[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dynamite one of the current worst publishers? They have so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Chaos01CovReOrder.jpg (1 MB, 1164x900) Image search: [Google]
Chaos01CovReOrder.jpg
1 MB, 1164x900
Is Dynamite one of the current worst publishers?
They have so many characters but they don't do anything with them and when they do, it tends to be shitty.

Makes me wonder why they bother going after so many character licenses.
>>
>>83183916
>implying Idelson's arrival at Dynamite does not alleviate the current Berganza-tier (?) editorial

What does Dynamite typically do with their licensed characters (with few exceptions such as James Bond)? Slap them on miniseries and call it a day.
>>
>>83183916
>Makes me wonder why they bother going after so many character licenses.

It's probably cheaper in the end to license a character, and have an amount of sales guaranteed, than create your own (which is free) but have no returns guaranteed.
>>
>why don't comic publishers stop making capeshit and focus on other stuff?
>how come this other stuff sucks?
>>
>>83183916

Has Dark Horse published anything good in the last few years apart from Hellboy? I feel like they are not putting out anything remarkable in a while. They were in the tier of Valiant and Image but they were just left behind now.
>>
>>83186074
>Usagi Yojimbo
>Eltingville Club
>Grindhouse
>Beasts of Burden
>Harrow County
>Motherfucking VANDROID

They have some stuff.
>>
I wanted Devolution to be a nice sci-fi story.
It's nothing but hurr durr grrrrl power.
>>
>>83183916
Is that Evil Ernie?
>>
>>83183916
I really liked that King Comics universe they were doing for a little while.
>>
>>83186074
beasts of burden
mind mgmt
dept H
groo
baltimore
rebels
mister x
the black beetle
colder
sabertooth swordsman

the problem is dark horse does not advertise at all
>>
>>83187153

Yeah, it's a real shame that Dark Horse doesn't do a better job of marketing and publicizing their stuff.

They're one of my favorite publishers, if only because they're the only company these days whose publishing catalogue spans American comics, manga, manhwa, European comics, South American comics, licensed tie-in comics, and archival reprints of long-out-of-print classics. In terms of where they source the material they put out, they're probably one of the most diversified publishers around. Also, I've some nostalgic attachment to the company, as it was Dark Horse's manga line (specifically Blade of the Immortal and Appleseed) that kept me interested in comics through the dark, dark days of the late 1990s, when it really looked like the American comics industry was on its last legs in the wake of the 1996 industry implosion.
>>
File: 5a5dbf7d30f56740cb9f16672c6b5bca.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
5a5dbf7d30f56740cb9f16672c6b5bca.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1079
>>83183916

>Purgatori has real eyes, not all white ones.

FML.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.