[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it /co/. If the new 52 is just post crisis with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 300x462
I don't get it /co/. If the new 52 is just post crisis with 10 years stolen from these characters. Then what the fuck is up with post crisis superman and new 52 superman? Shouldn't new 52 superman just be post crisis superman 10 years younger? Why does post crisis superman still exist?
>>
File: DC's continuity progress.gif (935 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
DC's continuity progress.gif
935 KB, 500x361
>it's a DC fucks up continuity even further episode
>>
>>83152288
Because he escaped from time right before the Flashpoint so the universe had to replace him
>>
>>83152288
I forgot what issue but its explained he and Lois escaped the event that caused Nu52.
So just like Wally the universe tried to replace him.
They chose whoever nu52.
Which brings the question of who the fuck he was.
Because the universe chose the black Wally most likely due to having the same name and family connection to Barry.

So why was this Superman chosen?
>>
>>83152288
That's not it at all.

New 52 Universe is the same as the Post-Crisis Universe. The caveat is that Flashpoint changed the timeline irreparably.

So while technically it is the post-crisis universe, it's not. It's the same timeline corrupted.

One last thing though: There are a couple of mysteries. Mainly who is the New 52 Superman and was he aware that he wasn't actually Superman.
>>
>>83153025
Then explain Convergence.
>>
>>83153136

Brainiac still stole the dying timelines. Since Superman and Lois were missing, a new 'Superman' and Lois were created when the timeline started back up at the end of Flashpoint. Think of it as a single line with a break in the middle. The break is Flashpoint, and everything would have gone back to more or less normal if Manhattan and Brainiac hadn't interfered.
>>
>>83153025
>wasn't actually Superman

Don't overstep with this. It's not confirmed.

I mean if it turns out he's Kal-L that kind of makes him double Superman in a way (sent to another world and grew up there while considering it home on both the alien and multiversal level).
>>
>>83153025
The actual question is why did DC think this was a good narative decision when the point of New52 was to reset everything to make it easier for new readers. A handful of reference like they used to do that doesnt require knowing pre52 to understand the plot was fine but this is moronic.
>>
This is all so fucking stupid.
>>
>>83153353
I disagree. I'm a marvel fag that stopped reading when I got sick of the SJW propaganda. Other than that, I knew nothing about DC (never even wiki'd it) other than New 52--which turned me off as a reader who was looking to switch to their company. When I heard about Rebirth, I immediately jumped on the opportunity. I had questions, sure, but then I had help from YouTube, Wikipedia, and other sources. Now I'm pretty caught up.

Also, watching animated series was able to get me even more immersed in it.

I had no idea it was so easy to get into another comics company after missing years of reading it. My other normie friends are interested in it because of how I'm leaping on it.
>>
>>83152288
New52 Superman is becoming Prime in the new universe right?
>>
>>83153359
Yep. By retconning the reboot, (I never thought I would say that) almost ever DC hero has has their stories become incredibly convoluted.
A ton of character now have to include flashpoint, the n52, and rebith into their back stories since they were drastically changed for a significant amount of time and explaining a charter's history to a new reader is next to impossible when you need to also include cosmic level events.

In short, they found a way to make the back story of just about ever street level character about a 3rd as complex and confusing as Hawkman's.
>>
>>83152288
Well in Rebirth Mr. Oz or Ozymandias or whoever tells Pre-FP Superman that he's not what he believes he is either.

THE PLOT THICKENS
>>
File: the secret history of dc comics.png (799 KB, 546x761) Image search: [Google]
the secret history of dc comics.png
799 KB, 546x761
>>83152381
>>
It'll all get sorted out in the post-Rebirth Zero Hour level event anyway.

Funny how all of a sudden all the legacy characters just happened to show up on New- 52 Earth though.
>>
>>83153136
A lazy idea that killed DC's 2015 publishing momentum
>>
When did new 52 superman die?
>>
>>83157781
Today in Superman #52.
>>
>>83152381
>it's a salty Mouseketeer proved he can't read episode
>>
>>83153685
It's really not that hard, but I guess Disneyfriends are used to not actually paying attention to continuity since recons just happen randomly in Marvel.
>>
>>83153654

I'm more of a Marvel guy, and I think the whole nature/status of the DC universe is a ridiculously convoluted mess that makes no sense at all (not even 'comic book sense').
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.