[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances of him being a regular on Supergirl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: the-flash-jay-garrick-earth-3.jpg (102 KB, 617x420) Image search: [Google]
the-flash-jay-garrick-earth-3.jpg
102 KB, 617x420
What are the chances of him being a regular on Supergirl?
>>
>>83224394
Zero, but he's going to be appearing on Flash next season.
>>
>>83224394
Did the mask have some kind of toothbrush mechanism in it?
>>
Im happy with him being a regular on Flash. In fact, he might pop back from earth 2 and help Barry fix his own timeline
>>
>>83224394
He looks like someone who's turtly enough for the turtle club.
>>
Why is his Flash costume an erm, costume?

Why doesn't Jay just have a red shirt with a yellow lighting streak on it with some jeans?
>>
Zero. It's been confirmed he's going to be around quite a bit in Season 3 of Flash, and possibly Legends. No time for Supergirl.

Are you under the impression his Earth is Supergirl's? Because it isn't.
>>
>>83224989
homage to his costume he wore on the 90s Flash tv show.
>>
>>83224394
I am really happy that he'll be playing Jay.
>>
>>83224989
Simple costumes? In live action? Surely you jest. Overdesigned shit or bust.
>>
>>83224394
He'll be on Legends as a member of the JSA.
>>
>>83224440

Super Speed Force whitening.
>>
>Hey Flash writers, remember that cool ending you had planned?
>Scrap it, we got the rights to supergirl
>Make a new ending that will merge the different Earths
And thats why the finale ended in a race!
>>
>>83225248
judging by how terrible most of this season was, I highly doubt there was any scrapped cool ending.
>>
When was it confirmed that Supergirl's Earth is Earth-3?
>>
>>83225248
I don't mind the season 2 ending. If they're going full Flash point I want to see Oliver's Dad as the GA.

That reminds me, there is that fourway crossover between Arrow, Flash, LOT and Supergirl. Ironically it's not Supergirls first foursome.
>>
>>83225248
>And thats why the finale ended in a race!
How does the race, or even barry saving his mom merge the earths?

The flash writers had nothing planned and made Jay zoom last minute and threw time remnants in there to tie it all tohether
>>
>>83225327
It's been assumed.
>>
>>83225330
But can we get EVERYTHING to crossover
Legends of Tomorrow
Flash
Arrow
Supergirl
Vixen
Constantine
and all the side characters that each show has like supergirl's Martian Manhunter
>>
>>83225347
Teddy Sears was hired fully aware he'd be playing the villain, bro. Just stop.
>>
>>83225373
That's a dumb assumption
>>
>>83225347
>or even barry saving his mom merge the earths?
You didnt read flashpoint. It merged DC, Vertigo, and Wildstorm Earths. Pick up a comic sometime
>>
>>83225396
I remember seeing an interview where the writers said they we're toying with the idea of ZOOM being alt!Barry
I can't provide a source but i'm going to ask you for one

>>83225408
I know
>>
>>83224394
Supergirl ditches "James" for Super Speed Older Man.

Makes Barry Super Uncomfortable.

Be so into that.
>>
>>83225327
Supergirl is from the Crime Syndicate Earth?
>>
>>83225452
>Caitlyn is in love with both Barry and Imposter Jay Garrick
>Real Jay Garrick is Barry alternate daddy who didnt become a daddy
>Caitlyn and Jay hookup
FLASH OF TWO WORLDS!
>>
>>83224394
>>
>>83225426
>Changing a time line also merges alt universes
That's not what happened in flashpoint you cock.
It created one new timeline
>>
>>83225499
It merged those three Earths too, nigga
>>
>>83225382
>tfw we see The Flash and Martian Manhunter together

hold me, Anon.
>>
>>83225499
>It created one new timeline
That also merged Earths you dumbass.
>“While traveling through time, Barry realizes he can see three different timelines — DC (New Earth), Vertigo (Earth-13), and WildStorm (Earth-50). A mysterious hooded figure (later reveals to be a cursed immortal Pandora) tells him that the world was split into three to weaken them for an impending threat, and must now be reunited to combat it. The DC, Vertigo, and Wildstorm universes are then merged, creating a brand new DC Universe
>>
File: wink wink.jpg (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wink wink.jpg
78 KB, 500x375
I think he would make an exquisite Gordon. He has the chin, the size, the gentle smile.
>>
>>83225522

I still don't see how time travel can do that. Especially when they just introduced a device that can merge worlds. Chechov's gun, no?

>>83225543
I'll take your word for it
>>
>>83225450
It's true, but that was before filming began.

Sears mentioned he was told he'd be Zoom, though he didn't know WHEN it would happen, and Zoom was played by a stuntman in his first appearances.
>>
>>83225472
>Crime Syndicate Earth

Nah, but that would be horrifying. Everything she's thought was a lie and has to escape to Planet Barry with her sister and Kat Grant.

James was evil all along
>>
>>83225472
She's not, people are just assuming. Besides, a lot of Earth-2 this season of Flash was very Earth-3ish since most people's Earth-2 selves were evil.

>Oliver as the Arrow/Green Arrow, Barry as the Flash, etc. = Earth-1
>Robert Queen as the Arrow, Hunter Zoloman as the Flash and Zoom = Earth-2
>Jay Garrick as the Flash = Earth-3
>Supergirl = We don't know
>>
>>83225571
>I still don't see how time travel can do that. Especially when they just introduced a device that can merge worlds. Chechov's gun, no?

It was never explained properly. Pandora showed up and it happened.
>>
>>83225493
Alternate Jessie Quick sometime later.

"MOM!"
>>
>>83224989

Every speedster on the Flash has to wear friction resistant clothing if they want to push their limits. Their healing factor and evasion means that armor isn't as big a factor as it is for most people, but Barry tended to accidently set his clothes on fire early on if he went too fast.

Barry's costume was original a firefighting suit designed by Star Labs, so its very resistant to heat. We don't know the backstories of the other speedster costumes.
>>
>>83225959
>Cisco never created the fire retardant suit
>Barry has to save the people still
>Clothes catche on fire
>Has to save people naked
>The true reason why hes called THE FLASH
>>
>>83225959
Yeah I know, but if this is really Earth-2, the powers would function differently than their Earth-1 counterparts, which enable different clothing.
>>
>>83225548
depends on how good his rape skills are
>>
S3 theory time

Flashpoint:

Ollie will take Bruce's place. Ollie will be dead and Robert will be Arrowdad like he is on Earth-2. Superman wasn't really a big thing in Flashpoint desu. Wonder Woman's role will be played by Nyssa maybe, with the League in a war against the world or something. We can have Slade in Aquaman's role, Slade leads an army of Mirakuru soldiers and was married to Shado, who was killed by Nyssa in a fit of jealous rage. We can have Mr. Terrific in Cyborg's place.
>>
It would make no sense for him to be from Supergirl's Earth. This Jay has been heroing for a while, and Supergirl had never heard of the Flash before Barry showed up.
>>
File: 1464186028631.jpg (91 KB, 835x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464186028631.jpg
91 KB, 835x1000
>>83226085
Speed Force remain the same, no matter the earth
>>
>>83226085
Naw, Garrick is tapping the Speed Force.
>>
>>83224461
That is the last movie I thought anyone would reference.
>>
File: CW Flash Turtle.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CW Flash Turtle.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>83227101
>>
>>83227101
Pffft. I bet you have a li'l wiener and some tiny nuts.
>>
>>83225639
I'd like to think they just had the Earth names mixed up for convenience's sake when there were only two and that Garrick's is actually closer in proximity, meaning it really is Earth 2 chronologically.
>>
>>83225571
>I still don't see how time travel can do that.
Probably had to do with Barry's vibrations being out of whack trying to fix his mistakes. If I recall, he time travels by running and travels to parallel dimensions through vibrations.
>>
>>83226085

So how come other people's clothing doesn't catch on fire when he carries them?
>>
>>83224456
Anything to make Barry cry again. The writers fucking LOVE making Barry cry.
>>
>>83226750
Not true. JLA vs Avengers, Wally lost his powers on Earth 616 and was nearly beaten to death by a mob who thought he was a mutant.
>>
>>83226009
Nah, his name is from the first time he tried to phase through a wall, and his suit fell through him.
>>
>>83224394
Is anyone else a little weirded out by how much he looks like Jensen Ackles there?

>>83228321
>and was nearly beaten to death by a mob who thought he was a mutant.

That's ridiculous, but believable.
>>
The actor said something about being part of the JSA on Legends
>>
>>83224394
>Joey Tribbiani is a speedster
>>
>>83225615
>James was adopted as a replacement for the original Jimmy Olsen that their parents killed as a child
>>
>>83226629
>Superman wasn't really a big thing in Flashpoint desu

PROJECT SUPERGIRL

Also:
>Robert Queen = Green Arrow
>Moira = Merlyn
>>
>>83231712
Source
>>
>>83224394
If he didn't have the wing helmet before, did he just go around bareheaded?

Also I hope they redo his lightning bolt. Seems like it gets in the way of the zipper there. It could be part of the design, not a separate piece.
>>
There's also the fact that half the reason they did Flashpoint was so that they can roll Kara's earth into the universe.
>>
>>83228321
It's because the Speed Force is only prevalent in the DC multiverse, not the entire Omniverse as a whole.
>>
>>83235651
Its stupid to force her earth to combine with Arrowverse's when we know they can build machines or use Cisco to bridge the worlds without Barry.
>>
>>83230774
>>83232598

It's funny how different people can have different thoughts about who he looks like. I was thinking he looks like a combination of Christoph Waltz and The Rock.
>>
>>83224989
Because itd look like shit IRL
Remember when we all thought Soideys costume had a flat texture?
>>
>>83225543
>>83225499
That was Doc Man though.
>>
>>83224440
>Zoom takes off Jay's mask to brush his teeth every day
That would've made Zoom creepier.
>>
File: Teddy-Sears-As-Jay-Garrick.jpg (136 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
Teddy-Sears-As-Jay-Garrick.jpg
136 KB, 800x1201
>>83224989
because they made this costumefor not-jay
>>
>>83225330
Olies Dad was the GA or Earth-2 so I dont think they will do it
>>
>>83225396
listen to kev smith interview with him- he learned it half the way into the season
>>
>>83228022
well logically you would number the alternate earths acording to your position in the multiverse so your earth would be earth 1 the next you would find earth 2 etc -the names have nothing to do with the dc comix multiverse earth names
>>
>prime earth doesn't have Batman or Superman

i don't like this
>>
File: bvsbgvjsouvbs.png (164 KB, 450x224) Image search: [Google]
bvsbgvjsouvbs.png
164 KB, 450x224
>>83224989
>>83239462
yes this, plus most old mens, even the ones in good shape,possess a degree of menboobs which are very clear in shirt.
>>
>>83239488
obviously that was way before they decided to have Manhattan be the cause of it
>>
>>83224394
A small question, as someone that stopped watching after S1 ended: i've seen a random episode of S2 by chance on TV, and basically Barry was trapped between dimensions (i think?) and apparently he was meeting Speedforce gods (???) that wanted him to catch himself (????) and conveniently they all appeared in the shape of the people Barry cared about. Also metal guy from S1 was a zombie

So the question is, what the heck? Are the speedforce beings a thing in comics, i've read a bit of Flash but i never encountered such a concept
>>
>>83241595
In some comics the Speedforce is pretty much a sentient source of power.
It has a will and the Flash is the herald of that will.

The show just decided to show that by using people Barry knew as its mouthpieces
>>
>>83225089

same. It's just too perfect of a casting choice.

I mean Shipp doing double duty is fantastic between Jay and Henry.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.