[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>brings back Wally >brings back JSA >Ray and Ryan team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: geoffjohnsrings[1].jpg (25 KB, 300x325) Image search: [Google]
geoffjohnsrings[1].jpg
25 KB, 300x325
>brings back Wally
>brings back JSA
>Ray and Ryan team up
>Ted and Jamie team up
>Legion shit coming back
Have you thank Based Cereal God today /co/?
>>
>Ray and Ryan team up
>Ted and Jamie team up

Okay, I gotta ask, does it bother anyone else that these characters are still called Ted and Ryan and have none of the pre-Flashpoint history? I mean, Wally gets to have his old history. It's like every character I cared about got One More Day'd into having none of their backstory anymore. So why should I care about these new versions that I no longer have any history with?

Am I being unreasonable?
>>
>>83170993
>Am I being unreasonable?
a little, yeah
>>
>>83170993
erm, did you even read rebirth?
>>
>>83170993
The whole point is that they do have their history and they will try to get it back.
The NOT MUH army fucking won. Fucking cunts.
>>
File: the new 52.jpg (35 KB, 696x423) Image search: [Google]
the new 52.jpg
35 KB, 696x423
>>83171406
>The NOT MUH army fucking won. Fucking cunts.
Haha cry some more.
>>
>>83170849
>brings back JSA
really, to what extent?
is sandman back?
>>
>>83170849
>Cereal God
I've heard him be called Cereal King, Cereal Lord and Cereal Knight. This guy keeps moving around in Rank.
>>
>>83171395

I did. It was kind of hard not to, it was storytimed like 8 times here on /co/. But Blue Beetle is now someone who is basically Jaime's sidekick. Ryan Choi isn't the same one who dated Giganta or had any adventures. These are new people with new experiences and the Rebirth special didn't have them regain the memories or anything. I mean the special hinted that Ollie and Black Canary would at least remember something, maybe.

I guess we'll just wait and see.
>>
>>83171486
Johnny Thunder fucked up during the McCarthy era and now he has to find the JSA again except he doesn't know where the Thunderbolt is
>>
>>83171457
>implying Pre FP continuity wasn't a pile of convuluted shit with only 3 or 4 books tops worth half an ass
I'm crying because my sides just exploded, you actually wanted that back.
>>
>>83170849
He was the one who brought Barry back as well. Fuck him.
>>
Does anybody remember back when the comics blogs were all reporting that there was some sort of DC schism between Didio and Johns, and Didio represented the titles that tried turning things on their heads and doing new crazy shit, whereas Johns represented the kind of meat-and-potatoes "DC Classic" stuff?

Because, it seems to me that DCYou was Didio's DC, and when that failed in improve sales, they did Rebirth, which looks like Johns' DC.

I dunno, I'm kind of in the middle. I actually liked DCYou a lot better than the Nu52 (I mean, same continuity, but fresher, more creator-driven stuff), and I liked a lot of the risks they took, like Prez, Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, Percy on Green Arrow. And of course, before DCYou, the Batman titles were kind of the "testing ground" for that, which gave us Gotham Academy and Arkham Manor, the latter of which is an underrated gem.

But I also like the Classic angle. Sometimes stories with familiar characters doing what they do best are really good, and you don't need gimmicks and whatnot like "guess what, this hero is IN SPACE now" or whatever. Like, we have Wally back and that's good.

To be honest, I think I like both Johns' and Didio's DC. The shit I didn't like was probably Lee's DC or something.
>>
>>83171406
But why build the character relationships again from zero if they can just remember everything again? That would be easier. I don't think they're regaining their previous history.
>>
>>83170849
More like evening the score. He helped bring about their destruction and now he's cleaning up his mistake.

...Or he destroyed them so that he could remake them in his own IMAGE?!

OH MY GOD! WE GOT EMERALD TWILIGHTED! HE"S GONE FULL PARALLAX!
>>
>>83172012
He brought Wally back more times than he brought Barry back

>>83172336
>To be honest, I think I like both Johns' and Didio's DC. The shit I didn't like was probably Lee's DC or something.

yeah same
>>
>>83171534
Ascension is a big deal for the Cereal Deity.
>>
>>83170849
yes actually
>>
He's not that good of a writer, so not really
>>
>>83170849
Thank you, Cereal Lord!
Now please, please, return your attention to Green Lantern again and save us from Venditti. We have done nothing to deserve what we are being put through. ;_;
>>
Alright, I gotta know.

Why Cereal?
>>
>>83176220
https://storify.com/robbercat/geoff-johns-cereal-adventure
>>
>>83170849

I haven't enjoyed anything he's written since Sinestro Corps War.
>>
>>83170849
Based Johns actually showed up to a midnight opening at a comic shop with a bunch of pizzas and signed people's copies.
>>
>>83176604
Rogues' revenge was pretty damn good too.
>>
>>83170849
It's a start.

But it's just as sloppy as Flashpoint and the nu52. Instead of Bart being aged up into The Flash, The Flash has been deaged back into Kid Flash. Dr. Manhattan is now a "villain", they choose to keep milking one of Moore's classics for hype dollars. Johns's performance on Justice League hasn't really inspired any confidence either.

There's also the problem of not having enough currently staffed good writers to correctly handle the restored characters. Who the fuck is gonna write a good Legion of Super-Heroes book? Johns is too busy. Waid? Oops.

It's nice to have Wally and the JSA back. It's awesome to see Ryan and Jaime, but DC's problems are systemic. Johns can't write everything.
>>
thanks for the garbage Justice League issues Johns.

They really made love DC.
>>
>rape watchmen even more than Before Watchmen did

bravo Johns
>>
>>83176683
Why would he sign pizzas?
>>
>>83171486
>is sandman back?
His Mystery Theatre run is starting to get reprinted, so maybe.
>>
>>83171534
>Being upset about the Democratically Elected Alderman of Cereal
>>
>>83177113
How does this Rape the Watchmen, again?
>>
>>83177633
By making it interesting and relevant again. Now I can't pretend it's the Infinite Jest of comics and explain to woman at length how it's not "just a comic" and is actually an important piece of literature.
>>
>>83177143
Because he's a madman.
>>
>>83175841
Johns rubberstamped every Rebirth book to make sure it kept the tone he was going for, this includes the Lanterns.
>>
>>83176229
hey, the guys has talent, he made a story out of fucking cereal boxes pics
>>
>>83170849
Isn't it his fault that Barry was brought back?
>>
>>83179546
That was Ethan Van Sciver, he just wrote it.
>>
>>83170849
Thank you for adding more dirt to the grave of DC so it'll eventually be so dead they'll be forced to drastically overhaul the company or just put it out of its misery.
>>
>>83170993
I was a little perturbed but I think Ryan remembered pre-flashpoint and that's why he's trying to see Ray. Additionally, Ray's back in his Pre-Flashpoint costume as well.
>>
>>83177069
The problems I've always have seen with DC characters is that writers aren't familiarized enough with the characters to write good stories about them.

They all want to write Batman.
>>
>>83179728
The point of all of this if you read the issue closely is that the old history is fighting to come back, even though it's not consciously. Events are repeating and relationships are being formed again. Aquaman marrying Mera, Superman dying, Green Arrow meeting Black Canary, etc.
>>
>>83172390
This is kinda messy. Imagine if they remember their previous history. Would a younger Ryan Choi remember being killed by Deathstroke? Would Ray remember Jean dying?
>>
>>83176229
>He was not impressed by I got the milk anyway

Every time.
>>
>>83170849

I still want Captain Marvel back.
>>
File: 1439862343821.png (134 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1439862343821.png
134 KB, 396x381
>Still nothing on booster and beetle
>>
>>83170849
Why should I thank him?
No one of that cheap pandering touches me.

On the other hand I got that told that I am the problem for liking comics they published before
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.