[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This picture makes me chuckle, How is Apocalypse even compareable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 37
This picture makes me chuckle, How is Apocalypse even compareable to Thanos or Darkseid?
>>
>>83422426

Big colored jobber with a weird face
>>
File: 1.jpg (138 KB, 1680x840) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
138 KB, 1680x840
Better version
>>
Appoc is has complete molecular control of his own body. In theory, this means he can give himself any power he can conceive of, whilst being virtually immortal.

If he didn't job to everyone constantly, he's certainly at least a Thanos tier threat.
>>
>>83422844
That's part of the problem with him. In theory, Apocalypse SHOULD be a top-tier, world-shattering threat. He certainly sells himself as that, but in practice he never comes close to being as big a threat as he should be.

Even within the Marvel Universe, he's a nobody. Nobody aside from the X-Men really cares about him. You don't see any of the other supergroups go "oh shit Apocalypse!" The only time he's actually been a legitimate menace was in an alternate universe that was tailor-made just to show off how much of a menace he would be if he wasn't jobbing all the time... and he STILL jobs to Magneto there.
>>
>>83422844
The guy's also been around for thousands of years, unopposed. If he knew what he was doing, Earth would've been turned into the Darwinist dystopia he wants it to be ages ago.

But he doesn't, so his big plan to guide mankind's development by culling the weak has gone absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>83422949
Even in the movie he's a massive jobber.
>>
>>83422949
Apocalypse is the definition of wasted potential. The guy is the first or one of the first mutants with more powers than fuck all and is working with the celestials. He should be badass as fuck but he's weak shit in almost every story. What ever happened to the celestial angle anyway, did anyone ever do anything with that?
>>
>>83423079
>>83422949
aww leave poor appocy alone!
It's not his fault he's a failure, he tries really really hard
>>
>>83422426
By being a big spooky blue guy that a capeshit movie studio has access to
If Sony were still independent you could probably add that fuccboi from Slott's Secret Wars at a pinch. Regent, was it?
>>
File: apocalypse1_1280.jpg (284 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse1_1280.jpg
284 KB, 1280x1024
>>83423110
Hell, even in X-Men: Evolution, we have one of the best versions of Apocalypse that actually comes very close to completing a massive worldwide genocide of the human race (with some having their latent mutations activated, but most would've survive the process). He came very close to living up to his name and spends most of his screentime saying absolutely nothing, just swatting the heroes aside and going about his business because they literally don't matter to him.

And even there, he gets taken out in a really stupid way: Rogue absorbs Leech's power-cancelling powers and uses them on Apocalypse. Cue Apocalypse being completely powerless to stop Wolverine from locking him in his own power vessel and sending him hurtling through time.

So there's pretty much no reality where Apocalypse isn't a jobber.
>>
File: 23 (2).jpg (602 KB, 1206x1798) Image search: [Google]
23 (2).jpg
602 KB, 1206x1798
>>83423281
It kinda is his fault, anon.
>>
>>83423331
>but most would've survive the process
er, wouldn't
>>
>>83422455
Then why isn't Kang in there?
>>
>>83423351
Is Apocalypse trying to drown Namor?
>>
>>83423233
>What ever happened to the celestial angle anyway, did anyone ever do anything with that?
Remender did some stuff with it, but it was too little too late. In general he tried to make Apocalypse menacing but not only did it not really work, but it didn't erase his established history of being a massive failure.
>>
>>83423369
Even fewer people know or give a shit about Kang than about any of those three.
>>
>>83423369
Normies have never heard of him.
>>
>>83423387
Not drown him, but yes, Apocalypse completely failed to realized that submerging Namor in seawater is not something you want to do if he's your enemy.
>>
>>83422426
>by the end of the decade, we'll have all three of these guys on the big screen
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>83422426
He's a big Blurple conqueror man. Just like Darkseid, Thanos, Mongol, and probably a few more.
>>
>>83423387
Yes. It backfires spectacularly.
>>
>>83422426
It's funny that for all his powers, Archangel and Wolverine were better Apocalypses
>>
>>83423449
I'm skeptical on Darkseid. From what I hear, Snyder is making him into Freddy Krueger.
>>
>>83423518
>Mongel is purple....
>>
>>83423110
Because they actually managed to make it accurate to the comic books. There is only a single story you can tell with Apocalypse. The world went to shit and we need to go back in time to change it. And that was DoFP already

At least they made Apocalypse job to Phoenix, which makes sense.
>>
>>83423440
The thing managed to do so. The thing, an actual rock, managed to defeat Namor underwater.

And no matter what you say, that is canon and will be forever canon. That namor lost to a rock underwater.
>>
>>83423787
The Thing's legit, though. No shame in losing to him.
>>
>>83422731
For some reason Apocalypse looks more menacing. Too bad they killed him in a single movie. On the other side of the table, Thanos spent 13 movies doing literally nothing, flying slowly in his chair towards planet Earth.

I wonder how will they defeat Thanos if he gets the full gauntlet. He has to lose eventually.
>>
>>83423900
Well during 2 of those Phases, he thought that the two guys he sent to get Infinity Stones could handle it so he didn't need to leave but they fucked up. NOW he is flying slowly in his chair to Planet earth
>>
>>83423787
Not as bad as AvX jobbing, like fucking Colossusnaut losing because of reasons
>>
>>83424094
The thing vs Namor was from AvX.

It has some of most retarded match ups ever.
>>
Based on confirmed powers that all three have its absolute bullshit that Apocalypse is never considered an equal or at least close to Darkseid and Thanos.
Sure he routinley fails to conquer Earth while Darkseid and Thanos have conquered entire systems, but its all bullshit writing because nobody knows how to use Apocalypse effectively outside of X Men stories.
He fought basically every powerful mutant at the same time on the moon and it was a fucking tie, and there was that alternate universe where he ruled basically everything and it took Marvels most iconic villain ever getting a huge set of plot armor to stop him.
Im not saying in a one on one fight that apocalypse would be able to defeat Thanos or Darkseid, but it would be nice if we saw him pose a real multiverse level threat because with the powers he has there is no reason he shouldnt be.
Also who fucking loves that scene in the cartoon when Apoc goes "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you"?
Make Apocalypse Great Again
>>
>>83424309
Had it wiped off my mind. Every single X-Men defeat was pure bullshit.
>>
File: Doom.jpg (39 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
39 KB, 600x532
>>83422426
And dont forget DOOM, the other bald super villain.
>>
>>83423518
Mongol. The most underrated of all the big conqueror men with square but somehow also round faces.
>>
>>83424309
Avengers vs X Men was an avengers puff piece. Nothing more. I consider absolutely nothing about it to be canon because the magnitude of fucking bullshit plot armor that the avengers had is insane.
Seriously how does Magneto not win that fight in an instant? Plot armor.
>>
>>83422426
Supposed to be a big threat that ends up getting beaten by his own retardation. Fits pretty well.
>>
File: ThorvsMagneto7[1].jpg (166 KB, 541x800) Image search: [Google]
ThorvsMagneto7[1].jpg
166 KB, 541x800
>>83424450
>Seriously how does Magneto not win that fight in an instant? Plot armor.
>>
>>83424386
A FF movie never works because they're completely fucking unlikable assholes. Nobody sympathizes with them.

They should make a movie about Doom.
>>
>>83423536
As in a Horrifying Threat with godlike powers?
>>
>>83424396
Square faces and round heads
>>
>>83424557
I like how that entire issue was Magneto picking a fight with Thor and spending the entire rest of the story going "OH FUCK I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE"
>>
File: 406px-Terraxia.jpg (44 KB, 406x321) Image search: [Google]
406px-Terraxia.jpg
44 KB, 406x321
>>83422426
Best design
Apocalypse
Most powerful
DS
Most pathetic/desperate/cucked
Thanos
>>
File: superman2zod1[1].gif (119 KB, 720x410) Image search: [Google]
superman2zod1[1].gif
119 KB, 720x410
>>83424557
>>83424745
I imagine Magneto made a noise similar to General Zod.
>>
>>83423351
Kek
>>
>>83424333
The problem with suddenly making Apocalypse actually live up to his own hype is that you're inevitably going to be asked "okay, why didn't you do that the other dozen times we kicked your ass?"

The damage is done. Even if he manages to pull off a huge victory or at least give the heroes and the Earth a massive run for their money, it doesn't change the fact that he's not only spent his entire publication history being a jobber, but that he spent 2,000 years getting absolutely nothing done. If he suddenly gets good that doesn't change the fact he's spent the vast majority of his in-universe and out-of-universe history being stupid, lazy, incompetent, or some combination of those things.
>>
>>83424780
Thanos is just a superpowered betafag who wants his waifu to notice him

And he's still not as laughable as Apocalypse
>>
>>83424966
Can't wait for Vision to fight Thanos and see which beta waifufag wrecks who.
>>
>>83423351
That's beautiful. Did he not even look at Namor's powers before he did this?
>>
File: Stabbed Me Bro.jpg (191 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Stabbed Me Bro.jpg
191 KB, 1280x960
>>83423351
>submerging Namor
>>
>>83422426
Given his only ability to increase density indefinetely, he is unkilkable. The other two are not. In fact Darkseid died more than once already.
>>
Neither of the two compared to Darkseid, Darkseid is a literal god and the one that fucks up the Justice League alone is a fraction of his power that he sent into their universe.
>>
>>83424780
I want to see one of the many reality warpers roving Marvel right now revive Terraxia and set her loose in 616 or something seeking revenge on Thanos who imagined her from nothing then cast her aside.
>>
File: hahahacena.jpg (26 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
hahahacena.jpg
26 KB, 480x319
>>83423351
>Immerse Namor in Sea Water
>Namor
>Sea Water
>MFW
>>
>>83422949

He is a world shattering threat. He takes over the entire world and in one universe it never really recovers.

He just doesn't have a cosmic macguffin like Thanos or Darkseid. Thanos himself jobs way more frequently.
>>
>>83423110
He was the least interesting part of the movie. Another Ultron, if anything.
>>
>>83423351
Can't apocalypse have any power he wants? Why can't he have a power that can detect what people powers are? Or better yet take a look at him and see how he looks like he belongs in the sea, like his pants, probably smelly fishy hair, his skin perhaps,
>>
File: not_bait.jpg (344 KB, 939x1288) Image search: [Google]
not_bait.jpg
344 KB, 939x1288
>>83423418
Normiefag here.

We know who Kang is; we just hate him.
>>
>>83425818
Who is the topless lady behind his leg?
>>
in jobbing my balls right now
>>
>>83423717
His suit is.

Darkseid and Apocalypse both have grey skin.
>>
File: rivera ff.jpg (98 KB, 643x1000) Image search: [Google]
rivera ff.jpg
98 KB, 643x1000
>>83424612
>A FF movie never works because they're completely fucking unlikable assholes. Nobody sympathizes with them.
the biggest problem is that the FF doesnt work as superheroes. the concept is way too cheesy and has no weight. if its just about a super family like the incredibles but who are explorers for the sake of science, it could work.
>>
>>83422426
All 3 look like shit
>>
>>83424780
>Thicc MILFseid > Mongol's Sister > Terraxia > Apocalypse with a shapeshifted vagina
>>
>>83423369
>Timetravel Conquer man from the FF movies plans scrapped when Fantastic 4% bombed
>blue man in a green tunic slumps in a corner somewhere as his movie hopes are dashed
>sobs between is sips on Mad dog
>"I WUZ KANG AN SHIT"
>>
File: co in a nutshell.png (109 KB, 285x305) Image search: [Google]
co in a nutshell.png
109 KB, 285x305
>>83422426
it is a 6/10, you are just another lame autist
>>
>>83423351
>Let's Submerge the Submariner

Oh boy.
>>
>>83425382
He didn't cast her aside. He literally forgot to make her capable of surviving in a vacuum, and when Nebula got the Infinity Gauntlet, she blasted Thanks AND Terraxia into space.
>>
>>83426957
THIS.

That's literally the entire point of Fantastic Four, they're a family. They have adventures.

Johnny Quest is closer to what Fantastic Four should be than anything they've done so far.
>>
>>83424780
Is it bad I think Thanos is the best of them? He just seems the most interesting to me, straight out of mythology.
Never cared for Apocalypse. Mr. Sinister is more interesting since he at least has charisma.

But I cannot stand Darkseid. He's just so. Fucking. Boring.
Fuck, I prefer Mongul to Darkseid. I prefer the Anti-Monitor, hell, I even prefer yet another "Guardians are evil again". Its just not interesting, his motivations are dull and the story always feels the same.
>>
>>83424333
Does he even care about cosmic shit? He seems to be only interested in the development of Planet Earth and its people.
>>
>>83423900
>I wonder how will they defeat Thanos if he gets the full gauntlet. He has to lose eventually.

"Oops."
>>
>>83424900
He would need the greatest keikaku in history.
Such a powerful reveal that everything he ever did ever was for this one single plan.
It would be convoluted as fuck and would take writers that don't really exist in Marvel, but it is possible.
If we just believe.
>>
>>83425453
Whats the deal with Thanos anyways? Didnt he get the cosmic Mcgufins a trillion times and achieved nothing/reverted everything as how it was before?

Hell, he just appeared in Earth...using fucking guns to steal the cosmic cube from Shield. GUNS. His whole plan was based on using GUNS against Shield and a group of C listers kicked his ass.

Cant get more pathetic than that. How many times did they reuse the death waifu thing anyways? Is that still his main goal?

Frankly the only mega villain I can still respect is Darkseid because his motives are pretty obscure and almost impossible to understand by humans. Apocalypse is just a living DBZ power levels thread wondering who is the stronger in the world. Thanos is just a beta cuck crying over pussy. At least Darkseid has mustache twirling evil schemes that we are too small to even try to understand them.

I still loved Oscar Isaac as tacolips and I hope Brolin delivers as Thanos even if the character is just an angry friendzoned nerd.
>>
>>83426957
>if its just about a super family like the incredibles but who are explorers for the sake of science
Like Tranktastic 4?

>>83423369
He was the main villain on the Tranktastic failed trilogy
>>
>>83428305
Yeah Thanos is pretty bad when they regularly have him revert back to wanting cosmic cubes even after having half a dozen epiphanies about how ultimate power doesn't give him what he truly wants. Now he traded his love for Death for a gayboner for Oblivion.
>>
File: thanoseid.jpg (225 KB, 726x817) Image search: [Google]
thanoseid.jpg
225 KB, 726x817
No love for Thanoseid?
>>
>>83424884
>Superman sweat stains
>>
>>83423900

>I wonder how will they defeat Thanos if he gets the full gauntlet.

They won't have to do anything other than stall him until he fucks over his own plans. Self-sabotage is one of his defining character traits.
>>
>>83428990
yummmmm urp
>>
>>83428150
2tricky4hisowngood
>>
>>83429136
>Thanos if
When, you mean. For that matter, if it follows the comic, even just in style if not story, they'll have half a dozen false victories after he gets it, as well as before (which the comic really did not.)
>>
>>83428305
Thanos actually gave up his nihilist plots after the original Infinity Gauntlet and spent the next few years basically as an Anti-hero. (most of Starlin's writing on Thanos, even those written recently, ignore any of the Thanos development that I'm writing after this)
He didn't take another turn for the villainous until Annihilation, and even then he changed sides right at the end just before being killed.
Then he came back as basically a mindless brute, killing anyone in sight, and when he calmed down they brought him to the Cancerverse to mess things up. He didn't flip out until he found out that, because he's in the Cancerverse, he's still cut off from Death. He flipped out and swore that he'd kill Star-Lord, and his entire universe in revenge. THAT story seemingly ended with Star-Lord and Nova dying to keep Thanos inside a collapsing universe.
Then he appeared in 616 without explaination wanting a Cosmic Cube, and then Infinity happened, then Time Runs Out, then Secret Wars, and now we're here.
>>
File: deadpool&death.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
deadpool&death.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83429698

Deadpool is still going to own his ass.

Also Genesis > Apocalypse

Evan will make the right choice.
>>
>>83430105
What are you even on about?
>>
>>83424645
I think he means more like a cosmic entity akin to Smallville.
>>
>>83428250
Apocalypse doesn't need a Jim Starlin.
>>
I think he let himself die because "man, fuck the Phoenix Force".
>>
>>83423351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PRJnLBva3w
>>
>>83424557
In the Ultimate U, Magneto kicked Thor's ass no less than twice.
>>
>>83423331
>Rogue absorbs Leech's power-cancelling powers
How did Rogue's powers work on Leech when they should have been nullified by her standing near him?
>>
I like Apocalypse more than Thanos and Darkseid (Thanos I find a rip off with ridiculous motivations)
But I find Apocalypse completely different from them, the villain who is similar to Apocalypse is the High Evolutionary.

I always put Apocalypse in the evil geneticists group with the HE, Sinister, Dark Beast, etc.
>>
The thing is, Apocalypse is a mutant, a human with powers, he would never destroy the galaxy or the planet and etx.

Thanos and Darkseid are not and don't give a single shit about earth, or they shouldn't at least. (Thanos used to don't give a fuck until bendis and hickman happened sadly).

Too bad the 3 of them are job-machines now, Darkseid and Thanos (specially darkseid though) used to be genuinely scary, big-time bad guys, if they showed up on the book you knew shit was happening.
>>
>>83423369
Kang isn't a villain or a bad guy, he's a conqueror.
>>
>>83422426
Yeah, Apocalypse is just a Celestial Weeboo.
>>
>>83433532
The Ultimate Comics sucked and Magneto gave up after learning mutants there were grown in a lab by humans before getting his face blown off by Scott.
>>
>>83422426
Darkseid's weird helmet is retarded af
>>
The problem with Apocalypse is quite simply that he is a mutant. Find a way to disable his powers, and hes nothing, cause the mutant gene is treated like an on/ off switch in comics. He would definitely be up on the level of thanos, except thanos lacks an on/ off switch, so large events need to happen for some difficult and complex means of defeat to occur. If fucking rogue with leech's powers or some shit couldnt depower him, he would be an exponentially larger threat
>>
>>83429136
>They won't have to do anything other than stall him until he fucks over his own plans. Self-sabotage is one of his defining character traits.
The MCU Civil War writers also say they are not interested in making him completely pure evil. He is meant to be a complicated person and they intend to keep it that way.
>>
>>83422426
Thanos isn't even comparable with Darkseid though
>>
>>83422949

There are a bunch of alternate universes where Apocalypse won.
>>
What are Thanos' powers, just being a master strategist and having a naturally strong/endurable body since hes an alien?
>>
>>83436372
That plus energy manipulation, mainly in the form of zap bolts from his hands. He's actually a mutant Eternal, whose genetic origin is with humanity.

Also back in the '70s he could teleport across interstellar distances with the proper mental focus, but that could have been some technological or mystical trick.
>>
And he still has the better quotes and atmosphere.

>Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply AM!
>I am the rocks of the eternal shores. Crash against me and be broken!

All bad guys job since the good guys must win. For Apocalypse to not job he'd have to fight another big bad or become a good guy/anti hero/necessary evil. Maybe an alternatve universe where he leads Earth against Thanos.
>>
>>83423331
Could Leech turn his powers off? Otherwise how did Rogue's powers work when she was inside his sphere of influence?
>>
>>83424031
>NOW he is flying slowly in his chair to Planet earth
So the Thanoscopter is still in the shop?
>>
>>83436634
It's being independently hauled. They rendezvous on the moon and switch for the Big Entrance when penetrating Earth's atmosphere.
>>
>>83436678
>Sure hope Death-chan will be impressed with my entrance!
>>
>>83436518
In Evolution, Leech's powers aren't on all the time. He has the power to turn them on or off (or will eventually, when he used them he did it involuntarily), so Rogue was able to touch him and absorb the power without it affecting her.
>>
File: 017.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1968
>>83423787
Thing is crafty as fuck, it's his actual superpower

In the last panel to that Namor is also completely fine and ready to kick Thing's ass.
>>
>>83427988
But anon, Darkseid IS.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 332x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 332x640
>>83422426
Yes but what about Tantalus?
>>
>>83436882
For you.
>>
File: Fingersnap.png (1 MB, 1395x1038) Image search: [Google]
Fingersnap.png
1 MB, 1395x1038
>>83437005
Who?
>>83437141
Oh SNAP!
>>
>>83422426
>How can Apocalypse even compare to Thanos and Darkseid?
Because all of them are just a jobber, anon.
>>
>>83423369
He's not a big guy.
>>
>>83422426
By all rights of power and time spent using it, Apocalypse should be one of the only people on Earth who could threaten Thanos. But everyone uses him to job so whatever.
>>
>>83422426
>hating apoc
he never meant to be the same tier as other big guys, and he only target his own planet
>>
>>83435751
>the mutant gene is treated like an on/ off switch in comics.

I disliked how human somehow can created tech that disable mutan power and its more silly with mutants who powers related to their mutated bodies like apoc.
>>
Who wants to bet that all he does with the infinity gauntlet is just shoot a bunch of lighting and control some people and super basic shit like that? And that maybe, like, one time he tries to do something big and drastic and that's when the heroes step in and end it before anything really happens?

Because there is no way the heroes of the fucking MCU- muscular guy, guy with weird arm, guy with wings, guy in suit, et cetera- would literally be able to do anything to a time and reality warping instantly glove.
>>
>>83425818
>We know who Kang is; we just hate him.

BECUS U WUZN'T HIM?
>>
File: I cast a spell of kino on you.jpg (617 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
I cast a spell of kino on you.jpg
617 KB, 1382x2048
>>83437910
Hello.
>>
>>83437993
so strange sprinkles fairy dust on them so that the other heroes are even remotely relevant?
>>
>>83423369
fox owned him for some reason and that bullshit because he is always be avenger villain
>>
>>83424557
I dont know what you're trying to imply with this in reply to my post, because Thor absolutely should beat Magneto. Iron Man has no business even being mentioned in the same sentence as Magneto unless the sentence is "Magneto will always beat Iron Man"
>>
>>83438013
You must BELIEVE, anon.
>>
>>83437005
He needs some pantalus
>>
>>83424333
What exactly is Apocalypse's power set?
>>
>>83438140
The power to have any power he wants.
>>
>>83422949
You're only as big as your opponents.
He headbutted Thor unconcious and made his butt hurt so bad he forged an axe that could take out celestials. He has also beaten Hulk in hand to hand combat.
Turn the page and he's being beaten by Omegas like Stryfe, Cable and Magneto, still acceptable.
Turn the page again and he's being beaten casually by random X-Teams.

Thanos and Darkseid have been defeated ridiculously too, but they usually require the whole of a cosmic level team to take down. Apocalypse is random as fuck.
>>
>>83423351
For fucks sake apocalypse...
Long haired Namor is hot tho.
>>
File: 1458703951278-2nd.jpg (124 KB, 553x465) Image search: [Google]
1458703951278-2nd.jpg
124 KB, 553x465
>>83438140
In the movie he has the ability to transfer his consciousness into other mutants and retain the powers of his past hosts.
In the Ultimate universe the mutant that became Apocalypse then had the ability to control the minds and powers of all other mutants, along with superstrength, invulnerability, psychic powers, and maybe one or two other things.
In the regular Marvel U he has as his main ability total molecular control, think Mr. Fantastic without any limitations: shapeshifting, invulnerability, optional intangibility, the ability to grow to gigantic size, ageless immortality, and regeneration not unlike a healing factor. He also has psychic abilities like telepathy, telekenesis, energy manipulation, and consciousness transfering like in the movie. Then there's the god-alien Celestials who alien abducted him because he was so tough and altered him/supercharged his abilities and gave him all sorts of weird tech that grants him even more abilities. Then those Celestials told him to wait on Earth for later instructions that of course never came, god-aliens: WTF.
>>
>>83438165
>Turn the page again and he's being beaten casually by random X-Teams.

when this happen?
>>
>>83438492
In Sinister's origin story he's beaten by a weakened Cyclops, non-Phoenix Jean and a Buckingham palace guard.
>>
>>83438140
>>83438404
his original power is shapeshifting, he got other powers with the help of celestial tech
>>
>>83438492
It kinda has, he's never really gone full cray-cray at full power in the comics. He always shows up to fights "weakened" somehow, it's very disappointing. Other times he's been up for it but is obsessing over these insane schemes and plots that always involve amping up the powerlevels of newely minted minions and sending them in to attack folks like the X-Men and when the minions fail or the insane plan falls apart he just gives up and goes away.
>>
>>83436864
>Thing is crafty as fuck, it's his actual superpower
YANCY STREET
A
N
C
Y

S
T
R
E
E
T
>>
>>83435758
>The MCU Civil War writers also say they are not interested in making him completely pure evil. He is meant to be a complicated person and they intend to keep it that way.

FUCKING BASED

I loved the Thanos Samaritan run, if they don't make him just "le dumb purple evil monster" I'm gonna be so happy

Only retards like Bendis write him that way
>>
>>83423387
Yes.
In sea water.
>>
>>83422949

>that time Apocalypse randomly shows up, makes some of the x-men into horsemen and then when the horsemen fuck up he's just like "fuck this" and commits sudoku

my fucking sides
>>
>>83438625
his hobby is testing mutants strength if they pass the test then they deserve to survive
>>
>>83438640
Fuck you, Bendis hasn't written him yet.
The only story that comes close to Bendis writing Apocalypse is that timetravel tween-clone-meets-tween-EnSahOnedayBeApocalypse.
That's not an Apocalypse story.
>>
>>83424333
Apocalypse was created and popularized in the time period where the X-Books became their own sub-universe with their own set of rules after X-Factor was created, and has his role set in as what he is now in the age when Claremont left and the X-Man effectively ceased interacting with everyone outside of their books.

He is therefore never, ever going to be important outside of the X-Men because his entire role and purpose is regulated to a hit 90's comics franchise that dug it's own goddamn hole when Marvel milked the fuck out of it, just like all of those newer X-Men are never, ever going to be important ever again outside of the X-Books and all major guest stars and plot points will be the original team and Claremont-era characters.
Regardless of his powers or how much they build him up, Apocalypse was fucked as a character since his initial inception, it just took six or seven years for Marvel to realize it.
>>
>>83438744
I think he is talking about Thanos
>>
>>83438744

uh anon I was talking about Thanos
>>
>>83424612
But Doom us also an unlikeable asshole.
>>
I've never read any *original* X-Factor stories(the book that he was created for) does he do anything impressive in any of those?
>>
File: Proteus.PNG.png (186 KB, 255x389) Image search: [Google]
Proteus.PNG.png
186 KB, 255x389
>>83438404
>he has the ability to transfer his consciousness into other mutants and retain the powers of his past hosts.
That was not the power set of Protheus?
>>
>>83422426

Thanos and Darkseid look like aldermen. Geesh.
>>
>>83438799
Yeah, he holds his own against the X-Men before bailing, and later constructs himself a super-powerful body that tanks Cyle's optic blast and Black Bolt's voice.
Then they just do more optic blast and voice and he explodes anyway.

He was pretty shittily written since the onset since X-Factor was not a very good book.
>>
>>83428786

That's like wearing a hat on top of another hat.
>>
>>83438783
Well that's even worse, Thanos is a crazy guy who is literally in love with the (only in Marvel) literal cosmic embodiment of death, he's not motivated by evil at all, he's motivated by love.
From his origin story on he was always intended to be humanized in that bizarre and sympathetically crazy way.
>>
>>83437005

I wouldn't worry about a man who himself needs to be concerned about updraft.

>>83437433

For anybody.

>>83438824

And why not? Maybe X-Ternals are a species unto themselves.
>>
>>83438863

Anon did you even read what I posted?

Nobody except fucking Bendis writes Thanos as "stupid big dumb evil guy". Hence me being glad that they're not going that route with MCU Thanos
>>
How is Apocalypse different from Mr. Sinister? Are their goals the same or on a different level?
>>
>>83438824
Something like that, but Proteus could warp reality itself within a limited range.
It's kinda like how telepathy and energy projection abilities seem to be commonplace powers but there's always some little distinction that makes individual muties different.
>>
File: sentry death seed thanos.jpg (246 KB, 721x1108) Image search: [Google]
sentry death seed thanos.jpg
246 KB, 721x1108
Daily reminder that we almost had a superior Apoc, but Marvel is fucking stupid
>>
>>83438904

Different.

Apocalypse wants to push all intelligent life - particularly mutants - further along, to create a world where everybody must constantly struggle and compete to survive and where only the strongest thrive. WHY he does so is a bit of a mystery.

Of course, currently he does NOT do so, being incarnated in the form of Evan who very much does not intend to become Apocalypse, while fearing he is doomed to do so.

Mister Sinister wants to rule the world - a world populated only by his specially-engineered clones. He's a classic Victorian aristocrat.
>>
>>83422426
Ugh. Yellow on Darkseid is just.... ugh.
>>
>>83438931

Eh. Robert is basically whatever he thinks he is, from moment to moment. He's kind of what you'd get if the Beyonder went nuts, I guess.
>>
>>83438941
Sinister is mad scientist who just wanted to science
>>
File: justice-league-50-i2650.jpg (302 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
justice-league-50-i2650.jpg
302 KB, 650x1000
>>83438944

How's this? Not that it matters, since he currently wears no outfit at all.
>>
>>83438931
now THAT is actual shitty character
>>
>>83438963

Once, maybe. Now he wants to take over. The science has become just a means to that end.

We saw an example of the world he wants to create a while ago, in a Gillen-penned X-men vehicle the name of which escapes me at the moment.
>>
>>83437910
He'll probably reformat the universe, but Tony Stark or somebody will REMEMBER the truth and use the power of _________ to return it all back to normal.

Expect an analogy:
>It's just like reverse engineering!
>It's just like hacking the mainframe!
>It's just like shooting an arrow in reverse!

Universe saved. Potential cameos from other superheroes made.
>>
>>83422426
Thanos and ApokaLIPS are clones/homages of Darkseid, that's it.
>>
>>83438973

Also: Holy shit. Grail is not a little girl, so DS is.. what, fifteen feet tall here?

Size isn't everything.
>>
>>83438987

I suspect Tony WILL end up with the Gauntlet and have to face the temptation of FIXING EVERYTHING, just like he always wants to do.

But then he is drawn into a maelstrom: why stop with, say, stopping the Civil War? Or stopping Ultron? Why not stop Loki? Why not stop the Red Skull? Why not stop the second world war from happening? Why not stop ALL wars ever? And Steve steps in... and they reach an agreement between themselves.

The damage from the Infinity War is restored...

And then, a reboot? A soft reboot?
>>
File: Jerkpocalypse-FEB130648.jpg (81 KB, 325x382) Image search: [Google]
Jerkpocalypse-FEB130648.jpg
81 KB, 325x382
>>83438904
Mr.Sinister is one of the guys that Apoc' recruited to be transformed into a minion but would eventually just abandon any pretense of allegience to the big blue guy.
He was originally a Victorian-age geneticist who introduced 'Poc' to the concepts of survival of the fittest and mutation, before then 'Pocalypse had no rationalization for his crazy and cruel intentions.
As reward for that Sinister was turned from normal human to basically a semi-power-copy of Apocalypse.
>>
>>83438963
This. Epic this.
>>
>>83438883
This is /co/, Anon. Nobody knows what the hell they're responding to at any given moment.
>>
>>83436864
>Thing is crafty as fuck, it's his actual superpower
And yet he never thought about punching Doom in the same place twice.
>>
>>83438973
Hmmmm better kinda? I dunno. What would it look like if those orange-y lines were red?
>>
>>83430268
Evan Sabahnur, Apocalypse's morally conflicted reincarnation, and Deadpool, who ran away with him and let him stay at his flat after AXIS. Y'know, comics.
>>
>>83439035
UMCU
>>
>>83439967

...Oh dear.
>>
>>83424900
It's pretty simple actually, he's trying to win by losing. Apocalypse wants his while survival of the fittest thing but he also wants to die to avoid having to deal with the Celestials, so at his core there is an element of him they actively wants to lose. Establish that he constantly pulls the cult act to try and get enough followers to carry his vision forward while acting as a distraction for the heroes to pummel while they do the real work. The end game would be Apocalypse dies in a blaze of glory while giving the finger to the celestials and his followers have so screwed over the world that the heroes can't save it from being reshaped in apocalypse's image.
>>
File: 1464678191587.jpg (40 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1464678191587.jpg
40 KB, 557x605
>>83436503
Sounds cool, won't happen.
>>
>>83439041
Kinda interesting. Seeing as movie Apocalypse never met Mr. Essex, he didn't seem quite so Darwinian. I don't think it was planned that way, but I still like the notion.
>>
File: 1463810529382.jpg (96 KB, 853x1266) Image search: [Google]
1463810529382.jpg
96 KB, 853x1266
>>83428150
>>
File: Hahahahaha.png (59 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Hahahahaha.png
59 KB, 250x250
>>83441881
>I knew you'd both FALL for it
>>
>>83422426
Darkseid > Apocalypse > Thanos
>m-muh beloved Death
>>
>>83422731
Thanos is goofy as fuck. His face is uber memetic
>>
>>83422949
During Busiek era, Avengers wanted to take down Apocalypse, but they couldn't find him.

The only heroes that are capable of defeating not only Apocalypse, Magneto, or Phoenix, who are all omega-level tier threats are the X-Men
>>
>>83442725
>not only
Does this comment have an Ultimate edition?
>>
>>83442839
No. I got busy with something else.
Nice that you care :3
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1199x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1199x900
Thanos is great.
>>
File: infinity2013004_gen.jpg (262 KB, 1596x2415) Image search: [Google]
infinity2013004_gen.jpg
262 KB, 1596x2415
>>
File: tmias_thanos_nintendo.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
tmias_thanos_nintendo.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>
File: 1396458395-allday049.jpg (534 KB, 1604x2000) Image search: [Google]
1396458395-allday049.jpg
534 KB, 1604x2000
>>
>>83438941
The reason he does what he does is because he agreed to advance humanity in exchange for his celestial tech.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zn38bWjzpw
>>
>>83442873
No problem ε:
>>
>>83441881
Who do i have to pay for a series of this?
>>
it's sad how after Thanos Imperative the character is back to being a shitty caricature of himself, Hickman, Aaron and Bendis took a turd on all the years of growth the character had.

Now he's just another generic bad guy, "le sabotages himself xD" or "le death lover <3" shit that's really old and hasn't been a thing since forever.

Guess Thanos Quest and infinity gauntlet were just a stroke of luck.
>>
>>83444053
This. This is after the "Samaritan", after trying to save the universe from Annihilus and after the apparently final break-up with Death in Cancerverse.

But nah, let's make him a psycho and an idiot, it will be easier to make into movies amirite?
>>
>>83423527
I beg of you to post said fallout.
>>
>>83438758
Not to be a dick, but I'm genuinely curious since I never followed X-men. Was Claremont really *that* influential? I keep seeing his name crop up in regards to definitive runs.
>>
>>83438694
I don't remember this.
>>
File: Mongul_(Prime_Earth).jpg (287 KB, 1437x765) Image search: [Google]
Mongul_(Prime_Earth).jpg
287 KB, 1437x765
>>83422426
Hey what's going on in this thread
>>
They all came out of the same jobber factory.
>>
>>83444513
daily reminder, Mongul was defeated by Sinestro twice, and by Bzzzd
>>
>>83444273
yes
The X-Men were the best selling comic book of both the 80s and 90s, and that was all because of Claremont, he made the X-Men popular, created most characters, most classic stories, and wrote them from like 1975 to 1991. One of the longest runs.
>>
>>83423331
original cartoon Apocalypse was awesome enough
never really did much jobbing and then hijacked time itself for the season4 finale
>>
>>83446409
When in his heyday it took Superman or Lobo to do that.
>>
>>83438404
But can he beat madara uchiha?
>>
>>83446786
And even after being wiped from the timeline, his spirit still survived because fuck it, why not? Sucked for Cortez though.
>>
>>83447407
Which Madara Uchiha we talking about?
>>
>>83447492
Sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
>>
>>83447557
fuaaaark
>>
Okay I want to start reading some thanos stpries. Someone here once posted a Dropbox for something that had Thanos origin. What order should I read Thanos stories. Amy links?
>>
File: fear.jpg (39 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
39 KB, 500x667
>>83447557
>Popeye's spinach

anon, this sounds OP
>>
>>83422949
>Even within the Marvel Universe, he's a nobody. Nobody aside from the X-Men really cares about him.

They actually started this crap back in his day. In the 80's Marvel had
>the High Evolutionary beat his ass
>Loki just played with him until he got bored and left, Apoc was really trying to kill him too
>Namor made him run away fast
>Apocalypse ran away from the original 5 X-Men in X-Factor every time they found him.

Apocalyse does alright against X-Men, bunch of guys with 1-2 powers each. But does horribly against Top tier flying brick types. He beat Hulk once, and beat a pre-mjolnir Thor who came back for more later on and won.

>>83424450
Thor has been kicking Magneto's ass since the 60's. He took on Mags and all the villains at the same time in Secret Wars and still won. Iron Man has beat Magneto every time they have met and it's fucking Iron Man.
>>
File: 3312258-hordak+cannon.jpg (54 KB, 480x353) Image search: [Google]
3312258-hordak+cannon.jpg
54 KB, 480x353
>>83438524
>>83438404
I thought his original power was being a non flying brick. And he can survive without food/water/air all he wants.

Then the celestial technology gave him that bonded armor that morphs into whatever technology he can think of. And with that he simulates whatever power wants with shit like giant robot claw arms, rocket feet, giant laser hands, that kind of thing.
>>
>>83438904
He's like a watered down Apocalypse in powers.

Apocalypse has limitless morphing/growing/shrinking abilities with no real rules to them. Sinister can only work with his own mass but he can shape it to whatever he wants it to be.

He got his own shapeshifting power himself by stealing it from another mutant. Begfore he was just a really strong durable armored guy. But he learned how to genetically steal and implant any mutant power he wants in or out of anybody including non-mutants.
>>
>>83446409
Sinestro of today is certainly not the Sinestro of the 70's.
>>
the best victory of Apocalypse is his first one over Kang.

And if I remember correctly, the two times Thor defeated Apocalypse he needed a special Axe super effective against celestial technology to do it. The last time was against Evan in Axis, and the other time in the far past.
>>
the RPG super effective against Celestial technology axe of Thor is called Jarnbjorn.
>>
>>83436503
He beat up Dracula.
>>
>>83441881
Thanos, more like Funos
>>
do Thanos and Darkseid have something as cool as the Age of Apocalypse event of the 90s?
>>
>>83450167
Yeah
>>
>>83424450
>avengers puff piece
>thor loses to emma frost
>THOR
>LOSES
>TO
>EMMA
>FROST
>>
>>83450537

Well, Emma "kinda" defeated the Sentry, and she didnt have the Phoenix force power boost.
>>
File: Great_Darkness_Saga_TP.jpg (59 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Great_Darkness_Saga_TP.jpg
59 KB, 400x600
>>83450167
Thanos has Infinity Gauntlet and Darkseid has The Great Darkness Saga.
>>
>>83438634
>>
>>83451493
has anybody ever storytimed this?
>>
>>83452026
Not to my knowledge.
>>
>>83443386

Is that a toilet?

>>83443422

...That's actually pretty good.

>>83449832
>a special Axe super effective against celestial technology

...The biggest McGuffin in years. The Oversword of Asgard did dick-all against the Celestials. But this axe... oh my, what an axe.

Of course it's still not as fucking retarded as All-Black the Necrosword.

>>83449893

"Iron Bear", apparently.

The aspect that infuriates me most is how this retcon negates that awesome series from... how long ago? About Thor and Loki and Sif and all as kids.

>>83451391

Defeating the Sentry mentally is easy. He's as stable as a ping pong ball in a washing machine.
>>
>>83443692
I love you. Sorry, I just...
wow
>>
>>83447557
popeye's gonna fuck him up for eating his spinach.
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.