[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nameless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Nameless_01-1.png (131 KB, 477x734) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_01-1.png
131 KB, 477x734
This was pretty neat until they entered the alien structure and the drawing couldn't keep up with flimsy writing. Anyone who has read Nihei will feel extra disgust at how poorly drawn that megastructure is.

Anyway, how did Grant Morrison manage to stay forever in the angsty teen occult phase and then try to cram it into every single work of his?
>>
>>83191153
>art
>bad

I bet your pleb ass thinks Quitely is bad too.
>>
>>83191191
No, Batman and Robin was great

art in Nameless is below average to horrible.
>>
>>83191191
>Anglo-saxon comics ever having good art.

The fact that it is less shit than utter shit doesn't make it good.
>>
So is it worth buying? I got a hard on for anything remotely Lovecraftian.
>>
>>83193519
It's good. Legit scary at parts too. But like alot of Grant's stop its super confusing and you're gonna want to read it more than once to understand it all
>>
The general consensus is that the story was a mess, but the art was what redeemed it. Absolutely brilliant art, but a shoddy attempt of a story.

The tone/mood was great though, GMozz captured that perfectly.

>>83193519
I don't think it's worth spending more than $10 on, plus if you pirate it, you're able to zoom in - you should be able to enjoy the tiny details.
>>
I actually thought the story was remarkably simple. It seems confusing at first, due to multiple plot threads running parallel to each other, plus some of them being dreams/hallucinations and all, but about halfway through it all comes together in a fairly cookie cutter way.

It basically revolves around a classic horror trope, namely "how can we kill that which has no form?"

The answer is always the same: trick it into possessing a mortal host, then murder the fuck out of it.

For an added WOW factor, have the extradimensional eldrich abomination turn out to be God.

I thought it was pretty damn cool, but nothing that hasn't been done before.
>>
>>83191305
I want /a/ to leave.
>>
>>83193519
Yeah it's really good and the trade has bonus material.
>>
>>83196496
But anon, one of the stories was that the story wasn't even real.

You took like the top layer of the cake without eating the rest, and called the whole thing delicious.
>>
>>83195722
>>83195877
>>83197065
Thank you.
>>
>>83197333
>one of the stories was that the story wasn't even real.

If you're referring to the part where they're in space, then yeah, I'm aware of that. Did you read my post in its entirety? Yes, there are a bunch of parallel plot strings, some of which are hallucinations induced by the eldritch horror, because it gets off to fucking with people's minds. There's also lots of additional symbolism and crap about aztec religions and what have you, but that's basically just fluff. The central plot is fairly simple.
>>
>>83198041
Just ignore him, all morrisonfags love telling people that they don't fully understand one of his works even if it the person clearly has
>>
>>83198132
This, all of the brit comic artists from the late eighties still peddle the same old tired solipsistic crowleyana

cringeworthy really

that and garth 'let me tell you what i read in the latest pop history book i bought' ennis
>>
>>83198041
I actually did misread (and probably let my hatred of Morrison factor into that). Apologies.
>>
>>83198725
It's cool, bro. No biggie.

Just for what it's worth, I neither love nor hate the thing. Just enjoyed it for what it was, even if it wasn't that deep in the end. I got a soft spot for lovecraftian horror, and that part where they were experiencing hell was pretty rad, the way it came outta nowhere. Heh.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.