[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geoff Johns Justice League Run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 640x1011) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 640x1011
>what is Captain Cold's big JL caper score was?
>Why did Lex's sister betray him?
>And why did she work for Darkseid?
>Where did Aquaman go during Darkseid War?
>Why did the Doom Patrol as the JL's rivals go nowhere?
>Superman and Wonder Woman's break up was suppose to be catastrophic and huge, why was it nothing?
>it looked like Cyborg and Billy were gonna fuse at the beginning of Darkseid War, what up with that?
>why did Darkseid keep jobbing so much?
>why create a shitty character like Grail?
>what was point of Trinity of Sin, Pandora, and the seven deadly sins and why were they so pointless?
>What was the point of the Amazo virus arc?
>Why was David Graves such a lame villain?
>Why is this run so disappointing?
Will all of these questions and plotholes be answered in Johns's final issue?
>>
No and that's ok. It was a bad run, just move on.
>>
>BASED CEREAL LORD!
/co/
>>
>>83115601
no, Johns got interrupted by television and movies and they desperately need a guiding hand.

>no Shazam! ongoing ever
>>
>>83115601
It's wierd John never got a companion book for this run like he did Green Lantern.
>>
>>83115601
>>it looked like Cyborg and Billy were gonna fuse at the beginning of Darkseid War, what up with that?

Seeing this not being followed is hilarious, Johns just throws shit into the wall and sees what he can remember later
>>
>>83115601
So is this the shittiest Justice League run? In 50 issues it feels like nothing significant has happened in the slightest.
>>
>>83115601
>>Why did Lex's sister betray him?
>>And why did she work for Darkseid?
>>Where did Aquaman go during Darkseid War?
These might be answered
>>
>>83115940
Still better than Robinson's. Nothing was as bad as Gay for Justice.
>>
File: JLA_1.jpg (61 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
JLA_1.jpg
61 KB, 400x614
just reread this instead
>>
>>83115872
Wasn't that JLA for awhile?
>>
>>83115783
since he didn't with his colored shazam corps I hope they just go back to the classic marvel family
>>
>>83115940
God no.

Robinson's was worse, Mcduffie's was only slightly better, Meltzer was worse, Vado was worse, Jones was worse
>>
Johns's decompression sickness was just getting worse and worse.
>>
>>83115991
Shit artwork
>>
wondeer if scan bro will act again tonight

i really want to read JL and rebirth
>>
>>83115601

Don't forget the new Ted Kord, the Batman/Wonder Woman connection, and the Doom Patrol OP.
>>
>>83116147
>Meltzer was worse

This is the only one I'd disagree on
>>
>>83116147
>>83116147
So, we know McDuffie's run was sabotaged by DC and that's why it was bad, or at least part of the reason why it was bad. Is it possible that not allof the blame lies on Johns?
>>
>>83116183
>not liking 90's aestethic
>not liking the story

Tom. C'mon.
>>
>>83116209
almost no point, digital rips will be up in 9 hours
>>
>>83115601
What was in Batman's anti-Batman box that he gave Superman?
>>
>>83116223
I'm willing to blame DC for Origin and Villain's Journey, but Darkseid War is all on him.
>>
>>83115991
This
>>
>>83115993
Yeah, but it was only until the Trinity War then Johns jumped from the book.

JLA was just a lot of wasted potential as a book.
>>
>>83115601

>why create a shitty character like Grail?

So Diana can take her to reformation island at the end and help her become a good character

If only
>>
>>83116216
It's hard to compare, since Meltzer's run was much shorted, but it's really bad anon
>>
>>83116274
A picture of L'il Brudda. No one can resist crying when they see L'il Brudda. Not even Batman.
>>
>>83116214
>the Batman/Wonder Woman connection
Goddamn it, you're right. What the fuck was up with that?
>>
>>83115601
what is Captain Cold's big JL caper score was?
>Why did Lex's sister betray him?
>And why did she work for Darkseid?
>Where did Aquaman go during Darkseid War?
>it looked like Cyborg and Billy were gonna fuse at the beginning of Darkseid War, what up with that?
I'm pretty ure these will be adressed between this and issue #51.

why did Darkseid keep jobbing so much?

New 52 Darkseid is the most powerful he's ever been, excluding the full multiversal morrisonian version.
>>
>>83116531

Darkseid jobbed in his first New52 appearance, it set a precedent.
>>
>>83116147
What I'm seeing here is that Justice League has had a long line of shitty runs post Kelly's stint.
>>
>>83121908
And a long line of shitty runs between Giffen/DeMatties and Morrison.
>>
>>83115601
Pandora had en ending already in her Future's End one shot. Continuity-wise it doesn't fit anymore due to her death, but it explains everything about her and was an ending for her brief series.
>>
File: Detroit league.jpg (50 KB, 389x371) Image search: [Google]
Detroit league.jpg
50 KB, 389x371
>>83115940

You're thinking of the Detroit Justice League.
>>
>>83126296
Detroit Justice League was part of Gerry Conway's eight year run, so it can't be the worst.
>>
>>83126134
How many different names can we give Baltimore?
>>
>>83115601
>Will all of these questions and plotholes be answered in Johns's final issue?
No, Johns can't write for shit.
>>
Darkseid War was terrible, more so because it had promise, but all these great characters were basically wasted, sacrificed so Johns can let wonder woman narrate and force Grail upon us.

At first I was pissed cause Orion wasn't in this story, now I see him just cruisin' around space laughing cause he avoided this trainwreck.
>>
>>83121908
>What I'm seeing here is that Justice League has had a long line of shitty runs post Kelly's stint.

Yeah, even though people are shitting over Johns's run they'd be lying if they said it wasn't one of the better tenures *since* Kelly left.
>>
>>83126650
It's really close between it and McDuffie for best post-Kelly run.
>>
>>83126296
Fuck you, I liked Detroit League.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.