[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was /co/'s opinion on Egoraptor pre-Game Grumps? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 24
File: egorap.jpg (69 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
egorap.jpg
69 KB, 900x900
What was /co/'s opinion on Egoraptor pre-Game Grumps? I re-watched some of his Awesome Series and some of them still make me smile. Girlchan will forever be his masterpiece.
>>
Arin, if you want attention you can just ask.

You don't need to keep up these elaborate charades.
>>
File: 2016-02-08-lord-dominatorxx.jpg (312 KB, 1200x743) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-08-lord-dominatorxx.jpg
312 KB, 1200x743
>this thread again
>>
>My cartoons weren't funny, they were just first!
>>
He's always sucked.
>>
I remember when the last girlchan episode came out and it was like an event on /co/. People were turning every single scene into gifs

Then he got youtube rich and we had to use the forbidden time machine to go back in time and unmake all the laughter.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsKi5ZvB64U
Awesome is dead, StarBomb is the future.
>>
What are some /co/ recommended flash animators?
>>
His "awesome" material has aged horribly. It's just your typical Newgrounds dick jokes or tired game gags like "mario is high cuz mushrooms waka waka". You can't like his old garbage and still rail against https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfU7pw76ZE
It's the exact same thing.

Girlchan is alright.
>>
Funny enough. His animations are a neat thing to watch when you're bored, and sequelitis is interesting enough to listen to while you're doing something. I kind of wish he had a podcast to do sequelitis out of. I'd listen to it.

I like Arin. I'm glad he's successful, but I worry he's not that happy. He wasn't my favorite grump, but that doesn't mean he can't be funny or wasn't funny.
>>
>>83142364
The difference is that Awesome was done by one guy just for fun while Starbomb is done through a production pipeline with an actual crew, budget, and with tracks sold as full albums. The "behind the scenes" is what makes one thing charming and the other thing disappointing.

It's like how early Homestar is nothing to write home about, but it was super admirable for what it was. But if you told me a team of 20 artists worked on Homestar, I'd tell you it's shit for that crew size.
>>
>>83142363
>/co/ recommended flash animators
Why /co/ recommended? Wouldn't you rather watch flash animations that are actually good?
>>
Sequalities jumped the shark with that last episode. It was basically a video going into great detail about how inept and impatient he is when it comes to games with cinematic qualities. He's said multiple times on game grumps that he doesn't believe immersion is real. That's why he always plays a girl. Not just because he's a closeted tranny but because he cannot relate to the player character or get immersed in story.
>>
>>83142364
I don't hate Awesome, I'm just sad that Arin seems to have forgotten his roots. He's like Lazzo who wants to forget all about Space Ghost, but that's where it started, you know?

It gives me the impression he wants to forget Awesome ever existed and just wants to pay people to do all the work for him while he reaps in the benefits. I don't even know if he draws now aside from a couple of doodles. He just went from artist to businessman REALLY hard, so it was disappointing to see that transition, along with all the shit controversy of Game Gumps breaking up and that reality TV show shit.
>>
>>83142168
Pretty much. They were considered funny until people did the exact same thing better. Ego never improved comedically. He's still doing humor for 13 year olds at almost 30.

I give him credit for finding a new way to make money once animation got BTFO by YouTube's system but all that did was expose him for the hack he really is. A guy who was ahead of the curb animation wise and as a result got away with 13 year old humor. We all grew out of it and he's still doing the same schick for 13 year olds today and they're eating it up the same way we did.
>>
>>83142501
>but because he cannot relate to the player character or get immersed in story.
I'm not a giant black man in the zombie apocalypse, but the thought of Clem eating human flesh and I had to rush downstairs to warn them actually made me say, "Oh shit" out loud while playing (Walking Dead).

It's the easiest thing in the world for me to get immersed in any non-platformer game. Even in fucking Little Inferno, the side story with your neighbor was engaging. I wanted to know what the fuck was going on upstairs, was I able to help, Jesus Christ, what was that noise?

Is Arin unable to play things like Papers Please?
>>
>>83142363
Vim :^)
>>
>>83142592
>A guy who was ahead of the curb animation wise and as a result got away with 13 year old humor. We all grew out of it and he's still doing the same schick for 13 year olds today and they're eating it up the same way we did.

In a way that's almost impressive. I guess we'll see if he's able to adapt again if/when that Let's Play well dries up.
>>
>>83142592
What's wrong with going after the same audience? Craig McCracken has made three children's shows in the past 20 years. Same thing with Butch Hartman. Seth MacFarlane also goes after the same audience his entire life. Isn't it best to appeal to the demographic that likes you rather than reaching out to new people?

Every time a Pixar director tries to do live-action, the film ends up bombing (TomorrowLand, John Carter).
>>
I wonder if turning Game Grumps into this prototypical Let's Play channel with multiple shows and celebrity guest appearances was a calculated move or did it just kind of happen? The channel has been streamlined hard.
>>
>>83142363
I would say david firth but i think he pretty much just uses after effects and photoshop now

maybe harry partridge but he probably uses toon boom or something now
>>
File: kys.png (44 KB, 486x197) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
44 KB, 486x197
>tfw he isn't Egoraptor anymore
>tfw he goes by 'Arin from Game Grumps' now
>>
>>83142098
I've seen all of his animations and have seen just about every episode of Game Grumps, I'd like to see him animate again someday, but that's not going to happen, Arin is more focused on his voice acting career more then anything right now.
>>
>>83142821
>Arin is more focused on his voice acting career more then anything right now.
Is he actually trying for one? If, at this point in his life, with the name he has, he is unable to get a role outside of some background character in Rick & Morty or a one time appearance on Bee & Puppycat, I don't think he's ever going to make it.
>>
File: 1464116907100.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464116907100.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>83142815
He has a brand now, and he's going to advertise that brand.
>>
>>83142347
I fucking hate starbomb

Who told Arin that he can rap?
>>
>>83142881
Yeah he can only really get small roles, like roles with one line
>>
File: ZyuohWhy.png (385 KB, 427x495) Image search: [Google]
ZyuohWhy.png
385 KB, 427x495
>"Game Grumps isn't a Let's Play channel"
>"It's 'Improv Comedy'"
>>
>>83142923
Presumably the same person who told him he could beatbox.
>>
>>83142923
>Who told Arin that he can rap?

Ego ruined that song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scOWoUruKCY

I wish Stamper would make more song. He's genuinely good.
>>
>>83142098
The fucking comments section of all of their vids pisses me off in GG. Its literally all attention seeking teens trying to get thumbs ups by repeating old shit.
>>
>>83142501

As much as I'm not a fan of nuGrump Arin, I actually feel him out on that one. It's an individual thing, but every element of a story past a certain point becomes mechanical to me. The writer want the audience to feel X here, because Y is crying, or this well-written wall of text is basically saying "go to Balmora and talk to that weird guy with no shirt on". I'm honestly a little miffed I can't get into games like Earthbound, or Undertale, or the Telltale series of games because I feel so far removed from the emotions the writers want me to feel.

Arin's case is that he prided himself as somebody who got the mechanical element of a story. Everything past the meat and potatoes of gameplay is just riffing material to him, so I can get why he stuck to Bloodborne for so long.
>>
>>83142683
it's impressive definitely. He always finds a way to adapt...like a parasite
>>
>>83143193
That's how youtube has always been actually, and I'd wager that every other site with an upvote system is like that too.
>>
>>83143574
Any social media site with user names is like this. Every xXGokuNaruto56xX thinks his contrarian opinions are hot shit and he's some notorious pseudo celebrity. This is why I'm here with you faggots.
>>
>>83142815
it was a nickname he got when he was a teen, hes almost 30 now.
Also, you know he has acknowledged that tweet on game grumps, right?
>>
I respected his opinion on Ocarina of Time before I realized he literally just sucks at it
>>
Sonic Adventure
>>
File: 1422110119321.jpg (131 KB, 1055x959) Image search: [Google]
1422110119321.jpg
131 KB, 1055x959
>>83143888
>tfw actually think there's a ton of potential in how Zelda changed when it made the jump to 3D
>his video glanced at these talking points
>then moved the fuck on and talked about WAITING Z-TARGETING TAKES YOU OUT OF THE GAME MAN SKYWARD SWORD SUCKS JESUS CHRIST I HAVE NO SPACIAL AWARENESS
>>
>>83143888
>wrote a song called the simple plot of metal gear joking about how complicated the plot is
>doesn't even fucking get past MGS1

you literally have to be retarded to not understand the plot of MGS1

why do people listen to his opinions on video games?
>>
>>83142702
Because McCracken changes his humor style to fit the times, and McFarlane's style changes from show to show.

Meanwhile, Arin hasn't evolved in a comedic sense. He's been making the same jokes, and been using the same style of animation (animation, not artstyle) for 13 years.

Eventually, an artist needs to realize he needs to evolve with the times to stay relevant. And Arin hasn't realized it yet.
>>
>>83144312
Even his fans have pretty much realized he's retarded at this point. And yet he legitimately thinks he's right and knowledgeable in game design despite also being aware he sucks at video games
>>
>>83142139
Hi Pan
>>
>>83142364
awesomegaiden still holds up
>>
He was never funny, he can't even animate. And now he's a let's player like all those other retards.
>>
>>83142702
>What is Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
>>
>>83143888
I've learned to just ignore any opinion he has on 3D games because he clearly doesn't know how to play them.
I honestly still watch and enjoy Game Grumps but Arin is the weakest link.
>>
>>83142542
Why would he do something that he no longer enjoys? He gives animators jobs now by paying them for Game Grumps animated shorts and Starbomb music videos. He also said that he declines on voice acting roles because there's people out there who need those jobs more than he does.
>>
>>83143036
>Arin still thinks of himself as an animator
>Danny still thinks of himself as a musician
>Both hate when they referred to as "content creators" or "let's players"
>>
>>83142914
I just hate how he sells it like they're your friends and the Grumps are all a big family when in reality it is just a business. The truth slips through once in a while, in subtle ways.
>>
>>83143102

Stamper is really good and Marc M is a treasure.
>>
File: 1409451758238.gif (601 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1409451758238.gif
601 KB, 400x300
THAT WAS JUST THE TUTORIAL LEVEL
>>
>>83143888
I agreed completely with his mega man x and castlevania episodes, and it actually taught me a few things about game design I hadn't thought of before.

Then he started saying the DUMBEST SHIT.
>>
>>83145531
At least Danny still makes Music
>>
File: 1347996980727.jpg (42 KB, 267x321) Image search: [Google]
1347996980727.jpg
42 KB, 267x321
>>83144312
>you literally have to be retarded to not understand the plot of MGS1
the joke was that, compared to Mario or old videogames, MGS was a complex story with lots of drama. That was the entire joke of the song. Your complains aren't wrong or anything, but it's pretty stupid to dismiss the point of the song.
>>
I just don't get why everybody expects Arin to still animate when virtually every other animator has also given up.
YouTube is no longer a valid platform for animation and nothing else has come along to replace it. Why would anybody ever give up their lucrative job of playing video games to persue something with no reward? It's not even an option now that Game Grumps is responsible for other people's income. It'd be a dick move for him to end it now.
>>
>>83146413
Neither did newgrounds, they did it for the fun of it. It just sucks to see people stop doing it cause they can't make money on what for most of the was just a fun hobby or way to tell jokes.
>>
>>83145190
A fluke
>>
>>83142702
Convieniently forgetting ghost protocol i see
>>
>>83143231
I suggest trying Tales from the borderlands because it mostly avoids the emotional manipulation and just tells a fun and funny story. Only teltale game i really liked.
>>
>>83148025
They're adults now. Gotta pay taxes and eat and shit.
>>
>>83149477
>>83145190
It had the Mission Impossible brand name, I wasn't sure if it was fair to include something already popular as an achievement by Brad Bird.
>>
>>83142592
Back when his animations were popular, he pretty much had to make animation that had quick cuts, were easy to animate, and relied on immediate comedy through wacky antics because he couldn't really find the time to do extensive animation. This fit with the short attention span of newgrounds audiences at the time and still does with the youtube crowd. problem is that it simply does not sell anymore thanks to youtube.

He isn't like Dan or Jon, who thrived on the extended format. He worked best in short bursts and when he's put in a scenario where he has to hold up a show for over 5 minutes, he falls apart.

Now everyone copies off of him.
>>
>>83149541
As someone who fucking loves Handsome Jack, fuck you, that game was a rollercoaster for me. That death scene is still heart breaking.
>>
Before he was an icon from the old days of video game parodies and online animations. Prehaps the most famous of those from NG.

What he did with Game Grumps was humanise himself. Egoraptor was a icon who had a long list of popular animations that had been quoted endlessly. Arin Hansen is a High School drop out who repeatedly embarrasses himself through his poor arguments and opinions and terrible video game skills.

He sold his legacy and cashed in.
>>
>>83145531
>Arin still thinks of himself as an animator
no he doesn't, he's openly stated that he no longer works on animation
which is almost worse, in a way
>>
>>83150295
Pretty much this, Anyone who wants lasting popularity needs to keep themselves at arms length from their fans. As we got to klnow Arin, we realised he wasnt as cool or smart as we thought he wouldve been
>>
>>83142923
His legion of Yes Men.

Sorry, I mean the cast of Game grumps after Jon left.
>>
>>83142501
Sequelitus could have been his saving grace had he not fucked up with Zelda. I remember /v/ supporting Arin the most during the months he was doing Sequelitus for Megaman and Castlevania. It felt like a return to form for the guy, and made Arin seem like he was in his element. But he lost that spark when he tried comparing 2D to 3D.

OoT had a lot of problems, sure, but it wasn't nearly as bad as he tried making it out to be. Plus him being shown to REALLY suck at the game kinda refutes his point. It'd be like him saying how shit Megaman X is when he couldn't even get past Chill Penguin or something.
>>
>>83143834
Yeah, like a child. He was salty as fuck about people calling him out on being a hypocrite
>>
>>83142763
>was a calculated move
I don't think he's that intelligent
>>
File: 1451706533506.jpg (84 KB, 510x587) Image search: [Google]
1451706533506.jpg
84 KB, 510x587
>>83145893
THAT'S
THE NEXT LEVEL
OVER THERE
>>
>>83146112
He says it like a bad thing though. Like NO GAME is allowed to be more complex than Pac Man.

Like, fuck variety am I right?
>>
>>83142815
>a known comedian known for his random comedy
>let's take this random comment from a site dedicated to pithy remarks and comments to support our asspained grievances with him

The average 4chan poster
>>
>>83145546

>subtle

Arin constantly states he does not give a shit about Dan on multiple occasions and then always ends with "it's just a joke, bro. :^)"
>>
>>83143062

God that fucking beatboxing. It's so fucking annoying that he feels the need to do that shit in all of his videos to kill time. That Spongebob video made me so fucking mad. I never get upset at internet people no matter how annoying and cringe but Arin somehow makes me want to scream though the monitor with small hopes he can hear me.
>>
>>83142501

>That's why he always plays a girl. Not just because he's a closeted tranny but because he cannot relate to the player character or get immersed in story

That's what a closeted tranny would say. And this petty explanation was "lol, if I'm gonna play badly, I want to stare at a girls ass instead of a man's." I wonder if he's aware of how ingenuine he sounds when he said that.
>>
>>83145217

>I've learned to just ignore any opinion he has on 3D games because he clearly doesn't know how to play them

He doesn't have any good opinions on 2D games either.
>>
>>83148025
They were teenagers living with their parents then.
>>
File: 1460481116322.jpg (96 KB, 368x333) Image search: [Google]
1460481116322.jpg
96 KB, 368x333
To be honest, i still really enjoy game grumps, even though they complete lack of skill in vidya and no changes in comedy whatsoever
Theres something special in their videos, like, that little cozy feel, idunno
But the only good things that came out of starbomb is some of the fan music videos, Ninja Sex Party is much better
Arin is fine and nuGG is still a nice way to spent 30 minutes
>>
>>83145546
I hate it too.
I wish this shit had just stayed as "two guys sit on a couch and play vidya" instead of including everyone and their mother, their ayy lmao wives and the kitchen sink and becoming a business.
>>
>>83142098
Ren and stimpy humor isn't funny
>>
>>83142098
He's a good artist but I've never found his sense of humor that funny.
>>
>>83146413
lol he was never an animator. he did retarded parodies. and saying that other animators gave up is also wrong, they simply got real jobs instead of hanging around youtube when it didn't pay anymore.
>>
OFFICIAL GAME GRUMPS TIER LIST

GOD TIER
Ninja Sex Party
Jontron without Arin

SHIT TIER
everything else
>>
>>83142923
Eugh not even that he can't rap but its always, always DICK and SEX jokes.

And on an entirely minor note....why the fuck would Ken be the one getting abused in the Street fighter raps. It should be the other way round.
>>
I have not watched GG in a long while and I was surprised how many people are in it now. Kinda feels like Brady Bunch or Scooby Doo, where they just added characters to renew interest. Except this time it worked it seems.
>>
>>83154930
I wished Danny and Jon were doing the show together instead of Arin.
>>
>>83152422
Haven't watched/liked GG since jon left but I still watch this series every once in a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxbm052_TXE
>>
>>83143102
Stamper sounds a little like Eminem.
>>
>>83142364
You know, I actually like that, but I like it for the performances of everyone who isn't Arin.
>>
Girl-chan is the only shit he's done worth watching, and even that is mediocre at best. And on Game Grumps, Arin's always the more insufferable Grump regardless of who his co-host is.
>>
>>83155055
That this isn't a thing is proof of how unfair the universe is. People should stop arguing over whether Jon or Danny is better and just agree that Arin's the one that's complete shit.
>>
>>83150295
Wait, he actually dropped out of a high school?
>>
>>83158111
In like 10th or 11th grade, he didn't go to college either.

Arin has a very pretentious, and snobby ego, when he couldn't even make it to senior year of high school, and his humor hasn't made it past 8th grade.

Even old GG, half of Arin's jokes are poop jokes. It's almost uncomfortable how immature he can be.
>>
>>83158361
>dropped out of high school
>admits to going to a class called "mystery class"
>they literally just watch mystery shows all day
This is the man who acts like a smug faggot on every episode lecturing people on things that don't matter. I also hate when they shit on musicians while thinking their autotuned crap is any better. Fuck that fat tranny and stringy little jew
>>
Game Grumps Partnership Rankings

Masters of the Universe Tier:
Solo Jon, Hypothetically Jon and Dan, Dan and Brian

Comfy Bro Tier:
Ross and Barry, Ross and Dan, Jon and Arin

Excusable Tier:
Arin and Dan

Fucking Stop Tier:
Everything else

Kill Yourself Tier:
Suzy and Anyone
>>
File: 1460671504563.gif (379 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1460671504563.gif
379 KB, 500x275
>>83152422
i hate ninja sex party now.
i liked when danny and brian made those shitty edited videos, now every fucking gamegrump makes an appearance and i hate to see egoraptor and ross sticking their noses.
>>
>>83142442

MAKING

OUT

WITH

MARZIPAN
>>
File: Korra_looking_smug.png (123 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Korra_looking_smug.png
123 KB, 333x250
>>83158708
He shits on everyone/everything else because of his ego. Hilariously ironic, or possibly even intentional.

Sometimes a subject will come up, like smoking weed for instance, and Arin will show his true colors, acting superior and dismissing even the thought of ever smoking weed in his life. Coming from the guy who doesn't have a high school diploma, that's fucking gold.
>>
File: 1462042765119.png (177 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
1462042765119.png
177 KB, 708x520
Pre-GG, he had some potential if he worked, but wasn't really putting in the hours to hone his talent. Had he given time to let his style/jokes mature, he might being doing a R.Sugar or Pendelton thing and be running a show for CW or Adult Swim right now. As it stands, he abandoned his talent to ride the YT moneytrain into the irrelevance pit, where he will languish forevermore. The dick jokes were and now always will be intrinsic to his style, which is why on a person's 15th birthday, they are automatically stripped of the ability to like his content from any era.

NSP is bad, Arin stop making this thread, Jon left for a reason, Code Lyoko, Quality_Time.avi is a metaphor for my career.
>>
>>83159249
>acting superior and dismissing even the thought of ever smoking weed in his life
Damn, that is retarded.
>>
File: 1458934972463.jpg (29 KB, 254x257) Image search: [Google]
1458934972463.jpg
29 KB, 254x257
>>83159492
Well, neither ross, rice pirate, oney, psychopebbles, zeurel, etc, etc has made a show on any channel.
Why is that? i mean, yeah, he giving up animation sucks because he was good at that (humor not so much) but he met rob schneider, steve o and other famous people.
I hate gamegrumps but he is doing pretty darn fine if you ask me.
>>
>>83150432

Only reason why people liked Megaman and Castlevania sequelitis was because it was incredibly basic shit that's hard to fuck up like "simon's quest is shit". Once he got into deeper shit like Zelda's transition from 2d to 3d he showed he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.
>>
>>83159675
I would not count meeting either of them as a plus.
>>
>>83159675
>Steve-O
>Schneider

I would pay the amount of money Arin has made from GG in total if it meant I would never meet either of them in real life.
>>
>>83159788
Why not?
Still, animators on jewtube havent made into the television bussiness.
Im pretty sure that shit is a mafia, i dont get how alex hirsch made it (or even justin fucking roiland)
>>
>>83159788
>>83159860
>/v/ suddenly hates Rob Schneider
What happened?
>>
>>83159955
check what board you're on there pard.
>>
>>83142155
Her torso is a penis
>>
>>83159994
anon was being sarcastic you mongoloid.
>>
>>83159118
IIRC, the randos in their old videos were friends of theirs as well, it's just that we recognize the grumps when we see them. Even otherwise, if Danny already works with them (and presumably enjoys it enough) it's a lot simpler to just have them as extras, plus considering how much NSP and TWRP collab, he seems to enjoy consistently working with the same groups.
>>
File: 1453025472758.gif (2 MB, 484x272) Image search: [Google]
1453025472758.gif
2 MB, 484x272
>>83159675

>but he met rob schneider, steve o

Oh man, i'm real jealous. What a lucky guy.
>>
>>83160132
Well yeah, i like danny and if he's having fun i guess i shouldn't be mad with NSP.
I hate their new songs tho.
>>
>>83151119
which part of the spongebob episode exactly? because that whole fucking series pissed me off.
>>
>>83150309
He's helping Ross on a series the last time I checked, so he still does some stuff.
>>
>>83160232
>Skips all the dialogue
>Ignores the tutorials
>Calls the game boring and stupid
Arin...
>>
File: no glove no love.png (115 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
no glove no love.png
115 KB, 320x240
>>83160232

I have to feel bad for the fans.

>a decent platforming game that's great for Spongebob fans
>played by a guy who seems to have avoided watching Spongebob and a guy who might have seen an episode while high

It's almost inevitable that they're not going to love it, but it still reeks of Glover 2.0.
>>
>>83159494
that specific subject came up multiple times with both Dan and Jon (I used to watch a lot of GG). But there are a number of different topics that Arin would go full snob on as well.

After Jon left GG stopped focusing so much on the game itself, and focusing more on random shit that they would just try to talk/joke about, which sometimes would feel really forced. With this, you got to see Arin's over inflated ego a lot more frequently.
>>
>>83142098
Back then I found his animations entertaining, of course that was when I was in my teen years. I grew out of that sense of humor but he still hasn't. Then when he started doing Game Grumps I was cautiously optimistic, but after watching so many videos of him and Johntron bumblefucking their way through video games I just stopped caring about him. That Naughty Bear video was the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>83159675
oney is doing gaming stuff right now though.
>>
>>83160490
gaming stuff like a videogame? or the same shit arin is doing?
>>
>>83160513
he does let's plays with some of the sleepy cabin gang. it's pretty funny, better than GG.
>>
I never watched Game Grumps, is any of it worth watching? I need a time waster.
>>
>>83160548
still, why the fuck are they doing lets plays? fucking talented but lazy hacks.
>>
>>83160419
at least glover was funny. there is literally nothing good about this spongebob shit.
>>
>>83160589
You shut your whore mouth
>>
>>83160585
because animators from the late 00's are doing anything nowadays for cash.

Corey does porn commissions to pay his fucking rent for christ's sake.

He's done pony porn, the poor bastard.
>>
>>83160653
im thinking on starting animations on jewtube but... seing those guys like that now....
>>
>>83160581
jon and arin episodes are literally perfect, and there's tons of them. don't expect a finale to any of it though. and nugrumps is okay too, especially ross and barry eps
>>
>>83160691
you really missed the boat on that one anon.

Just be a drawfag for /co/, and make animations for fun. Youtube is hopeless.
>>
>>83158111
Public school educations aren't worth much, anyway, so I can't hold this against him. But then he has to be such an intolerable smug jackass, on top of that.
>>
>>83160723

Any standout playthroughs?
>>
>>83160581

Watch this one anon >>83155072
>>
>>83160772
dang, and i was thinking on buying a microphone and shit like that.
Guess i will do it for fun and not to be famous.
>>
>>83160723
>ross and barry

Don't listen to this guy. His taste is literal cancer.
>>
>>83160585
IIRC Adult Swim offered to make a Hellbenders series but Oney turned them down since the contract required giving up creative control of the series entirely and he wouldn't have that.

Probably a stupid idea but I respect his morals at least.
>>
File: 4431528812635.png (165 KB, 467x338) Image search: [Google]
4431528812635.png
165 KB, 467x338
>>83142821
>his voice acting career
>>
>>83142098
Anyone notice how they really turned down the Ross hate on GG?

I heard on /co/ like a year ago that Ross started to feel genuinely disrespected, and Danny felt like he was being a huge dick. Arin, I guess, felt the need to feel superior. I mean they made a meme over bashing their own friend/colleague. It always seemed like a bit more than just friendly banter to me.
>>
>>83160939
well, if you want to make a series on tv you have to give up that stuff, every guy with a series has done that, why wouldnt they?
>>
>>83153223
As long as Danny is there, it's okay.

Unless Arin's annoying as shit wife is; there's no saving that.
>>
>>83150432
Even with the shit he talks about in the Mega Man Sequelitis, while all of it is good stuff to say, you then go see him play a game on GG he's never played before and you see him go completely against all the shit he said in that video. He has no patience for new shit and ignores anything that has the game trying to show him the mechanics while he chimps out.
>>
>>83160863
You can always be famous on 4chan, friend.

honestly though, if you make shit and you think it's good, by all means, put it up on youtube. Just be aware of how time consuming it is, and at a certain age, time really is money.
>>
>>83161010
I want to know more about this shit. It totally fits Arin's MO, though.
>>
>>83161084
how can i be famous on 4chan?
i guess i've never thought of 4chin as a rocket.
>>
>>83161138
It makes sense.

Arin seems like the type of dude who's always shoving his opinion in people's faces, feeling the need to feel better than people, even going as far as shitting on people he considers his friends. He's that one guy who's insecure about his own issues so he shits on someone who's weak to feel better (we all know someone like that).

There was a thread that Ross was getting upset with all the hate he was getting, which isn't surprising, they're profiting off of marketing a meme bashing him. Danny and Barry felt it was going too far (being actually good friends), and apparently Arin was the real instigator of it.
>>
File: 14641973206321.png (157 KB, 1898x347) Image search: [Google]
14641973206321.png
157 KB, 1898x347
>>83142098
He was that guy who made neat little flash animations all or almost all based around the dissonance between reality logic and videogame logic.

Now he is a fat retarded gay casual.
Dick touching homo, cuckstine who craps his own pants and screams at games for views like every other e-celeb twat.
>>
>>83161084
This. Free time is the most valuable commodity for adult men, and you'll be so physically and mentally fatigued from your 9 hours of work every day that you'll lack the energy to do anything but post on a Haitian Solitaire board.

The Circle of Life
>>
>>83142702
>Every time a Pixar director tries to do live-action, the film ends up bombing (TomorrowLand, John Carter).
John Carter died because the marketing division was forbidden to use "of Mars" in the title.

You know why this happened? Because when Mars Needs Moms turned into a flaming wreck, the suits decided the name of the planet was the problem, not the fuck-awful animation and terrible story.
>>
>>83161189
By being a drawfag of course.
>>
>>83161010

If you hate Arin, how would you notice any of this? If you actively avoid the material he's producing, where exactly do you guys pilfer these seemingly personal pieces of other people's lives based on that "one thing you thought you heard from somewhere kind of maybe."
>>
>>83161714
im already am.
can i be a drawfag on /v/ instead of /co/?
>>
>>83161189
If you can draw cute shit and put it on /co/ generals people will like you, you could even make a tumblr or build a reputation as a tripfag, maybe do some lewd commissions.

Even if you start out badly (I've seen some really shitty drawfags in /sug/), people are really supportive and helpful. It's really common for people to be supportive of a productive activity, especially art.
>>
>>83161189
4chan is a cultural hub, which is why so many sites just constantly rip content from here
It's why so many people emigrate to this site

Tons of people got their start here, it's actually great because unlike other places, if your stuff is really well liked, people will constantly start threads about you
And because the thread life of 4chan is so much shorter than other sites, you continuously get new exposure
>>
>>83161763
I used to watch game grumps quite frequently. I don't really anymore. Last time I did I noticed they turned down the playful hate thrown at Ross.

I don't even hate Arin, I just think he's an immature manchild, like most of us, but worse.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
>caring about this man's opinions
>>
>>83161767
try /vg/ instead
it's a more easy going /v/ and you'll have more time to fulfill requests
>>
>>83160585

Because that's how you make money now? YouTube changed its shit more times than I can count for how one monetizes their content. You can't just make 2 minute animations anymore and expect to live off that, it's based off video length and that'll probably change at some point too.
>>
>>83161774
>>83161714
>>83161790
>>83161842

i was a drawfag in /gfg/ and some /v/ drawthreads but i always thought that 4chan wasnt the site for that. guess i was wrong.
thanks anons, i will start drawing for you guys then.
>>
>>83161923
It's about the best website for that imho, because of how honest people are with you.
>>
>>83161883
yeah you'll notice hotdiggedydemon's animations have a lot of awkward pause paddings in them now for this reason
>>
>>83159494

He really doesn't, but be damned if that anon will actually show you where he went "full snob."
>>
>>83161832
you know, looking at the hambeast Suzy has turned herself into, by comparison her old self looks pretty fuggable
>>
>>83161990

Precisely. His animal crossing one was at least 8 minutes or roughly that.
>>
>>83161990
him and piemations are the only youtube animators that i can think of who seem to make frequent and successful content nowadays. i have no idea how harry partridge is making a living for himself.
>>
>>83162344
You know how they do it? They literally make animations off of fandoms.

Within the last 5 years Hotdiggedydemon has made animations about Undetale, FNAF, and MLP.

His channel blew up after he started the .mov series, which is when I started to lose interest in him. He kind of sold out, in a sense.
>>
>>83145546
See do you have any examples? I've never known if this is just /co/ and /v/ fanning the flames or it's legitimate, but I've always assumed the former.
>>
>>83142098
>Pre-Game Grumps
>"Here's some funny flash movies about video games. Also check out my shonen deconstruction series thing."
>Post-Game Grumps
>"Hey guys im playing this game, but fuck that game. The REAL point to this channel is to share random stories unrelated to anything."

His Sonic Adventure playthrough was painful.
>>
>>83162344
Harry got a real job and his humbleness won't let him open up a Patreon or Kickstarter. He's one of the few Internet animators I can think of that hasn't turned into a massive sell-out yet. This is both a good and a bad thing because, in one hand, he still produces top notch animations that most of the time are a one-man project; in the other hand, it takes him literal years to shit out new content because he just won't give in to crowd-funding
>>
File: 1.png (191 KB, 482x317) Image search: [Google]
1.png
191 KB, 482x317
>It's an e-celeb thread on /co/ episode
>>
>>83159492
I fucking hate the autistic retards at /pol/ and /v/ to make me think of goobergoy every time I see two 'G's.
>>
>>83142098
Oh look the monthly egoraptor thread
I swear 4chan only constantly talks about him because they see themselves in him. He struck gold and he can do whatever he wants. I stopped watching his videos as well but damn how far are you guys gonna ride his junk,his videos were never amazing to begin with.
>>
>>83142772
Why does that matter? Animation's animation.
>>
>>83142363
Felix Colgrave is good, but his output's slowed down recently.
>>
>>83167726
>ride his junk
Almost every post in this thread has been shitting on him.
>>
>>83160803
I guarantee you public education is a hell of a lot better than no education.
>>
>>83163139
>making a patreon or a kickstarter to get paid for your art is selling out

i want off this ride unless i misinterpreted
>>
A lot of the analysis of Arin's "ego" is pretty funny considering by all accounts he's incredibly chill and humble in person. I met Arin and Jon at a convention back when it was still them, and they were both super cool.
>>
>>83170902

It's just autists on the internet trying to psychoanalyze some guy based on let's plays he's done.
>>
>>83142363
Felix Colgrave, Joe Gran, Daniele Kogan, Moshbit cartoons, Nero Geist, Verna-C

All people who still post on Newgrounds semi-often. Not too hard to find good stuff on there these days.
>>
>>83152422
This. For the most part.
>>
>>83142815
Jon made the right call.
>>
>>83143102
I actually don't mind him here funnily enough, but yes Stamper is God-tier. Apparently he's doing a "follow-up of sorts" to this.
>>
>>83160804
Sonic '06, GoofTroop, Castlevania, Banjo Kazooie, etc
>>
>>83173983
>>83160804
Emerald, Mario Party (2 and 4 especially) and Drakken, which is only one episode but it's essential viewing.
>>
File: disappointed robot man.png (418 KB, 404x479) Image search: [Google]
disappointed robot man.png
418 KB, 404x479
>>83155072

>it's been 4 years since Game Grumps began
>>
>>83160323
This happens every time, every game
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 164x175) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 164x175
https://twitter.com/stevekuzj/status/735686847246962688
>>
>>83142410
He addressed people thinking he was depressed on a q&a on Reddit and said it was the reverse and he's actually the happiest he's ever been
>>
>>83174323
...good for him? Obviously he shouldn't animate if he's not happy with it but it'll always be a shame. Or maybe he just really needs those LP bucks for Japan trips.
>>
>>83142098
He was always a fucking moron and never funny, at least back then he had passion
>>
>>83142669
that's a text editor
>>
>>83142098
>arin always wanted to be a voice actor moreso than an animator
>people still act like hes a quitter for not animating lol randum game parody humor anymore

kind of retarded when you think about it. glad he doesn't anymore.
>>
I heard he wants to be a little girl.
>>
>>83161189
you don't have to be somebody here for someone to post your shit. So long as you're decent, and are generous with requests people post your shit in related threads.

Let me give you an example. The single most viewed thing I have created is a pony comic with a little over thirteen thousand views, favorited two-hundred times. I have seen that comic only posted ONCE on some website. Now, take the stuff I drew for October, and I occasionally see my stuff posted from the booru on related threads. This is actually a rather small community of content creators, for /co/ that is, and that makes it easy to get exposure as a drawfag.

The gratitude and critique of anons is also always nice, better than the shit I get from deviantart.
>>
>>83170527
you misinterpreted, Harry has no patreon because he's humble like that, and if he did make one it wouldn't be selling out, it just means animating on youtube doesn't make a living wage.

I don't want to see what selling out would look like.
>>
>people defending nuGG
>at all

/co/ really does have shit taste
>>
>>83174078
DRAKKEN

FOR THE SUPER GAME BOY
>>
File: Wait what.png (327 KB, 489x751) Image search: [Google]
Wait what.png
327 KB, 489x751
>>83174227
>Jontron's old gamegrumps promo mentions KTLA5
Meme magic is real.
>>
>>83142501
The effects of autism right before our eyes
>>
>>83142098
I was the biggest fanboy pre-grumps.
Understandably with grumps he can't be funny all the time and actually isn't the best at improv but I think some of the brilliance from his cartoons slips through.
>>
>>83160481
That Naughty Bear episode was unwatchable, even the usual dickriders don't defend it.
>>
>>83173865
Definitely. He hated Let's Playing and doesn't just force it.
>>
>>83145531
It's because most "content creators" are too untalented to do anything but vlog or LP.
I'd resent it too.
>>
>>83145531
Dan does still know how to make music though.
>>
I still don't know what the fuck happened between Jon and Arin. Does anyone know?
>>
>>83178568
Jon wanted to do his own show, so he left.
No bad feels.
>>
>>83142098
I loved his stuff when I was younger, I love his Let's Playing channel.

He is dumb as a rock though and his opinions on games is somewhat shit.
He really sucks at videogames, which I consider fun.

It's all my opinion though.
>>
>>83178568
Jizzed on Suzy's face and dipped
>>
>>83178568
Jon got into an argument with Suzy and slapped her
>>
>>83174183
I remember that I used to look forward to Game Grumps every day. When Jon left, I still followed them and Danny had interesting stories once in a while, but then it grew too stale/Arin being a cuck in general, now I honestly haven't paid attention to GG in almost 2 years.

My favorite Danny/Arin episode will always be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LfKbCR0MI
>>
>>83160939
>Hellbenders series

This bothers the fuck out of me how they're banking so much on Hellbenders. It literally has no concept, no premise, no theme, nothing. It's just a few minutes of crazy shit and Zach screaming. Remember back in the day when internet animators would create a world and characters, and do a whole series? Now it's just 3 minutes of memes every fucking time
>>
>>83163101
>Sonic Adventure playthrough was painful.

Holy fucking shit, this. Both GG and Best Friends Play did an LP of SA at nearly the same time, and both of them absolutely failed to use tikal's red light ball to tell them where to go. It is fucking infuriating watching someone get lost in SA.
>>
>>83178805
That's the story they tried rolling with but I call BS on it. There was some obvious bad blood between them up until the StarWars reunion video, but whatever it was, we'll probably never know. Apparently it was so bad Erin made EVERYONE involved to sign a NDA disclosure contract to keep any one from singing like a bird.
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.