[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Dan Abnett is DC exclusive Feel bad for Hercules but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>tfw Dan Abnett is DC exclusive

Feel bad for Hercules but it's good to have him on DC. You'd think Games Workshop would have given him enough cash to not go for the exclusive though, but seeing how his Marvel comics sell, you can't blame him.
>>
These deals always kind of suck for fans in the end, but good for him.
>>
>>83194564
probably left because he was tired of trying to please sjws after the hercules not being gay scandal
>>
>>83194564
>Feel bad for Hercules
wasn't it one of Marvel's lowest selling books? It's cancelled anyway
>>
>>83194564

Wait, does the DC exclusive contract mean that he can't write Warhammer shit for the time being? Even the novels?

Either way I'm happy to have him on board, Abnett's a really solid write who does a great job writing ensemble casts.
>>
>>83194564
He left BECAUSE they cancelled Hercules.
>>
>>83194646
>Wait, does the DC exclusive contract mean that he can't write Warhammer shit for the time being? Even the novels?
I would assume a comics exclusivity thing wouldn't prevent him from publishing licensed novels
>>
>>83194646
DC recently added Vertigo to their exclusives. He can't do new work with other companies but can finish what he's already contracted to do.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/05/26/aquaman-and-titans-writer-dan-abnett-signs-with-dc-entertainment

>DC Entertainment continues to add top-flight talent to its creative roster, announcing today that it has reached an agreement with writer Dan Abnett to create comic book content solely for the company’s DC and Vertigo imprints.
>>
>>83194564
I think he was too heart broken when he realized he simply couldn't sabe his beloved cosmic franchise. Neither Bendis nor the fans would get on his side. He was truly alone the poor guy.
>>
>>83194814
His stuff has been hit or miss recently but Hercules made it feel like he found his groove again.

Hope he can keep it up.
>>
>>83194682
>Herc, a title that Alonso fucked up with by saying Herc isn't bi because he doesn't remember any instances
vs
>Aquaman, somebody DC considers a list sorta
>Titans, a franchise that fans will not let go off
>Earth 2, uhhhhh

I mean I'd probably take the latter over the former
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.