[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Zemo a good villian or did he just get lucky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 012.png (132 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
012.png
132 KB, 500x566
Is Zemo a good villian or did he just get lucky?
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 589x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 589x600
There's yet to be a good marvel villain. So bo, he was just lucky.
>>
>>83410963
>random guy keikakus the living shit out of everyone because muh family is dead
>>
>>83411007
>1.jpg
fuuuuuuuuck right off
>>
He got lucky in the overall sense. His plan didn't need to go to that extreme for it work but he adjusted
>>
>>83411007
This. The last good marvel villain was Loki. That's says alot.
>>
>marvel villain
>good
>>
He was a good villain.
He was a poor Zemo.

I hope they get shit done next time he shows up and superglue the fuck out of him
>>
>>83410963
Yes and yes. He came at the right time for the accords.
>>
>>83410963
He's good as an antagonist in that he exemplifies why being patient, observant and adaptive works better than planning a long rigged scheme.
>>
>>83411364
>thinking Zemo needs the glue

He was at his best post-CounterEarth when he was hot again
>>
>>83411418
I just want him to feel more like the character he's supposed to be.
They've already made him a sokovite who despises hydra, and I can't remember if he's of noble descent any more... So there's not much left to work with
>>
>>83411450
He was pretty much Zemo in everything but those surface details you seem to think are important because you read them off wikipedia to seem knowledgeable. The only flaw is that he doesn't have the rival streak yet but they can add that in eventually.
>>
>>83411482
dude. no need to get defensive here
I'm not pretending to be an expert here. But you can't deny that him being a blue-blooded german nazi makes a lot of his character.
MCU Zemo not being so makes him radically different on the inside, hence my hopes for an approximation through dramatism (the costume)
>>
File: calvinhobbscalmdown.jpg (37 KB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
calvinhobbscalmdown.jpg
37 KB, 320x353
>>83411482
holy fuck anon
chill
he's got a point
>>
>>83411556
Confirmed for not rading Zemo other than a couple wikis. Helmut Zemo for much of his publishing history was not a generic nazi character. His father was. He was not.
>>
>>83411628
Not that guy, but no he really doesn't. It's the same superficial bullshit people have been parroting that isn't even accurate. Zemo is more than costume. Him even being affiliated with Hydra is something done in recent history.
>>
>>83411007
Hi 1.jpg, did trying to force the power Rangers meme finally get boring?
>>
I like that his villain plan wasn't fit into the story the way they usually are. Normally, we get bits and pieces, and then at the end we find out how "everything went according to plan!" and the heroes only stop him at the last second (eg Loki in Avengers). Zemo had a plan, but we saw parts of it fail and him adjust accordingly; also, having him kill the soldiers at the ending was a nice twist on how these things usually play out in cape stuff.
>>
>>83411728
sorry. poor choice of words. I meant Hydra
>>
>>83411862
Hydra is a recent thing for him. Added in the past 10 years, if even that.

Most people want Thunderbolts era Zemo.
>>
>>83411450
Hydra is not that necessary to Zemo. In EMH, he even gave up his position as leader to focus solely on getting even on Captain America.
>>
>>83411834
>also, having him kill the soldiers at the ending was a nice twist on how these things usually play out in cape stuff.

That was Steve. He knocked them out to save his friends at the Raft.
>>
>>83413076
He meant, the scene where the heroes finally reach the super soldier chambers, but the super soldiers have bullets in their heads
>>
>>83413076
he's talking about the super soldiers, Zemo shot them all in the head
>>
I'd say this was the first time "Getting caught was part of the plan" wasn't retarded. So sick and tired of that showing up in every damn Hollywood movie. Skyfall was probably the worst, but Nolan deserves a place in hell for popularizing it in the batman movies.

It helped that the one getting caught wasn't the one planning.
>>
Didn't he get lucky? His entire plan hinged on driving a wedge between the Avengers and making them fight one another, but the only reason it worked was because Sam trusted Tony enough to tell him the location in Siberia. If that didn't happen, and Tony never showed up, what would he have done then?
>>
>>83413628
probably had a way out and would have emailed Tony the video or something, his plan didn't depend on it happening right there
>>
>>83410963
>>83413628
His whole plan was:

Get the Hydra guys to reveal evidence about the Stark's murder (which he knew was Bucky from the Sony leaks) and then send it to Tony. Nothing more.

He hit a couple of bumps: it was recorded on tape and the dude that knew made it so that he needed to get to Bucky to get to the location, but he turned it into an advantage by blaming Bucky and getting Tony to go after him.

But he didn't need the accords or anything for that to work, which kind of proved his point that the Avengers are fickle.
>>
>>83411482
>being a nobleman
>'surface detail' to zemo.
>>
>>83411044
So he is bad by being bad?
>>
>>83411133
Only if you're a film fag

>not magneto, doom, or thanos
>>
>>83411364
THey nailed the important things that make Helmut Helmut. Namely the motivation (You killed my daddy, Steve) and the fact that he literally is a batman preptime meme level strategist. And that scene that was just him staring into Steve's eyes saying he thought he was the perfect man covers the secretly gay for Cap bits
ANd he's still alive so he has plenty of time to fuck up his face and wear a purple sock.
>>
Protip: If you think the headsock and sword and him being related to HYDRA are Zemo's most essential aspects, you only read his profile on Wikipedia or only saw him EMH
>>
>>83416935
>saw him EMH
I thought EMH used Heinrich.
>>
File: BaronZemoII_01.jpg (99 KB, 505x757) Image search: [Google]
BaronZemoII_01.jpg
99 KB, 505x757
>>83416960
They used a mash up of Helmut and Heinriech. Avengers Alliance did a similar thing.

But I bet his daddy didn't have such a nice ass.
>>
>>83416935
I don't think you saw EMH, then. He dropped Hydra the moment he broke out to focus exclusively on destroying Cap.
>>
When you talking monkey speak for a joke and she laugh.
>>
>>83410963
Zemo didn't get lucky.

He got Bucky.
>>
>>83410963

he is a well written plot device.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.