[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people hate Miles Morales but love Kamala Khan because they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 32
File: c25.png (1 MB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
c25.png
1 MB, 1400x1000
>people hate Miles Morales but love Kamala Khan because they're more intimidated by a male ethnic character change than a female ethnic character who they can just fetishsize

Prove me wrong /co/.
>>
I dont hate Miles, I wish he'd been given room to grow before he became perma caught up in Ultimate universe bullshit. And now its too late, he's a meme character
>>
Miles has the crucial disadvantage of being written by a distracted bendis, and thus has been decompresssed to doing a fat load of nothing for years.

Second, /co/ is both gay as fuck, and will fetishize the fuck out of spandex wearing shotas.

Their power level differnce cannot be simply because of fetish levels.
>>
bump this gay earth
>>
>>83233299
Maybe Miles was a bad choice. I'm also talking about other well written characters like Cho and stuff. This board seems to like him a little bit but I always see more negativity compared to positivity. I can't really say the same for Mrs. Marvel.
>>
I don't hate Miles. I just think the majority of his stories are bland and on content he really doesn't deserve the popularity he has. I HATE GANKE

And I especially feel like if Marvel were looking for a "male ethnic character" to promote then Patriot made for a better choice.
>>
>>83233566
The only people who have a problem with Cho are the same people who have a problem with Kamala.
>>
People don't like Miles cause he's fucking boring as shit.
>>
People don't hate Robbie Reyes, nice try OP
>>
/co/ doesn't hate Miles. He's an empty vessel, not even worth getting worked up about.

At least Kamala has a personality.
>>
>>83233183
>people like a good MC of a good book more than the boring MC of a mediocre book
Who'd a thunk it?
>>
People like Robbi Reyes. Well people on /co/ likes him.
To be fair people proabbly hate Miles also because Pete died for him. And he totally did then was really boring.
>>
File: 1446595126148.jpg (69 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
1446595126148.jpg
69 KB, 500x398
>>83233183
I dislike both.
>>
>>83233657
Don't even get me started on how they treated Eli.

>>83233759
They may not hate him but for some reason he never got the fanbase that Kamala got.
>>
>>83233763
This is a pretty accurate summation.
>>
>>83234093
He never got the push.
>>
>>83233183
No, the problem with Miles is that he's almost exclusively written by Bendis, every time Miles has appeared under someone else's pen, he's been a very enjoyable character, race has nothing to do with it /pol/
>>
>>83233183
I don't hate Miles though. I just think he's wasted potential. Every now and then, a great character shines through. I WANT to like Miles. There's a really solid and interesting character there.

But fuck man, Bendis has just spent years squandering him.
>>
>>83233183
Are you saying that people would like Miles more if he was "Kamalafied" and became Miley Morales?

Because my dick say yes, this is true.

but my good taste say, no, the difference is just good writting
>>
Miles is trapped in the shittiest possible situation. He needs to stop being written by Bendis, because all of his stories are are bland and he's had absolutely no growth since his debut. He's also Spider-Person #16854456 that really didn't need to be made instead of his own secret identity or even as the legacy hero of one that doesn't already have about a million other similar heroes. The only problem I have with him is he keeps getting pushed while other teen heroes fall by the way side, seriously where the fuck are Mania and Robbie Reyes. Since this is going to get 450+ replies might as well throw my two cent in.

>>83234093
Don't get me started on how they treat all the OG Young Avengers. Tommy is still being treated an accessory for Billy
>>
/co/ can relate to little girls better.
>>
>>83233183
I hate Marvel's white female characters more than their ethnic characters, male or female.

Robbie Reyes, Miles, Kamala, Cho, I like them all.

Jane Foster, Bennett's Angela, Henderson/North's Squirrel Girl, Leth's Hellcat, now THESE are some characters I hate.

Gwenpool is my waifu though.
>>
>>83233183

Does anyone ACTUALLY hate Miles? The most negative emotion I ever see expressed towards him is complete apathy because nothing particularly interesting has ever been done with his character and most of his fights are boring as hell because they revolve around him poking the enemy and waiting a few seconds for the venom blast to kick in.
>>
>>83234501
I like her costume, the dreads are cool, but the mask should cover all the face.

>>83234506
These last issues Miles have been shitting on SJW. Does it count as his personal problem that setembro him apart? Anyway, Robbie deserved more space.
>>
>>83233183
>fetishize

when did faggots all collectively decide that heterosexual attraction is """""""""fetishism""""""""""?
>>
>>83233183
>men like male characters: SEXISM
>men like female characters: ALSO SEXISM

you faggots never know what you want us to like, you just know that you're pissed off about whatever it is we decide to like
>>
I hate Miles because he's black and Spider-Man.
>>
File: 1460846697378.png (271 KB, 427x467) Image search: [Google]
1460846697378.png
271 KB, 427x467
>>83234722
>>
>>83233183
The only reason Miles was created was because Bendis wanted to create a black Spider-man. If he was any other race, it would still had worked. Although Kamala might had been the same in regards to the reason behind her creation, her race actually plays a role in defining her and her interaction with those around her.
>>
>>83234713
It's not at all an out there observation that /co/ is more receptive to new female characters over male characters cause at the very base level, even if everything else is shit, they still have new fap material.

This is true for Gwenpool, Kamala, and Silk.
>>
>>83234762
I'm not an /mlp/fag tho. I just put the pic there for reference.
>>83234757
So I was right?
>>
>>83234622
I remember reading that page about the blogger finding out Miles was black, is that the actual arc they're going for right now? What does he do make a psa that he doesn't want to be known as black Spider-ManEven though it's the only way to distinguish between him and Peter whether you're talking about race or costume
>>
File: Marvel Gearhead Ship-id.png (178 KB, 800x650) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Gearhead Ship-id.png
178 KB, 800x650
Still waiting for Waid to bring Robbie into ANADA.
They need more cheap transportation.
>>
>>83234766
>co always says
>how do you make a _____ character
>just write character well
but apparently now you have to write their race as important too
>>
>>83234722
Maybe you belong in /pol/ then, because your OP is purely a /pol/ topic.
>>
>>83234629
It is fetishism if the SOLE reason you like Kamala is that she's brown and a muzzie or some shit.

Like you like her for what she represents rather than what she is.
>>
You could make Miles a white guy and literally nothing would change
>>
>>83233183
We hate miles because it the opprotunity for robbie to corrupt little kamala.
>>
>>83234788
Are you OP? I don't know if you're right, I'm just saying: I wouldn't mind Miles if he was anyone else, but Spider-Man is white.
>>
>>83234884
Kamala only deserves Miles's BBC
>>
>>83234884
>Corrupt
>implying he's not a fine upstanding gentleman who just so happens to be possessed by a demonic ghost
>>
>>83234884
>robbie
>corrupt

Please, that boy is more pure than Kamala
>>
>>83234787

So what? Why are you so dickhurt that /co/ likes what it likes, instead of what you feel entitled to have /co/ like?
>>
both are made to appease the SJW that don' t read comics

whatever they choose, we already lost
>>
File: 1464297194110.jpg (1 MB, 991x1522) Image search: [Google]
1464297194110.jpg
1 MB, 991x1522
>>83233183
Never forget.
>>
>>83234788
Yeah but /mlp/ stuff is banned on all boards but three
Also a whole thread can be deleted because of one /mlp/ pic
>>
>>83235111
...?

I was just stating that OP wasn't wrong.
>>
>>83235283
lost what you tremendous faggot

Don't pretend any of this shit matters enough to call it a "war".
>>
>>83234549
Most of /co/ are little girls
>>
File: 1463622587222.png (434 KB, 526x359) Image search: [Google]
1463622587222.png
434 KB, 526x359
>>83234884
No. Kamala X Ahura is the true otp and the one that makes the most sense.
>>
File: 1361326654822.jpg (241 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1361326654822.jpg
241 KB, 720x960
>>83234501
I may not speak for everyone, but there are certain condition where I could overlook the writing.
>>
Actually, I prefer Miles to Kamala

>hispanic character
>they make him black
Not every spic is a black fuck
I know it because I'm hispanic
>>
Oh hey don't mind me just sitting in the corner over here.
>>
>>83233183
I like Miles better.

Fuck Kamala and this pathetic waifu circlejerk around her.
>>
>>83235500
Patience, my son. Your new book is on its way.

One day they'll know.
>>
>>83235357
I didn't know that. I got banned for fucking 13 minutes...

>>83234886
Yup. But in the Spider-verse there were plenty of other Peter Parkers. Even non-human ones.
>>
1) Kamala is a girl!
2) She's cute!
3) I love her!
4) Kamala!
>>
>>83234315
You need to earn your push. Falcon got the big shield instead.
>>
File: xh73o8b.png (802 KB, 847x620) Image search: [Google]
xh73o8b.png
802 KB, 847x620
>>83234884
>Robbie
>Corrupt
Therein lies the rub.
Robbie's legitimately the nicest possible love interest.
I want to see Kamala attempting to upset her parents by claiming they're dating, only for them to love his work ethic, grades, community service, and devotion to Gabe.
>>
I don't read this. How strong is this girl out of curiosity?

She's not another Whor is she....
>>
>>83236690
She's nowhere near preachy and self-important enough to be Whor.
>>
>>83236690
She's not really that strong her only power is to grow think fodder X-Men tier
>>
>>83233183
People just hate miles when he's written by Bendis
he's a pretty cool character when literally anyone writes him
>>
>>83233183
>fuck up Peter's marriage because writing adults is hard
>turn him into Batman Inc
>do nothing with Childish Gamspido

Ugh. It's not like they don't have decades of Spidey to rob from.
>>
>>83236810
>and self-important enough to be Whor.
... but she is pretty fucking important. She's the wielder of Mjolnir for fucks sake.
>>
>>83237356
A frog can fucking wield mjolnir how important can it be.
>>
>>83235445
Is Ahura a curry as well? He looks like one.
>>
>>83237384
>how important can it be.
Uhh good point there.

But the point still stands. She's a heavy hitter in the Avengers now. She's earned her due.
>>
>>83235472
So you're a white fuck?
>>
File: shaytan.jpg (374 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
shaytan.jpg
374 KB, 618x800
>>
>>83238217
Lmao. It's weird to see how straight her nose gets when she's not drawn by the original artists. It's like everyone wants her to become Latino or something.
>>
File: spider-man1.jpg (144 KB, 486x738) Image search: [Google]
spider-man1.jpg
144 KB, 486x738
Does Miles quip and banter when he fights like how Peter does? I always see panels posted where he looks sad or moping.
>>
>>83233183
I'm fine with Miles. I hate Khmala because her comic ignores the reality of Islam. They never once acknowledge it. And her creator encouraged vandalism of anti-Islamic posters.
>>
>>83233183
Go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>83234093

>They may not hate him but for some reason he never got the fanbase that Kamala got.

This is for the exact same reason that within the Adventure Time Fandom PB and Marceline have far bigger fanbase than both Fin and Jake combined.

It has nothing to do with race Anon. It has everything to do with middle aged men wanting to fuck something.
>>
>>83238542
Sometimes. But generally he's more skittish. He's been "the new Spider on the block" for the majority of his existence, so a lot of his fights involve him making observations or being upset. The quips are sprinkled onto the fights, instead of soaking them, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>83238643
>muh boogeyman
>>
>why I dislike Miles
Brian Michael Bendis
>why I like Kamala
G. Willow Wilson
>>
>>83233183
Miles has less personality than my discarded foreskin. Kamala is cute and fun to read and follow. I'm sorry nobody wants your WE WUZ SPIDERMAN.
>>
>>83233183
Jaime Reyes
>>
>>83234822
Muslim isn't a race, dipshit. A character's cultural background should be properly reflected in the writing.
>>
>>83234822
No.
We're saying you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
If you want to make a character interesting with a specific background, write that into their actions and stories.
Take the new Nighthawk run.
That is a character defined by race. It tinges this entire first issue.
Sam's run as Cap has made waves because he talked about political issues and that is absolutely what I want to see from a Cap run. He is differentiated from Steve via his views and actions because not everyone is the same in that regard.
And then there is the turd that was Queen of Hel. They made magical angel warriors act like Friends characters, for fuck's sake!
Anyway, Kamala has managed to act accordingly to her upbringing, be influenced by what she is and still be inoffensive enough not to cause a big political blowout.
>>
>>83233657
I used to like Ganke, but the latest issue made me hate him. As for Miles, I think he can be decent when other people write him. When Bendis writes him, it's like he's less interested in making Miles a good character and more interested in having everyone around him tell the reader that he's awesome and that anyone who dislikes him is wrong. I wouldn't miss him if Marvel decided to retire him, but I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy, either.
>>
>>83234787
I hated Silk when she was introduced but grew to like her in her own series. It all depends on the writer.
>>
File: Spider-man54.jpg (2 MB, 2099x1657) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man54.jpg
2 MB, 2099x1657
>>83233183
Carol Danvers didn't die so Kamala could be introduced. Also, Kamala's Ms. Marvel has been really good, and good comics absolves all sins.
>>
File: Kamala Khan30.jpg (467 KB, 1067x1100) Image search: [Google]
Kamala Khan30.jpg
467 KB, 1067x1100
>>83235445
Medusa's dreams her boy could find such a nice girl as Kamala. She's the only new Inhuman that has any real staying power.
>>
>>83233566
Amadeus is fine. Not great, not that original, but I like him well enough.
Like to see him get his own, non-Hulk hero identity, though.
>>
>>83233183
I like Kamala because she's a goofball with funny superpowers. Also because she defends Jersey, which is...not a city you usually see superheroes defending.
>>
>>83240690
there seems to be a running undertone that this isn't 'his' Hulk, it's Banner's Hulk transferred into him. So it seems pretty inevitable that the run is gonna end with Bruce getting Big Green back
>>
>>83240675
why are there no fics about Medusa seducing Kamala?
>>
>>83234622
Nonsense! Civilians in comic books are morons who can't recognize you the instant you put on a domino mask.
>>
>>83233183
Do what for her? Because I'm not sure I can be bothered.
>>
>>83240779
Of course, but I want to see Amadeus be his own guy rather than the kid that hangs around with Bruce and Herc. Give him some tech gear, let him go around solving crimes, yadda yadda.
>>
>>83233183
I'm gay.
Kammy is cute and even though the pop-culture references are a little too much sometimes she's relatively interesting and well written.

Miles is fucking boring and written by Bendis.
>>
>>83235500
One of the best superhero story arcs of the past 20 years.
>>
>>83235357
Does that mean one can deliberately destroy a thread by posting ponies?
>>
>>83233759
I fucking hate robbie
>>
>>83236143
And then they start hinting that Kamala should marry Robbie and Kamala's like "what have I got myself into"
>>
File: Kamala Khan32.png (285 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Kamala Khan32.png
285 KB, 500x500
>>83240789
Because all evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing.
>>
>>83233183
It's Bendis.

Damn near everytime Miles is written by somebody else he becomes tolerable.
>>
>>83240928
When is Bendis going to get off the man Miles comic?
>>
>>83239264
>If you want to make a character interesting with a specific background, write that into their actions and stories.
Plenty of characters whiteness or Americanness or whatever has nothing to do with their background
>>
>>83237356
But Why? Why? Who is she? What has she done to earn the hammer? How do we know she's worthy if we don't know who she is? The first book doesn't answer any of these questions.

OG Thor actually did something in his first appearance to earn the title, because he broke himself out of a cave with nothing but puny human strength and sheer determination (and a lever). Odin had set him a test of character to see if he was worthy to regain his title. Fem!Thor never went through that kind of test to earn the hammer. She just picked it up and POOF.

Which means that at some point the writers have to make clear how this woman is such a good person that she is allowed to wield the hammer. Like making her an MSF doctor in Syria. That would instantly qualify her for the hammer.

Does her second or third book explore her character? Do we actually get to know who she is? Or is her identity still a secret?
>>
>>83238643
Go back to /Pol/.
>>
>>83240944
The same day that Slott gets taken off of ASM.
>>
>>83240961
We do know who she is, it's cancer-ridden Jane Foster
>>
>>83240789
Sounds like the kind of thing you'll have to write yourself.
>>
I don't dislike Miles and I think Kamala is shit.
>>
>>83235337
I hate the fact that the colorist working on this book is ruining Based Asrar's art.
>>
>>83233183
Miles involved killing Petet Parker just to have a black Spiderman.

Carol Danvers was already iconic but was merely Ms. Marvel never had a character worthy of the title Captain Marvel. Elevating Carol to that role acknowledged her status in the comics. The Ms. Marvel titled had to be filled, so they gave it to a Carol fangirl ( who just happens to be a Muslim)

Thats the key difference.
>>
>>83238630
Hello I am a Muslim.
>>
>>83241013
How is SHE worthy?
>>
>>83240946
Hm?
For all Marvel characters white US-American is the default. And it pisses me off to no end when they always ignore European characters' backgrounds and act like there are no cultural differences.
This is even worse with Iso, who was literally plucked out of rural China, but she exhibits absolutely no cultural mannerisms that reflect this.
Seriously, if you ever talked to Chinese women, you will notice that they simply act differently than Americans, Europeans or anyone not from that part of China.
>>
>>83241101
>visiting a board dedicated to the depiction of Allah's creation in art
repent, sinner.
>>
>>83240961
>Who is she?
Jane Foster
>What has she done to earn the hammer?
you don't 'earn' the hammer. the hammer decides if it wants to work with you or not. there's no clear cut rules for what 'worthy' means it's just Mjolnir's own judgement.

>How do we know she's worthy if we don't know who she is? The first book doesn't answer any of these questions.
Her current ongoing is about figuring out why Odin is acting like a dickbag (it's The Serpent) and keeping Asgard from being overrun by the Malekith/Roxxon/Enchantress alliance
>>
>>83233183
I don't like either of them and dislike minorities greatly.
>>
File: PSX_20160527_083758.jpg (817 KB, 1195x1868) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160527_083758.jpg
817 KB, 1195x1868
I'm just gonna leave this here.
>>
>>83241135
>actually reading female thor

So do you eat out of garbage cans or just suck mold from your walls to survive?
>>
>>83233183
>muslim character
>does not wear rapescarf

Not really a muslim, then. Just someone of Middle-Eastern ethnicity and culture. Of course, people tend to make the mistake of treating Islam as a racial group a whole lot.

Islam can go fuck itself, and so can propaganda depictions of it.
>>
>>83241101
Hello, I am an anti-theistic atheist.
Piss off, you primitive.
>>
>>83238630
>her comic ignores the reality of Islam
G. Willow Wilson is a Muslim, who spent several years in Cairo then came back to the states. the book isn't about what it's like being a muslim in saudi arabia or whatever. It's about being a second generation immigrant in America and finding a way to filter and adapt your culture to the western world rather than reject one or the other.
>>
>>83241135
Mjolinir's own judgment...gasp! Does that mean Mjolnir could pick ME? I would be honored!

Except that if Mjolnir picked me, It would be proof that the hammer has poor judgment. :[
>>
>>83241199
G. Willow Wilson is a mental white woman who converted to Islam though.

And muslims don't filter or adapt their culture to the western world. They just shit out countries up with their savage beliefs and behaviour
>>
File: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 007-019.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
The Mighty Thor (2015-) 007-019.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83241168
garbage, all the way
>>
>>83241101

Nice blog post. ;-)
>>
>>83241168
I survive on trail mix and Mountain Laurel leaves, for the most part.
>>
>>83241221
>Muslims fail to adapt
>here's this book aimed at young Muslims encouraging them to adapt
>this is somehow bad in your eyes
>>
>>83233183
I'm black and I think Miles sucks though it's mainly Bendis' fault for crippling his character development at the beginning and giving him shitty powers

> Hey everyone! Remember Peter? Man Peter was fucking awesome, Peter, Peter Peter Peter Peter! Fuck fleshing out this new guy, let's suck Peter's dick some more.

> Uh-oh it looks like I'm having trouble with this fight, I could come up with a plan, make a tactical retreat, OR I'LL JUST VENOM BLAST THEM. YEAH LET'S GO WITH THAT FOR EVERY FIGHT!
>>
>>83241199
it's like "The Jazz Singer", only with superpowers and without Blackface.
>>
>>83233763
He's a jar head. I could see him joining the military as some special ops but ejecting SHIELD because he's trying to be a working class hero or whatever
>>
>>83233183
Everybody grew up with Spider-Man, and have an idea of what kind of character Spider-Man is supposed to be. And Miles Morales is not that character.

Nobody grew up with Ms. Marvel and nobody gives a shit about her, so a brand new Ms. Marvel isn't any different from a brand new superhero.
>>
>>83241157
Leroy is the greatest Spider-man.
>>
>>83233299
>implying fetishizing spandex wearing shotas is a bad thing
>>
>>83241243
>create a product full of artwork depicting living creatures, which is generally considered taboo in Islam, to try and teach them something

You're an idiot. The book isn't for Muslims, its for westerners.
>>
>>83241254
>Nobody grew up with Ms. Marvel
You know that's not true.
>>
>>83241265
any muslim that had an axe to grind about that would never emigrate to a land with billboard advertisements everywhere
>>
>>83241243
You see, all you have t do is show those terrible savages what terrible savages they are and how they can never hope to be good enough.
That will make them all integrate!
>>
>>83233566
Anyone who hates Cho also hates Kamala.

It is generally agreed by men of taste that he and Herc are great in IH.
>>
>>83241307
didn't IH get cancelled like a month ago?
>>
>>83241286
Okay, nobody grew up with a continuous series of years of Ms. Marvel. They might've had one or two of her, but then the series was dropped or forgotten several times.

On the other hand, we've had a continuous line of Spider-Man comics since forever. We've had TV shows and two movie reboots. Everybody knows that Spider-Man is some nerdy white kid who got bullied in school, got his Uncle Ben shot, and great power with great responsibility. Take that away, and what do you have? A lot of people wondering who this black kid is wearing Spidey's underwear.

Nobody is really wondering about this kid wearing Ms. Marvel's underwear, because the older Ms. Marvel is forgotten or unknown by a lot of them. What is that ONE, MAJOR even which would define Ms. Marvel's backstory anyways?
>>
>>83241221
Christ, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Do you know why shit like ISIS is gaining traction? It's because the serious fundies are angry and feel isolated at the sight of their religion gradually secularizing so as to fit into the western arena comfortably. It's a reaction to a feeling of being lost and without identity in a place that is slowly turning the people you perceive as 'your people' into something else. Go to any major city with a large Muslim population and you'll find a large percentage of them not really being very good Muslims at all, in the same way that most Christians aren't particularly good Christians.

We've seen this happen with religions before.
>>
>>83241318
Talking about the original Incredible Hercules back when Cho was introduced. The well-written one.
>>
>>83241197
*tips fedora*
>>
>>83241363
oh, you're talking about the Hulk book, I thought you were talking about the Hercules book
>>
>>83241365
*mutilates vulva*
>>
>>83241375
*circumcises penis*
>>
>>83241356
>Do you know why shit like ISIS is gaining traction?
Because the terrorist portions of these religions want to gain power, the people in leadership positions and positions of power keep spitting out more xenophobic ideas, and they use that to convince people to come work on their side. When your neighborhood is getting bombs, U.S. relief forces are heading home and ignoring you for months, and some dickheads stop by saying that it is all America's fault, who do you think those people are going to believe?

Then don't even give a fuck that ISIS is responsible for 90% of their awful living conditions. They're just going to care about who is coming to their door and offering a damn loaf of bread for their family.
>>
>>83233321
>gmo
>bad
>>
>>83233183
Miles is the least intimidating ethnic character that has ever been. He is just an Bendis egotrying to leave a permanent mark on the spidey mythos. You are right about Kamala though, she is just brown Empowered.
>>
>>83240862
Depends on the mod
>>
File: persepolis-images.jpg (127 KB, 2362x1278) Image search: [Google]
persepolis-images.jpg
127 KB, 2362x1278
>>83233183

They didn't find any fun characters for Miles to rip off.
>>
I like Kamala because she reminds me of why I loved Faith in the original Valiant run of Harbinger and not this oversexed trollop they've turned her into now
>>
>>83233183
Have no experience with Miles. Don't like Kamala because she's meant to appeal to cutefags and Islamophiles, of which I am neither.
>>
>>83241296
Yes and protecting them from the consequences of their actions, referring to any critics of their death cult as racists, and allowing them to form insular communities is a sterling option.
>>
>>83241547
Except Empowered is good.
>>
>>83241964
Kamala is pretty much the opposite of punk though.

She's a huge dork.
>>
>>83242267

So was Marjane
>>
File: EMP.jpg (160 KB, 1195x381) Image search: [Google]
EMP.jpg
160 KB, 1195x381
>>83241547

>brown Empowered

She gets tied up and has her clothing disintegrate? or she speaks in a cringe inducing level of fake slang?

The difference could save your life
>>
>>83235445
>still no chapter with Kamala healing Ahura's heart
>>
>>83233183
Kamala is cute
That is all
>>
>>83242214
Are you honestly demanding a fucking comic book to solve the cultural clash of the 21st century?
Look at the fucking book! They just had a multicultural wedding with a black girl from a Christian household, don't raise an eyebrow at extramarital relationships and have spoken out against any kind of supremacist or segregational sentiment.
From the perspective of Islamic fundamentalism Kamala is highly subversive and basically poison to dogma.
She's hanging with a bunch of Christian dudes and wrestles impure space monsters for fun.
If that is offensive to you, you can probably find an imam to agree with you.
>>
File: 1444843834961.jpg (26 KB, 200x350) Image search: [Google]
1444843834961.jpg
26 KB, 200x350
>>83233183
Joke's on you, I don't like Kamala either!
>>
I didn't mind miles until Marvel started promoting him as the main spider-man in 616, then those awful first two issues of his new run legitimately made me hate him by pure extension of my Bends hate.
>>
>>83233183
I'd think it has more to do with people give a shit about Peter and not Carol, or even Mar-Vell.
>>
>>83235455
Mein neigger
>>
>>83234822
If their culture should by rights affect how they act, how they perceive the world, and what challenges they may face because of it? Hell yes. If you make spiderman a first-gen chinese immigrant he should reflect that, not just be the same quippy Peter Parker with slandty-eye action. Ignoring those differences is just making a token race character.
>>
>>83235472
>Not every spic is a black fuck
>I know it because I'm hispanic
So go read Nova. Or Green Lantern. I'm sure there are more.
>>
>>83241157
Based Leroy
>>
>>83235839
Spider-verse was trash.
>>
>>83233828
I fucking hate him
>>
File: 1463926091952.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1463926091952.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>83234501
Miley is a cute.

>those hips and ass
>>
Reminder that black chick from homecoming casting will be Ms Marvel of MCU
>>
>>83242311
>or she speaks in a cringe inducing level of fake slang?
One out of two ain't bad, buddy.
>>
File: angrmala.jpg (2 MB, 2068x3300) Image search: [Google]
angrmala.jpg
2 MB, 2068x3300
>>
I want Robbie Reyes to get a better fanbase. He's certainly more interesting than Miles
>>
>>83233183
Pros for Kamala includes NOT being written or created by Benis.
>>
>>83234506
>stop being written by Bendis
And Waid. Don't forget Waid.
>>
File: 1453495188985.png (355 KB, 1099x700) Image search: [Google]
1453495188985.png
355 KB, 1099x700
>>
Miles is just a bland character, there really is no point in working with him, kamala actually has a personality and is likeable

surprisingly, miles is more of a meme character than kamala, and kamala is pure silliness

Also BENDIS
>>
>>83241221
If that's true, then why haven't I died yet? I regularly go see my doctor who's a Muslim. If he was truly unable to adapt and is some savage mongrel, why hasn;t he killed me? Wouldn't be hard for him.
>>
Top tier bait thread.
>>
>>83242330
Also the writing.
>>
>>83234936
you mean his crusty shrimp latino dick?
>>
>>83244775
Bendis? the writer?
>>
>>83240862
Such a one as would do this, does so at the expense of his own posting rights. Could a man so absolutely mad dwell among us, that he would destroy himself knowing that he had destroyed that which offends him? Call Kamala at once! Or maybe a different superhero.
>>
>>83245403
Yeah, Bendis, the writer for Marvel Comics.
Also anon I just read your mind.
>>
>>83241343
>What is that ONE, MAJOR even which would define Ms. Marvel's backstory anyways?
For Carol as Ms. Marvel, that would be getting power-drained and lobotomized by Rogue.
>>
>>83244654
Why would you wear a costume that you feel embarrassed to wear?
>>
>>83245742
Marvel Comics, the comic book publishing company?
>>
>>83245812
Yes anon, that comic book company people like because they're...you know...Gay.
>>
>>83241343
>ONE, MAJOR even which would define Ms. Marvel's backstory anyways?
Interdimensional incest rape and subsequent PTSD
>>
>>83245882
This too, but the kids know the Rogue thing more.
>>
Kamala's book is good, and she isn't trying replace an existing white hero.
>>
>>83233183
How can you call it fetishization when i i want to fuck all female comic book characters, regardless of race, OP?
>>
File: 1370821940809.png (17 KB, 167x201) Image search: [Google]
1370821940809.png
17 KB, 167x201
>>83236143

He's so pretty.
>>
>>83234501
Isn't that more or less Araña?
>>
>>83245842
Gay, as in happy?
>>
>>83245795
Because she is in public for the first time. Obviously she didn't mentally prepare herself for that.
>>
>>83245938
But in that context when you think Ms. Marvel your internal Wikipedia entry reads "The blond who Rogue nicked her powers off". So really, she's only someone in relation to Rogue. If you think of the character herself, then it's her crazy alcoholic behaviour and abrasive attitude that sticks in the mind. She's a super-fuckup. That has a lot of potential, and makes her somewhat sympathetic. She's ruined now, of course, but carcrash Carol was definitely worth reading.
>>
>>83245659
Mad, am I? They all call me mad! But I shall take them down with me! HA HA HA HA HA!
>>
>>83244654
if Kamala's parents knew she was wearing this, they would go nuclear.
>>
>>83246676
Ha ha! Attempted honor killing.
>>
>>83246653

NEXT WEEK ON /CO/MICS, WILL THE MAD PONY POSTER TRIUMPH OVER OUR BRAVE COMICS-DISCUSSORS?

CHECK YOUR LOCAL NEWSSTAND

EXCELSIOR
>>
>>83235445
Have they even interacted yet?
>>
>>83249061
Never met.
>>
>>83241180
Most second Gen Muslim girls don't wear scarves you fucktards. Get out once in a while
>>
>>83244342
Hahaha ha. No. Fuck you.But the sad thing is that if she really is ms marvel Tumblr and sjws won't complain. In the end all non white people are the same to them. Thell be prasing marvel for there "diversity" and then eventually someone will bomb marvel hq
>>
File: 1463767226129.png (858 KB, 1600x1597) Image search: [Google]
1463767226129.png
858 KB, 1600x1597
>>83234501
>Due to the reshaping of the multiverse Miles doesn't only is introduced to 616, but is Kamalafied
>cute all over
>Becomes a Spiderman fangirl
>can't stop writting yaoi fapfics of him
>throw spagetty every time that see a big nome hero.
>self concious about her big ass on the thigh costume
>galpal with Kamala and Gwenpool
>Nova has to deal now with being the only teenage boy on a team full of cute girls of his age.

I think I have a hearth boner.
>>
>>83233183
The only reason Kamala is popular on /co/ is because a bunch of autists started to waifu her. Her comic isn't really that good and cute is not a good replacement for quality.
>>
>>83251242
>>galpal with Kamala and Gwenpool
They found a yaoi writing circle and call it Klam.
>>
>>83251302
>cute is not a replacement for quality
Tell that to /a/. Hell, tell that to Japan
>>
File: irl kamala.webm (3 MB, 352x640) Image search: [Google]
irl kamala.webm
3 MB, 352x640
>>
>>83252950
Holy hell is there sauce for this
>>
>>83251424
Why Klam?
>>
>>83253066
As a parallel to Clamp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamp_%28manga_artists%29
>>
>>83247504
BRB gotta go take down all the /pol threads
>>
>>83252950
>Implying Kamala is that much of a disgusting fatty
>>
>>83252950
You have my full attention
>>
>>83252950
This gave me a hard on. I ain't going to apologize.
>>
>>83246676
Just like Pakistan.
>>
File: 1459004931079.gif (1 MB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1459004931079.gif
1 MB, 200x240
>>83252950
>>
>>83251302
Her comic is popular because it's a better Spider-Man comic than any Spider-Man book has been in over a decade.
>>
>>83254602
Spiderman comics have been shit for a long while, but a poor man's Spiderman isn't exactly an improvement. It just shows how desperate Marvel fans are at this point that they'll gladly herald mediocrity as the next best thing.
>>
>>83254456
Perfectly understandable.
>>
>>83251242
>Newfound empathy for Ultimate Jessica's situation
>Aracelly team-ups
I could dig it
>>
>>83233183
Kamala was interesting from the start while Miles wasn't
>>
>>83240675
You know the annoying thing about writers turning Lightspeed gay? It means everyone has to ship Kamala with everyone else because there's not enough chicks to go around.
>>
>>83252950
nah, too hot
>>
>>83241157
Name's Leroy. LEEERRROOOOYYY JEEEENNNNKIIINNNNS!

At least he got chicken.
>>
>>83256918
Call the police and a fireman
>>
>>83252950
[sweating intensifies]
>>
>>83238542
Man, i loved the way Todd drew Spider Man.
>>
>>83254417
>Embiggen
>>
>>83242493
People care about Mar-Vell a lot. He's just a character that people respect so much that his death actually stuck because it would cheapen his struggle.
>>
>>83241157
I want Leroy to get Spider powers.
>>
>>83246086
Holy shit m8. That's not fetishism. THIS is: >>83234841
>>
>straw muslim argument
>straw muslim argument
>straw muslim argument

where do you dumb ignorant rednecks come from? Is it literally the swamp? Is there actual banjo music in the background noise of your life?

protip, Muslims who came to America came here because they like American freedom and shit.

Jesus fucking Christ I bet you can't fucking stand people who have the same religious beliefs as you and they aren't even trying to kill you, why the shit do you think Islam is a monolith??

Muslims are the faith that is most often killed by Islamic extremist terrorists, fucking fact.
Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.