[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Octopus Pie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: the end of octopus pie.png (460 KB, 574x800) Image search: [Google]
the end of octopus pie.png
460 KB, 574x800
Octopus Pie is coming to an end folks!

how does this make you feel? Is "crying bees" an emotion?
>>
>>83143198
good riddance
>>
>how does that make you feel
Like SOL Webcomics are a huge waste of time and talent.
>>
I read the whole thing last year and I have no idea what it's about.
>>
>>83143198
>DUDE COLLEGE LMAO
>>
It makes sense. It has been around for awhile, the artist has moved onto different things, and it seems that the way stories are progressing that they're all reaching an end.
>>
>>83143285

...Marick was the only one in college.
>>
I'm actually really interested to see what she does next. While I don't follow Octopus Pie closely, I appreciate the creator's ability to make good looking comics, so if it's something with an interesting subject I could see liking it a lot.
>>
File: 2016-05-23.png (759 KB, 600x1817) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-23.png
759 KB, 600x1817
>comfy end of the road

>>83143429

She's been doing a few professional adventure time comics with octopus pie on the side for a while now.

Honestly I'm a huge fan of black & white comics so I was super apprehensive when she said she was going to start doing the comic in colour, but her colouring is truly amazing.
>>
>>83143578
Someone else is coloring for her.
>>
>>83143198
Wait, when was this screencap taken? I've had Volume 4 on my shelf for two weeks.
>>
>>83143198
The format's really gone through a lot of changes in the past two years. There isn't really the tight story arc format that was present in the earlier strips. Like, when exactly did the arc that began with the spa day end? The last clear cut ending that I can think of was the arc when Hanna started running.

It's also become kind of difficult to keep track of, thematically. Rather than backloading the character's epiphanies and revelations at the end of the chapter it seems like there aren't any conversations that pass without a character voicing some serious revelation. Maybe this kind of extreme personal fluidity is accurate to modern young urbanites but I feel like the only characters I can keep track of anymore are the ones who have been shuffled to the sidelines and don't receive enough attention to get thrown around by every whim of the writing.
>>
>>83143198
Oh shit. I should pick that up. But naw, I ain't sad. I feel like it's been on the road to ending ever since Hannah and Marek broke up. 10 years is a good run.
>>83143265
Life, man.
>>
Beyond the Longbox will be returning with an interview with Meredith soon.
>>
>>83143198
I have the first volume which is in black and white. What volume does she switch to color full time?
>>
>>83146206
I think part of that confusion comes from reading the strip stretched out over a period of years.
I have a hunch things would flow better if they were read in one go.
>>
>>83143578

"Truly amazing?" I'm not knocking it or anything, but those are extremely basic flat colors with no shading to speak of, and a couple gradients applied here and there. Nothing is really amazing about this, it looks like the work of your average amateur webcomic artist.
>>
>>83143198
And nothing of value was lost.....besides the MC and her noice asian big tiddies.

I hope that at the end, she grows up from her manchildish behaviour and finds Happyness., somehow
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.