC.
I was thinking of Marvel's Captain Marvel though.

Normally when I DO hear Captain Marvel, I do think of Billy fucking Batson, you idiot.
>>
>>83451205
Nah, man. I'll tell YOU how you think, and you shut the fuck up.
>>
>>83451245
Oh, my bad. Sorry for getting all uppity, I forgot how it works here.

Carry on then!
>>
>>83448679
is this the hottest Carol has ever looked? Sure as hell more attractive than she is now.
>>
File: literally hottest.jpg (864 KB, 1280x1571) Image search: [Google]
literally hottest.jpg
864 KB, 1280x1571
>>83451428
No, this is.
>>
>>83436761
I like old miss Marvel this shit they made her into just ugh.
>>
>>83444131
Marvel killed Shulkie?
>>
>>83451690
sucks, doesn't it?
>>
>>83451742
Yeah, she was like 25% of the reason I even got into comics.
>>
>>83451097
Did you reply to the wrong post or something?
>>
>>83442611
This is very on point and the only weak part is the dismissal of Monica.
>>
>>83443136
Monica is only bland in Nextwave compared to the utter insanity of all her teammates. She's the straight man.
>>
>>83452452
But if they went with Monica who would all of the little white girls have to idolize?
It's madness I tell ya!
>>
>>83442481
Evidence that he was a shitlord misogynist, please.
>>
File: Lonely Logan.jpg (112 KB, 478x698) Image search: [Google]
Lonely Logan.jpg
112 KB, 478x698
>>83436761
Yeah, no.

Even when I was a kid, long before SJWs and all I had was 56k and a library that had Busiek Avengers TPBs, I hated Carol.

Reading her descent into alcoholism only highlighted to me that she was one of those characters that no one had any idea what to do with them.

Whether reading her guest appearing in X-men comics fighting the Brood or Reed's reboot of her where she literally had a publicist or now where he's an icon for reasons, there's literally nothing to her. I genuinely can not tell you any of her personality traits. I guess she's consistently serious?

She's a non-character that pretty much only a nice, cheesecake costume and a plot device for Rogue stories.
>>
>>83452820
There's violence.
Lots & lots of violence.
Especially against alien scum.
>>
File: die.jpg (19 KB, 302x218) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
19 KB, 302x218
>>83435748
>redpill
>>
>>83442655
Her new costume is great, even though I dislike primary color suits and think it was best grayscale
>>
File: Carol Good Hair.png (1 MB, 1024x2032) Image search: [Google]
Carol Good Hair.png
1 MB, 1024x2032
>>83442655

Current costume isn't terrible, her hair sucks though
>>
>>83435748
>redpill me on this character?
This is the cringiest meme to ever come from this hellhole of a website. Is it really so hard to ask to be informed about something in a non-edgy manner?
>>
>>83451690
>>83451742
I really don't read western comics. But I'm familiar enough to be fairly certain that She-Hulk dying won't be a permanent affair. Especially considering how popular she is.

I understand the anger at her death being poorly written, but it almost seems like some people here think it'll be permanent.
>>
Carol herself isn't a bad character but her KSD run has to be the most overated pieces of shit I've read in years. She completely took away all of the things that made Carol interesting and it just pisses me off that people are praising Carol as some sort of feminist perfect character when there are other female characters in the Marvel universe who deserve the push that Carol is getting.

Carol is the Roman Reigns of the Marvel universe.
>>
File: 1.jpg (60 KB, 495x507) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60 KB, 495x507
>>83455080
SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHORRRRRRRRRRE MOUTH
...Speaking of which that award should probably go to Jane.
>>
>>83444869
It is pandering garbage when they go out of there way to make her boring
>>
>>83447581
There reasons with cap weren't as despicable
>>
>>83455411
>Both characters were interesting before they got their push and were sanitized beyond belief.

Jane is the Eva Marie of the MCU.
>>
>>83445218
agreed.
>>
File: 1456114474739.png (642 KB, 608x1294) Image search: [Google]
1456114474739.png
642 KB, 608x1294
>>
>>83461132
the problem is less "the suit is painted on" and more "the boobs aren't drawn really well"
>>
File: 1464204905065.png (142 KB, 468x419) Image search: [Google]
1464204905065.png
142 KB, 468x419
>>83461132
>>
File: IMG_20160522_230027.jpg (246 KB, 640x921) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_230027.jpg
246 KB, 640x921
>>
File: 1451687043593.jpg (117 KB, 700x1140) Image search: [Google]
1451687043593.jpg
117 KB, 700x1140
>>
File: 1456114534684.png (413 KB, 599x1006) Image search: [Google]
1456114534684.png
413 KB, 599x1006
>>
File: 1461769221986.jpg (272 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
1461769221986.jpg
272 KB, 500x696
>>
File: IMG_1662.jpg (108 KB, 454x645) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1662.jpg
108 KB, 454x645
>>
/co wants to hate her, but she has a Disney movie coming out and /co has to worship the MCU to fit in.

Will /co implode from the stress?
>>
>>83464278
>/co
No less than three times did you type that. Explain yourself.
>>
File: IMG_1704.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1704.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>
File: STARK GET OUT.png (1015 KB, 1661x515) Image search: [Google]
STARK GET OUT.png
1015 KB, 1661x515
>>83439346
>>
>>83465657
That eye patch comes off and if it's not a damn fireball, i'm done.
>>
>>83465945
that'd be dope
>>
>>83442966
>don't even know Marvel Girl aka Jean Grey
>>
>>83466296
Does anyone really know her as Marvel Girl though?
>>
I hate her because she doesn't say "Shazam".
>>
>>83435748
She was only good as cheesecake and Marvel ruined that.
>>
>>83442655
Still my favorite but current costume is fine, main problem is her hair
>>
>>83461132
If you don't want naked bodies with painted on outfits cape comics are not for you, it's what's done for all heroes male and female
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.