[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: wrong.jpg (15 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
15 KB, 300x225
What went wrong?
>>
>>83093483
>*Insert Shed 17 reference here*
>>
File: Ashima.png (3 MB, 1055x1023) Image search: [Google]
Ashima.png
3 MB, 1055x1023
franchise went to shit for 12 years

people will bitch about CGI but the writing is actually good now and the CGI is above standard for a kids show
>>
>>83093618
I am not fucking a train.
>>
>>83093483
The episodes about the homicidal boulder and the killer ghost train scared the fuck outta me. That's what went wrong.
>>
>>83093483
Too much money from merchandising, not enough care for the source material.
>>
>>83093483
They ran out of stories to adapt and had to make up their own.
>>
>>83093625

Hey, there was a time when i said shit like that too and here i am jacking off to twink asian guys
>>
>>83093740
>duncan doesnt believe in ghosts so his conductors tell him a story of a train who jumped track and plunged into a ravine never to be found again then when they are over it they stop and throw a rock over the bridge to scare him
>homicidal boulder that fucks shit up because people are mining its mountain
>when sir topham hat walls henry away because he refuses to work then gets percy and makes percy say, "yes master I will work for you and I will love it"
>when skarlowey almost got fucking murdered and if sir topham hat hadn't been there she would have been
>in the scrapyard the dead train bodies spread around with their faces still attached
>>
When his Nazi scientist father-
>>83093575
oh screw you
>>
>>83093483
> Thomas the Tank Engine
>cartoon

I don't think the show even counters as stop motion animation. It's just static shots of train models with voice overs from ringo starr.
>>
File: TheGreatRaceEnginesPromo.jpg (344 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatRaceEnginesPromo.jpg
344 KB, 1500x1000
>>83094126
It's a unique breed of "live action animation" since it's easier to film model trains than use stop motion trains. Humans however were stop motion when needed, a few cel-drawn moments were in the show, and the show has had 8 CGI seasons now.

It fits into /co/ better than it does /tv/.
>>
>>83093483
Muslims started immigrating to the Isle of Sodor. Eventually, they outnumbered the good, honest hardworking folk that lived there. The economy took a turn for the worse as they had to raise taxes to continue to fund their straining social services and the rule of law fell by the wayside as the local constabulary were displaced by modesty patrols charged with enforcing sharia. Coincidentally, there was a simultaneous surge in the number of sexual assaults but - so as to not be perceived as bigots - they went unreported by the authorities. Anyone who could afford to moved out and Mohammad Durka Jihad, a first-generation Sodor native of Pakistani derivation, was elected the new Labour MP in the most recent council elections. Today, more than three quarters of the people on Sodor collect some form of government assistance.
>>
>>83094251
Is that one Train from Fury Road?
>>
>>83094912
The one with the bars over his face? Naw, he's from Canada.
>>
Wasn't there a train with a murder claw on his back? That shits was a little dark for a kids show, that and the whole place where trains got melted down and scrapped.
>>
CGI. That's what went wrong.
>>
look, the train from ant-man!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.