[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this imprint be dead by the end of the year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: vertigo-comics-155601.jpg (44 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
vertigo-comics-155601.jpg
44 KB, 620x300
Will this imprint be dead by the end of the year?
>>
>>83100550
Probably. They got no backbone anymore, do they?

And by that I mean their usual, sales + critical success long series.
>>
>>83100550
They have one more release for the second half of 2016, Frostbite (miniseries from Josh Williamson).
>>
>>83100550
They're restructuring shit and all their new exclusives are apparently DC/Vertigo.
Williamson said his new mini is because of his contract, so I'm guessing that new writers have to have a vertigo book at some point or something
So it's probably gonna keep limping along and basically be the creator owned books for their talent who can't support an Image book
>>
It died when Karen Berger left

Daily reminder her last move at Vertigo was a blind hire of Tom King
>>
sheriff of babylon is supposed to continue for some time
it's just a platform for their new exclusives to do not cape stuff now
>>
>>83103254
pretty much like Icon
>>
>>83103304
isn't icon even more dead
what does it even have now besides powers and that new mark millar thing
>>
>>83103360
Scarlet.

Icon nowadays is basically home to Bendis' creator-owned stuff. Millar returned to Icon only because Stuart Immonen is Marvel exclusive.
>>
>>83103360
That's where Vertigo could be headed.

There just doesn't seem to be any plans of having a long running series. Inserting the Hellblazer and other characters back into the DCU was a mistake.
>>
>>83103254
Shelly Bond was doing her damn hardest to bring back Vertigo. Shame she got booted from it.
>>
>>83103399
atleast they've got young animal now
>>
>>83103411
The official reason given is restructuring shit but maybe some higher-up got disappointed at the lower sales of Vertigo's titles since Berger left.
>>
>>83103422
Is YA an imprint or something lesser? I'm wondering why they just didn't announce a Vertigo Rebirth style thing with the YA books as a spearhead.
>>
>>83103399
>Inserting the Hellblazer and other characters back into the DCU was a mistake.
Weren't they always?
>>
>>83103453
Technically yes, but not to the extent they've been since Brightest Day.
>>
>>83103449
it's an imprint but everything in it still exists within the dc universe
it's just experimental and weird stuff that's alloverseen by gerard way
>>
>>83103399
There were plans for long running series.

The problem is there aren't any sales to back it up so they get cancelled.
They had to change a 12 issue mini to a 6 issue mini and changed an ongoing to a 6 issue mini since they both sold like shit.
Simone and King's books are probably the only ones with any protection against cancellation right now.
>>
>>83103617
The latest Vertigo series to get the axe is Survivors' Club (with #9).
>>
>>83103638
Thank Christ.

What a shit comic.
>>
>>83103166
Who gave what he said was the worst possible pitch.

Its lile the woman has superpowers.

Why the hell doesnt she have Di's job?
>>
>>83103821
It's hard to run a superhero company when you don't give a fuck about them?

Also lets not pretend that outside of BKV that the late Vertigo was pumping out critical or commercial darlings.
>>
did they ever announce a replacement for shelly bond
if not it's basically dead
>>
>>83103821

Because in this age making good comics is about 5% of the EiC's job
>>
>>83103919
Punk Rock Jesus was a hit, the paperback has been through a ton of printings already plus it got s deluxe and outside of /co/ it was critically praised.
>>
>>83103919
Karen was responsible for the best superhero comics of the past three decades.

The fuck you talking about
>>
When you hear Vertigo you know what kind of book you're going to get. They should be going after Caitlìn R. Kiernan or some other Dark Horse talent.
>>
>>83103926
There's not going to be a replacement, she was let go because her job doesn't exist anymore. More laid off than fired.
>>
Was American Vampire the last true 'good' Vertigo book?
>>
>>83100550
Vertigo has been dying since at least the beginning of New 52, probably before. For whatever reason DC wanted it gutted and put their Vertigo's more popular properties in the DC universe. Look at what they did to WildStorm and StormWatch.
Also, they will never reprint all of Shade will they.
>>
>>83105085
maybe with the new shade series
>>
>>83105085
Because Vertigo by itself is a center of power within publishing and a rival to DC editorial and its personnel. Remember at the height of Vertgo, Berger had more power than the head of DC editorial.
>>
>>83105172
Is there seriously a new Shade series. I can't find anything on it.
Also, Why the fuck it Dr. Manhattan in DC rebirth.
>>
File: Shade.jpg (569 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
Shade.jpg
569 KB, 1280x1920
>>83105272
Shade the Changing Girl, by Cecil Castellucci and Marley Zarcone
>>
>>83105085

Shade the Changing Man is the one series I collect that I pretty sure I'll never be able to get in another format. I have 1-40 but finding the later ones has been sorta hard for me lately.

Still waiting on a nicer collection of Alan Moore's Swamp thing. I'm not going to hunt down 6 trades.
>>
>>83105306
At least, the art looks good.
>>
>>83105389
>I'm not going to hunt down 6 trades.
they've all been in print forever
>>
>>83105172
>>83105272
>>83105306
That's Young Animal, not Vertigo, although it's Vertigo in spirit and canon to the main DC universe.
>>
>>83105389
Considering some of the artists you would think that we could at least get an omnibus.
>>
>>83103254
It's 12 issues mini
>>
>>83106651
yeah but he calls it season 1
>>
>>83106651
...for "Season One".
>>
>>83106678
Wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but sales are very low for it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.