[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heroes that work better when they are in their own pseudouniverse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: aquaman-2012comic.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
aquaman-2012comic.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1968
That's it, which heroes do you think work the best when they are in their own "city" with their own enemies?
>>
File: xmen.jpg (590 KB, 1600x1270) Image search: [Google]
xmen.jpg
590 KB, 1600x1270
>>83215028
Too obvious?
Why Aquaman, though? He's mostly irrelevant in grand scheme of things.
>>
>>83215028
That's why. Outside of his own element he's irrelevant. Just keep him in his own stories and he's golden.
>>
Batman is the No. 1 at this.

When he is mixed with all the DC demigods parade it ends being ridiculous in some way or another. Although it can be aplied too Green Arrow and any other "street level"
>>
>>83215119
But he's not appearing much elsewhere. Unless you're thinking of the Others, in which case, yeah. No idea what were they thinking.
Not that I complain, it was fun team.
>>
>>83215394
They should've let Ostrander write that book instead of giving it to Jurgens
>>
>>83215475
I honestly don't think either were good options (but Jurgens has supporters in DC editorial). Should have given it to a brand new writer or just let Parker do double duty.
>>
>>83215028
Pretty much every major Justice League hero.

And the X-Men.
>>
>>83215028

Most if not all heroes or titles work better if they exist within their own universe where it can grow and invent to any point or direction without the rails of other histories.

With that said, they all seem to sell better when existing in a shared environment.
>>
>>83215079
>Aquaman
>the king of over half of the Earth
>irrelevant

Wew lad spotted the casual
>>
>>83215369
This

I kinda hate Batman and the Batfam when they're around non-Bat people but when they're on their own they're fine
>>
>>83215369
has there been a story where judgment day comes and batman rapes jesus and punches out god with unholy water yet?
>>
Animal man, and the x men should only be allowed to crossover with spidey
>>
>>83216033
I blame readers from that, always wanting people from different works meeting each other.

Crossovers its something should have existed only as ocasional anecdotic fun/service with no real meaning.

Capes gone into trash when crossovers became the rule not the exception.
>>
>>83215079
your question answers itself
>>
I like when street Marvel is more self contained. I think Spider-man/Daredevil/Luke Cage work better in a shared bubble not joining the Avengers
>>
>>83215079
Wait, what the fuck is Wasp doing in that image?
>>
>>83219460
You should be more concerned with why all of the X-men are ignoring the Sentinel coming up behind them
>>
>>83219524
That sentinel looks suspiciously like Iron Man...
>>
>>83219524
Is a Sentinel, even if you let him alone he will collide with a wall or something and destroy itself.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.