[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netflix the exclusive home for Disney in US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: nd.jpg (78 KB, 648x427) Image search: [Google]
nd.jpg
78 KB, 648x427
>In addition to releasing all of the planned dates for June, they also gave an update on the long-awaited Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Lucasfilm deal that has been in negotiations since 2012. “From September onwards, Netflix will become the exclusive US pay TV home of the latest films from Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar.” That means that Netflix will be the official home of Disney streaming, which will include the highly successful Star Wars and Marvel franchises.

Here's the full list of upcoming shows/movies:

June 1: “Jurassic Park” “The Lost World: Jurassic Park” “Jurassic Park III” “Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages” “Pokémon: XY: Kalos Quest” Season 2

June 10: “Voltron: Legendary Defender” Season 1 “LEGO Friends: The Power of Friendship” Season 2

June 16: “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3

June 22: “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For”

July: (TBA) “Back to the Future” Trilogy “Lethal Weapon” Quartet

August: (TBA) “The Little Prince” “The Fast and the Furious”

September: (TBA) Marvel/Disney/Lucasfilm/Pixar films
>>
>>83097632
>September: (TBA) Marvel/Disney/Lucasfilm/Pixar films
All of them? Up to a certain release date? Or just random picks?
>>
>Back to the Future
fucking finally
>>
All of this shit is already on Mexican Netflix. I didn't know America had it this bad.
>>
>>83098127
>Mexican Netflix
>Recommended for you
>Cartel Beheadings, Sabado Gigante, Monster's Inc.
>>
Welp time to stop using Netflix. They haven't had anything worth watching in a long time since the budget was used up for things like Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, but now Disney too.
>>
Is fucking any of this coming abroad?
>>
>>83098127
One of the downsides, the costs to put this stuff on US Netflix is way higher than in other territories.
>>
>>83098254
Is sabado gigante on netflix?
why the fuck would anyone would want to watch sabado gigante anachronistically?
>>
>>83098330
Don't they have some nice tits and ass on that show?

Yes, I realize this is redundant when talking about mexican television.
>>
>Pokémon
Wait Disney owns the movie rights to Pokemon? Would think TPC would have hold on to it by now.
>>
>>83098446
No they don't, why would you think that?
>>
>>83097632
YJ season three confirmed for never happening then.
>>
>>83098446
they partner with them i think. in epcot they have a whole store section just for pokemon.
>>
>>83098566
Yup there is a store in the Japanese section of Epcot that is full of Pokemon and other anime stuff.
>>
Whatever happened to Netflix making their own anime?
>>
>>83097922
Whatever's release from 2016 onwards.
This deal only lasts for three years.
>>
>>83098330
>TFW it's Tuesday but you want to see some big titted brown women scantily dressed, and don't want to wait
>>
>>83098607
That's still happening.

Technically Voltron is one of them.
>>
>>83098607
I think they did. It wasn't very good.
>>
File: this is your asshole in five.png (326 KB, 502x397) Image search: [Google]
this is your asshole in five.png
326 KB, 502x397
>>83098254
>Sabado gigante

you fuck, you fucking chakal you made me look.

THERE WAS NOTHING
>>
>>83097632
ominous
>>
>>83098810
Perfect Bones isn't out yet
>>
cuz i fucking can i love jj and want to fuck her
>>
Zootopia on Netflix when?
>>
>>83097632
>in US

okay

Does VPN's work again?
>>
>>83100404
In maybe 3 years, this is going to mainly be for their older shit.
>>
I guess this'll bolster Netflix after most of the other companies pull out to try and run their own on-demand streaming service. This is all moving pretty fast, I kind of assumed they'd all have waited until cable TV was dead and dusted.
>>
>>83098254
I'd buy or subscribe (I don't know exactly how this works) Netflix if we had cartel beheadings tBh.
>>
>>83102173
CBS has been planning to pull all the CW stuff for months once the contract runs out and then try their own service... made up of CBS/CW shows..and Star Trek.

That's gonna be a big seller.

Just like HBO, which people only sign up for when Game of Thrones is airing and then quit.

Hence the Sesame Street deal to give parents a reason to keep the service.
>>
>>83101863
I'd say about six months after DVD release to get the most out of sales.
>>
>>83097632
The Little Prince looks so good.
>>
>>83102173
The network streaming gamble is a extension of hopefully bringing people back to watching the networks.

Its a fruitless and insane gamble.
>>
>>83097632
>August: (TBA) “The Little Prince”
IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME
>>
>>83102222

Monthly Subscription
>>
>>83098566
>>83098601
That probably won't continue once Universal Studios gets its Nintendo attractions in.
>>
>>83097632
>“Pokémon: XY: Kalos Quest” Season 2

please tell me it'll have subs for it?

can't stand the dub at all and this is coming from a guy who does like dubs.
>>
>>83102370
I see.

I only pay for live events, so if they would give us cartel beheadings I'd happily part with my pesos.
>>
>>83102438
Of course not.
>>
Do you think netflix will alieante other companies with this move? Isn't it their best interest to remain neutral from company wars?
>>
>>83104240
Other companies don't care unless they have their own streaming service. Besides, they've already been working together on the Marvel netflix show.
>>
Good. One step closer to stopping that bullshit with every company starting their own separate service that's ruining the whole concept.
>>
>>83098127
Wait different laguage versions of netflix have different movies?
Or is it region locked?
Do I need a vpn or could I just switch the region setting?
>>
File: Giovanni-facepalm.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Giovanni-facepalm.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>83097632
So, when will Bojack Horseman season 3 come out?

also
>never an option for subs of the Pokemon anime

XY's been a good series, but the dub has just been god awful since DP.
>>
>>83105467
VPN.
But last time I checked it's no fun allowed so vpn's don't work either.
>>
>>83104240
They've had a deal with Disney for a while. In fact Disney has been one of the few that's actually worked with them when they come up for a new contract.

Every time another company or network does and Netflix is "Okay these shows get lots of traffic but nobody watches all this other junk. Lets make a new contract on just these shows."

That network throws a fit and decides to take their ball and go home. Viacom being a prime example. Because they've been pulling that shit for years WITH EVERYONE.
>>
>>83097632
>Pokémon
>BTTF

Fuck yeah
>>
>>83105488
>The dub has always been god awful
FIFY
>>
>>83105596
Pokemon has been on Netflix for years anon. Usually they have the original dub seasons (Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto) and the recent dub seasons (shitty Black and White and okay-ish XY) as well as one of the movies.
>>
>>83102245
How long is left on the contract? If that's is true than I have a lot to watch before it happens.
>>
Disney/Marvel titles that will be dropped from Netflix:
>>June 1
>Disney Animation Collection: Vol. 5: Wind in the Willows
>Hercules (1997)
>The Super Hero Squad Show: Seasons 1-2

>>June 24
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (2002)
>Marvel’s Avengers Assemble: Season 1
>Mulan (1998)
>Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)

Sauce: http://comicbook.com/2016/05/24/heres-the-list-of-everything-leaving-netflix-in-june/
>>
>>83098077
I know right?! God damn I've been wanting to rewatch those for some time.
>>
>>83105491
A friend of mine has smartflix and that works fine still (I know because I use it, thanks J), though Netflix has been cracking down harder on VPN's of late.
>>
>>83098810
Ajin was okay. Its got 2 more seasons to go iirc.
>>
File: civil war.jpg (56 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
civil war.jpg
56 KB, 500x437
>>83105763
>earths mightiest heroes will never ever come back
>>
>>83102245
The CBS All-Access service is available now, though as you can imagine there's not a lot there. Unless you really like Star Trek I guess.

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/
>>
Who cares?

Seriously. I bootleg everything so I have a copy even when the contract's up, or the site dies, or the net is down. Hell, I'll still by a DVD before I fuck with a paid stream. At least that DVD is mine to rip if I decide it takes up shelf space.

Bootleg everything, boys. Netflix is today's Blockbuster, a huge imposing corporate edifice worth billions, doomed to die in a decade. Bootleg what you want. Only way you'll have it in ten years without paying another goddam fee.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.