[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animates Spider-Man Movie Will Focus On Miles Morales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24
File: miles morales.jpg (127 KB, 923x655) Image search: [Google]
miles morales.jpg
127 KB, 923x655
>It looks like Peter Parker may not be the only Spider-Man coming to the big screen in the near future. A new report suggests that Miles Morales, formerly the Spider-Man of the Ultimate Marvel Universe and now the junior Spider-Man of the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe, will be the focus of Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s 2018 animated Spider-Man movie.

>The Heroic Hollywood also revealed two potential working titles for the film: Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man and The Ultimate Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

>The still untitled animated Spider-Man feature film is scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 21, 2018.

Thoughts?
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/27/miles-morales-rumored-for-sonys-spider-man-animated-feature-film/
>>
Why should I care who the star is when it's not Spectacular Spider-Man? It will be shit regardless.
>>
>>83219695
I think my main concern is rather they are doing something original or adapting the comics. If adapting the comics I kind of don't care.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 298x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 298x223
> Phil Lord and Chris Miller

You have my interest
>>
They should have just skipped ahead to an ANAD avengers story. Miles doesn't really have all that much going for him by himself.
>>
>Heroic Hollywood
Stopped reading there
>>
Mehles Mehrales
>>
>>83219695

Wait, they're making a big screen animated movie?
>>
>>83219695
Does Miles have any villains of his own?
>>
File: Ace Scooper.png (543 KB, 635x665) Image search: [Google]
Ace Scooper.png
543 KB, 635x665
>>83219932
>this meme again
el mayimbe has legit scoops
>>
>>83219982
Yeah, announced with the S6 and Venom and TASM3 and 4 movies, if I recall. After the Marvel deal, all but this movie got cancelled.
>>
>>83219695
I couldnt care less about Miles, but the talent behind the film has my interest
>>
File: 1455410760421.jpg (99 KB, 528x436) Image search: [Google]
1455410760421.jpg
99 KB, 528x436
>>83219695
>giving Miles Morales his own animated movie

This is just dumb enough to be true.
>>
I always liked Miles, and with Lord & Miller behind this I can't see me not liking this.
>>
>>83220031

Well, it will be interesting if they can make him not boring as shit. So long as Bendis isn't involved it's a possibility. If they were smart they would remove or dramatically nerf the venom shock or whatever it's called.
>>
File: 1464301168669.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464301168669.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>83219695
As long as his personalitty isn't copied from Peter.
>>
>>83220184
>I always liked Miles
Not trying to insult you, but why?
>>
>>83219695

Isn't this the animated movie that's supposed to be MCU canon? Like AOS and Netflix?
>>
>>83220371
Because he's a bland character that just had a mirrored personality of Peter, and was only introduced because of the Donald Glover Spider-man hissyfit

Plus, isn't his solo ongoings cancelled now?
>>
>>83219695
Lord and Miller do fantastic work, so I'm fine with this. Maybe they'll end up giving Miles a far better character since he's shit under Waid and Bendis.
>>
>Animated Miles film
I could dig it.
>>
This will be terrible, Miles doesn't have any character development since his mom came back to life and ult pete doesn't exist anymore but what about him being gay with ganke? The whole thing is still too vague, the worse thing is that he doesn't have any enemies or rogue's gallery and wins every fight the same way all the time.

He has no enemies
He has no character defining moments. Not anymore and it wasn't Gwen Stacy important.
He has nothing interesting related to him yet he's still popular. He is the precursor to spider-gwen.
>>
Wonder if they'll give him a personality beyond "Not white" now.
>>
>>83220872

Maybe they'll give him some original villains for the movie and then port them over to the comics?

Who am I kidding, he'll just get someone from Peter's rogue's gallery.
>>
>>83220375
No. There are no animated MCU projects.
>>
>>83219895
You say that like ANAD Avengers has had a notable story
>>
>>83219695
>Phil Lord And Chris Miller Spider-man
>it's the Benis Nigga Marty Stu

I got Monkey Paw'd
>>
>>83219695
>Oh cool, an animated Spider-Man movie! I wonder what it will be abo-
>Miles McBoring
No thanks, Sony
>>
>>83221087
It's more that I think he plays well off of Ms. Marvel and Nova, where his supporting cast in his solo story didn't really do much for me. Ultimate Jess could have been interesting, but didn't really work.
>>
Might be cool, maybe a Miles will have a personality in it.
>>
you don't have to watch this, you have the power not to give Marvel any money.
>>
File: 1428990781190.jpg (33 KB, 645x641) Image search: [Google]
1428990781190.jpg
33 KB, 645x641
>>83220332
>Personality
>Miles Morales
>>
>>83219695

Fine with me, I've got no beef with Miles
>>
>movie happens
>somehow sjws get a hold of it
>WHY WONT MCU USE HIM INSTEAD OF PETER PARKER??? GIVE BLACK PEOPLE A CHANCE!!!!! REEEEEEE
>#KILLPARKER #GIVEMORALESACHANCE
>>
>>83220003
No.
>>
>>83220003
Ultimate Prowler and Ultimate Scorpion, sure they are alt versions of established villains, but they are different enough to count, I guess.
>>
>>83220003
His uncle, Scorpion, Taskmaster… I think that's it, the rest were Peter's originally.
>>
>>83222588
Why is everyone forgetting prowler and Mexican scorpion
I know Mexican scorpion was boring as hell but come on
>>
Well, if anyone can make me care for Miles is Miller and Lord, hope this is true, hope it's great and hope that whatever they do to make it great gets transplanted wholesale into the comics. If I'm gonna get Miles shoved down my throat no matter what, might as well try to make it interesting.
>>
>>83222542
Sources of anyone that says this? No one who is seriously into comics has brought this issue up, race regardless. At least, not recently.
>>
>>83222650
I was going to ask about venom but I can't even remember what his deal was.
>>
>>83222665

You mean the characters that were destroyed along with his universe?

Miles continues his legacy of off brand Peter Parker
>>
>>83219695
>Phil Lord and Chris Miller doing Miles

Could be cool. Peter can get the MCU while Miles is kept away from Bendis' dirty hands and into the comfy hands of Lord's and Miller's.
>>
The first arc of the Miles storyline was pretty good. I don't see why he gets the hate he gets for being just a boring character other than the fact that he's black.
>>
>>83222760
Ultimate Venom was a monster made out of cancer cure and fought Peter much much before Miles was a thing, I don't think it applies.
>>
>>83222823
I always say this but I feel like his book suffered from the same problems usm did (plots that are hinted at but never go anywhere, events that should be life changing shrugged off or forgotten about, etc) but Bending didn't really have anything to fall back on since he was trying to establish a new character.

A lot of the hate is a combination of dislike for Bendis' writing (along with a lot of the bullshit he said to hyper up the book but never delivered), Miles being boring, and Peter being cut down while there was still more you could do with him along with the fact that his entire supporting cast bent over backwards just to show how much they approve of Miles being Spider-Man
>>
>>83222852
I know that but it was a new guy with the symbiote. I didn't know if he would count since I don't think we got a real explanation for why he was going after Miles in the first place or we probably did and I just can't remember
>>
Breaking: Sony shredding their money in 2018
>>
Just remove the venom blast, for the love of god. All Miles needs to differentiate his powerset from Peter is that awesome camouflage shit he can do. Have him be not as outright strong as Peter but learn to be much better at ambush tactics and strategic invisibility in combat in order to compensate. He could even pull a Motoko Kusanagi on some poor bastard's ass.

If you have to keep the shock, then just turn it into actual poison that causes temporary paralysis. The whole "electrical shock that's so powerful it even works on guys powered by electricity" shtick is retarded.
>>
>>83222823

It's boring because it never went anywhere after that.

After years of time skips and "peter would have been proud of you being spider-man" followed by "I am peter and i am proud of you being spider-man" he went nowhere.

Miles' biggest moment could have been when he and his family and friends were captured by hydra and doom. Know what happened? No one knows. After some shit cutaway to his friends trying to find him they go back to miles having escaped and have taken out all of hydra and doom.

His fights all end up being the same, he took out one of Peter's biggest threats with ease and the most he has put some emotional effort into is defending himself against a shitty vlogger calling him black-spider man.
>>
>>83223027
I totally forgot he could camouflage himself.
>>
>>83223135
Remember when his dad left and that amounted to absolutely nothing so his return wasn't anything close to special.

Remember when his mom dad after having only a handful of dialogue and very little interaction with her son so her death is nothing special.

Remember when Jessica gave him a bullshit reason for why he needs to be Spider-Man even though she saw what happened to the person she was cloned from and doesn't even bother to train the kid?
>>
>>83219695
>Mike Morales

Shit. Fucking dammit
>>
>>83223027

but he needs the Venom Blast because that way Bendis gets to write Spider-Woman without actually writing Spider-Woman.

how else do you expect the man to get hard?
>>
>>83223337
>>83223027

>Hey bendis why does miles use his venom blast to win fights all the time

>Bendis: DO YOU COMPLAIN WHEN THOR USES HIS HAMMER

It's going to go on forever
>>
>>83223402
What was the point of even giving him the power to turn invisible if he never uses it?
>>
>>83223156

So do a lot of the people writing him.
>>
Fuck you guys, dont ever talk about Bendis and his wife's son ever again!
>>
>>83222983
He was the guy that created/let loose the spider that bit Miles. After finding out that there was a new Spider-man, he freaked the fuck out because he realised it was his fault and didn't want Osborn coming after him about it, so he stole the Venom suit to help him cover up the tracks.
>>
>>83222734
He's likely a crossposter, ignore him
>>
>>83224185
I think that's why I didn't remember. Because it's so stupid and such a lame reveal.
>>
>>83219695
Also, Heroic Hollywood doesn't even say what kind of a source it is. Just a source. Which a step away from Johnston's infamous 'A guy in the bar told me...'
>>
An animated Marvel movie would be something akin to say the animated Planet Hulk movie or the two Hulk Vs movies (Thor and Wolverine).

Besides, a mediocre, just so-so or even plain bad comic can be adapted well if done right. Under the Red Hood is a perfect example of that.
>>
>Not a Spectacular sequel
Dropped
>Miles
Dropped like it was hot
>>
File: 1462280356578.jpg (62 KB, 695x695) Image search: [Google]
1462280356578.jpg
62 KB, 695x695
>Miles Morales Spider-Man movie
>>
>>83220057
What do you people care? The White one has his Live action movies. Don't like it just watch those. Whiny little faggots
>>
>>83220003
Fatties.
>>
>>83224724
I care because I actually like Miles and want him to be a good character, but he seriously only has one good story arc
>>
>>83219695
>Introducing Miles without Peter Parker

I'll watch it anyway but I'm expecting shit.
>>
>>83224835
Have they explained how Miles fits in 616 yet? Wasn't the only reason he became Spider-Man that Pete was dead?
>>
>>83224724
"The white one"
Peter Parker is an interesting character.
May Parker is an interesting character.
Miguel O'Hara is an interesting character.
Miles Morales started as an interesting character that went nowhere fast because he was created by Bendis, which is kinda funny since Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man run wasn't as boring before he made the change.
>>
>>83224899
Gonna disagree. Bendis was running out of steam on USM for a long time. Like, near issues 70-80, where there was a guest-star every other arc. And I'm still mad about Pete and Gwen breaking up because MJ is Bendis' waifu.
>>
>>83224890
Same Miles, but was inserted into continunity by Molecule Man.
>>
>>83225049
I know that, but how the fuck does he fit? No one questions his existence as if he was always there.
>>
File: Miles suburbanites.png (136 KB, 168x386) Image search: [Google]
Miles suburbanites.png
136 KB, 168x386
>>83222482
He has a peronality when written by anyone other than Bendis
>>
File: It just works.png (114 KB, 510x438) Image search: [Google]
It just works.png
114 KB, 510x438
>>83225074
>>
>>83225074
There was always Miles in the 616, apparently (that what cliffhanger to Spider-Men was all about). He just replaced him. Hence his father is actually a decent guy and without stupid SHIELD backstory and the mom is still alive.
>>
>>83225124
Yeah. Even Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon has a decent version of Miles. Because everybody but Bendis actually write him as a decent kid, not as smart as Peter but not an idiot and power his Venom Blast way down.
>>
File: 5084970-15+spiderman2b.jpg (527 KB, 1325x914) Image search: [Google]
5084970-15+spiderman2b.jpg
527 KB, 1325x914
>>83225124
Which is pretty much any Bendis character in a nutshell.

If we can have that Miles then things could be fun. That and have his GILF and MILF along for the ride.

Sweet mercy those hips.
>>
Why does co generally like DC legacy heroes but hate Marvel legacy heroes? Even if it was a race thing, dc had a Mexican Green Lantern, hispanic lesbian Question, Asian Atom, jewish lesbian Batwoman,asian Batgirl, and so on.

I find it odd that the same community that was shitting on the New 52 for cutting legacies was also shitting on Marvel Now for boosting them.
>>
>>83225371
/co/ just doesn't like change. They liked the DC Legacy heroes because they had been around for a long time, but if they had been created today there would be complaints.
In a few years /co/ will probably come to accept the Marvel legacy heroes that last.
>>
>>83225371
I don't hate legacies or Miles.
But I don't really have an argument against most of the criticisms against Miles because Bendis really did not do him any justice.

You're also ignoring the portion of /co/ that likes Kamala, Sam, and Robbie.
>>
>>83225371
Probably telling that of the ones you listed only Kyle involved shitting on the previous iteration with Emerald Twilight.
>>
>>83225371

Chick-Thor is still such a retarded idea

Could have just made a comic about Valkyrie and it would have been fucking awesome because Valkyrie is fucking awesome
>>
>>83225371
Because hispanic lesbian Question was more focused on being The Question than a hispanic lesbian.

Whereas with Marvel legacy heroes their writers can't seem to finish a sentence without listing all the ways they're a super special minority and people should love them.

Being good characters mattered more to DC legacies, while being eye-grabbing and attention-getting mattered more for Marvel.
>>
>>83225590
They did make a Sif comic but no one bought it
>>
>>83225646
>Because hispanic lesbian Question was more focused on being The Question than a hispanic lesbian.

Well, eventually when they stopped writing like a lesbian pulp novel.

"I need to get into that lesbian cult, I'll sleep my way into their inner circle."

Covers were stylized to match said Lesbian Pulp.
>>
>>83225646

It also helped that Montoya was already more or less a beloved characters thanks to the Animated Series and Gotham Central.
>>
>>83219695
Would we finally have a reason for a Miles in a world where Peter didn't die trying to use the Spider-man name?
Peter was dead in Ultimate an that's one thing, but 616-8 has Pete alive and better people around to take up the identity

But instead of that, it'll probably end with Miles saving Pete and Pete saying that it's totally cool that Miles uses his super-hero name
>>
>>83219695
I think you guys are missing the best news here.

>Bendis isnt involved
>>
>>83224806
>Prowler
>venom
>Roxxon

He has 3 bitch! But yeah Bendis' USM fizzles quickly. I still can't believe people hail as his greatest contribution to cape comics. I honestly think it's just what brought in a lot of youngsters.
>>
>>83226401
>Venom arc
>Roxxon arc
>Good

Nah. Especially not that Venom one.
>>
>>83225688
This. Plus they had a Valkryie mini and her headlining Fearless Defenders. They sucked. Granted that doesn't mean the character is shit but obviously they're going to go with more popular characters and gimmicks then take a no name character and build them up.
>>
File: 1464316265359.png (374 KB, 838x521) Image search: [Google]
1464316265359.png
374 KB, 838x521
>>83226435
>>
>>83219695
Maybe now he can finally stop being Peter-lite
>>
>>83225229
>jovensìto
It's "jovencito".
>>
>>83219695
Good
>>
>>83219695
>yfw Kamala will also be in the movie
>>
>>83225646
How many issues has that ever happened.

The one time I can think of is that one Thor scene
>>
File: Chef.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
Chef.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
>SJWs get their black Spider-Man
>Everyone else gets Peter in the MCU without worrying about them killing him off for Miles
>At worst it flops hard and no one touches Miles for years after, at best it's great and we get more animated films focused on Miles that are separate from the MCU

How is this a bad thing again?
>>
>>83219695
How do I audition?
>>
>>83227950
Would love it just for the rage, especially if they decide to have them attracted to each other or some shit

>>83228647
Because he's afro Dominican and Spider Man. Literally the only reason
>>
>>83222418
LISTEN TO THIS ANON, HE'S FROM THE FUTURE
>>
>>83219695
If we get a great adaptation of the Death of Spider-Man as a cold-open, it'll be completely worth it.

The costume's still in bad taste, though.
>>
>>83225003
Peter and Gwen even getting together at all is the lowest point in the entire USM run. The first post-Ultimatum issue is the worst in the series. They never even *explained* why Mary Jane broke up with Peter at all. It was ham-fisted and stupid.
>>
>>83232103
>The costume's still in bad taste, though.
what
>>
>>83230369
>Dominican
What? Wasn't he just black?
>>
>>83232189
I guess you don't read comic books

That's a frequently recurring joke line from pedestrians and cameos in Miles' USM run (and once in Spider-Men.)

People see the classic Peter costume and tell the person wearing it that it's "in bad taste." And then later "...it's still in bad taste."

When Miles was first revealed to the world, the line he said was "Maybe the costume *is* in bad taste..."

It's a thing
>>
File: Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg (897 KB, 1444x1097) Image search: [Google]
Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg
897 KB, 1444x1097
>>83225590
Not many people care about Valkyrie.
>>
File: 1413860856761.gif (43 KB, 160x180) Image search: [Google]
1413860856761.gif
43 KB, 160x180
>>83219695
>The Heroic Hollywood also revealed two potential working titles for the film: Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man and The Ultimate Spider-Man: Miles Morales
lol, fucking idiots.
>>
File: 1462429919033.jpg (218 KB, 784x504) Image search: [Google]
1462429919033.jpg
218 KB, 784x504
>>83219695
Fuck all this gay garbage. I'll be happy to (hopefully) see a lot of best Spider Woman. Take all money if that is the case.
>>
>>83233557
Oh Anon. Ult Jess is gone. We're getting a lego figure I think, but... She's hanging out with Big Brother Ben in Spider-Limbo.
>>
File: 1462532399998.jpg (23 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1462532399998.jpg
23 KB, 601x508
>>83234215
You shut your mouth.
>>
File: 1408099377835.png (145 KB, 931x858) Image search: [Google]
1408099377835.png
145 KB, 931x858
>>83234475
It's okay man. It'll all be okay.
>>
>>83225229
No one talks like that.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-06-04-11h06m49s50.jpg (126 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-06-04-11h06m49s50.jpg
126 KB, 432x324
All these plebs doubting based Miller and Lord.
>>
>>83219695
Good. If Miles is relegated to a spinoff it means he's not (main) canon.
>>
>>83234475
Kek
>>
>>83234600
Honestly, everybody can slip. In the world of deadlines, great filmmakers can make bad movies and great writers can write bad books/scripts/comics.
>>
>>83232201
He's Dominicano. Always was. Some dumbfucks were saying Black and Puerto rican or some shit
>>
>>83237558
Well yeah, but there is no evidence of that here. Tripping anons are just acting like they are ripping Miles from the book line for line.
>>
>>83219695
Fuck that, I want Spider-Ham instead
>>
File: donald glover.jpg (10 KB, 236x313) Image search: [Google]
donald glover.jpg
10 KB, 236x313
>>83219695
Guess who?
>>
>>83238396
Is he even acting now? I thought he decided to focus on his music career.
>>
>>83225371
Being a diversity mascot is bullshit.

Let's take Renee for example, her becoming The Question was her recovery story, an underdog finding purpose.

It just happened to be about a hispanic lesbian.
>>
>>83225229
THICK
>>
>>83225124
sauce on fun miles?
>>
File: 10-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
It's not that I don't like Miles, it's that I wanted to finally get a great animated Peter Parker Spider-Man movie, like Batman has been getting.
>>
>>83238538
Does it matter? He's pretty bad at both.
>>
>>83225371
The reason that /co/ hates legacy characters from Marvel, or at least from what I gather, is that the writers don't give that character their own identity. There is a reason that everyone was so hyped to get Wally West back in Rebirth and it wasn't just to get rid of the 'Black Wally'. No, they wanted the Wally that had fantastic and amazing stories with, all the while with a personality which has defined Flash comics for this generation.

Marvel however, fucks up the legacy stuff as they always address how the legacy character is not considered the 'real' whatever. Now, the best way to do that is one story arc, way into the comic, when an identity for the legacy character has been established. They also give the replacements such shit personalities for the most part, see Wolverine and Thor if you want prime examples and disrespect the work that other writes have done, again Thor and Wolverine. The legacy characters also don't have their established past or cast used, making it seem like the writer could have just used an fanfiction OC.
>>
Movie ruined.
>>
>>83225229
Good God that dialogue is cringe.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81 KB, 1280x852
Say hello to the guy who will be playing Miles.
>>
>>83240023
Wait seriously? Isn't Miles more darker skinned? I did like Karate Kid though.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.