[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the antagonist in this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 799x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 799x1066
Who was the antagonist in this movie?
>>
>>83296005
Stupidity
>>
It had a villain protagonist and a hero antagonist.
>>
MAN.
>>
>>83296197
damn...
>>
>>83296005
Koduh
>>
Vengence.
>>
Hatred and misunderstanding.
>>
>>83296291
>>83296246
These
>>
>>83296005
Themselves
>>
i have the videogame!
>>
>>83296005

>I'd rather be a bear
This movie was nothing more filthy furry propaganda
>>
File: 1444306545494.jpg (94 KB, 288x798) Image search: [Google]
1444306545494.jpg
94 KB, 288x798
>>83300229
It wasn't about being a bear, anon. It was about doing the right thing and looking after his little brother.

I genuinely don't understand the nearly universal distaste for this film. It's one of my all-time favourites.
>>
>>83300322
People hated it? First I heard of it, I thought it pretty good.
>>
>>83300322
Yeah, it's easily one of my favorites as well!

If you had to say the antagonist was a character and not a concept, I'd say that the antagonist changes throughout the movie. Koda's mom appears to be the antagonist at first, and maybe even Denahi.

Kenai is more of an anti-hero for a good portion of the movie, and he serves as an antagonist to himself, because he refuses to look inside himself and be who he truly is. Once Kenai accepts himself, at least partially, Denahi becomes the full-time antagonist for the rest of the movie.

Selfishness is a big antagonist here. It's what keeps Kenai from making sure the basket is secured, which leads to the death of Sitka and Koda's mom. It's what makes Kenai rebuke his totem, because he selfishly wants to be something else. It keeps him from connecting with Koda for reasons other than finding him annoying.

Kenai has to learn to embrace his inner nature and how his actions affect those around him. By choosing to love, he chooses to turn away from selfishness.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.