[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to say that it is highy telling to me that I see no major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Cil-war-696x392.jpg (91 KB, 696x392) Image search: [Google]
Cil-war-696x392.jpg
91 KB, 696x392
I have to say that it is highy telling to me that I see no major discussion of Civil War... anywhere.

I guess these Marvel films have stopped being so relevant, or good, seeing as I have yet to watch this film, and probably won't for a while.
>>
Cape flicks only really get discussed months later if they're really shitty
>>
>>83179525
>MoS and BvS aren't great cinema
wew lad
>>
>>83178924
What's there to discuss. It was a cool movie. It had some flaws here and there. Overall an incredibly enjoyable watch and definitely one of the better MCU films, easily top 5, top 3 depending on your personal preference.
>>
>>83178924
>I have to say that it is highy telling to me that I see no major discussion of Civil War... anywhere.
Lel, you're late to the party, dude. There were massive debates about who was right and who was wrong, and people talking about who their favorite character was. You just missed it. Also >>83179525
>>
>>83178924

The better something is, the less /co/ discusses it. General threads are an exception and have no bearing on the quality of the thing being discussed.

Now fuck off with your newfag analysis of a board you only jumped to when BvS was being constantly shitposted.

Company wars are not normal. This is.
>>
It came, it did it's job, it went.

There's no dank memes or overly shittastic aspects and no controversies or overly long things to talk about. It's a critical and commercial success.

The better something is, the less there is to bitch about it and it just becomes circular "oh that was cool, so was that, I didn't like that, but that was alright" if it keeps going or becomes general cancer like Frozen

I know you're just mad people are hating on BvS.
>>
>>83178924
Every week there is someone who opens a topic in an attempt to pass off BvS for Cinema masterpiece and Civil war as negative example.

I guess it's more fun to talk about BvS, which divides a lot more the people than Civil Wars.
>>
File: 1457714269924.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457714269924.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>83178924
>it's been 3 weeks since it came out in America
>4 weeks since it came out almost everywhere else
>threads were up fucking nonstop for the first 2
>WOW WHY ISN'T ANYONE DISCUSSING IT ANYMORE MUST'VE BEEN BAD
>>
>>83180240
Squirrel Girl
>>
>>83180123
This. With, Civil war we discusses more about who was right or who was the most idiotic. There is not much to say about the movie. Apart from some ingenuity, the movie does exactly what it should do.
>>
File: 1431305244888.jpg (218 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1431305244888.jpg
218 KB, 1000x1000
>>83178924

The problem is that they keep playing it safe.

Nobody dies.
Cap send that letter to Tony so they are still friends basically.
Zemo was boring and safe, his torture scene with the guy in the sink was fucking dumb.
They introduce Spider-man and Black Panthern and that's it, there is nothing else to say beyond ''muh action scenes''
>>
>>83180469
Thanks for chiming in, Mexico.
>>
>>83180469
This has nothing to do with thread topic, but your image just reminded me just how much is riding on that one movie there. If it flops, the DCEU will sink.
One bad movie is an occurrence,
Two bad movies are a coincidence,
Three bad movies are a pattern.
>>
>>83180583

Implying that BvS and Man of Steel were bad, specially BvS has a lot of fans and suporters.

Wonder Woman is also being made, that's also important.
>>
>>83180615
>implying
I'm implying nothing. They were objectively bad. By all measures of cinema quality, they failed. The only people who think they're good are /tv/ contrarians and hardcore DCucks.
>>
>>83180469
Causalities doesnt always mean better storytelling, there are still ramifications after Civil War. Sure Cap and Tony will probably reconcile eventually, but I think you're downplaying the state of the Avengers right now.
>>83180615
They were a misfire and a rocky start to the DCEU. There are things to like in both films, but as a whole WB is in a bad position right now. I want them to turn it around, but you got to stop praising them for the shit they do
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x459
>>83180650
>>
>>83180744
And your point?
>>
>>83180731

Here's a (You), free of charge
>>
>>83180744

>I-It was all r-r-rigged! Critics are being paid not to like garbage..!
>>
Why did Marveldrones become a thing when Marvel Zombies was way better? Is it because the term was coined by people who don't read comics and don't understand Zombies' relevance?
>>
>>83180790
I want to say /tv/
>>
>>83180790
That would just be confusing, no one wants to clarify whether they're talking about fanboys or an actual series.
>>
>>83178924
To be honest, I'm getting a bit burnt out on these Marvel movies. I wasn't even planning on seeing Civil War until some friends invited me out to watch it. I thought it was pretty decent but nothing terribly outstanding.

I'm just not sure if it's overexposure to all the movies, or if the polish is finally starting to wear off.
>>
>>83180715

And what's the state of the Avengers right now?

None of them are coming back before The totally radical Thanos extravaganza part 1 so it doesn't even matter the act thing.

Even if it did the moment Thanos arrives or some shit, its not going to matter.
>>
>>83180715
>here are things to like in both films, but as a whole WB is in a bad position right now.

People are drones, just having Geoff Johns being in charge of the movie universe in some degree over Zack Snyder is going to make people say ''Wow, the movies are looking soooo much better already!''
>>
>>83180790
>>83180846
Marveldrones had been used for years.
We are talking more than a decade i used to translate comics in German speaking forums and Marvel drones was already in use, the alternative was "marvelita" that came from spain or italy forums.
>>
>>83180764

not the same anon but maybe the point is that such a mediocre movie is getting good grades at Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
>>83180952
How is 7.6 a good grade?
>>
>>83180846
It really wasn't confusing. You could easily tell from context clues what was being discussed. Besides, nobody actually talks about Marvel Zombies the comic these days.
>>
>>83180744
People need to stop posting shit about tfa like it means something. Guess what if a movie is mostly beloved by fans,a General audience, and critics...it's probably a good flick. Your tooth gnashing nitpicking bullshit doesn't mean anything and actin as if it's high rt score means something nefarious is afoot is just missing the point.
People like the movie.
>>
>>83180469
Why do people want characters to die so much? Don't you like them? Relate to them? Care about them?

Think about the real people in your life: do you piss and moan when they go through a difficult time but don't lose their life?

I just don't get this shit. I know that death/the possibility of death creates drama, tension, raises stakes, etc., but if you're just going to kill someone just to check off a box, why bother?

T'Chaka died, and it bummed me out 'cause he seemed like a good man who was doing what he thought was right for his people/the world, and obviously loved his son. His death has meaning.
>>
>>83180715
>Causalities doesnt always mean better storytelling

Yeah but after like 10 movies in which the worse thing that happens is characters yelling at each other, you need to raise the stakes.

We all know that Vision will die at some point during Infinite Thanos part 1... and he is a fucking robot! who cares??? He will comeback! We all know it!

Marvel Disney is watered down as hell, at this point all that really matters is the CGI battles.

Literally, the only really good part in Civil War were the Airport scene and the last battle.
>>
>>83180973

How is almost an 8 a bad grade?

Are you the kind of retard that thinks that BvS bombed because it didn't reach the random goalpost of a billion dollars?
>>
>>83181019
I get where youre coming from, but honestly its better than reviving each character for bullshit plot reasons. Also shame on you for calling Vision just a robot
>>
>>83181019
>what is Quicksilver
>what is Rhodey
You're downplaying how significant some of the things that have happened are.
>>
>>83181018

Because if people don't die that makes the movie feel kid friendly and not as good as it could be.

You don't have to murder half the cast, but at this point you don't even care about the fight scenes since nobody that is not a bad guy ever dies
>>
>>83178924
I haven't seen it yet. I've only seen Winter Soldier, which Marvel movies should I watch? I know people said Age of Ultron is bad, but my buddy said I had to see it for context about Civil War.
>>
>>83181046
How's a B good? That's a straight up "ehhh it was good but it had a lot of faults"
>>
>>83181056
>Vision just a robot

Sorry, I meant to say Martian Manhunter ripoff, fuck vision.

He was basically the strongest Avenger and he didn't do shit.

''Oh no! Cap is trying to reach that quinjet! Better destroy this command control tower to avoid him from gettin there!'''

Just destroy the Quinjet, you retarded robot!
>>
>>83181069
>>what is Quicksilver

He was barely mentioned during Civil War despite Wanda being important to the plot.

No funeral scene, no nothing.

And Rhodey is not even dead and the next time you see him he will be using robot legs to walk
>>
>>83181142
It's been a year. Why would they have his funeral after a year?
>>
>>83181088
AoU and Winter Soldier are the only ones you need to see.
Maybe Ant Man but he doesn't do enough in CW to warrant watching
>>
>>83181088
Its only going to get worse from here. AoU is pretty much the same quality as Avengers, its just the spectacle of seeing these characters together for the first time is gone. That and Whedon is kinda shit. I think you should watch everything but you could skip Thor 2 and Iron Man 2/3
>>
>>83181090

Whatever, you are just a retard if you think that is it doesn't have a perfect score=bad.

And even worse, rating a movie quality based on Rotten Tomatoes, pffft, pleb mode activated
>>
>>83181152
DURING AGE OF ULTRON.

The movie in which he appeared didn't gave a fuck about developing hsi character or making his dead have impact.

''Grrr, Tony Stark ruined our lives! We hate him foreveeeeeer!!!''

Then they don't interact with Tony Stark, just with Hawkeye for some reason.
>>
>>83181142
The only reason Hawkeye joined the fight was because he owed a debt to Wanda for her brother's sacrifice
>>
Why are you surprised.

There is no substance in any MCU flick. They don't warrant discussion even a week after release.
>>
>>83181215

Not true, he say that it was because of Cap.

And is also really shitty writing to have him be inspired in some way to fight because a guy that he barely met but having her sister not give a shit
>>
>>83181299
This.
>>
>>83181088
>I've only seen Winter Soldier, which Marvel movies should I watch?
Iron Man
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Captain America: Winter Soldier

The first Captain America wasn't bad if you want to nostalgia for the really, really old Cap stuff. The first Thor wasn't bad either, but nothing outstanding.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron establishes Wanda and Vision's characters, although I'm not sure if you need to know their backstories to watch Civil War. It's a fairly decent movie overall, although some parts weren't that impressive - and you might be missing something if you haven't seen one of the Iron Man movies before watching Ultron.
>>
>>83180123
>definitely one of the better MCU films, easily top 5, top 3 depending on your personal preference.

You are a fucking plebian. I bet you eat rat shit straight out of the side of the gutter. I bet you stand under homeless men peeing so that you can get a drink. I bet you live in a rusted tin shed at the side of a garbage dump and the only sex you've ever had was with your childhood pets. Kill yourself.
>>
>>83181316
>Not true, he say that it was because of Cap.
Yes and he also said "I owed a debt"
>>
>>83181316
No, Pedro, Cap told him about Wanda being imprisoned and he helped her escape because he owed her brother. Maybe go to the Spanish dub showing next time?
>>
>>83181468
ok

What are your top 5 MCU films then?
>>
File: Hail Problems2.png (193 KB, 420x336) Image search: [Google]
Hail Problems2.png
193 KB, 420x336
>>83178924
>I guess these Marvel films have stopped being so relevant, or good, seeing as I have yet to watch this film, and probably won't for a while.
I guess that means Captain America #1 was better than everything DC Rebirth.
>>
>>83181492

That's not what the other anon said, he said that Hawkguy joined the fight because of Quicksilver dying which was not the case.
>>
>>83181607
There are still threads about Rebirth, multiple Jokers, Dr. Memehatttan, and original Wally coming back though. You should have used another example.
>>
>>83181018
Let's not forget the Starks. Sure, they were long dead already, but we followed Howard's life since TFA and suddenly here he is getting brutally murdered in our faces along his wife

Also technically Peggy, although admittedly it was less impactful considering her general absence
>>
>>83180615
>specially BvS has a lot of fans and suporters
You know what else had a lot of fans? Anime like SAO. Having fans isn't a measurement of quality, it just means it's popular.
BvS fans only defense of the movie is that it was "too smart" and people just didn't understand it so they hate it.
>>
>>83181016
that movie was trash. what the fuck. seriously. fucking trash. there is no legitimate reason for those rt scores and i dont even know anyone in real life that thought it was any good.
>>
>>83182093
It's a Star Wars movie that wasn't the prequels. That's it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a steaming piece of shit, I'm annoyed that it was a rehash of the original, piece off that the whole time they went LOOK THIS IS STAR WARS while nothing of it felt like Star Wars, etc etc. But that doesn't mean I don't realise normies liked it. I'm very clearly in the 8% of people that thought it was shit, nothing wrong with that
>>
>>83181876

But its true, the movie has a lot of fans and is way smarter than your average marvel film.

''Superman only had like 40 lines during the whole film!!! hahahahahaha''

So by that logic Samurai Jack sucks, he barely has lines in most episodes. Why? Because both BvS and Samurai Jack use VISUAL storytelling.

While Marvel every minute is like ''Are you telling me that you just started the Age of Ultron???'', ''Congratulations Cap, you just started the Captain America 3: Civil War''
>>
>>83180469
It was an interquel for Infinity War. It basically leaves of how AoU should have.

Still an amazing film.

Also, it was overstuffed as it was, more people would have killed it.
>>
>>83178924
You missed this month of condtan CW threads?
>>
>>83178924
I just saw it yesterday. I like to wait for crowds to die down. It was pretty good. Not Winter Soldier good, but alright. Steve was right and Tony was an illogical emotional rollercoaster of a human being through out the entire movie. Like a little kid trying to keep his family together when he could see the divorce coming. All I'll say is Rhodey got exactly what he deserved for being such a government toady "Congrats Cap, you're a criminal" fuck off.
>>
>>83181876
>>83182252
The only time the "you have to be smart to get this film" argument is used is when people point out "plotholes" which don't actually exist. Such as "they really thought Superman shot those people?!"
>>
>>83180615
They were.
>specially BvS has a lot of fans and suporters

It has people in denial who refuse to accept they spent 3 year hyping that thing.
>>
>>83182285
>It was an interquel for Infinity War.

Can we please drop this shitty excuse of ''wait for the sequel/they are setting up the sequel!''

Most of the time they do like 5 minutes of something related to the precviews movie and that's it, the rest is brand new.

''Wow, the action scenes looked like crap during most of Winter Soldier''
''Infinite War, dude, they are waiting for that movie to really do the great action!''
>>
>>83182485

No, it had comic book fans that got a really good movie.
>>
>>83182596
>THEY'RE GONNA GET THEIR FINAL COSTUMES IN INFINITY WAR
>JUST YOU WAIT
I swear if I see someone mention that fucking tiara one more time I'm gonna shoot somebody
>>
>>83182625
I'm sure comic nook fans appreaciated a convoluted story that non-sensically mashes up a couple of storylines in the most laughable way.
>>
>>83178924

Flavor of the month.
>>
>>83182663
It's only convoluted if you're retarded. Ever read a comic book? I bet you'll think that was convoluted too. Don't even try to read a Flash comic, that'll blow up your brain.
>>
>>83182680
Why are you replying to OP if this isn't your first post in this thread?
Are DCfags THIS mad?
>>
>>83178924
Because it did it's job nicely, everyone liked it, it was a success, there's nothing controversial about it, plus we had an entire month of CW threads.
Plus no one can shitpost about it because of all this.
People are happy.
>>
>>83182663

Nothing convoluted about the movie.

Batman hates and doesn't trusts superman because the battle with General Zod.

Superman things that Batman is acting like an asshole and that he should be the one bringing all the the justice.

Luthor hates god like figures because his christian dad beated the shit out of him as a kid while preaching about god so he had a plan to kill superman with doomsday and then use kryptonite to kill doomsday so he would become the new savior/god.

Batman stole the Kryptonite and Luthor knowing about the bat and how he would be a pain in the ass for him at some point, he used that to create the best gladiator match in history.

WW is there to start developing Justice League shit just like most Marvel films do.

The movie was pretty straight forward, unless you are a retard of course.
>>
>>83182699

No but its the truth. Flavor of the month.

The movie is not even a month old and people already forgot about it
>>
>>83182877
And then the last 5 minutes they force Death of Superman out of fucking nowhere.
It deserved the reception it got.
>>
>>83182699
>Are DCfags THIS mad?

Yes, they are... and they are right to be, because: fuck you and your wife, Snyder.
>>
>>83182780

I think that people only liked the movie becaouse of Spider-man.

Thanks, based Sony! You showed marvel how is done !
>>
>>83182900
You are just a mad DCfag who has no arguments aside from pointing out that nobody is discussing a movie discussed to death for over a month.

I'm sure if it had sucked people would still be discussing it.
>>
>>83182902

>Doomsday in the film.
>Death of Superman out of nowhere.

Gee, I wonder what /tv/ casual is behind this post
>>
File: 5FkxsTs.jpg (161 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
5FkxsTs.jpg
161 KB, 400x750
>>
>>83182918
Frankly, they deserve it for ever getting hyped for a movie directed by Snyder. If his last four movies weren't enough to show people they should avoid his shit like the plague, I don't know what is
>>
>>83182946

Sorry but its the truth, flavor of the month.

Its a good movie because of the fight scenes, not because of the plot. That's why people forget about such movies that fast.

I'm not mad, I'm smoking a huuuge joint right now
>>
>>83182252
Oh yeah Lex force feeding the audience themes sure was visual.
>>
File: 14867468746541.jpg (3 MB, 5611x2000) Image search: [Google]
14867468746541.jpg
3 MB, 5611x2000
>thread trying to shit on CW is full of desperate and angry BvS apologists
>>
>>83182972

But Snyder is a brilliant director anon, he doesn't have bad films.

Sucker Punch is just to smart for regular audiences and still better action than Civil War.

Because we know both movies are just an excuse to have action scenes.
>>
>>83183013

At least Superman and Batman fuck girls.

Captain America is gay and Civil War is proof of it, everybody is talking about it.
>>
>>83183035
Man, Bay does a better job than Snyder, and he doesn't try to pretend he's doing some 2deep4u shit.

I'm pretty certain I'd watch Michael Bay direct Superman
>>
>>83182999
>flavor of the month.

On 4chan, of course.
Everything that can't get shitposted easily is flavor of the month because there's only so much you can discuss from a 2 hour long movie.
>>
>>83183101
Well, clearly the Dark Knight Rises is the greatest movie known to man considering we're still "discussing" it four years later.
>>
Daily reminder that his was the whole point of civil war, that the removed scenes because it was too obvious that they were gay for each other
>>
I want /tv/ to leave
>>
>>83183101

People are still talk about DC films years after the fact while people don't even remember who Crossbones is
>>
File: cinematokino.jpg (75 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
cinematokino.jpg
75 KB, 960x600
>>83183092

Yeah Bay is not a bad director, better than the Russo brothers, he knows how to direct action scenes, tracking shots and shit.

While the Russo brother movies look like fucking garbage
>>
My two cents, for how little they're worth:

I marathoned the MCU in preparation for Civil War.

Objectively, it's a great movie. Subjectively, I don't feel as much.

Spider-Man was excellent, pretty much perfect, but I feel we got a bit too much of him. I understand why (introducing him to the MCU) but I would've liked a bit less of him. It's kind of like cheesecake in the middle of a pizza- Good, but a bit out of place.

I also personally didn't like how Civil War ended, how it's not a happy note. Call me autistic or whatever, but I feel like the movie isn't done yet. I want more. Maybe that's a good thing and was the point, but personally I want to feel satisfied at the end of a movie, not wanting more.
>>
Captain America,
he is a queer-o
reducing Bucky's ass down to zero!
>>
>>83183208
>People are still talk about DC films years after

You mean baneposting and the 3 years of damage control threads of MoS trying to explain why it was not garbage?
>>
>>83183261
>that bat suit
Is that real? lmfao
>>
>>83183328
Also, I understand that Bucky is Rogers' best friend, but he looks and feels like a dick.

Give him a haircut and I'll like him more. That long hair coupled with the unshaven face and looking like he just smelled some shit make him hard for me like.
>>
>>83178924
Open your eyes, idiot. There have been tons of Civil War threads.
>>
>>83183328

For some reason that's how Captain America movies go.

>End of First Avenger.
>Cap is in the present!!!! Forget everything you knew about his story, this is the new status quo!
>Next movie, he is already adjusted to the present.
>Ends with Hydra shit going on, forget everything that you knew about the story! This is the new status quo!!
>Next movie starts with Hydra being defeated off-screen. But now is about the ACT! Forget everything you knew about the story, this is the new status quo!

I mean, Iron-man 3 barely mentioned the Avengers just like Thor 2 and none of their plot lines were solved in other movies
>>
>>83183328
Same. I think Spidey was kinda shoehorned but I liked his character so that's okay. About the ending, at first I didn't like how it didn't have an actually happy end but at the same time it felt like a breath of fresh air.
I do admit I was hoping Cap and Tony would team up to beat Zemo and go back to being pals again though.
>>
File: 1451170121582.jpg (2 MB, 1941x2731) Image search: [Google]
1451170121582.jpg
2 MB, 1941x2731
>>83183208
Only on 4chan and usually is to mock them.
Do you really think the opinions of the people who did pic related are good?
>>
>>83183352

3 years of people liking Man of Steel, anon.
>>
>>83182962
It's like saying Harvey Dent becoming Two-Face comes "out of nowhere." Everyone who reads comics knows it's going to happen in some way or another.
>>
>>83182966
>implying Man of Steel was bad

lol
>>
File: 1486768746843.png (285 KB, 854x357) Image search: [Google]
1486768746843.png
285 KB, 854x357
>>83183261
No, Michael Bay actually knows how to shoot action scenes.
Snyder is a talentless hack who still delivers film student-tier trash like pic related.

The Russos are bad, but because they are directors used to TV.
Snyder is a 50 year old who went to film school and in 30 years he hasn't improved a single thing.
The fact that people praise his trash and ''Making movies 101'' tips to cinematography just prove how little you know about any of this.

Even in scenes where nothing is happening he keeps making the camera shake a little, like it was some sort of documentary, and he needs to give the camera a Richter 10 earthquake-tier shake everytime someone punches another one to give the sensation of an impact because he's incapable of doing it visually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQHgy7Nmkk
Go to 3:11

Pay attention to how steady the camera is throughout this entire action-heavy scene, how easy it is to follow everything.
Snyder would have made this completely unwatchable because he would need to make the camera shake to give Optimus' punches some sort of impact, yet Bay manages to give that effect without any problem, you can feel those two punches Optimus gives Megatron in the face.
>>
>>83183476
3 years of people looking for approval and being butthurt over it's reception.
Just like what will happen the next months until JL comes out, and then what will happen for the next 2 years about JL until JL2 comes out, if the DCEU isn't rebooted by then.
>>
>>83180744
>>83182093
Reminder that The Phantom Menace was loved by critics when it first came out.

Pointing out that TFA was rated highly means nothing.
>>
>>83181090
stop thinking within the context of your country's educational system
>>
>>83182093
>>83183634
TFA had the same reception BvS did among it's fans.
It's not a good movie, but there's people ''liking it'' and praising it.
Why?
Because it's their franchise, they hyped up that movie for years, and they refuse to acknowledge that hype was for nothing, because that's what the movie was, a bunch of nothing.
>>
File: 198520958295.gif (1 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
198520958295.gif
1 MB, 245x140
>CW hating-thread becomes Snyder-drone and BvS defense thread
This is too good.
>>
>>83183549
What's the problem with that pic? It looks cool.
>>
>>83180240
>It came, it did it's job, it went.
It didn't though, that's the problem.

This wasn't a Civil War movie.
This was a Cap III / Avengers III movie.

So it's like "wew Captain America!" and then nothing more to discuss.
>>
>>83183447

le 4chan is one person meme.

Detractors are always louder than fans, everbody knows that.
>>
>>83183680
The difference of course is that TFA is an actual critical and commercial success and BvS is basically the equivalent of a Transformers movie
>>
>>83183438
Maybe it's because I went into First Avenger and Winter Soldier knowing that there were movies to come afterwords, but they didn't feel like downer endings to me.

And I thought like the whole point of Iron Man 3 was him mentally dealing with the battle of New York.

>>83183440
Yeah, I feel pretty much exactly the same way.
>>
>>83183771
>it looks cool
Is ''cool'' the word 12 year olds use when they don't know how to defend something?

It's a normal shot, but from a cinematographic sense it's completely worthless.
It's a shot made for the trailer, it serves no purpose but doing some cheap religious imaginery by making people act like retards.
You watch that scene in the movie and you have the lady trying to reach out to Superman who's like 10 meters in the air.
Why is Superman floating in there?
Why is the lady trying to reach out to him?
Why are they acting like that?

It makes no sense and it was just Snyder showing, once again, that he has no idea of how to do cinematography, he has to go out of his way to achieve those shots, he can't include them organically into the movie.
>>
>>83183549

blablabla, shitposting. No, he is a good director and you are full of shit, the end.

>>83183606

Wrong and gay as Steve Rogers in civil war
>>
>>83183822
If it was Civil War movie, loyal to the comic, it would be heavily discussed for years to come because it would have been complete garbage.

>This was a Cap III
What? The third movie called Captain America is Cap 3?
What sorcery is this?
>>
>>83183853
Epic arguments.
You really convinced me.
>>
>>83183833

Yeah but what if I don't give a shit about the Avengers and I just want to watch Captain America films?

What kind of shitty film sets up stuff for a sequel just to solve it on a different movie?

>>83183829
TFA was the worse Star Wars movie ever made.
>>
>>83183822
It's almost as if it was called Captain America: Civil War....
Whoa
>>
>>83183853
This is bait
>>
>>83183438
The only thing I didn't like about AoU not to say that the movie was particularly good was the beginning because I was sure there would be a part showing Tony going back to being Iron Man, and instead we got a timeskip.
>>
File: 1464201820444.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1464201820444.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>83183853
>he really believes that
>>
>>83183843

Wow are you retarded?

''why people in movies act different than people in real life?''

Because its a fucking movie, not a real life drama you fucking retard.

>>83183896
>Epic arguments.

I know, I'm amazing like most DC fans.
>>
>>83183991
>Because its a fucking movie, not a real life drama you fucking retard.
It's funny because BvS and MoS really tried hard to be ''What would happen if these heroes really existed'' yet you have these awful non-sensical moments which are 100% cinematography purposes, which in turn, are shots made to put in trailers.

That's what Snyder's movies are, movies made to make trailers out of them, the dialogue, a lot of scenes and shots, a lot of it is tailored to be put in trailers.

He's literally the Hideo Kojima if movies.
>>
File: 1462399789750.jpg (84 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1462399789750.jpg
84 KB, 604x311
>>83183991
It's always funny to see someone who lost the argument try to pretend to be retarded to save the face
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 125x125
>>83181468
>being this triggered
>>
>>83183988

Steven Rogers is gay for Bucky anon.

Remember that scene when he said ''Ok Buckt, lets fuck!'' that's what it meant.

>>83184040

Yeah but that doesn't make it NOT a movie in which you have to change shit from real life in order to create a symbolic scene.
>>83184051

oh look, its we spotted the /tvirgin/ ''Better Call Saul sucks because it doesn't have explosions!''

Like we would care about your low quality trolling
>>
>>83184040
>He's literally the Hideo Kojima if movies.

Actually I would say he's more David Cage.
He's a guy who thinks about cool shots and moments in his head, he films them, but then he doesn't know how to connect them or add them fluidly into the movie.
>>
>>83184117
>you have to change shit from real life in order to create a symbolic scene.
The fact that Snyder needs to change things about human nature and how normal people act to make determined shots says a lot about his abilities as a director.
>>
>>83183866
>>83183905
My point was that it downplayed the focus of the registration act and the arguments from all sides to just "Oh it's actually Zemo that's the villian not this conflict of opinions, Cap was right all along!".

The accords in the movie were just extra sugar sprinkled on top to give people reason to get mad at Cap and fight him in a brawl. They should've been the topic of their own movie, not as icing of a Bucky cake.

It would be like as if you made a 3 hour long Batman vs Superman movie but spend only 10 minutes doing a half-assed fight and it turns out the fight gets cancelled because there was a third-party villian that joined the fray and they teamed up to fight the new villian instead.

It's just a fucking bait-n-switch.

So you walk out of the theatres and are like "Okay, there were some explosions and stuff, so I guess we got what we wanted but not really" and then just grumbly bicker about the rest of the movie. I was worried this might happen when it was titled "Captain America III: Civil War" instead of "Marvel presents: Civil War". Two years of hype, down the drain.
>>
>>83184200
But the only thing Zemo did was fast-forward what was going to happen anyway.
The Accords were being discussed even before the UN bombing.
>>
>>83184146

Yeah, the over the top change of having a person admiring a angelic figure...

Nitpicking can't only get you so far.

At least is not as bas as

-Hey Ant-man and Hawkeye, I know that you people have families to care about, but don't you want to leave them and become criminals just so I an save Bucky/my boyfriend?
>>
>>83180123
>cool movie

It had two cool scenes . Surrounded by a pile of shit
One of the worst marvel films to date and with the worst marvel villain in a long list of lousy bad guys
>>
>>83184200
The only thing Zemo did was bomb the UN and show them the Winter Soldier clip.

Even if you take that out, the discrepances between Cap and Iron Man begin when Cap finds out about Wanda's situation.
>>
>>83184291

No.
>>
>>83184260

I mean, holy shit! What is fucking more retarded here?

Ant-man and Hawkeye leaving their families behind just because Cap asked.

or

Cap asking people to ruin their lives just to save Bucky?
>>
>>83184260
>Yeah, the over the top change of having a person admiring a angelic figure...
And it completely failed at doing so because Snyder doesn't know how to build up a shot.
You can't defend it, you don't have a single argument.

>-Hey Ant-man and Hawkeye, I know that you people have families to care about, but don't you want to leave them and become criminals just so I an save Bucky/my boyfriend?
You forget the fact that Ant-Man is already a criminal.
But hey, what's important is not having a good movie, but one-upping the MCU, right?

Nitpicking can only get you so far.
>>
>>83183901
>TFA was the worse (worst) Star Wars movie ever made.

Objectively false. Sure, it's derivative of A New Hope, but TFA had a triple purpose. It had to set up a new Star Wars meta, it had to regain the audience's trust in Star Wars movies, and it had to be solid on it's own merits.

The worst Star Wars movie ever made is honestly a toss up between the prequel movies. TPM has Liam Neeson and nostalgia, RotS has a killing off of all the annoying characters and looks pretty, and AotC is kind of in the middle.

But TFA is leagues above the prequels- behind the originals, but that's why there's two more in the sequel trilogy to make up that distance.
>>
>>83184322
>Cap asking people to ruin their lives just to save Bucky?

Cap: opposes the Accords, wants to save Bucky.

Falcon: he opposed the Accords even before Cap did.

Wanda: she was a prisoner on her own home.

Hawkeye: he owes Wanda.

Ant-Man: Cap fanboy who has nothing to lose.

They all have a reason to fight.
>>
>>83184291

Wow, stale pasta anon.>>83184293
>when Cap finds out about Wanda's situation.

What Wanda situation? Being put in a building with cable, food, jacuzzis, a walking dildo with a cape and probably a small McDonalds inside?

ohhhh the poor girl! Because Tony said that she was going to be there FOREVER, right? No? Cap is a retard
>>
>>83184322
I think the idea that heroes stop being heroes because they have families is more retarded
>>
>>83184291
Thor 2 exists, so all your points are invalid.
Try harder next time, the other shitposter is really putting his soul in defending that turd of BvS, you could learn something from him
>>
>>83184387
>What Wanda situation? Being put in a building with cable, food, jacuzzis, a walking dildo with a cape and probably a small McDonalds inside?

Not being allowed to get out of there, not having any kind of freedom, and the moment she gets out of there, on to the raft.
Mmmm, I wonder why Captain America doesn't agree with taking someone's freedom away from him or her.
>>
>>83184260
>>83184322
Team Cap was assembled to stop the psycho assassins in Siberia, not to fight Stark.
>>
File: 1431030314091.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1431030314091.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>83184394
This, it's glorious.
>>
>>83184370
>Hawkeye: he owes Wanda.
>Ant-Man: Cap fanboy who has nothing to lose.

That's not how real people act, that was the point of the argument.

Ant-man's movie was all about his family, he never even mentioned Cap once and now he is leaving all behind just because of him?

The same goes for Hawkeye, he payed his ''debt'', which is a retarded argument when we talk about super heroes, when she help Scarlet Witch scape.

Then the ''you will literally become a most wanted criminal'' happened.

Sorry but it was fucking dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (618 KB, 1948x1486) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
618 KB, 1948x1486
>>83183843
>why should movies have cool scenes
Movies are made to be visual. I don't see why you're so angry about this.

>but from a cinematographic sense it's completely worthless.
Superman saving people shows his character as a hero. If you didn't have scenes like this people would say "why is Superman called a hero if he doesn't save anyone?" I don't know about you, but I like reading comics. I like the cool panels in comics, and it's nice to have cool shots in movies about comics. If you don't like comics, then of course you won't like this shot. Go watch other movies instead.

>Why is Superman floating in there?
>Why is the lady trying to reach out to him?
>Why are they acting like that?

Superman is saving the lady. The lady wants to be saved. Is it really so hard to understand?
>>
>/co/ doesn't discuss good things
the opposite happens

when everyone agrees that something is good, there is nothing to talk about. That's the reason Korra keeps getting discussion to this day.
>>
>>83184478
>That's not how real people act
The last member of Wanda's family died saving Hawkeye.
That's why he owes her.
>>
>>83184416

Gee anon, is not like she was involved in some accident that killed a lot of people.

And again, she wasn't in jail forever, it was just while they settle things down about the act.

''muh freedom!'' eat a dick.
>>
>>83184510
woops meant to say
>/co/ makes discussions about good things
>>
File: GaNkwgDySZU.jpg (20 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
GaNkwgDySZU.jpg
20 KB, 200x295
>>83184517

this is cap right now
>>
>>83184504
>why should movies have cool scenes
Again, ''cool'' is a word used by 12 year olds when they have no arguments to defend something.

And no, what i'm asking is, why does this guy who gets praised for his cinematography deliver awful, film-student tier shots that are completely disconnected from the plot?

>Superman saving people shows his character as a hero. If you didn't have scenes like this people would say "why is Superman called a hero if he doesn't save anyone?" I don't know about you, but I like reading comics. I like the cool panels in comics, and it's nice to have cool shots in movies about comics. If you don't like comics, then of course you won't like this shot. Go watch other movies instead.

Sorry, I don't see anything here explaining that shot.

>Superman is saving the lady. The lady wants to be saved. Is it really so hard to understand?
Then why is he not saving her?
Why is she reaching out to a guy 10 meters into the air?
Why is Superman floating in the air instead of going down to save her?
>>
>>83184518

No, saving people is the right thing to do.

And he doesn't owe her ruin his own life, that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>83184527
> it was just while they settle things down about the act.
Yeah, because when people get killed, they eventually forget about that.

>''muh freedom!''
That's what Cap is all about, retard.
>>
>>83184200
On an extra note, the movie should've been titled:
>Captain America III: Winter Soldier II

Much more accurate title, and then people would be like "This was an awesome movie! Leave Bucky alone!" and we'd all talk about how it was the best movie ever after Winter Soldier or something close.

>>83184226
That's not my point though. Zemo was the main source of conflict here, not the accords, not the 500392840324 other agendas that would've come with attempts to put the accords into law if they were in the actual focus of the movie.

Zemo should've been in one movie, the conflict over the accords in another. Probably make it a two-parter pair of movies. Zemo would be part one, and then this conflict over Bucky would lead to the whole Civil War team vs team fight they want in part two. One still leads into another and people would be able to clearly see the distinction between the two, not this confusing intermixed shit. Most people can't even tell if this was truly a Cap vs Iron Man movie, and that "I hope we can still be friends" letter just cements the fact that it wasn't a real conflict because it was all misunderstandings instead of actual conflict of opinion.

And there was also the segment where they rebooted all of Spiderman into 20 minutes of screentime instead of giving him his own goddamn movie beforehand. Too much non-cap-related shit going on. That quip from Tony to Scott where he went "Who are you again?" was made to be funny but it's actually a good example of "too much unrelated shit going on". Tony doesn't give a shit about Hank Pym, the audience doesn't give about Hank Pym, only fat neckbeards like us who read comics in our basements give a shit about Hank Pym.
>>
>>83184517

daily reminder that this was the whole point of civil war
>>
>>83184563
>by 12 year olds

You know that when you start an argument like that nobody is going to give a shit about your obvious trolling, right?
>>
>>83184291
>>83181468

Nah
>>
>>83184588
Everything you have said would have made the story an even bigger clusterfuck.

>and that "I hope we can still be friends" letter just cements the fact that it wasn't a real conflict because it was all misunderstandings
Exactly, that's the goddamn point of the entire movie, they are not enemies, they are friends relucantly fighting each other.
>>
>>83184616
>b-b-but it's so coool and epic as f*ck
Great way of describing it.

And great way to ignore the rest of the post because you can't for the love of god provide a single argument to defend Snyder's sad attempts at composition.
Not that I expected any valid ones, since there are none.
Snyder is a music video director, look it up, that's how he built his career.
Out of making disjointed videos all about the visuals, and he carried that on to movies, delivering non-sensical cinematography that only fits in a cinemagrid, or in a trailer, not in a movie.
>>
>>83184635
Civil War was supposed to be a conflict of ideological differences, not "misunderstandings caused by Zemo". They just threw out the first part out the window the moment Bucky became involved because it became about saving Bucky, not about how the accords might not be a good idea.
>>
>>83181120
he's a red tornado rip off actually .senpai
>>
>>83184586

Sorry but its a shitty argument.

You can't expect to have a person being involved with the death of a lot of people be allowed to walk around free the next day.

She should be in preventive jail time.

Hell, she helped fucking ultron to kill people! Just by that fact alone she should be jailed!
>>
>>83184677
But it is.
The Accords spark the conflict, and Bucky is the last straw.
>>
>>83184668

I'm not the same anon that said the cool thing, but you come off as the 12 year old that you are accusing him to be with such comments
>>
>>83184709
>You can't expect to have a person being involved with the death of a lot of people be allowed to walk around free the next day.

The same person that by doing so saved hundreds?
When she stopped a terrorist from getting away with a biological weapon?

If it wasn't for the Avengers he would have gotten away, no one else was in there trying to stop them.

>Hell, she helped fucking ultron to kill people!
And she killed him once.
>>
>>83184678
The first Vision debuted in 1940.

Vision's body was the original Human Torch's, who debuted in 1939.

both almost 30 years before Red Tornado and a little before the original Red Tornado. Even though today's Vision came about two months after Red Tornado
>>
>>83184748
>The same person that by doing so saved hundreds?

The point of the movie is that despite the Avengers saving people they are acting outside the law and that's ilegal as fuck.

And just because she saved people that doesn't make her crimes dissapear.
>>
>>83183822
Jesus fuck, how dense are you to think this would be a faithful adaption of Civil War? If you're a casual or a normie then fine I guess, you shouldn't be here though and your opinion isn't going to be respected.

The Winter Soldier wasn't a faithful adaption of Brubaker's book either. Where was the criticism for that? Everyone wanting a "Civil War movie" haven't read comics or have shit taste. Why the fuck would anyone want that steaming pile to be given a $200 million movie?

Bullet fucking dodged, now go back to facebook where you learned about comics.

Should go without saying, but see >>83183905
>>
>>83184330
thats bullshit and you know it

>>83184349
it really is, there are good moments, but its pretty terrible.
>>
>>83185021
It would be a crime if she did it on purpose, but she didn't.
There's colateral damage in all wars, this isn't any different.
In fact, the USA has been using PMC's constantly to fight their own wars.
>>
>>83184748

Wanda was arrested for being an illegal immigrant tho.
>>
This is how people see Cap thanks to Civil War.

Talking about fucking out so badly that people think that your movie about super heroes is about gay men

Thanks based rusos!

>>83184848
>>
>>83185058
>thats bullshit and you know it
It's been 2 hours and you haven't provided a single argument aside from ''NO YOU ARE WRONG''.
>>
>>83185061

>There's colateral damage in all wars, this isn't any different.

It's different because it's a bunch of random dudes causing damage, not organized government.

In fact, Cap's team is so wrong that vigilantes are already a crime in real life. They should be a special forces from day 1 with SHIELD.
>>
>>83184819
>The first vision
well shit i take it back, sorry mon
>>
You're right.

I'd rather have countless threads about how garbage a piece of media is. Quality stuff such as Legend of Korra and the new PPG proves this.
>>
>>83184714
If Cap and his faction were supposed to butt heads with Tony and his crew, it should've been over not coming back to sign the accords and/or stopping Tony from arresting a fellow enhanced (e.g. Matt Murdock) from being forced to sign and join the Avengers or the not-SHIELD Codex, etc. The accords sparking the conflict isn't enough, it has to be ABOUT the fucking accords.

>Cap: "I'm going to stop Zemo!"
>Tony: "I'm not letting you."
>(You): This was totally a fight about the accords.

And then Tony throws Spidey at the gang like he did with Mecha-Thor from the comics.

I'm pretty sad we'll never get the part from the comics where Peter comes out to the public as Spiderman in support of the accords and to convince the other vigilantes to sign on and support them too.
>>
>>83185061
>There's colateral damage in all wars, this isn't any different.

Yes it is, she is not a soldier, cop or anything like that, she doesn't have the right to be in wars and try to defeat Hydra and any of that shit.

That alone is illegal.
>>
>>83185096
it not me who started the discussion actually, but several people have proved you wrong kid. You are just to pig headed to realise.
>>
>>83185138
But they are saving people in the process.

>They should be a special forces from day 1 with SHIELD.
They were, turns out they were being controlled by a splinter Nazi faction and SHIELD was disbanded.

>>83185161
>Yes it is, she is not a soldier, cop or anything like that, she doesn't have the right to be in wars and try to defeat Hydra and any of that shit.
Oh well, they should just sit tight and let Thanos destroy the universe.
After all, the law says they are not allowed to be heroes.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>83184563
Calling something "film-student tier" doesn't make it bad. Prove to me why this is a bad shot.

The reason why people enjoy seeing beautiful things is because it naturally pleases our senses. You see how great that shot looks? I don't know why you have a problem with it. Do you get angry at nature too for being beuatiful?

I get it, though. You don't like comics. You can't fathom why people would do shots like this, which look great while also giving an insight into Superman's character. I mean, look at this pic. "But why is Superman posing like that?!" Because it looks cool? You can't seriously say that comics don't do this all the time, and then complain that a movie BASED ON COMICS is doing the same thing.

>Then why is he not saving her?
>Why is she reaching out to a guy 10 meters into the air?
>Why is Superman floating in the air instead of going down to save her?

He does save her. We're shown the scene of him hovering down. Would you have just preferred the scene to be extended to him picking her up in his arms? Is that why you're complaining?
>>
>>83185196
Point out those posts please because I don't remember a single valid argument being posted, just
>WOW SNYDER IS A GENIUS BECAUSE I SAY SO
>>
>>83185149

>I'm pretty sad we'll never get the part from the comics where Peter comes out to the public as Spiderman in support of the accords

I'm pretty glad you don't work for Marvel. It's stupid shit like that that makes people hate comics and love the movies, and then you complain about casuals and plebs, when the shit taste is on you.
>>
>>83185198

>But they are saving people in the process.

So? I can save people but I should be arrested, regardless. It's the law. Vigilantism is a crime.

Cap was dumb as fuck for not signing it and then working around it anyway, like Tony did.
>>
>>83185149
>Cap: "I'm going to stop Zemo!"
>Tony: "GODDAMMIT CAP THAT SHIT IS ILLEGAL, I AM LEGALLY REQUIRED TO STOP YOU."
>>
>>83185211
>The reason why people enjoy seeing beautiful things is because it naturally pleases our senses. You see how great that shot looks? I don't know why you have a problem with it. Do you get angry at nature too for being beuatiful?

The thing is you are talking about that shot as if it was on it's own, as if it wasn't part of a movie.
That's not how cinematography works.
Cinematography it's supposed to add to the plot, to be in cohesion with it, to provide visuals that accompany that plot.

If that was just a random picture, then you could talk about it like that, but it's not, it's part of a movie, and I judge it as a shot of a movie, and it doesn't make any sense.
Not everything is about aesthetics, you need to learn to implement those looks fluidly into the movie.

>He does save her. We're shown the scene of him hovering down.
Yes, and before that we have him pointlessly floating up there to have the cool shot.
>>
>>83185198
>Oh well, they should just sit tight and let Thanos destroy the universe.
>After all, the law says they are not allowed to be heroes.

Thanos is a fucking alien.

Crossbones was a terrorist, she doesn't have the right to act on shit.

And besides she wasn't even jailed!!! Tony didn't say '' and she will be there FOREVER!!!!''

Sorry but not signing the act based on that makes Steve look like a fucking whiny bitch ''its either WHAT I SAY or nothing!''

She was involved in a ton of deaths, are you saying that she should be able to do whatever the fuck she wants after that?

How old are you?
>>
>>83185303

Not the same anon but that shot added to the plot.

It showed that some people around the world see superman as a god like figure that will help them.

That's why insted of writing a S.O.S in the roof she used the Superman symbol, because that symbol means salvation for them.

Get it?

It also looked cool as shit, btw. Its a comic book movie, doing cool shit is part of the ride.
>>
>>83184677

Tony had 24h to arrest Cap. That's about the accords right there.
>>
>>83185295
>It's the law. Vigilantism is a crime.
That doesn't make it right.
They owe to them that the world is still not destroyed in the first place, and they continue doing so.
What's baffling is how they are up to allowing organizations like the CIA and such operate behind the law, but not the guys who have saved the entire planet more than once.

>>83185327
>Sorry but not signing the act based on that makes Steve look like a fucking whiny bitch ''its either WHAT I SAY or nothing!''

Why would he sign the Accords?
His time in the 21th century has proved time and again that these governments can't be trusted.
He found out about SHIELD using the tesseract to build weapons, then he found out about HYDRA controlling SHIELD.
Besides, the UN was, and will always be, one of the most irrelevant forms of government, and most unneficient ones.

Hell, they bomb the fucking UN itself and they don't allow Cap to go after the one who did it.
That's how useless they are.
>>
>>83185297
>Tony: "Hand over Bucky. He blew up the UN."
>Cap: "IT WAS ZEMO, GODDAMNIT TONY WE HAVE TO GO STOP ZEMO RIGHT FUCKING NOW."
>>
>>83181468
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>83185297
>>83185407
Those are not mutually exclusive. I wasn't even framing Tony as unreasonable, I was just avin a giggle.
>>
>>83178924
It was a great movie, everyone knows it. Nothing more to say.
>>
File: 148674864864632.jpg (604 KB, 3414x1152) Image search: [Google]
148674864864632.jpg
604 KB, 3414x1152
>>83185378
But it didn't.
It's a shot to have a cool shot, it adds nothing.
There was no reason to not just show Superman just saving her.

>It also looked cool as shit
See?
That's how a 12 year old talks
>OMG IT'S SO COOL AND EPIC AS F*CK
Sorry kid, being ''cool'' is not an argument.
Should we also put Batman doing breakdance?
I bet that's fucking cool and awesome as shit too.

Here, have a look at what good cinematography is.
>>
>>83185399
>Why would he sign the Accords?

Because Captain America is not above the law.

Hydra is dead

Nobody is saying that the U.N in the MCU has to be just like the one in real life.

He had personal bagage involving the Winter Soldier, of course they are not going to allow him to go after him.

And they were fucking right about everything!

Steve helps to fuck up a highway, steal a car and a lot of shit just by chasing Bucky.

Witch send vision across a ton of floors in a building creating a lot of destruction in like a second and you still think that she should be allowed to do what she wants?

Steve was fucking wrong about everything basically.
>>
>>83185399
>What's baffling is how they are up to allowing organizations like the CIA and such operate behind the law, but not the guys who have saved the entire planet more than once.
The same reason the public forgets about how intrusive the NSA is until some leak about it happens every ten years or so.

It's literally a FOTM outrage event. Politicians react with a stupid new law with strings attached that gets fast-tracked before somebody notices or has enough time to dismantle the THINK OF THE CHILDREN outcry for not accepting it as-is. Even if the accords were being worked on before the movie happened, they were probably nowhere near solid/complete and the latest draft just got fast-tracked with minor corrections.
>>
>>83185399

>That doesn't make it right.

It does in real life and should do in the MCU too. It's not that hard to make sense out of it, anon. Civilians can't do private military organizations, just imagine the mess.

>They owe to them that the world is still not destroyed in the first place, and they continue doing so.
It's just a matter of organization and accountability, anon. Jesus, just think for a moment.
If they send a message to the UN saying "THE WORLD IS IN DANGER" of course they're green lit, and even if the situation calls for immeadiate action, the damage they may cause is hold on accountability, so people can expect help from medics and assistance from the US wherver the Avengers set foot.

The way it is, they save the world, people die and they go home.

It's just a matter of being organized. The whole conflict of the movie is that the accords were not asking for the Avengers opinion, it was already decided.
>>
>>83185526

I already explained the scene, you are just nitpicking it to make it sound pointless.

Also it looked cool as shit, I don't care that you are such a joyless piece about the word ''cool''.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 1278x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 1278x686
>>83185526
What did those pics add to the plot?
:^)

Are you also triggered when people say games are "fun?"
>>
>>83185556
>Because Captain America is not above the law.
He should be, considering putting blocks on them means putting blocks on someone who is saving the world.

>Hydra is dead
But it was proof that these governments could easily be controlled too.
He has every reason to not trust anyone.

>He had personal bagage involving the Winter Soldier, of course they are not going to allow him to go after him.
See?
They are going to hold back their most effective tools because of pointless trash like that.

>Steve helps to fuck up a highway, steal a car and a lot of shit just by chasing Bucky.
And is that his fault or Bucky's?

>Witch send vision across a ton of floors in a building creating a lot of destruction in like a second and you still think that she should be allowed to do what she wants?
Because he was holding her hostage. People usually don't like that.
>>
>>83185674
>He should be

No and your argument falls apart right there.
>>
>>83185526

>le dark noir deep indie serious cinema

Anon, please.
>>
>>83185664
Those shots are completely, perfectly and organically added to the movie.
Nolan didn't go out of his way to film does, he didn't make people act retarded to achieve those shots because he has a natural ability which Snyder does not.

>>83185610
>nitpicking
Exactly, i'm criticizing, and you have done nothing to defend it, yet here you are.
Provide an argument for a change.

And i'm a joyless piece of shit because I don't consider ''B-B-BUT IT'S SO COOL AND EPIC AS F*CK'' an argument?

>>83185737
Dude, that's The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>83185556
>And they were fucking right about everything!
>Steve helps to fuck up a highway, steal a car and a lot of shit just by chasing Bucky.
No, Zemo was right about everything.
Zemo knew exactly how they were going to proceed once the photo HE SHOOPED went out.
Zemo knew exactly how to control everyone from the very damn start.

They didn't sit around to think, they only reacted. And so then they wasted tons of resources blowing up civilian apartments, trashing a highway full of cars and a bridge/tunnel, and an entire fucking airport because none of them except Cap decided to do any real fucking investigative police work.

And let's be serious here.
A fake ID got Zemo into the top-secure facility before they were in such a rush to throw Bucky into a hole.
That is retarded security practices right there.

>Steve was fucking wrong about everything basically.
Cap is always fucking right.
>>
>>83185734
>No and your argument falls apart right there.
Why?
The CIA, the NSA, they all operate without caring about the law, and to do things like MK ULTRA.
Why shouldn't Cap be allowed to do so, when the only things he does are for the well being of the planet?
>>
>>83185750
>you have done nothing to defend it

I explained the scene anon, you are the one that doesn't get or just wants to hate it.

It looks great, too bad that Marvel doesn't have anything like it.
>>
>>83185750

>The Dark Knight Rises.
>good cinematography

Holy shit.
>>
>>83185795
>I explained the scene anon
Exactly, you have explained the scene, not why that shot is there.

>It looks great, too bad that Marvel doesn't have anything like it.
Oh great, not only you have no arguments but you bring your neckbeard company wars into this.
>>
>>83185750
>Those shots are completely, perfectly and organically added to the movie.

Just like in BvS. You invent problems that don't exist.
>>
>>83185804
>this >>83185526 isn't good cinematography

Go ahead, explain why, let's have a hard laugh.
>>
>>83185782
>The CIA, the NSA, they all operate without caring about the law

Is this bait? They ARE the Law ( LAWWWWWW) they work for the goverment
>>
>>83185836
>Just like in BvS
No, they are not.
They are artificially forced into the movie, making people act retarded and going out of his way to achieve them.
It's a disgrace, a failure, absolutely no sense of aesthetics.

You have to put Superman randomly floating in front of the sun and a lady trying to reach out to a guy 10 meters above her to achieve anything.
It's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>83185814
>not why that shot is there.

to explain how people perceive Superman like I already said.
>>
>>83185871
>to explain how people perceive Superman like I already said.
No no, in the context of the scene.
Why is Superman floating in there?
Why is the lady reaching out to him?

>to explain how people perceive Superman like I already said.
This is not how you do it.

Should I also post that cringeworthy shot of like 20 people trying to touch Superman?
Laughing at Snyder's desperate attempts at composition and tailored-for-trailer shots is really entertaining.
>>
File: deadpool-ver9-11e99.jpg (93 KB, 575x414) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-ver9-11e99.jpg
93 KB, 575x414
On the topic of comic movies, is Deadpool apart of the X-Men cinematic universe?
>>
>>83185850
Yes, and the government allows them to break those laws whenever they want.
Not with the guys saving the planet though.
>>
>>83181073
I disagree vehemently. Quickass died in Age of Ultron, but that movie was dog shit so no one even remembers. I'd rather have something like Civil War where the conflict is well thought out. The final fight was engaging because I genuinely felt sorry for Tony at that point despite agreeing with Cap on the accords. I'd rather have that then some mandatory check list ice boxing to stir up false drama Whedon style.
>>
I like when BvS defenders use Nolanverse to defend it.

It just goes to show that critics and normies can like a superior Batman movie.
>>
>>83185869
You're losing it, buddy. All movies are artificial, so how is one more artificial than another? Prove to me why the cinematography in Rises is better than BvS other than your opinion that BvS's shots were "forced," whatever that means.
>>
File: janitor.jpg (85 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
janitor.jpg
85 KB, 650x650
How come the hotpockets haven't 404'd a blatant company war thread already?
>>
>>83185840

It's self explanatory. Nolan's style doesn't fit The Dark Knight Rises. He doesn't know how to capture choreography at all, the emotional aspects his camera work tries to convey falls short given the convoluted plot and it's holes, the weird acting and the context the script provides. In all honesty, Nolan did the best he could, but camera angles and lens work do not save a movie.

The only thing that kinda saves Nolan's camera work is Zimmer's track, and maybe the actors best efforts, and that's it.

>inb4 you're using a different definition for cinematography that differs from your original point

TDKR is a shit movie.
>>
>>83185915
Maybe, maybe not.
There is literally no character that is present in both movies, and is placed in the current period while the X-Men are currently in the '80s.
We have currently no way to tell if they are in the same universe but most likely yes
>>
>>83185907
>Why is Superman floating in there?

Looking for people all over the place to see if maybe somebody else needs help.

>Why is the lady reaching out to him?
because she is glad that she is not going to die.

>This is not how you do it.

Just because you don't like the scene it doesn't make it bad, anon.

This is the typical shitty complain of ''Its bad because I would have done it in a different way''

>>83185928

Becuase those organisations work with the goverment while Cap is a vigilante that doesn't even have like medics and shit ready to help people when he does his missions.

Also trying to catch terrorists just with THREEEEE people its dumb, specially since one of them is just a human.

Cap is an idiot, of course the goberment is not going to allow him to do whatever he wants
>>
>>83185990
>I like when BvS defenders

Me too, they sound handsome, fit, smart and probably have huge cocks
>>
>>83185674
Comics Civil War was retarded because
(a) Cap agreed there should be oversight, just not in the hands of politicians
(b) It was a blanket registration act
(c) It was also a conscription act because politicians wanted their own armies of supers.
and then it got turned into a clusterfuck because of the 5000 other supers and storylines at play.

MCU Civil War had the exact same bit for Cap.
Cap agreed there should be oversight, just not in the hands of politicians because when the world needs the Avengers to do something instead of a local police or anti-terrorism task force, the danger is at high levels and probably won't wait for a committee to decide. Also that if he sees that somebody needs his help, he's not going to ask permission. Cap is probably the one guy you could count on who would try his absolute hardest to make sure nobody gets (seriously) hurt. And his effort will be better than most of the existing world population's efforts.

The accords were Tony's idea of legal protection like how a NYC cop can magdump into a crowd and get zero punishment or even an IA citation so that Cap can still do what he does and if there's collateral damage, he would be immune from the ramifications. But Cap didn't like the extra stipulations of control over his actions in helping people which is why he didn't sign.

Cap never said he's above the rules. He said the rules and oversight should be done by the enhanced people, not politicians. This is why people are suddenly accusing Cap of being a libertarian nutjob on certain regions of social media and clickbait sites.
>>
>>83185991
>All movies are artificial
For the love of god, this is like teaching a neanderthal to use a smartphone.

> Prove to me why the cinematography in Rises is better than BvS other than your opinion that BvS's shots were "forced," whatever that means.
Give me one shot in TDKR where you can see Nolan went out of his way to achieve it.
Show me a shot where you feel like people are acting unnatural, where things don't make sense, and are only like that to achieve a ''cool'' shot.
You can't.

Why?
He's a good movie director.

Why does Snyder fail?
Because he's a music video director.
He puts visuals before anything else.
That's not how movies work.

>>83186062
>Looking for people all over the place to see if maybe somebody else needs help.
No, he's clearly looking at the lady.

>because she is glad that she is not going to die.
You don't start randomly reaching out to a guy 10 meters above you becaose of that.

>Just because you don't like the scene it doesn't make it bad, anon.
It's not a matter of like it or not.
It's a cheap shot where Snyder went out of his way to achieve it.
The sky is blue, the wind blows, and that shot makes no sense.
>>
File: 1487684684612.png (26 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1487684684612.png
26 KB, 420x420
>>83185995
>he's a janitor
>on the internet
>on an anime imageboard
>he does it for free
>he takes his "job" very seriously
>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he deletes threads he doesn't like because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
>he deletes threads he doesn't like because they interfere with the large backlog of little girl chinese cartoons he still has to watch
>he will never have a real job
>he will never move out of his parent's house
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
>he will never have a girlfriend
>he will never have any friends
>>
>>83186109
>Show me a shot where you feel like people are acting unnatural

>the whole cop riot scene
>all of Batman fighting
>Talia's death
>THE PLANE SCENE

Come on, anon.
>>
>>83186109
>It's a cheap shot where Snyder went out of his way to achieve it.

Talking about grasping at straws.

The scene was great.

Your opinion is shit.

The sky is green in namek.
>>
>>83178924
Well, the accord was stupid and all those Muh Bucky is fucking ass.
>>
>>83186185
>Show me a shot where you feel like people are acting unnatural
Sorry, I should have specified.
Show me a shot where you feel like people are acting unnatural and things are artifically rearranged to achieve a ''cool'' shot.

Although I agree those were awful, but we are talking about cinematography.
>>
>>83186222
>The scene was great.
>Your opinion is shit.

Nothing but great arguments in this thread.
Not that I expected cinematography illiterates to provide any meaningful argument in the first place, but it's amusing.
>>
>>83186269

Sorry but your arguments of ''I hate the scene just because'' are not better.
>>
>>83186185
>the whole cop riot scene
Awful extras, probably because most of them were real cops and not actors.

>all of Batman fighting
The choreography is garbage, yes.

>Talia's death
Awful acting.

>THE PLANE SCENE
Bad, awkward dialogue.

None of that has anything to do with cinematography.
>>
>>83186297
Because they are forced, artificial, and they put visuals before the plot just for the sake of achieving a ''cool'' shot.
Remember when Quicksilver died just for the sake of having someone die in Age of Ultron?
That's the same here.

Snyder went full retard just for the sake of having a ''cool'' shot.
>>
>>83186269
>Nothing but great arguments in this thread.

We gave you arguments, you just decided that your opinion is the only one that is right regardless of said arguments.

What's the point about arguing if you are goint to be an autist about it.

''Why is she reaching at the person that is thre to save her??? Why does Superman looks at the person that he is there to save????''

I bet that 4u this scene is shit too, right?

''Why doesn't he run away??? Why doesn't he focus on cleaning the shit out of his body first??? It's a cheap show where Darabont went out of his way to achieve it!''

If you want to watch a real study on human behavior or some shit, don't watch the movie called Batman V Superman, retard.
>>
>>83186341
>artificial, and they put visuals before the plot just for the sake of achieving a ''cool'' shot.

What are movies? What is a visual medium?
>>
>>83186155
Someone's janitor application was rejected.
>>
>>83186109
>Show me a shot where you feel like people are acting unnatural, where things don't make sense, and are only like that to achieve a ''cool'' shot.
>You can't.

You're right. I can't because I haven't seen it yet. I've seen Begins and Dark Knight though, will those suffice or does only Rises count?
>>
>>83186485
It's not opinion, they are facts.
And yet again, I will ask you to point at those arguments against me.

>If you want to watch a real study on human behavior or some shit
No, we are analyzing cinematography, and i'm explaining to you why that shot is garbage.
And I already did, one after another.

>>83186520
>What are movies? What is a visual medium?
I'm sorry, since when do visuals are independant of the plot?
You said it yourself, it's a movie.
The visuals need to be in cohesion with the plot.
Snyder constantly puts visuals before the plot.

I still remember bursting out laughing when watching MoS when, for absolutely no fucking reason, Superman starts drowning in a planet made of skulls.
It was the dumbest thing I had seen in a good while.
>>
>>83186575
Go ahead.
Show me a shot from Batman Begins or TDK where everything is pushed out of it's way and everything is forced just to achieve a cool shot.
>>
>>83178924
>>83179525
first post nails it again

What do you want OP? People still talk about MoS because most people don't like it so you get a minority defending it. When most people liked Civil War, you just get lists of anons' favorite parts.

Your metric for what a good capeshit movie is, being discussed still, seems to have been created after the fact. It's not telling that no one is talking about Civil War. No one was talking about Civil War and you want it to be a bad movie, so you've created that connection that not having 5 daily threads means it's a bad movie.

But you just made a thread about it anyway, so there you go.
>>
Age of Ultron was dissapointing to me.
Batman vs Superman was disappointing.
Civil War was good but honestly I expected something different.

It seems I'm getting more hyped for the lesser known stuff. Guardians of the Galaxy was great, Ant-Man was really fun and Deadpool was funny and refreshing.

I'm hyped for X-Men: Apocalypse but if this trend is any indication, it wont be as good as I make it up to me. I need to lower my expectations.
>>
>>83186611
>It's not opinion, they are facts.

And into the trash it goes, nice trolling.
>>
File: 1431183465471.gif (2 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1431183465471.gif
2 MB, 371x209
>>83184200
>It would be like as if you made a 3 hour long Batman vs Superman movie but spend only 10 minutes doing a half-assed fight and it turns out the fight gets cancelled because there was a third-party villian that joined the fray and they teamed up to fight the new villian instead.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.