[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at least we can all agree the third one's the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
File: hur durr.jpg (61 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
hur durr.jpg
61 KB, 640x478
>at least we can all agree the third one's the worst

Did they already know their own movie was going to flop?
>>
>>83115640
>hur durr
Actually, anon, I believe it was "Hold the Door."
>>
>>83115640
>flop
>not even out
>>
>>83115689

Are you not aware of the ratings and reviews?
>>
>>83115689
WTF? It's out. What 3rd world shithole do you live in?
>>
>>83115640
it wasn't that bad
>>
File: korndolences.png (364 KB, 474x499) Image search: [Google]
korndolences.png
364 KB, 474x499
>>83115868
>I bet he's Americuck.

Jesus, I'm so sorry... that's the worst kind of shithole.
>>
>>83115640
Don't get how she looks attractive here yet as soon as she put on the suit she looked ugly as fuck.

Must be those bong genes.
>>
>this movie
>all that Mystique circle jerking

Who's willing to bet Jlaw was on the casting couch a couple of times?
>>
>>83116019
>Bong Genes
Bongs have the same genes as most of us, shitbird
>>
>>83115640
It was a shot at X-men 3
>>
>>83115689
The early indications from the major overseas markets are that it's going to do *very* badly.

It has a positive spin on it right now because early on, it sounds like they're making a lot of money. But the overseas so far is probably a quarter of their final total, if the way the previous movies performed is any indication.

It is a flop, as far as anybody can reasonably predict.
>>
>>83116038
with the gay director?

m8 she's a-list and they need to put her front and center

nobody actually likes the X-Men
>>
File: 1463859256504.webm (3 MB, 624x272) Image search: [Google]
1463859256504.webm
3 MB, 624x272
>>83115640
>OH MY GOD TON- I MEAN JEAN PLEASE HELP
>>
>>83115689
what is Europe?
>>
>>83115640
why does sansa change attractiveness level so often?

half the time she's top tier waifu and the other half she's typical brit potatoface
>>
>>83116406
I think she's ugly all the time.

I like the other GoT girl better, she at least looks like fun.
>>
>>83116337
>All is revealed.
Eh?
>>
>>83116620
Apocalypse never knew about Jean's latent powers. The fact that he was trying to recruit mutants he deemed as worthy of being his Four Horsemen meant that he'd have preferred someone like her. The line basically implied that he was pleasantly surprised to find such a powerful mutant that could even match up to him.
>>
>>83116453
>I like the other GoT girl better, she at least looks like fun.

Loras isn't a girl, fag.
>>
>>83116280
>The early indications from the major overseas markets are that it's going to do *very* badly.
What are you talking about? It has 4 days out and its n1 in 71 out of the 75 countries released. Already did 100m and its not even released in America and China.

I know that you want the rights back, but lying wont get you them.
>>
>>83116280
>The early indications from the major overseas markets are that it's going to do *very* badly.
>It has a positive spin on it right now because early on
>>
I liked the movie, it was pretty much like Days of Future Past in pacing. Why do you all hate it?
>>
>>83115676
>>>/tv/
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 561x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 561x692
>>83115676
>>
>>83115640
I thought it was just Singer shitting on Last Stand.

>>83120086
I really don't get the hate for this. It's just Days of Future Past but slightly worse and more cluttered. Did critics magically forget how conceptually convoluted and cluttered DOFP was and suddenly hate this for being the same?
>>
>not out in the only country that matters
>flop

Top fucking kek what? Are you Europoor's really this delusional?
>>
>>83116337
The CGI in both BVS and Civil War was iffy but there's something about this that just looks bad. Maybe it's just the quality of the rip
>>
>>83120560
Villain in DoFP is better
>>
>>83115640
Flop means box office

at least put critical in front before you toss out the bait
>>
>>83116337
JEEEAAAN

also, magnet link?
>>
>>83116337
>Let it go
>Let it go
>>
>>83115640
>Did they already know their own movie was going to flop?

I imagine they felt safe because they were technically the sixth movie.

>>83116019

Makeup & styling are a huge part of movie magic.
>>
>>83116319
>with the gay director?

She was brought on board when Matthew Vaughn was director and wasn't yet A-list.
>>
>>83122351
Vaughn was too busy fucking January Jones. You know, the hot chick who played Emma and couldn't act for shit.
>>
File: 1458225789884.jpg (38 KB, 401x603) Image search: [Google]
1458225789884.jpg
38 KB, 401x603
It's Karma karma karma karma chameleon.
>>
>>83115703
After viewing for myself, I'm more convinced than ever that the Disney pays off critics theory is true. It's actually pretty good.
>>
>>83118496
A pun on his handle in the comics.
"Apokalypsis" is literally Greek for "revelation". He says that twice. The first time he wants it to be taken as "revealing himself as all-powerful to the world", the second time (in the video), is basically what >>83116620 said.
>>
File: 1463948052656.jpg (99 KB, 503x740) Image search: [Google]
1463948052656.jpg
99 KB, 503x740
>>83120086
Except it really wasn't. Days of Future Past had more spread out action, humour and two timelines of shit going on.
Apocalype had a lot of characters just being there for the sake of it (which ended in them just standing around), a ton of unneeded exposition, an assload of plotholes (ie. How the hell is Havoc not in his 40's? to name one), the villain looked liked he was from Power Rangers RPM and Sophie Turner sounded like she had the flu the entire movie.

Sure it had it's good parts Wolvie and Quicksilver had cool power displays, but it was nothing we haven't seen before. The beginning with Magneto in Poland was great. Psylocke's ass was one of the rare non abrasive visuals of the movie (amongst that sea of cgi)

But I wouldn't want to sit through that ever again.
>>
>>83116337
Cyclops takes off his glasses and all he gets is that dinky little beam? The fuck? When do I get the mountain-crushing forest-clearing Cyclops?
>>
>>83116354

Irrelevant
>>
>>83131262
NEVER EVER

In all seriousness, unless Singer and Kinberg change, things are just gonna move to the Jean Grey and the X-men show. Cyclops will be cemented as Xavier's and Jean's lapdog.
>>
100% Legit.

You will not and I repeat not from the information given in the movie have any idea what exactly Apocalypse can do and why he does it.

I'm completely serious even if you have knowledge of the comics, for the film itself it doesn't make it clear about his powers at all.
>>
>>83131812
Just like muh comics.

Honestly, it's no different than Scarlet Witch and Vision's powers being not clear in the MCU either.
>>
>>83132198
I know, but those things annoyed me about AoU and CW as well.
>>
>>83120086
because disney is afraid of competition, even if they are not threatened. Deadpool made HUGE money out of nowhere, they don't want Apocalypse to repeat the success
>>
Wasn't McAvoy really uncomfortable around Singer? I remember him saying he was in an interview.
>>
>>83120896
Villain in DOFP barely has any screentime
>>
>watched this literally for Psylocke
>just stands around 80% of her screentime
>10% talking
>and 10% fighting

Can also say the same for Storm tbqhfam
>>
>>83115640

This "hurr RT score is low so it's automatically shit and a box office bomb" shitposting is really starting to become tedious.
>>
>>83131262
>Cyclops takes off his glasses and all he gets is that dinky little beam? The fuck

Because he's literally had his powers only for like a week at that point. He hasn't absorbed enough radiation or whatever the fuck it was that powers his punch dimension beams. Meanwhile Jean's powers have slowly becoming more and more powerful, freaking out the entire school because they manifest themselves even when she's asleep and rocking the entire building.
>>
>>83122351
Vaughn brought her in when she was a literally who.
>>
>>83132683
>literally who
>coming off Winter's Bone and a best actress nom
Everyone hyped that movie up over the Oscar period nigga
>>
>muh Rotten Tomatoes
Why are some people so obsessed with an aggregate system and the statistics derived thereof? Why not form and state your own opinions, then discuss them rationally with other posters?
>>
>>83132676
wolverine origins cyclops was bout the same age. when sabertooth took off his glasses he basically destroyed the building.
>>
>>83132198
Scarlet Witch hasn't had consistent powers for 60 years though. At this point is a character trait.
>>
>>83131812
>You will not and I repeat not from the information given in the movie have any idea what exactly Apocalypse can do and why he does it.

He's worshiped as a God, only to be betrayed by his own subjects and after a failed assassination attempt he's put to sleep for thousands of years. Once he wakes up, he's pissed when he realizes how long he's been gone and seeing how humans have conquered the land and build a society without him. He wants to reconquer everything as well as teach humans a lesson to not fuck with him by decimating the world and rebuild it in his own image, with mutants at the top again, under his rule. You'd have to be retarded not to get Apocalypse's motivation. He's a fanatic lunatic who robs mutants of their powers by stealing their bodies, so that he can rule everything forever. Xavier's body was the last thing he needed because with telepathy he'd literally rule everything with his mind, and Oscar Iisac body's healing factor meant he wouldn't have to worry about aging for a good long while, if at all.
>>
>>83132749
He was also in a different timeline. And played by a different actor. And written by the ass that let "Merc without a mouth" happen.
>>
>>83132749
>using Wolverine: Origins as part of your argument

C'mon now, son.
>>
>>83115640
>ugly goblin bodied red head as Jean
Fucking mad m8. These teen meme actors should never have been cast.
>>
>>83132676
>Because he's literally had his powers only for like a week at that point
Not how that works bruv. If anything, with his mutation, that's an argument against you.
>>
File: Madelyne_Pryor_(Earth-616).jpg (388 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
Madelyne_Pryor_(Earth-616).jpg
388 KB, 500x706
>>83133198
>ugly goblin bodied red head as Jean
That's because she's actually Goblin Queen
>>
>>83133326
Maybe if we got a decent looking real Jean and Maddie was accidentally deformed in creation, so as to explain the difference.
>>
>>83115640
>>at least we can all agree the third one's the worst
HA i was thinking the same thing as soon as they said it on screen. I mean, apocalypse is th third since the reboot. and curious thing because x-men 3 is shit, and is way better than this.
>>
>>83133260

How so? Silver Age Cyclops was nowhere as power as the current day Cyclops. Apocalypse Scott could still cut an entire tree down with minimal effort but that doesn't mean he's able to suddenly put out so much force that it can disintegrate Apocalypse for a long period of time, let alone on his own.
>>
>>83115689
ok... it didnt flop, is flopping. enjoy the tragedy of the moment.
>>
>>83116019
i wouldn't stick my dick on that even if my dick was on fire and she was dripping wet. i just can't stand her
>>
>>83133480
>is flopping

That hundred million opening week end where it was #1 movie in 95% of the countries it opened sure is clear sign of flopping.
>>
>>83115640
I wanna cum on her big wide forehead.
>>
>>83116038
she almost ended the world... but she saved it by not doing what everyone was telling her not to do. YEY? our hero?
>>
>>83132836
The same could be said of Apocalypse and his inconsistent powerset as well.

They nailed the character pretty well but the thing is, there's not much to Apocalypse. He's shit. He works much better as a plot device than as a actual fleshed out individual.
>>
>>83133548
cw 200M same time... you tell me
>>
>>83133603
>The same could be said of Apocalypse and his inconsistent powerset as well.
And Elsa too. and that is disney for you all, dumbing things for already dumb kids. That is their personal touch. no need to make sense, no need to explain any more, "there you go kids a cool song or a cool cgi scene to calm you down"
>>
>>83133657

I wasn't aware the definition of flopping now exclusively means not outdoing a Marvel Studios movie.
>>
Haven't seen Apocalypse yet but...
> DOFP > First Class = X2 > The Wolverine > X-Men >>> X3 >>>>>>> Origins
>>
>>83120560
>Did critics magically forget how conceptually convoluted and cluttered DOFP
No it was not in anyway. DOFP was fucking superb.
Simple mother fucker can't understand time travel. Pathetic.
>>
>>83115640
Of course it is. They casted lurch in a wig as jean
>>
>>83131728
Better than mystique and the muties show
>>
>>83132854
So what are his powers?
>>
>>83132732
I don't want to watch something that's probably going to be shit.
>>
>>83134729
A whole bunch of different ones that he stole from various people over the centuries
Of those we have seen I'd say he has
>Earth-bending
>Teleportation
>Shield
>Healing factor
>Shielding against telepathy
>Ability to increase the powers of nearby mutants

This are the ones I can remember, but there are probably others
>>
>>83134815
okay, sheeple
>>
>>83116064
This
What the hell are you on about OP? This is the fucking 6th X Men main series movie

Also, I watched the non English version of it online because it's like 80% in English...a couple scenes I didn't understand but let's be honest, capeshit isn't hard to figure out

>Oh...I see Magneto is mad here, prob cause they just killed his family
Yeah, wasn't an issue

The movie wasn't bad for capeshit standards but it also wasn't impressive, definitely not as charming as First Class or DOFP but it was far from being "horrible"
>>
>>83133198
>>ugly goblin bodied red head as Jean
Yep. kudos
>>
>>83137001
It was the 3rd movie in this continuity.
>>
>>83134982
So like, that scene where he was learning through radio waves or whatever the fuck he was doing while molesting that TV.

Where did he get that power, and the poor bloke who's body got harvested just to get that shitty power that shouldn't or could exist 8000 years ago.
>>
>>83115676
Okay, that was actually pretty funny.
>>
It's not a bad movie. It's just not as good as DoFP or Civil War which it was released close to. It's just a straight forward superhero brawl. It's got plenty for X Men movie and comic fans. It just feels like there's something missing. It's one of those movies that doesn't feel like it has even properly begun until the final scene..
>>
Apocalypse was a disappointment. The 90s cartoon Apocalypse was more threatening. His motives weren't explained. It just seemed like he wanted to destroy the world and rule it because that's what supervillians do, his philosophy about survival of the fittest was barely there, he wasn't shown mind controlling the horsemen at all and you wondered why they followed him (except maybe Magneto thanks to Fassbender). It was just very rushed.
>>
I expect but no such luck
>>
>>83133797
>le origins is bad meme
Show me a movie with a better opening scene

https://vimeo.com/61697751
>>
>>83138968
>His motives weren't explained.
what part of "humans will die, mutants will rule the world you don't understand", you dumbfuck?

> his philosophy about survival of the fittest was barely there
are you shitting me?
>>
>>83138031
It was the first movie in this continuity, as DOFP retconned everything
>>
>>83115676
L M F A O F A M
M
F
A
O
F
A
M
>>
>>83115689
>not watching it online
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.