[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scott Snyder defends Nick Spencer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
Scott Snyder defends Nick Spencer.
>>
>>83185710
Scott Snyder pls.
>>
>>83185710
Hacks gotta stick together.
>>
shit writer defends other shit writer
>>
>>83187220
>>83187259
this desu
>>
Snyder legitimately loves these kind of stupid plots. Reminder that his favorite Marvel story in recent years was Superior Spider-Man and he tweeted about how much he loved it all the time.
>>
>>83187301
Superior was actually pretty fun for a while though.
>>
>>83185710
Ultimate sign Spencer made the wrong choice.
>>
>>83185710
Well Snyder reads comic books, I can see why he doesn't get it.
>>
File: -08-51-25-.png (403 KB, 1080x1280) Image search: [Google]
-08-51-25-.png
403 KB, 1080x1280
Waid also defended him when people cried to him, Brubaker just told everyone to leave him alone.
>>
File: 08-50-55-1.png (161 KB, 1080x620) Image search: [Google]
08-50-55-1.png
161 KB, 1080x620
>>83187548
Also read his comics!
>>
>>83187548
>>83187580
poor Brubaker
>>
>>83185710
Scott Snyder would defend anyone. he's just a nice guy.
>>
>>83187580
My fucking sides.
>>
>>83187580
bravo brubaker
>>
the best one I saw was "Don't yell at Brubaker because of what Nick Spencer is doing. Yell at him because that bastard killed Cap. Never forget"
>>
>>83187580
This is how you use the shitstorm in your favor
>>
>>83187372
Well, I guess shit can be fun too if you poke it with a stick.
>>
>>83188157
fair enough
>>
For what's going to happen next? Has he never read a superhero comic before? It's going to revert back to normal. I guess if for you the fun is what's going to happen before it goes back to normal, then fine. But don't act as if this is going to have any real lasting impact.
>>
>>83188743
>Has he never read a superhero comic before?
Yes, I'm sure the guy that writes superhero comics for a living has never read a superhero comic before.

The sheer amount of casuals that this "controversy" has brought in is fucking staggering.
>>
>>83187580
>>83187548
Brubaker will and always shall be based af
>>
>>83188743
most people who read comic books know this won't have lasting impact. God damn
>>
Why does /co/ have such shit taste? Snyder is an excellent writer.
>>
>>83190172
circle of /co/; any creator praised and beloved will eventually be hated and called a hack
>>
I'm not even sure why people screaming so much. It 'obvious that Cap was brainfucked by the Skull, and this can be interesting because it could take the character in new situations.

And, by the way, this is exactly the situation of Bucky in Civil war. Sometimes it was better when readers could not break jump in the internet and cry for nothing.
>>
File: 1464298410251.jpg (113 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464298410251.jpg
113 KB, 1080x1080
Can't you guys see this is all marketing?

It's a cycle that capeshit has perfected for decades. In however many issues, things will revert back to normal and then they'll cause another controversy for you to get mad at. Pure advertising and marketing.
>>
Can someone can tell me...Winter Soldier in now a saga is considered very positively, but in the early chapters, when Brubaker retconned Bucky in a Killer scout, / co whined like today?
>>
>>83190568
>diet coke
What a fucking faggot. There went my vote.
>>
>>83187372
the problem with superior is that it's a good 2 to 6 issue story but it out stayed it's welcome.
>>
File: 1232435341.jpg (65 KB, 582x391) Image search: [Google]
1232435341.jpg
65 KB, 582x391
Kek, how mad is this making twitter? They're raging at Spencer and he doesn't even give a fuck.
>>
>>83191284
because he knows he's not getting fired or anything, this is free advertising
>>
>>83191284
Will this cause /co/ to love Spencer?
>>
File: 1430880747007.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1430880747007.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>retards saying this is insulting to the two jew creators

>not realizing Spencer is a jew himself

kek
>>
>>83191406
we loved him before we hated him, THE TURN gets everyone eventually but some recover
>>
>>83191458
/co/'s been hating his twitter specifically recently, especially since he bitterly said bad stuff about DC so it'll be interesting to see which way Spencer falls again
>>
>>83187372
I liked the series, too. I mean, I knew from the get-go that Pete would come back eventually because I'm not stupid, so I was like "well, let's see if having Doc Ock as Spidey in the meantime is interesting," and it was.

I know a lot of people say it just went on too long, but I enjoyed most of the run and it never really spun it's wheels for me. In fact, the only thing that pissed me off really was the last issue, because the way they resolved the storyline was just a shitty cop out.

Like, it makes sense to have Otto finally give Pete back control when he is forced to realize that Pete was, indeed, the superior Spider-Man. But the story didn't show WHY Pete was superior, or what he could do that Otto couldn't, because the way he beat the Goblin didn't seem to be anything Otto was incapable of doing. For the ending to work, you have to convince me, "of course you needed Pete to do that, Otto could never do that." Like, if they showed how Pete's humility or innate goodness let him see an angle or take a risk that Otto wouldn't. But all Pete Spidey does is beat up the Goblin, which Otto could had done just as well.
>>
>>83190838
/co/ wasn't around when it first happened. That storyline was from 2005, and /co/ wasn't created until 2006. A lot of people in comic circles were whining about Bucky being brought back to life though, yeah. The old saying was that the only people that stay dead are Bucky, Uncle Ben, and Jason Todd.

Then Bucky and Jason Todd were both brought back in relatively short succession. Lotta butthurt and "is nothing sacred?!"

If it happened today though then instead of it being comics fans butthurt over Bucky being brought back to life, it'd just be a bunch of tumblrites and /pol/lacks that have never read a comic in their life finding ways to spin it into some kind of political outrage.
>>
>>83191157
>the problem with superior is that it's a good 2 to 6 issue story but it out stayed it's welcome.

The same could be said of everything in Slott's run in my opinion.
>>
>>83191406

I will never love a Clinton shill.
>>
>>83187580
Sorry, Brubaker. All the people who claim to love you sand say you are so much better than the current writer and that you should come back are only interested in you so far as you're writing familiar Big Two capeshit, they aren't actually interested in you. They aren't going to read good shit you've written recently like "The Fade Out" because it doesn't have Batman somebody from that Marvel movie they like in it. We comics fans are literally children.
>>
>>83185710
Considering his proteges are Marguerite Bennett and James Tynion IV he's really not the best judge of good writing.
>>
>Red Skull brainwashed him
Can't understand the outrage. He'll be back to be Captain America after that arc.
>>
>>83191882
Tynion is fine though.
>>
>>83185710
I would care more if he didn't fuck up the concept of Spock so royally.
>>
>>83191781
yeah that's pretty much slott's shtick. drag out a neat story idea tillno one wants to see it again
>>
>>83189169
The person writing Mockingbird has clearly never read a comic before so it's not too out there.
>>
>>83185710
Scott is too nice to say anything bad.
>>
>>83191902
>He'll be back to be Captain America after that arc.
Here's the thing, that would have been the case if this didn't become such a big deal. Because it became this huge massive controversy, they're going to ride it out as long as they can to reap the benefits.

The people who are getting outraged over this are literally responsible for it lasting longer than it originally would have.
>>
>>83187301

Superior was good when he was written by someone not Slott. I don't have a raging dislike for him, but I think he missed the point with his own creation. Those Superior team ups were well written.
>>
>>83191406
Dude I read superior foes and the fix I already love spencer.
>>
>>83191976
A new writer who has only been in the industry for like 2 years, and has written a grand total of 3 issues of a c-lister's stealth mini and a one-shot is a little different than someone whose been writing DC's flagship and highest selling book for the past 5 years, alongside many other superhero ongoings alongside it and years before that while also teaching courses on comics writing and acting as a talent scout for DC's new cape writers.
>>
>>83191667
I thought it was shown pretty well that Otto was so used to planning ahead that he cracked under the pressure of not knowing how to handle a chaotic situation. He even said in the first issue "A new Beetle. A random element. I DESPISE random elements." He always went about being Spider-Man just like he went about being a supervillain, so he never understood how to really be a hero for its own sake, and he didn't understand that when people are in danger, you have to act, not preptime.
>>
>>83190172
he is, but he's not very good at Batman for whatever reason
>>
File: 1449659185339.png (826 KB, 689x835) Image search: [Google]
1449659185339.png
826 KB, 689x835
>>83190568
>diet coke
>>
>>83190172
/co/ hates him mostly because of DOTF and Endgame and because he was one of the DC's star writers along with Johns.
>>
>>83190568
>diet coke
fat fuck
>>
>>83185710
>Let's turn a beloved character into his complete polar oposite to shock its fans and cause media outburst!

>lel whyumad tho?!!
>>
>>83190568
>NO DRUGS
>NO ALCHOL
>eats fast food

And I had Trumpfags call me degenerate for having cofee when waking up
>>
>>83185710
>literally wwe-style heel turn done specifically to incite outrage
>"why are you guys outrage?"

is he that unaware, or is that just him being sarcastic?
>>
>>83192306
Superman has been turned evil how many times now? Why is Cap untouchable?
>>
>>83192347
probably because he isn't a retard and knows that CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME type things don't actually last in Big 2 comics
>>
>>83192356
I think it's more "Cap's a nazi" that has everyone's panties twisted.
>>
>>83192414
yeah but that doesnt answer my question at all, the swerve was done to elicit this exact response, so why is he surprised by it?
>>
I don't get the outrage either. He's obviously been brainwashed, or it's a clone or some shit. It's like you people never read a comic book before.
>>
>>83192557
Both Nick and Breevort said it isn't brainwashing, it isn't a clone, its the authentic one.
>>
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>83191406
They use to love him then he did something that caused them to turn against him.
>>
>>83194462
It's implanted memories, technically not brainwashing
>>
>>83192555
he thinks people are less retarded than they are, I guess
>>
>>83192511
Superman was a Nazi like a year ago
>>
>>83185710
Why not copy the text and post a relevant high quality image, instead of posting a screencap of a tweet and 5 redundant words? Like the preview page they are discussing, for instance.
>>
Why would a comic book writer even post on twitter it has to be 90% hate. (the other 10% being people trying to get into the industry)
>>
>>83187301
Superior was fun, it wasn't like great writing or anything but it was well paced and fun to follow. It only really got bad with the Venom arc.
>>
>>83194462
Yeah, and Kit Harrington said he wasn't coming back to Game of Thrones. They're full of shit.
>>
>>83196130
it's a platform to promote themselves and their work, and occasionally be funny
>>
>>83185710
I don't get the hate either. It's obvious that it's some brainwashing or fake Cap or triple agent type of ploy. No one is really going to make Captain America a bad guy after all of these years.
>>
>>83185710
>snyder defending hack writing
Shocker.
>>
>>83187580
I loved his comics, but if you ever listened to him on a podcast or anything, he's kind of a prick. Full of himself and not afraid to throw other creators under the bus.

Would have been nice for him to say something like, "Wait and see what happens" or that he supports Spencer. He probably doesn't, though, so whatever.
>>
>>83191406
Everyone loved him until he started doing political satire in Sam Wilson: CA and triggered the pol babys who started crying about the SJW boogeyman. Anyone who has read Bedlam, Superior Foes or Ant Man can tell you he's great.
>>
>>83185710
I don't get why people get upset over every little thing in comics in general. Ridiculous shit happens all the time.

I think Captain America attracted too many casuals with the movies and this is their baby's first plot twist.
>>
>>83191157
>the problem with superior
Is that it's written by a talentless hack. Even if it was shorter it would still be shit.
>>
>>83200077
I read Foes, his Captain America and Morning Glories. He's not great...not even good. Guy's a hack.
>>
QUESTION:

Was Cap brainwashed to work for Hydra, or he was Hydra all along?
>>
>>83201144
we don't know

probably neither and he's a triple-agent
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.