[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate the second season of The Flash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 2567.png (276 KB, 428x519) Image search: [Google]
2567.png
276 KB, 428x519
Rate the second season of The Flash
>>
>>83199545
last digit of this post number/10
>>
>>83199545
I haven't seen it, but that guy looks too snooty to be a good villain.
>>
>>83199566
>dubs/10
>>
>>83199566
Accurate
>>
>>83199566
Agree completely.
>>
>>83199566
Even Zoom went back in time and retroactively agreed in OP.
>>
>>83199566
plus the last digit of this post number
>>
The season overall was 6.5/10, maybe 7.5 if you ignore the really dumb crossover nonsense and all the setting up for legends of tomorrow. The show was all over the place, and while there were a good number of solid episodes, as well as few very good ones, the overarching plot was not as solid as season 1, nor was the villain as well acted/written. In particular, the show takes a dive after flash gives up his powers to zoom, where we begin to learn the convoluted plot that zoom has. The biggest problem for the show is zoom, who's motivation is unclear, and he acts irrationally all the time. You can chalk it up to him being crazy, but when everything he does makes little to no sense, it seems more like poor writing. Does he care about ruling the world? How does his dad murdering his mom make him want to be the fastest? Where does his competitive spirit come from? Why does he want to destroy the multiverse? Why does he care about Snow? He could have accomplished pretty much everything he wanted within the first three episodes of the season, so what was the point of sending metahumans over? If there was already a known speed formula to create faster speedsters, why did it matter that the flash get faster? The second worst episode in terms of zoom's retarded thought process is the finale, where out of the blue, the show introduces several pot points that are not really set up, or otherwise did not receive any build up in the season. The big hamster wheel of death is not alluded to in any way throughout the season, nor is Zoom's need for Barry. The time duplicate thing and the time wraiths are both mentioned in previous episodes, but are both only seen once, and then reappear in the finale, as if the writers were looking through the past episodes for things to use in the finale, rather than organically building up parts of the plot and details to culminate in the finale.
>>
>>83200100
>>83199566
>>83199600
>>83199988
Dubs city
>>
>>83200100
>Does he care about ruling the world?
He cares about controlling it
>How does his dad murdering his mom make him want to be the fastest?
It traumatized him, fucked him in the head. He wants to be the fastest because he wants to be the best, better than all other speedsters, because it also allows him to cause more mayhem and destruction.
>Where does his competitive spirit come from?
It's not really competitive spirit, It's more like him just wanting to be in control, and above everyone and everything.
>Why does he want to destroy the multiverse?
They state this. He measured his success based on how many lives he took, destroying the multiverse would literally kill INFINITE amounts of people, the ultimate success for him.
>Why does he care about Snow?
He bonded and grew to love her while he pretended to be Jay, he gained feelings for her.
>He could have accomplished pretty much everything he wanted within the first three episodes of the season, so what was the point of sending metahumans over?
Same reason Thawne wanted Barry to fight the metahumans, train him and get him faster to use his speed. For Zoom, it also made it better for him when he beat Flash too.
>If there was already a known speed formula to create faster speedsters, why did it matter that the flash get faster?
Zoom needed Flash's pure speed to counteract his speed cancer. Did you not pay attention at all?
I kind of agree with the season finale buildup stuff, but it still makes a bit of sense. He stole shit from mercury labs to use to fulfill his desire to "conquer" the multiverse. He used time remnants to fuck with Barry. And apparently the Time wraiths were always after him.
>>
shakier than the first season but I'm glad they played around with multiple earths with this, it helped it be fun whenever it couldn't be interesting. They definitely had a good hook at the end of instead of having Barry accept his loses and try to be happy while setting up the nebulous threat for season 3, he just says 'fuck it' and does Flashpoint to try and get everything back
>>
6.5/10
first season was a solid 8/10
>>
>>83199545
shit but still better than Arrow season 3/10
>>
Arrow s1 9/10
Arrow s2 9/10
Flash s1 10/10
Arrow s3 6/10
L of T s1 7/10
Flash s2 8/10
Arrow s4 4/10
>>
>>83202528
Giving Arrow S4 4/10 is been generous at this point
>>
>>83202600
I tried to give my honest unbiased score. I still enjoy it but god damn I'd rather they just end the show and let me watch everything in the Arrowverse without suffering another Guggenheim season of Arrow.
>>
>>83199545
I can't. Arrow Season 4 was so bad it made me lose interest and stop watching Flash and Supergirl.
>>
>>83199566
>6/10

Same here. Started out pretty solid, ended pretty solid. A lot of stuff in between was on the iffy side, though. The Earth 2 bits were probably the best parts of the season. Zoom was a neat villain, but nowhere near as memorable as Eobard, mostly because his plan and motives weren't clear for most of the season. At least with RF the unknown was appropriate because we already knew he killed Barry's mom. With Zoom there was never really a connection to Barry other than Zoom wanting to to be faster than him.
>>
>>83202665
the "Arrowverse" is now the "Guggenheimverse" The Flash is making flashpoint and Guggenheim dosen't want anything with this Arrow is now the CW super hero show with the lowest ratings, so Ollie is trapped in his awful series while Barry fucks supergirl
>>
Not Canon Anymore / 10
>>
>>83199545

And only because the last few episodes were good enough to bring it's score up for me and did a decent bit of salvaging. But man, most of this season was a genuine mess. And it wasn't even so much the curse of having such a great first season to follow up, it was more the fact that they just really didn't seem to know what they were doing at times.

In the end, though, I enjoyed myself enough to come back. Hopefully next season brings it.
>>
>>83199545
change the main actor, i cann't stand his faggotary
>>
>>83208697
Fuck off Zack Snyder, don't you have a Justice League movie to ruin?
>>
>>83199545
Season 1 Arrow / CW
>>
>>83209033
But he cast an even bigger faggot for that.
>>
>>83202964
it's not even relevant to the Flash
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.